Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

twenty one

3.9K 144 134
By Staceeeeers

Thankfully Freddie didn't force Roger to sell the van right away - he'd protested saying that the van was still needed to transport them and their instruments to gigs and so after getting a quote for the vehicle, Freddie agreed to keep hold of it until they found a studio that was in their price range and until they got the rest of the money to book said studio.

And in the doing of all of this, Roxy had somehow taken on the role of being booking manager of Queen; taking phonecalls from pubs and universities that wanted them to play and she kept a note of dates and times.

"Lion and the Unicorn want you to play again," she tells John as she wipes down the table he's sat at, waiting for Roger who was meeting him at the diner.

"Really?" he muses, "Funny that it took them so long to let us play there in the first place."

"Now they can't get enough of you," she teases, "What time do you think you'll be done tonight?"

"I'm not sure. Depends if Roger can tear himself away from Alyssa for a couple a couple of hours and actually come and get me."

Ah yes. Roger and Alyssa. When Roger -finally- managed to explain himself (by that, he means he got Mary to explain the situation to her), the raven-haired woman decided to give the drummer a second chance and since then, Roxy had hardly seen him.

And she still hadn't gotten an apology from the woman for calling her a slag.

"I don't think we'll be very long," John continues, "Why?"

Roxy shrugs, "University challenge is on."

"You hate that programme."

"Yeah, but you like it," she says, making him smile, "Besides, I always feel like a genius when I actually get a question right,"

"Alright then," he murmurs as Roger finally arrives, "Then it's a date."

"Roger," Roxanne greets as he comes in from the rain, holding his jacket over his head to protect his precious hair.

"Nice of you to remember to pick me up," John stands up to pull on his own jacket.

"Someone had a good night," she notes, tugging at the collar of his shirt and he smirks.

"And a good morning."

John rolls his eyes, "Alright, shall we go? Before Freddie murders us for being late."

"After you," Roger sweeps an arm towards the door, "Oh, Nessie, Freddie told me to remind you that-"

"You're all coming round to mine tomorrow morning, I know." she pats him on the shoulder, "He told me that four times."

"I'm just doing as I was told," he shrugs, "Right, come on, Deaky."

John nods and grabs the case that contains his bass and leans down to kiss her cheek but she puts a finger to his lips.

"Hang on," she whispers, looking around to make sure that there are no other customers or that her manager isn't lurking around. "Alright," she grins, standing on her tiptoes so she can kiss him, "I'll see you tonight."

"I'll bring food," he promises before Roger is dragging him out the door.

++|++

The rain is still pouring when she clocks out at six and by the time she's nearing home, she's drenched and cannot wait to get changed into some dry clothes.

"Rox!"

She turns at the sound of John's voice, seeing him heading towards her with an umbrella and a bag of food.

"Hey," she greets, pushing some sopping hair from her forehead.

"You'll get sick, love," he tuts and although there really isn't any point, he shields her with the umbrella.

"Come on," she pulls him towards her building, "Let's get out of this."

Inside the flat, Roxanne moves towards the open window that leads to the fire escape, disturbing Casper who is laying by it as she slams it closed but he forgives her when she gives his chin a scratch.

John puts some newspaper by the door so he can put the brolly and his wet shoes on it, "You should have a shower, Roxanne."

"I will," she nods, "You know the drill; make yourself at home but if you're going to smoke-"

"Do it on the fire escape," he finishes, "I know, love. Now please, go get warmed up before you catch a cold."

Once he's heard the door to the bathroom shut, he sets about getting dinner ready for when she's done. He brought Chinese with him and after tipping it all out onto plates, he helps himself to the bottles of beer that she has in her fridge and puts her t.v on before sitting on the couch, deciding that he'll wait for her before he eats.

Twenty minutes later, he hears the door opening again and he looks over her his shoulder to inform her that she's got maybe two minutes before University Challenge starts but she's already made it into her bedroom where, through the small gap in the door, he manages to see her digging through her chest of drawers to find comfortable clothes.

Of course, he looks away before she actually starts to get changed, trying desperately to not think about the fact that there is a beautiful woman mere feet from him in nothing but a towel.

He's so concentrated on getting his mind out of the gutter that he doesn't realise that Roxanne is changed until she jumps over the back of the couch and lands beside him and he certainly hadn't realised that he'd missed the opening of their programme.

"Made it," she grins, looking at him as the two universities are introduced, "You alright?"

He quickly nods, giving her a tight-lipped smile as Casper walks across him to settle in her lap, "Great. Do you want the food now? 'm starving."

"What about the questions? The first round is about to start."

"It's alright," he waves a hand, "I'll still be able to hear it."

She nods, turning her attention back to the telly and he makes his escape into her kitchen. 

Jesus Christ.

++|++

He manages to calm down enough to enjoy the evening with his...is Roxanne his girlfriend? God, he doesn't even know. 

At around eleven, she sits up from where she's curled up beside him and stretches, letting out a loud yawn as she does so.

"You're tired," he observes and she gives him a soft smile while nodding, "I'll get going then."

"You don't have to," she replies without thinking, making him look at her. 

"What?" 

"I mean," she flushes red and shrugs, "You could stay here. If you wanted to."

"I...what?"

This was the first time she'd ever asked him if he'd wanted to stay. Normally, he'd go off back to his own place and he's blushing as red as her and the two of them are both thinking why are you so fucking awkward?  

"You could stay here," she repeats, giving him a small smile, "I mean, would staying over with me be so bad? I've been told that I snore but that was by Roger and I think or at least I hope he was joking."

Giving her a soft smile, John nods and she stops her rambling, "I'd love to stay."

"Well then Mr Deacon, shall we?"

Casper follows them as they move through from the living room to her bedroom and she digs through her drawers once more, letting out a hum as she pulls some male pyjama bottoms out and a navy shirt. 

"Should I be worried that you have these?" John asks when she hands them to him and she laughs. 

"I buy them to sleep in because they're much comfier."

He nods in understanding while she moves toward the door again, "I'll brush my teeth, let you get changed. I'm sure Freddie left a couple of spare toothbrushes. I'll leave one on the sink for you."

"Thank you."

While John is in the bathroom, Roxanne gets changed and climbs into her bed, running a hand through Casper's fur as he jumps up beside her. 

"I hope you don't mind him sharing the bed with us," she says as John returns, closing the door with a soft click, "God, that sounds weird."

"I don't mind," he nods, standing awkwardly by the door, "As long as he doesn't attack me while I'm sleeping." 

"He won't do that," Roxy laughs, "Will you Casp?" 

The cat headbutts her gently before padding down towards the bottom of the bed and John assumes that's where he always sleeps and he moves to stand on the other side of her bed. 

"Are you just going to stand there?" she giggles, pulling back the blankets for him to climb in beside her, which he does and once he's comfortable, she covers him back up again and turns off her bedside light before she lays down herself. 

For a little bit, they both lie on their backs and stare at the ceiling but they were close. So close, that John could feel her arm brushing against his. 

Should I put my arm around her? What if she doesn't like being cuddled? Fucking hell, why-

He brain stops working for a moment when he feels her sling an arm over his stomach. She'd moved closer to him when he was too wrapped up in his own thoughts and he looks down as she hides her yawn in his shirt.

"Goodnight, John." 

"Night," he whispers, resting a hand lightly on her back.

He thinks he could get used to this. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291 9 9
"Please come with me and Charlie to the Uni pub tonight, it will be really fun! The band will be there" "Fine" Who would have thought that one drum...
621 76 31
My best friend and I are huge fans of Gwilym Lee and Ben Hardy and when we went to London, something crazy happend...... A Borhap fanfic (includes fl...
178K 4.9K 94
When social services show up on Freddie Mercury's doorstep with some pretty big news. Follow him and his daughter Amelia on a journey filled with the...
358K 8.8K 105
Roger Taylor ~ <3 #1 in #BohemianRhapsody 10/1/19 Xx #1 in #RogerTaylor 12/1/19 Xx #1 in #Queen 20/1/19 Xx Several updates every day, so please read...