The New Heirs of the Will of...

By Nofe0419

I don't really know what to say in terms of description.... So I guess you'll have to discover what happens w... More

Prologue
一 ↬ Kei's Team
三 ↬ Mai and Kei
四 ↬ Kei's and Minato's first meeting
五 ↬ Uchiha
六 ↬ Kei's first mission - Part I
七 ↬ Kei's First Mission - Part II
**Christmas Special chapter**
八 ↬ New Technique
A/N
九 ↬ Preparedness
十 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part I
十一 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part II
十二 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part III
十三 ↬ Get better, Kei!
十四 ↬ Congratulations to the New Chūnins!!!
十五↬ Naruto, the Seventh Hokage!
十六↬ Mummy...?
十七↬ The Ninja Academy
十八↬ The Uzumaki Family
十九↬ Metal Lee goes wild

二 ↬ The Bell Test

1K 23 21
By Nofe0419

The picture is just... 🤤🤤🤤🤤😍😍😍😍 So of course, this is what Naruto is supposed to look like as a Sensei.

-------------

As Kei went in the kitchen the following morning to make herself some breakfast, she was surprised to find both her parents in it.

"Good morning, hun. Did you sleep well?" Her mother asked her softly as she was already making some breakfast, Kakashi helping her.

Kei blinked blankly at the woman. Recently, Mai hadn't really been available to have breakfast with them. She opened her mouth to try to say something but immediately closed it, and then opened it again, and closed it.

"Come on, have a seat. You must be hungry. But even if you're not, you need carbs if you want to be full of energy for what is awaiting you," Mai stated in a soft voice, caring for Kei like any other mother would for their child.

Kei blinked at the woman again in silence.

"Come on, don't remain frozen in your spot," Kakashi said to his daughter. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Kei looked at him before gulping. After that, she went to stand between them.

"Can I help you with anything?" Kei asked, not aggressive at all.

"No, it's fine. We're almost done with the food. Just go sit down at the table. We're coming with the food," her mother replied softly, happy that their daughter didn't seem to be pissed off at her anymore.

Kei looked at her before she finally went to sit down at the table in silence.

Not long after, her parents joined her, placing the food down on the table before sitting down. Mai sat down in front of her while Kakashi sat down next to her.

Kei helped herself silently as if she didn't know what to say.

Mai stared at her intently and a small smile quickly made its way on the woman's lips.

"You know, after you're done with what you have to do with your team, I'd like us to spend some time together," she said still in her smooth voice.

Kei gave her mother a questioning look.

"You mean...." She trailed off, being taken aback by the woman's statement.

Mai nodded. "Yes, just the two of us."

"But what about your job? You can't just leave for a full day."

"Of course, I can. And I've only taken one day off in ages, you know. I probably should've done that much sooner."

"......."

"So? How does that sound to you?" Mai asked Kei with a smile.

Kei took a few moments before replying.

"Good," the silver-haired girl answered, suddenly smiling.

Her reaction made Mai smile wider.

"What will we do?" Kei then asked her curiously.

"Well, you'll see. Let's say that it's a surprise," Mai replied still smiling.

"But it's not as if it were my birthday..." Kei answered, but not in a sharp tone.

"I know, but I won't spoil anything."

"And what bout we spend time all together?" Kei then inquired. "I mean with Auntie and Granny as well. It's a been quite a while since the last time we did."

Mai kept smiling at the girl and Kakashi was smiling at her as well.

"That's really a good idea," he said.

"Of course, we will." Mai stopped talking to think for a few seconds. "What about we invite them over for dinner tonight?" She suggested.

Kei nodded eagerly.

Afterward, they ate in silence. Kei didn't really like talking when she was eating, strangely. Anyway, neither Kakashi nor Mai minded.

Kei was used to eating quickly so in hardly fifteen minutes she was done eating. She cleared her own bowl and glass and stood up to go wash them. Once she was done with that, she went to get ready to meet her team upstairs.

Mai and Kakashi were soon done with eating their own food and cleared the table.

"See? I told you it would work," Kakashi said to Mai with a smile as they were washing their own dishes.

Mai gave him a soft smile.

"I'm glad you were right. She could have rejected me."

"No. The only thing she is craving for is spending time with you. She doesn't hate you, you know. On the contrary she thinks highly of you, but she won't say it out loud. She's just sad and frustrated when you're not there with us. But if you take the initiative to spend time with her, as you did, she'll be really happy. That's what she needs."

Mai kept smiling at him. But her smile suddenly faded.

"I'm aware I haven't been a good mother... Yet, I know what's it's like to feel neglected by your own mother...."

"Don't say that. You're a good mother. It's just that the village is your family too. And Kei is old enough to understand that."

"Yes, I know she is," Mai responded somehow thoughtfully.

There was a very short moment of silence before Mai spoke up again.

"Do you think that had you remained the Hokage, she would have felt the same way?"

Kakashi seemed to be surprised by her question but his smile quickly reappeared.

"Of course, she would have."

Kakashi had indeed been Hokage for some time, but not for that long (let's say for two years), simply because he had grown tired of it, and thought Mai to be a much better Hokage than he could ever be. This had all happened shortly after Minato's birth. Mai had been told that after the baby boy had been kidnapped he hadn't survived. So she had needed a lot of time to get over it.

Kakashi could feel a wave of guilt overwhelming him as he was remembering that. That moment had been hard for everyone.

Anyway, some time after, Kei finally went back downstairs, and made her way toward her parents.

She kissed her father on the cheek before hugging her mother.

"Thank you for taking some time for me. I know the job you're doing is not easy, and I really appreciate this effort on your part," the girl chirped.

Mai couldn't have been happier than she was right now. She hugged her back.

"See you later," she said to her softly.

"Yes, see you!" She said before letting go of her mother and making her way in the hall. She put her sandals on and opened the door to leave once she was done.

She arrived to the training ground n°5 fifteen minutes early. She was soon joined by her two male teammates.

"Hey guys," she greeted them.

"Hi," the two boys replied in unison somehow shyly, as if intimidated by her.

They all remained silent afterward, which lasted for a while, until Yori broke the silence.

"What do you think we are going to do today?"

Daisuke shrugged.

"If Naruto-Sensei asked us to get here so early, it must be something really important."

"Yes, maybe it will be some kind of intensive training or something like that," Kei said. "I guess he wants to see our capacities as shinobi, since he is our Sensei."

"Yes, that's very likely," Daisuke agreed.

They fell silent again after that.

Naruto finally showed up five minutes late.

"Hey guys!! I'm sorry for being late again!" He apologised, scratching the back of his head awkward once again.

"It's alright, Sensei, you're not that late compared to yesterday," Daisuke pointed out.

Naruto grinned at his students.

"Oh yeah, that's true haha! Well I'm glad you're not mad at me, you know!"

"What are we going to do now, Sensei?" Yori inquired.

"Oh yeah, right. Well, about that..." he started saying before he put one hand in his pocket.

He got two silver bells out of it.

Kei's mouth fell agape as she stared at them.

"These silver bells...." She trailed off.

"You will have to catch them," Naruto stated in a very solemn tone.

"But there are only tow of them..." Yori pointed out, somehow worried.

"Which means..." Daisuke trailed off.

"That's right. The one who will fail to catch one of them will be sent back to the Academy."

"But you can't send us back to the Academy!" Kei protested. "We all passed the test to become Genins so that would be unfair to do such a thing."

"Oh really? You think I can't?" Naruto replied in so solemn a tone that it was making Kei freak out. "Well, let me tell you one thing, you are underrating me, Kei."

The blond man almost sounded threatening. Kei wasn't used at all to seeing him behave like that.

The two boys were just as scared as Kei was.

"You have until 12 p.m. to take them from me. And if none of you succeeds in catching them, you will all be sent back to the Academy. Is that clear enough?"

Every teenager gulped nervously. They hadn't expected their Sensei to be so harsh. But the two boys nodded nonetheless.

This wasn't the Naruto Kei knew. He was being a totally different person now.

"Well, I'd rather we all fail rather than just one of us is sent back to the Academy," she stated solemnly.

Naruto looked at her solemnly but he was internally happy to hear her say that.

"Well, whenever you're ready, you may start," he then said.

Afterward, he hung the two bells at the level of his waist.

Kei knitted her brows slightly before speaking up.

"Come on, guys, let's go hide to discuss a strategy."

"You'd better find a good one. Because I won't let you have them so easily," Naruto warned them.

Shortly after, they went to hide.

"Okay, so none of us have ever fought against him. So we don't know how strong he really is... We know that he is the strongest shinobi that has ever existed though," Kei said earnestly.

And her words weren't reassuring the two males at all.

"But, we won't let him send any of us at the Academy, okay? So listen, my strategy is pretty simple. I will be the decoy to distract him while you guys will wait for the right time to take the bells from him, okay?"

"But this means..." Yori trailed off.

"But Kei... We can't do that. We won't let you go back to the academy," Daisuke said firmly

"That doesn't matter. Just listen to me. I know him better than you do, so it's best if I am the decoy. Just wait for my signal to come out of where you're hiding, okay?"

The two boys were reluctant to do that, but they ended up complying nonetheless, fearing they might make Kei angry. And that's really the last thing they wanted to do.

"Well, here I go then!" She said before leaping out from the bushes to make her way toward her Sensei. She decided to attack him from behind, but Naruto anticipated her movement and blocked her blow.

"Is that your strategy, Kei? I don't think this one is really good..."

But Kei didn't reply anything, and instead, she tried to land a punch on him again, but Naruto blocked it with his other hand.

"Rushing in is not a good thing, I know something of it, believe me."

"But I know what I am doing, trust me," Kei retorted.

Naruto wasn't used either to seeing her with such a demeanour. For him, she had always been the happy and cheerful little girl, eager to spend as much time with him as she could. 

Kei suddenly leapt backward and soon attempted to land a punch on Naruto again, but this time Naruto dodged her attack and Kei ended up punching the ground instead. And because she possessed her grandmother's and mother's strength, it crumbled, which scared Naruto out of his wits.

Oh Jeez, she will end up killing me too.... I'd better be careful....

Next thing he knew, Kei suddenly appeared right behind him, ready to try to punch him again, taking him by surprise.

How can she be so fast...? He wondered in amazement.

And this time, she succeeded in landing a powerful punch on him. Yet, she soon realised that it wasn't the real Naruto as the shadow clone he had been using suddenly disappeared.

"What...? This was only a clone?!" Kei uttered in shock before she frowned. "I should have known..."

Kei then scanned her surroundings.

"So this means the real one is hidden somewhere..." she muttered earnestly.

She kept looking around, but couldn't sense his chakra.

"..........."

He's trying to ambush me.... She thought still frowning.

Without warning, the real Naruto appeared behind her. (in case you're wondering, he's not gonna use the 1000 years of death technique on her^^)

"That's not bad at all," he said satisfied of her previous action. "But that won't be enough!"

Kei froze in her spot before swiftly turning around to hit him. But Naruto blocked all of her attacks without too much difficulty.

"Your Taijutsu and agility are really good, you know," Naruto said with a hint of pride in his voice as they were still fighting. 

But Kei didn't reply anything as she was still solely focused on her objective. All of a sudden, she leaped backward again, putting an end to their hand to hand spar before weaving the snake hand seal and slamming her hand on the ground.

Earth Release: Earth Wave Technique

The ground instantly started moving, and pretty soon Naruto leaped backward as well, trying to avoid the waves. He had no idea she could use this kind of techniques, although he should have known. After all both her parents were Doton users, so he shouldn't surprised. But actually, he had been spending most of his time with her because he really loved her rather than for training her.

Naruto was surrounding by waves, making it now impossible for him to stand on the ground, so he had to use one of Kurama's hands to catch her and destabilise her. In order to avoid getting caught by it, Kei had no other choice than to stop using her technique. She leapt backward once again, not ready to give up so soon. 

She decided to use the Body Flicker Technique, and disappeared instantly, making Naruto frown.

She's gonna try to launch a surprise attack on me again, he thought.

She appeared at a distance behind him, but Naruto immediately turned around, and didn't intend to leave her anytime to attack him.

Kei quickly weaved hand seals before he could do anything to her.

Water Release: Wild Water Wave

But Naruto managed to dodge her attack. Still, this didn't prevent her from trying again to hit him with it as he kept dodging it.

Afterward, the two of them kept sparring for more than an hour or so, Kei still having the intent of keeping him distracted and thinking he would end up getting tired. But to her great surprise, the man didn't seem to grow tired of it, which made her frown.

How can he have such powerful and strong stamina? She wondered as she was trying to catch her breath without getting hit or anything. I've never seen that before.... That's...Incredible....

"Shouldn't we go help her now?" Yori suggested at some point as he and Daisuke had been observing them spar all along.

"She said to wait for her signal to intervene," Daisuke reminded him.

"I know, but she's been doing all the work on her own for so long... I'm feeling really useless..."

"....."

Daisuke couldn't deny that he was somehow feeling useless too. But if Kei had chosen to wait for so long, it was certainly because she had a good reason to do so.

Somehow Naruto managed to hit Kei, but he hadn't meant to hurt her in any way. However, he soon realised that it was only a shadow clone. He couldn't believe he hadn't noticed it was only a clone.

Meanwhile without warning, the real Kei landed on his shoulders and started pulling on his hair like a savage, which made poor Naruto shout and scream in pain.

"Now boys!!" The girl shouted, this being the signal Yori and Daisuke had been waiting for.

As soon as she said it, both teenage boys suddenly appeared from behind Naruto, ready to snatch the bells from him. With her natural strength, Kei pulled on his hair even harder, and Naruto couldn't do anything to have her get off him.

And so the two boys managed to catch them.

"We have them Kei, you can stop!" Daisuke said to her.

The silver-haired girl quickly slumped down wearily on the ground.

"Thank God, it's finally over..."

As for Naruto, he did acknowledge his defeat.

"You did very well Kei. Unfortunately.... This won't be enough for you to pass the test," Naruto stated solemnly after he had recovered from the silver-haired girl had inflicted on him.

"But you can't send her back to the Academy," Daisuke protested, "she did all the work so we could get the bells."

"I know that, but she should have thought twice before doing so."

"But that's unfair," Yori chimed in.

"That's how life is."

"Send me back to the Academy instead, Sensei," Daisuke suddenly said more earnest than he had ever been.

Kei suddenly sat up.

"What? No! Why would you do that?" The girl asked him, seemingly shocked.

"Because I know you would've done the same had I been in your shoes," he replied solemnly.

"......"

Kei quickly stood up and focused her attention on the boy.

Yes, I would have...But I don't want you to sacrifice yourself just for me."

"Well, if that can settle your dilemma, I can send you both back to the Academy," Naruto stated solemnly.

"What? No! You can't do that! He got the bell!" Kei protested.

"Well, if you are sending them both back to the Academy, you'll have to send me back there as well," Yori interjected earnestly before Naruto could reply anything.

"Yori! No!" Kei exclaimed.

"Well, if that's what you want then.... All that's left for me to do now....."

The three of them looked at the blond man nervously, somehow afraid of his stern demeanour.

"....Is to say to you...."

"....."

"Congratulations guys!!!!!!!" He shouted with a big grin plastered on his face. "You've all passed the test 'ttebayo!!!!!!!!!"

"......WHAT??!!!" They all exclaimed in unison. 

"That's right! None of you will be sent back to the Academy," he explained still smiling warmly. 

Kei was so happy and so relieved to hear that. So much so that she pounced on Naruto to hug him tightly.

"Kei....!" Naruto exclaimed somehow becoming flustered. "Please..."

Said girl wouldn't let go of the man but suddenly remembered what he had said to her the day before, so she eventually broke the hug and pulled away. 

"So does this mean we are done for today?" she asked Naruto. 

"Yes, but we'll meet again tomorrow morning to begin training, so I want you guys to have the rest of the day off to rest."

Kei nodded. This meant she would be able to spend a full day with her mother and she couldn't wait to join her. 

She smiled a simple but happy smile, which made Naruto smile as well. It always made him happy whenever Kei would smile. 

She felt today was going to be a great day. 

🌼🌼🌼

Hey everybody!!! 

So I hope you liked this chapter!! Sorry for taking so long to update btw, but I've been really busy recently... So I really hope this was worth waiting for.

I know that in Boruto the Genin Exam is different, but I found it nice to have this bell test with Naruto as the Sensei and Kakashi's own child, so here you go ;) 

So in the next chapter, I will focus on Kei and her mother. 

There's just one thing I'd like you to keep in mind. I don't want Kei to become another Boruto, I just want her to be the Tsundere type of girl because I think it fits her for some reason. 

Also, I wanted to have your opinions on something:

Who do you think could be a potential love interest for Kei? 

Tbh, I've already thought about someone who could fall in love with her, but I don't want to sway any of you. 

And I think that's all I wanted to say. 

Anyway, if you liked this chapter, don't hesitate to let me know your thoughts about it!! :) 

Thanks for those who have decided to read this sequel, it means a lot to me <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...
224K 3.6K 57
Naruko is naruto's twin sister... The girl that also have a beast inside of her and wants to be the strongest kunouchi. Sasuke is a lone Uchiha survi...
5.7K 467 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
79.3K 2.1K 44
You are from the (l/n) clan a very powerful and very well respect clan well it was until it's downfall and every clan member killed in cold blood Wel...