It's a Long Story

Por aestheticaries

13 ordinary high school students, complete strangers to one another, end up tying a undying bond together aft... Mais

Chapter One - Detention
Chapter Two - A nightmare
Chapter Three - It Doesn't Really Matter
Chapter Four - Aquarius
Chapter Five - I Trust You
Chapter Six - I'm A Cancer
Chapter Seven - I Killed Her
Chapter Eight - I Don't Care
Chapter Nine - No Comment
Chapter Ten - Do You Believe Me Now?
Chapter Eleven - Another New Student
Chapter Twelve - Locked
Chapter Thirteen - Aries
Chapter Fifteen - Powerful
Chapter Sixteen - Aquarius&Capricorn
Chapter Seventeen - Sagittarius&Scorpio
Chapter Eighteen - Libra&Virgo
Chapter Nineteen - Leo&Cancer
Chapter Twenty - Gemini&Taurus
Chapter Twenty-One - Blair
Chapter Twenty-Two - No Problem
Chapter Twenty-Three - Begin
Chapter Twenty-Four - Goodnight
Chapter Twenty-Five - I'm Sorry
Chapter Twenty-Six - Rihanna
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Now
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Psychotic
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Let's Play
Chapter Thirty - Each Other
Chapter Thirty-One - Oh My God
Chapter Thirty-Two - A Word
Chapter Thirty-Three - True Aries
Chapter Thirty-Four - It's A Long Story
ANNOUNCEMENT
SEQUEL IS OUT
One Year Anniversary

Chapter Fourteen - A Team

188 9 0
Por aestheticaries

And there I was, back on the battle field of destruction once again. My eyes widened and pupils dilated, "N-Not again..." I whimpered as my shaking legs hoisted me back up from the sandy concrete. 

My auburn eyes flickered around looking for any sign of a moving figure lurking behind the mist of the fog, my eyes drifted down to the shooting pain that pierced in my palms, I glanced down at my palms to see the wound oozing out with blood. 

"That's odd..." I muttered to myself, "The wound wasn't like that last time..." I spoke to myself. This most likely meant this had just been a recent occurrence, possibly before the last one I had. 

"B-Blair...is that you...?" a voice quivered, but the voice sounded oddly familiar. I jerked my body backwards to the person laying on the floor, shaking frantically due to the harsh cold that crawled up my spine in just a moment. 

I edged closer to the silhouette that lay paralysed on the ground, I began to pick up my pace till I was running, covering my face with my hand so the empty dust that engulfed me didn't make their way into my eyes, I had to be protective over them...but why? 

I noticed the body instantly that laid supposed 'dead' on the floor. Long ambitious red hair, porcelain doll-like skin and bright emerald green eyes: it was Scarlett, I felt my eyes begin to water, "S-Scarlett!" I exclaimed in shock, kneeling down beside her. 

She let out a chuckle as blood poured from the side of her mouth before coughing vigorously, I looked at the abnormally large hole in her abdomen held my hand gently around it, using my other hand to grab her wrist, feeling her weak pulse. 

"S-Stay with me..." I begged as tears slid down my cold isolated face, "Please, I can't lose you." 

She coughed again as chalky dust from the concrete absorbed into her throat, "I-It's too late..." she replied, "T-They already got me...the damn traitor." she spoke, I glanced at her injured body, she seemed to be wearing some sort of suit that represented the power of the Libra. 

It was the Libra's true colour the emerald green that matched her eyes perfectly, with the Libra's identity of scales tattooed on her left cheek, "S-Scarlett please...you're all I have left..." I pleaded, tears streamed down my cheeks more to the fact my breathing became uneven and I found myself frantically breathing out of my mouth. 

She just flashed my a smile, "Do me a favour...do us all a favour..." she placed her shaking hand on my shoulder, she patted my shoulder with the energy she had left, "Kill them." and with that her emerald eyes closed, the bright green light that glazed out of her eyes faded away like a burnt out candle light and her body then became unresponsive. 

"S-S-Scarlett?" I questioned as panic hit my body, "Scarlett!" I screeched her name this time, on instinct I grabbed her shoulders, the hand I had placed over her wound was soaked in her own blood, "Scarlett!" I called out again, shaking her shoulders as I sobbed uncontrollably. I placed my ear against her chest trying to listen for a heartbeat: there was none. 

Tears continued to fall down my face as I screamed as loud as I was capable of, just wanting this nightmare to be over. 

I woke up. 

I launched my body upwards from my bed, waking up in cold sweat. I waited till my breathing calmed down to glance at the time. '4:08am.' the clock read that rested on my bed side table. I hazily rubbed my eyes as I swung my legs over to the edge of my bed, my feet grazing against the beige carpet. 

"No reason in trying to fall back to sleep." I muttered to myself, knowing if I even tried to I would just be continuing the same nightmare, but I guess it also cuts out one person as the traitor, leaving the others as suspects. 

All I know for now about the traitors identity is that it isn't Scarlett, and to be honest I felt relief wash over me about it, at least I can trust her for now. 

As I stretched, I turned around to my bed and fluffed the grey and mauve pillows and tossed the mauve blanket that matched over the pillows before opening up my blinds, witnessing the sun just beginning to rise.

I wrapped myself up in a grey dressing gown before carefully opening my bedroom door and tiptoeing down the stairs. I entered the living room where I saw Mavis curled up on the chair, sleeping peacefully, I approached her slowly trying to not awake her, my fingertips grazed along her luscious fur and she let a melodious purr gargle from her throat, without even opening her eyes. 

I smiled softly at her peaceful sleeping state before heading to the kitchen to get myself a glass of cold water. I rinsed out the already clean glass at least two times before filling it right to the top and taking a sip - it's a habit I've grown to have. 

I leaned my body against the kitchen counter, as I took more sips of the cold liquid that seemed to cool down my throat, I let out a sigh of satisfaction. I picked myself up off the counter before heading upstairs with an already half empty glass of the cold water. 

I placed it down on a coaster on my bedside table before starting my morning routine, a little earlier than I expected to.

 I got dressed into a white blouse and straight black trousers, I let my hair remain curled as if I dare tried to fix the curls who knew what the consequences would be, I placed red matte lipstick on my lips and put on a light coat of mascara. 

I sat down on my bed as Mavis mysteriously wandered into my room, her eyes half-lidded and sleepy. She curled up beside me before continuing to sleep as I unplugged my phone off charge to check for messages. 

Surprisingly, I had one off Vivien. Furrowing my eyebrows, I opened it, my eyes scanned across my phone reading the text. 

'Before you ask, it was Scarlett who gave me your phone number, I don't know when you'll be up nor when you'll read this, but we need to talk.'

I furrowed my eyebrows as to what Vivien would want to associate with me for, the message was only sent about 2 hours ago approximately so why the hell would she have been texting me at 2 in the morning? I took the chance and replied back, 'Hey I'm sorry for not replying sooner, I'm awake now if you want to meet at my house.' 

Despite my mom and younger brother being asleep, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, hopefully, as soon as I placed my phone down on my lap, the light flashed on again, reading a notification off Vivien straight away, I picked up my phone once again and opened her message, 'Great, send me your address and I'll be there in a few minutes.' 

I told her my address and advised her to tell me when she's outside so she didn't wake my family up with it being surprisingly early in the morning, she complied and the conversation was quick to end. I placed my phone down from the opposing end to Mavis, tying my fingers into her luscious fur once more as I stared out of my window, watching as the trees flowed slowly in the beautiful brisk morning and the sun slowly began to make it's awakening, one of the part reasons I loved the month June, it's sunrises and sunsets where no doubt gorgeous and mesmerising. 

After what seemed like hours, but was in fact about fifteen minutes, I got a message from Vivien telling me she was outside, I slowly got off the edge of my bed, accidently waking Mavis up in the process, I gently tapped my feet against the staircase as I travelled down towards the front door. Slowly sliding the hatch open and tugging on the door handle to reveal Vivien in front of me. 

Vivien was dressed in black high-waisted jeans with a white crop-top like jumper that had a logo on it, her luscious blonde locks was wrapped up into a high ponytail and she wore white trainers to match with huge hooped earrings, unusually casual for Vivien's style, "Thank you so much for answering my text." she spoke up, and she was being ridiculously kind. 

I arched an eyebrow, "Yeah, sure, is everything alright? Who stays up at 2am in the morning?" I questioned, as I welcomed her in, she scraped her feet on the welcome mat, disregarding a large amount of mud from the bottom of her shoes which only boggled more and more questions in my mind as the clock chimed in at 5am in the morning, showing this was my alarm for school, I immediately placed it on snooze before I woke anyone up. 

"What's all over your shoes?" I questioned. "It's mud." she replied, "Would it be best if I took my shoes off?" she questioned with an arched eyebrow, I nodded my head, "Probably." 

She complied sliding her shoes off by her heels and placing them outside before any mud could get anywhere else but the kitchen, and at that moment, the door parted slightly as a groggy, yet more awake Mavis. 

Afterwards Vivien wandered off into my living room looking around, "What was the text all about?" I questioned, bringing in a glass of water for Vivien, afterwards, I went to refill mine. She waited till I arrived back, taking a seat on the sofa, I did the same. 

"Last night, as I was walking home," she began, biting her lip cautiously, I furrowed my eyebrows curiously, "I got this feeling at the pit of my stomach that someone was following me." she explained, I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off, "Yes, I did look behind me and no I saw nothing of the power that I hold." she answered to my question that I was about to say. 

She took a sip of her drink, "I shrugged it off but as I kept walking, I heard footsteps, they got louder and louder as they became closer, it freaked me out, it felt like someone was going to kill me." she explained, fear glistening in the depths of her bright eyes, I felt sympathetic towards her, sure she wasn't the nicest person to be around but nobody should be experiencing this feeling, "So what did you do?" I questioned. 

"Well, I ran home." she replied, "I ran as fast as I could till I reached my house, once I was in, I locked all the doors and shut all the windows just in case they had followed me, I haven't been to sleep since." she explained even further, "Because every time I close my eyes, I get the gut feeling someone is watching me, and when I open my eyes, nobody is there." 

She sipped off the rest of her drink anxiously, before handing me her glass, I grabbed it off her hands acceptingly and balanced it on the grey carpet in the living room, "I didn't know who would believe me until I thought of you, Blair, I knew you would believe me if you've believed everything else that's happened and proved yourself to be right." she explained, "So I asked Scarlett for your phone number which she gave me and then I text you." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What was Scarlett doing up at 2am in the morning?" I questioned, tilting my head to one side. Vivien shrugged, "I asked her the same thing, she said she was talking to someone named Chi, she seems pretty excited over them, I think she might have a crush on them." Vivien spoke with a soft smile. I gave a smile back, "Yeah, maybe she does."

I quickly changed the subject, "Where were your parents when you ran through the door?" I questioned, arching one eyebrow. "They're on a business trip." Vivien replied, "And they're going to be for the next week, they set off yesterday and they trusted me to be home alone all week, the thought of someone following me and being on my own terrifies me." she spoke, looking away rather terrified. 

"Hey, you can stay here until your parents come back or I can stay round at yours if you'd like?" I suggested out in the open, without even thinking, "Whatever puts your mind to rest." 

Vivien's eyes lit up in hope, "You'd do that? For me?" Vivien asked with surprised eyes. I nodded my head, "Of course, why wouldn't I?" I retorted back. "It's because, well, I haven't been the nicest person to you, have I? And nobody has really cared about me as much as you have to be honest, not even my own parents." Vivien explained. 

I placed a hand on her shoulder supportively, bringing her into a one-handed hug, "Hey, that was in the past right?" I asked rhetorically, "Whatever has happened, has happened, it isn't going to stop me from trying to help you, I'm always going to care about what happens to you and the rest of us," I explained, "Because I have a strange feeling we'll be spending more time with each other." 

She chuckled a little, "Well, yeah, after all, we're the zodiacs!" she spoke determinedly, looking at me with her large bright eyes. I nodded my head, "Of course we are!" I cheered excitedly.

"We're a team!"

Vivien's eyes went wide at the word 'team' her shocked expression then faded into a smile as she nodded her head excitedly, "Yeah..."

"...A team."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

36.7K 408 32
twelve high-school constellations navigating their way through powers, drama, an evil dude, and a lot more. enjoy, or don't - i wrote this in sixth g...
9.8K 206 41
14 zodiacs of villains and hero's get summoned into a house to improve the relationships between villains and hero's.
110K 2.3K 39
The zodiacs are in high school! The only twist is that they're supernatural beings. Werewolves, witches and vampires at high school. Such fun, especi...
1.9K 39 18
The Twelve Students at highschool that looks ordinary but have extraordinary powers beyond Normal humans... They are trained at a Highschool called "...