Mission Accepted: Percabeth A...

By Fangirlwriter256

In a world of spies and princes, the Selection gathers the country together to watch the daughters of Iléa co... More

Agent Chase
New Mission
Adventure Awaits
Unknown Place
Sunny Picnic
The Map
The Opening Ball ~ Part 1
The Opening Ball ~ Part 2
The Silhouetted Man
Elimination
The Hunt
Troublesome Prince
The Wall
Blue Cookies
Liar Liar
Mind Games
Mark My Words
The Elite
Obey
I Am Worthy
Float Before You Drown
Disobey
Northern Rebel Headquarters: Part 1
Northern Rebel Headquarters: Part 2
The Lion's Den
The Village
Kick into Gear
Watch Your Step
Agent in Shining Armour
Mask
Uncertainty
Zorix
Ast
Last Dance
Not Alone
Sky Full of Possibilities
Choices & Risks
Maleficent Battle
Trial
Epilogue: The Girl Who Could

Disarmed

4.8K 135 248
By Fangirlwriter256

The morning came way too fast for my liking. I barely had three hours of sleep last night. Thankfully, with the museum visit and all, breakfast is sent to our rooms today.

"I'm placing your breakfast on the table here miss," A maid says, coming in.

I nod, too tired to say anything. My mind is still buzzing with questions. And I can't even think about what Percy was saying about me last night, it'll only make my head spin worse. All I know is that I need to visit that wall in daylight. And with Jason, explaining everything. I'll send word to Leo to keep an eye on Adam from his side of the palace, along with the twins. They've already been reporting back to me about potential entrances the rebels might have used. Thalia has been quiet for a few days, no letters from her. But I know that is due to her non-stop researching. She'll be sending me another package of paper soon enough. Then there's Katie, who's been sorting through the papers too, offering me knowledge of what she's been hearing in the servant's corridors.

"Do you know what's happening today?" I croak to Andy who enters. All I know is there will be an elimination.

Andy stops to think, "There is...yes! There is tea today with the Queen."

I look at her, "That's it?"

She nods, "But don't fret, tomorrow is classes with Anne!" Of course, we'll be starting our princess classes, the closer we get to the Elite.

"Thanks, Andy," I mutter, pulling myself out of bed, too lost in thought.

"Hey? Dazed much. Snap out of it," Katie says to me. "How much sleep did you get last night?" I look at her, grinning. She places her hands on her hips, "Tell me. I know you were exploring."

"Three hours," I murmur, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh, dear Lord," Katie groans. "You've got tea with the Queen today Annabeth! The Queen!"

I lazily say, "It'll be fine. There are more than enough girls to keep her busy. I won't be noticed."

"Okay, okay, we'll tell Piper. And uh," Katie paces. Clove walks in, laundry in her arms. Katie snaps her fingers, "Clove! Could you get her dressed and all? Make sure she looks decent. Andy, you can handle the rest of the laundry. I'm going to speak with a couple of people." I watch her hurry out of the room. My eyes droop. I don't think I've been this exhausted after a night mission. Although, I never have to wake up for tea with the Queen. I get to sleep all day at the base. Rest is very important. Not too much rest, but certainly not too little.

"Wake up, come on," Clove pulls me up. I hadn't realized I was falling asleep again. Oh gosh, this is going to be an interesting day.

In a blur of movement, I am seated in my chair. I feel them braid my hair, tugging every now and then. Andy attends to cleaning and laundry around me, humming. The sound lulls me to sleep.

~*~

*~*

"Good morning everyone!" I hear Piper say loudly, as usual. That shakes me awake enough to open my eyes. A black poker looking thing stabs me in the eye and I flinch, my eyes watering immediately.

"For goodness sake!" Clove splutters. She holds mascara in her hand. Scurrying into the bathroom, I watch her put some liquid on a cloth and dab at my eye. I try to keep still.

"Someone's tired," Piper comments as I stand from my chair.

"I don't want to hear it," I snap groggily, my limbs moving numbly.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you are drunk," She giggles.

I bring a hand to my head, "Can I just say I'm sick?"

"No," Katie re-enters the room. "I've spoken to Her Majesty. You are to attend the tea. After that, there is an elimination. But the other girls do not know, so please keep shut about it. Then – and only then – can you leave. And sleep for the rest of the day."

"I'm a spy, I can keep secrets," I retort. Then I process what else she says. Free day. Oh no. "Piper when is Tayla expecting us at her room?"

"Six o'clock tonight." Phew.

"When does this so-called elimination happen?" I slip into a light grey day dress.

"Well, tea is in about ten minutes. That'll probably be an hour. So, two o'clock is when you're set free," Katie deems.

"Alright, that gives me about four hours of sleep. And a couple of minutes to put on pants and a shirt for the get-together tonight."

"Whatever you say, Annie," Katie sighs, walking away.

Clove glances at the ticking clock, "Holy mother goose, you need to have been leaving a couple of minutes ago!"

Piper and the girls break into a frantic rush around me. I fight to keep my senses awake, having trouble when leaning on Andy to put on the dress, to not fall asleep on her. Piper watches me as I run out the door, my steps a little staggered. "You know, I think it's the entire last week that has finally caught up to you. It's hitting you, hard girl."

"Just get me through tea Pipes," I mutter, grabbing her hand to hurry her more.

~*~

*~*

We hear the room before we can see it. The excited chatter of the girls makes my stomach flip over. I don't think I can do this. I steel myself, fighting a big yawn. How am I supposed to protect and figure everything out if I can't even think straight? Alright, just one day I can forget about this mission. One day to be normal in this competition.

Piper leads me to a table and I sadly find myself sitting next to Drew. She smirks, side-eyeing me but I'm too tired to get fired up. Drew decides to speak, unfortunately, "Looks like Annabeth had a bit too much to drink last night." Again, I try to ignore her. I see her inspecting her nails, "Too bad cause today Prince Percy will be joining us for tea." My eyes snap open.

"What?" Evie gasps from across our long table holding all the girls.

I look to Drew smiling smugly, "He's sitting next to you actually, across from me. Queen Sally is placing him in the middle. Why else do you think I sat next to you low lifes?"

"Watch yourself," I mutter into my tea, tipping the cup back. A huff of annoyance, and then a movement. I catch her wrist in mid-air, inches from knocking my hot tea all over me. My eyes meet hers, and despite my throbbing head, and droopy eyes, I don't back down. My fingers tighten around her wrist, "I said, watch yourself."

Letting her arm go, I finish sipping my tea before setting it down and leaning back in my chair. My eyes scan the room, noting every exit. You know, just in case I need to throw Drew out of the castle...okay, fine, I was kidding. But that doesn't mean I can't entertain the idea.

I snap out of my sleepy daze when the chatter of the girls breaks into shouts. Sitting up in alarm, I make a move to grab my concealed dagger when a hand stops me. I look to see Piper, smirking at me. "You know the girls get hyper when Prince Percy walks in." I look to where the girl's raised voices are at, calling toward Prince Percy who is striding into the room. Piper continues, "You're on edge when you're sleepy."

"I get it, I'm just tense after last night," I sit back with a sigh.

Piper's face changes, "What happened? Did you get a lead?"

Rubbing my face, I lower my voice more than it already is, "Aside from having to kick Percy out of my room, I trailed his friend. And found his behavior very suspicious."

"Adam Barber?" Piper asks, not believing it.

"I'm telling you, there is something off about that guy," I exclaim.

Piper chews on this, "I don't know Annabeth, I mean the Prince's most trusted friend aside from Grover Underwood? Who is also very trustworthy? Seems like you need more sleep than you thought." Right, Grover Underwood. The childhood best friend, even closer to Percy than Adam. He's away on a mission's trip for the environment of the kingdom with his partner, Juniper. Regardless of it all, there's something. Has to be...right? Maybe I do need more sleep than I thought. I sigh. My eyes droop again.

"Someone's tired," A voice out of nowhere says.

I look up to see Percy sitting one seat over from across me. "Just a little," I wince, remembering our conversation last night.

As if reading my thoughts his face darkens, "Well, hope you have some rest after everything Lady Annabeth."

I wince again, not bothering to school my features. Before I can say anything, Queen Sally walks in. "Good afternoon ladies," She greets warmly. She takes a seat at the head of the table. "I hope you all are excited about this free day." Quiet squeals surround the table. Anne shushes.

The servers begin to pass out the lunch courses, re-filling girls tea. A plate is before me and I curl my mouth in slight disgust. I was never much of a turkey girl. Percy sees my look and picks up his plate, and egg sandwich, "Here, have mine, I don't mind turkey."

I give him a look of gratitude before taking his plate. The girls begin talking to each other, to the Queen or Percy if they're close enough. I munch on the egg sandwich while Drew gushes to Percy about a new dress she's having made for their next romantic date. Throughout it all, I catch Percy's eye a few times.

"Oh, how romantic would it be if we had our second date at the opera? Just you and I Percieee," Drew bats her eyelashes.

Out of nowhere, a piercing headache cuts through me and I bite down a yelp. Then another attack. And another. I curl into myself. Water, maybe I'm dehydrated. Although I've never had this kind of headache before...OAHH. My stomach! I grab a pitcher and pour myself water. Then I down the glass. Another pierce behind my eyes. Then a painful tingle through my whole body. I feel my muscles begin to seize.

A hand rests on my shoulder, and Piper says gently, "Are you okay Annabeth?"

I stand shakily, stumbling around my chair. My foot catches on the leg and I fall. My calf muscles seize, and I groan, pushing upward. Piper comes to my aid, asking me and asking me what's happening. I don't answer, the world tilting around me. She takes my weight and drags me across the room. Other voices shout at us in question, but Piper just replies something over her shoulder. Once we're through the doors, she props me on the wall in the hallway. I fight the urge to blackout, the pain in my body and head almost crushing. Whoa. 

Piper calls for help, whimpering frantically at me, "Annabeth you need to tell me what's wrong."

"I can help." I hear a voice say from behind Piper. She turns her head and I look over the shoulder. Adam Barber stands there, a bottle in his hand. "The palace kitchen sometimes can unease your stomach," He chuckles. "Drink this, it'll help. I promise."

My head shouts over the pounding at me to not drink it. Alarm bells ring. Piper thanks him, taking the bottle. By this point, my entire body is paralyzed and coursing with pain. She raises the bottle to my lips.

I gasp out, "No!" But she tips the liquid down my throat anyway. I try to spit it out but as the liquid settles in me, the throbbing in my head eases a bit. I try to wiggle my fingers but can't. Almost as if it's another body, like I'm disconnected. I'm disarmed. And if Adam Barber does anything to Percy, I can't stop it.

People begin crowding around Piper, Adam and me. I stutter out to Piper, "Percy. Protect. I'm. Disarmed." The last thing I see is Piper's eyes widen. Then darkness slams into me. 

Welllllllll then. Something's going down...

Have an amazing night/day wherever you are! - The Fangirl

Disclaimer: I do not PJO or HoO. I do not own these characters. I do not own The Selection Series.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.7K 49
𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 sophie foster , a spy for the undercover agency known as the black swan , encounters an infu...
3.5M 121K 32
Hermione Granger wants to get married and start a family of her own. But her future plans of wearing a wedding dress are shattered when Ron brea...
43.3K 1K 51
John Wick:Thalia Wick is John Wick's daughter.the sudden death of her mother leaves John and Thalia in deep mourning. When sadistic mobster Iosef Tar...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...