wrapped books | lrh {rewriti...

By doverin

Where a girl who obsesses over books and likes dark nail polish falls for a boy who ironically dislikes books... More

blurb
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Epilogue

3.6

4.3K 161 22
By doverin

"So... you work at a bookstore, although... you dislike reading?" Dad asked Luke the same question four times already.

"Yes, sir." Luke nodded, he hardly touched his plate of spaghetti, Dad assumed it was rude of him to not eat but Janet told him that it was okay for Luke to not eat a big meal during the day.

"That's ridiculous." Dad scoffed.

"Martin..." Janet sighed.

"Well it is." Dad confirmed his opinion. "Why do you work there if you hate books?"

"Because..." Luke took in a sharp breath, "my parents actually own the store." Luke said quickly.

It was now quiet, not even the forks scraped against the plates.

His parents owned the store?

But his parents are also having troubles?

"I got one of my friends a job there too." Luke continued.

Ashton. I thought.

"My mom sort of likes him more than me. As an employee... and son." He mumbled the last part.

Seriously?

I thought hard about it.

Why hasn't he told me that his parents owned The Old One?

Was he too embarrassed?

Did he think I'd judge him.

Luke didn't talk anymore.

I looked over to him, and he stared back at me. I felt his hand hold onto my own under the table, he laced our fingers together, but his lips stayed in a straight line.

Then a memory hit me. "Were you the kid that named the store?" I asked him quietly, but loud enough for Dad and Janet to hear us from across the table.

He gave me a small smile and nodded.

"What's the bookstore called?" Dad broke our gaze and we both averted our stare back to him.

"T-The Old One." Luke stuttered.

Dad nodded, but he wore a dour expression throughout the whole dinner. I looked back to Janet and she was almost smiling at Luke.

"I think its a nice name." Janet commented.

"I think its..." Dad, clearly, made a rude remark before drowning his words in his wine.

"Martin, be nice." Janet rebuked.

"Sorry." Dad growled. He scowled at Luke for the rest of the dinner.

-

"Your Dad hates me." Luke groaned through the phone.

Its now 12 pm and I should actually be in bed right now. But I couldn't so I called Luke, hoping he'd be awake too.

"No he doesn't." I argued.

"Did you hear what he said?"

"About what?" I asked, Dad said a lot of things tonight.

"He said that the name of the store was crap." Luke stated.

"Crap? Really?" I giggled into the phone.

"Its not funny." He groaned.

"I know, I know. But my Dad could've said something way worse than crap." I laughed.

"Whatever." Luke grumbled.

"Luke, don't be such a sourpuss." I teased.

"I'm not." He said groaned in irritation.

"Yes you are." I laughed.

"Would you shut up and come downstairs?" Luke carped.

"Wait? You're here?" I asked quietly, remembering that Dad and Janet were asleep.

"I didn't exactly leave." Luke trailed off.

"You're such a weirdo." I giggled quietly, I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

"You're making it hard to love you right now." Luke whined.

"Aw. You love me?"

"Not anymore." Luke scoffed.

"Luke-" I was about to argue until I walked into the kitchen and spotted him through the window of the backdoor. "Oh, I'll call you back. Luke's here." I joked. Hanging up before Luke spurted out laughing.

"You're the weirdo." Luke laughed.

"Shush, Dad's asleep." I put my fingers to his lips to shut him up.

Luke removed my finger from his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"You're so cheesy." I whispered, closing the backdoor and dragging him back into my room.

"I'm staying here tonight?" Luke asked when I closed the door behind us.

"If you want to." I shrugged.

Luke pulled me into a kiss. I settled into it nicely, entangling my fingers in the short ends of his hair behind his head. Luke's hand found a spot on my waist, under my shirt.

I titled my head to the side so he could deepen the the kiss. It started to grow more heated. Luke and I have never officially made out, but to be honest, this was the best make out session I've ever had... we haven't even went that far yet.

"Fuck." Luke mumbled into the kiss, shoving me against the wall near the door. His hands trailed down to my butt, giving it a small squeeze, causing me to yelp and jump up slightly. He took that as an opportunity to wrap my legs around his waist.

"Luke." I moaned, giving Luke the chance to put some more tongue into the kiss.

"Yeah?" He mumbled, barely taking his lips off mine.

"I love you." I whispered.

Luke smiled into the kiss and lifted me off the wall, bringing me over to the bed and dropping me onto it. Not separating from the kiss for a second, he now hovered over me.

"I love you too." He spoke so breathlessly.

That was basically how the rest of the night went.

Luke took our shirts off.

He made a comment about my boobs.

Luke giggled a lot during the kiss.

I ran my hands up and down his chest.

Luke squealed and claimed that I was trying to tickle his sides.

I told him that he was such a dork.

But after a while we just stopped making out and stared at each other.

Luke supported his weight on his forearms while he was on top of me. My hands were cupping his cheeks. I swear, that at that moment, I didn't want more than to just be with him.

"I should go." Luke tried to move but I stopped him.

"Stay here tonight. Please?" I pleaded.

"You have school tomorrow." Luke reminded me.

"So do you." I argued, making sure we weren't being loud.

"I guess I can stay here for a while longer." Luke collapsed his entire body onto mine.

"Luke, you're heavy." I groaned, trying to push him off me."You're like a huge bear." I joked.

"But I love you Maia Katherine." He kissed my temple and held onto my waists with his hands.

"Could you love me a little less?" I whined.

Luke eventually rolled off me, and laid on his back, but he pulled me along with him, so I now laid on top of him.

"Luke?"

He hummed in response, he ran a hand through my hair.

"How come you've never told me about your parents owning the bookstore?" I asked, sitting up slightly to look down at him. "How come you haven't told me any these things before all of this shit happened?"

"I didn't think it would matter..." He spoke so quietly. "I also never thought you'd mean so much to me."

"I didn't either... I never thought that the boy that gave me wrapped books would suddenly mean the world to me. And yet, here we are." I shrugged.

"Here we are." He repeated.

"Do you have another book for me to read?" I smiled.

I missed those days. Luke effortlessly wrapping the cover of a book and writing in a messy handwriting the title and author's name. I'd go home, read the book before the week ended. Then we'd sit at the small coffee shop and discuss the book. Although he wouldn't read it, he listened to my summary.

"I had one for four months." He said, his lips in a straight line. "You never showed up to pick it up."

My smile dropped. "Four months?"

"But it doesn't matter, we weren't speaking at that time." Luke shrugged like it was no big deal.

Luke actually expected me to come back?

Did he wait for me to show up everyday?

"I kept it in a safe spot. Hoping that you'd come. But I guess you were too upset to." Luke answered my question that was in my head.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I really am, Luke." My heart stung.

I dropped my head to his bare chest and listened to his heartbeat.

Boom Boom. Boom Boom.

Kind of like my heart. But instead of beating, my heart was feeling bombs and shattering glass. It felt like it was in great havoc and chaos.

He waited for me. But I never came.

So stupid.

"How could I just do that to you?" I whispered shakily.

"Its fine, I sort of did the same to you." Luke chuckled lightly to lighten the mood. But it failed to work.

"Luke. Do you hear yourself?" I sat up to have better look at him.

"What?"

"Fine is the lowest level on the greatness meter." I sighed, sitting up completely straight, but I was still on top of him.

"I meant okay." He gave me a small smile.

"Luke." I whispered.

"Maia, I love you. It doesn't matter anymore." Luke gave me a cheesy smile. "See." He showed his perfectly pearly teeth.

I sniffled and held back a smile, not realizing that tears were streaming down my face. Luke sat up to meet eye level with me, his hands cupped my cheeks and wiped the tears away.

"I love you." He reminded me again. Like saying it fifty times an hour wasn't enough.

I nodded, Luke already knew that I loved him. I smiled weakly and wiped the remaining tears away.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

He can say that over and over again, but me being a typical girl, I wouldn't believe him.

Because I doubted someone was more beautiful than him.

I entangled my fingers in his hair again and brought his lips closer to meet mine.

The kiss started off slow, but when I opened my mouth more to grant his tongue access, it began to heat up.

It didn't take long before we began feeling every part of bare skin from the other.

His hands came dangerously close to my bra clasp. I wanted to stop him from moving closer, but I didn't want to break the kiss.

I ran my hands all over his torso. It was nice to know that all those times I thought I'd never see him again... and now here we are.

"I fucking love you much." Luke mumbled into the kiss. He fell back onto the bed, bringing me down with him so he didn't break the kiss, so I was basically straddling him.

We kissed until we ended up growing too tired to continue. So the night ended with us in each other's arms.

It was a school night.

But when I was with Luke, nothing else ever mattered.

-

LAIA IS HERE. LAIA IS HERE. CHANT WITH ME.

i'm sorry i've been an ass lately, not updating that much anymore :(

its just that being a teenager is difficult. i did not say i wanted to be older than seven... yet here i am :(

i promise i'll update more often from now on. i'll do my best.

i feel like i din't get appreciated that much for the effort i put to put off some school work to update.

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'ETCHED MEMORIES' (ashton fanfic)

but always and forever...(and all that other cheesy shit)

LOVE YOU!!

- mack

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 13.5K 199
A series of 5sos preferences. Request are open updating at least 3 times a week. Vote, comment, and follow PLEASE. Most will be from tumblr ill let y...
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
373K 10.2K 49
In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows Luke deserves someone better.
61.6K 730 71
all in the title