My Villain

By fluffysugarsock

What if the villain in the story you wrote is YOUR hero? Shen Yue, author of best selling novel "Two Wrongs M... More

Disclaimer
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty

Chapter Twenty

1.5K 124 21
By fluffysugarsock

Disconcerting.

DiDi had no other word for the night but that.

He took out a bottle of beer from his fridge, walked towards the living room, and turned on the TV.

It isn't that he wants to watch anything. He just doesn't want silence to fill his whole unit.

His head is about to explode with too much noise and he doesn't want to listen to any of his thoughts.

The first thing he saw was "You've got Mail".

This is one of his Mother's favorite movies and not something he should be watching, given his state of mind.

He flicked to a few more channels before finally settling on a discovery channel show on how things are made.

His phone rang and flashed Li Xi Zi's name.

"Bro" he answered.

"Are you back from the gala?"

"Yep. Why?"

"Let's drink."

"It's a Wednesday" he answered and then looked at the bottle of beer in his hand. He was a hypocrite.

"I know so... come on!"

"Where are you?"

"At my house."

Xi Zi lived in Guomao too. He was near enough. "Just come by the house then. I have beer."

"You don't want to go to a club and hunt for girls?"

DiDi laughed. "I'm in my boxers. I am already way too comfortable."

"Ok Ok. Be there in 20 – 30 minutes."

They both had work the next day but they didn't care.

They were on their third bottle, intensely focused on watching theories about how the world will end when DiDi finally asked his guest.

"Why did you want to drink?"

"Just so I can forget things."

"What things?"

"Things like who I am."

His brows furrowed. "What?!?"

A sigh. "I'm just thing that maybe if I am not Li Xi Zi, it wouldn't be difficult for me to get the girl I want."

"OK! Back up a little. That seems wrong. Isn't it that because YOU ARE Li Xi Zi, it is easier to get women?"

"Not this woman I like."

DiDi was reminded of the jokes Wu Xi Ze made the last time they were together. "Your Assistant?"

His best friend shook his head. "Hell no. Xi Ze is just a dick. He was the first one I talked to about this but we never really got to finish that conversation. I told him about a girl from work and he just automatically assumed I was talking about my new assistant."

"Oh! So, who is it?"

"Our CFO, Han Xiao Wen."

DiDi knows the woman. They worked together a couple of times when she was still part of a company that Wang Corporation had a merger with.

She transferred to Xi Zi's company two years ago.

"Good."

"That's all you are going to say? Good??? You know her right?"

"Yes. AND it's a GOOD thing you like her. Intelligent. Headstrong. And kind."

"Exactly the reasons why I would never ask her out on a date."

This was one of the weirdest conversations they have ever had, DiDi decided.

He knows his friend and the way Xi Zi spoke now is the first time that he had spoken in such a defeated tone.

"What the hell are you talking about???"

"She was asked in the office whether she would ever date me."

"Ok..."

"She said that because I'm Li Xi Zi, she would NEVER date me."

"She said this right in front of you?"

Xi Zi made a "tsk" sound. "Of course not. I overheard it when I was about to get coffee from the executive pantry. She was talking to our Marketing Head and they were both laughing quite loudly. I decided I was just going to go to the coffee shop at the lobby so I didn't disturb them from the fun talk they were having but then I heard the question and that was how she responded."

"You didn't even know the context."

"Well... what kind of context would is there that would make it acceptable for me to hear her say she would never date me?"

"I am just thinking that you don't know the whole story. Don't be an idiot Xi Zi. Xiao Wen might just not be the type who is comfortable in sharing details about liking someone with another person so she just said no."

"DiDi, it wasn't just "no". She said NEVER. That is like... I don't know... full of conviction."

"Wait a minute. Does she even know you like her?"

"No."

The temptation to hit his best friend with a beer bottle was strong. "WHY ARE YOU ACTING UP WHEN SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU LIKE HER! You should not be sulking because she said no to the idea of dating the "you" she doesn't know yet. Go and let her know you like her first!"

"How do I even tell her I like her if I know I won't have a chance at all?!?"

"Are we back in highschool? Idiot! You tell a woman you like her and then you court her EXACTLY because she doesn't like you. You are letting her get to know who you are."

"Bro, I've liked this girl since last year. And the more I know her, the more I like her. If I try and then fail, I won't be able to move on."

DiDi's initial reaction was to berate Xi Zi for his complete lack of confidence but he realized that this was a pretty big deal for his best friend, especially as he is the next biggest player after Wu Xi Ze.

At least, he, Kido, Xiao Tian, and Yi Fan had serious relationships before.

But not those two.

He took some time before answering because Xi Zi has always jumped from one girl to another and his admission now is made all the more significant by the fact that he hasn't been doing that in the past year.

On days like this, DiDi hates himself because he gets too focused on himself, he misses out on supporting his friends.

"Then she has to know YOU, Xi Zi. She has to see beyond your reputation and her prejudices about you... BUT you won't be able to show her that if you don't ask her out."

"I think you should punch me. Maybe that will help. This woman is driving me crazy. I lose all of my confidence just thinking about asking her out."

"Well, next time don't think at all. Just ask her. Remember five seconds of insane confidence?"

Xi Zi looked at him and slowly nodded.

The other man seemed to have come to a decision and then said out loud. "You are right. Of course, you are right. Five seconds of insane confidence. Just like when we jumped out of an airplane."

"That's the spirit!"

His best friend finally smiled. "I am not going to think about this anymore. I'm going to tell her. I'm just going to do it."

He clamped Xi Zi on the back and reiterated. "Five seconds of insane confidence!"

The other man laughed. "Whatever happens anyway, we're still drinking, right?"

"You can bet on it!"

They both opened another bottle and toasted Xi Zi's breakthrough.

"Now that we're done with that, how are you and the beautiful writer?"

DiDi did not see that question coming.

"There is nothing going on. Nothing at all."

"You act as if this isn't me you're talking to" It was the other man lifting a brow at him in turn.

"There really is nothing."

"I know you took the girl as your date to the gala, bro. Lucia is also my Mother's stylist. I received a message from her asking who you were with."

"News spreads fast"

"What's surprising about that? I'm sure the both of you will be on the Society page tomorrow. I was just faster than the newspaper."

He figured that it was no use lying to Xi Zi.

He also figured that he hadn't fully prepared for his plan to be a constant source of annoyance for Shen Yue because he had underestimated her ability to turn the tables on him.

"I took her as my date because I am actually trying to stop her from writing Zi Wei's story."

"WHAT?!?!"

"I said –"

"No! No! I heard what you said. My reaction is supposed to be – how is going out with her going to make her stop writing Zi Wei's story? Are you planning to make her fall in love with you for that purpose? Shitness Wang He Di! You're cold!"

"I was supposed to explain myself but you went ahead of me and immediately made accusations. Don't you think I deserve the chance to be heard in the same way that I listened to you."

His best friend crossed his arms. "Ok. I'm all ears!"

DiDi knows that what he would say next is not going to be an improvement from what Xi Zi accused him of but he decided that with what's happening now, it could be a good idea to tell someone else the truth.

"Well... I learned she's in love with her best friend's fiancé. I told her I would tell everyone unless she stops writing the book. And until then I am going to stick so close to her, she won't have any peace of mind."

Xi Zi shook his head at him. "NO!!!!! Bro, that's heartless."

He thought he wouldn't mind being called heartless but hearing it from someone important to him is not easy.

"I don't want the public to feel like they have any right to judge me or Zi Wei or my family. We don't need another book written about us."

"I already told you my opinion on this. It could actually be a good thing."

"I don't see it that way" DiDi was firm.

"If this blows up on your face, I wouldn't be surprised."

"It won't."

"Wait! Where does dating her come into your plans?"

"I just want to annoy her. She hates my guts."

"Sometimes, I don't know if you have the biggest brain or if you are the biggest idiot."

He cocked an eyebrow. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You are acting petty, Di. Just let this go."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I can't live through what I lived through when Zuer left. I'm barely back on the ground now and you know that."

"You are so messed up Wang. If this blows up, I'll laugh directly to your face."

"It won't Li. Stop being such a pest."

"Well just in case it does, call me. I really will laugh at you BUT, we'll drink afterwards."

***

Author's Note:

I have always been vocal that I have no great expectations about how this story will be received as I have said it is a rework but you friends have surprised me.

Thank you for loving this story even up to the point that some of you have messaged me that you read the original out of excitement (even if it is mostly in Filipino).

Sorry that I forgot to immediately post this. They've been sitting on my drafts for days and I've been ill, they totally slipped my mind.

I hope you all stay healthy.

- Mai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love Me By Sarang

Fanfiction

13.4K 631 23
This story is about a sweet righteous girl and her love for Lee min ho. First started as a fangirl and then fallen in love with him. Their first meet...
17.3K 641 25
Han Hyerin was her name when she turned back in time to the Joseon Dynasty. Her intelligence and elegance had destined her to live her life as the ro...
7.2K 87 27
Join Nashi Dragneel, Storm Fullbuster, Rosemary Fernandez , Igneel Dragneel, Nova Dreyar, Sylvia Fullbuster, Gale Redfox, Emma Redfox, Reiki Fernande...
21.8K 1.2K 34
"Ugh! Stupid dare." Jisoo huffed angrily while stomping her feet on the cold pavement. "How am I supposed to sneak inside the school in the middle of...