𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐞.

By prettyaurass

Their strongest weakness, was falling in love... More

Characters
She saved me, I destroyed her.
Intro
Infatuation
A sunrise couldn't compare
Pick up the phone
Take a risk
Watermelon lips
Little More
Escape
Do not disturb
Voices
What's Power without weakness?
A drug named Mahika
Pained aggressions
Stay
Passionate lies
Devil in disguise
Cold blood
Something Real
When it rains, it pours
No escape
Kryptonite
Queen to his King
Set up
Emotionally unstable
On my way
Heavy heart
Tears of a broken heart
What's mine, is mine
Spine of stars
Love Issues
You are the cause
Need me
Selfish
Fire and Desire
Ripple effect
Forever and always
We found love
Say you love me
Trust me
Therapeutic
And it all falls down
Temporary love
Euphoria

One last time

2.5K 109 72
By prettyaurass

• How y'all pronounce Achilles? I pronounce it like A-Kill-Lease.

C H A P T E R 4

•••

"Because your voice has my heart on go..."

Mahika sighed as she rubbed her aching foot before slipping the stilhoutte heel back on. Standing up, she stares in the body mirror at the skimpy outfit she had on. A laced bra and thong with red hems, showing off her small curves and new belly ring Pedro demanded she got to attract more customers.

"Agh! There's like no one out there!" Peach scoffed strutting back stage after performing. Her body glistined with sweat as she removed the few dollars from her bra.

Francesca hummed beside Mahika as she reapplied red matte lipstick on her lips." How this look girl?" She asks, puckering her lips. Fran was about to perform next and her to-go colour for today was red. She had on red fiery eyeshadow, matching lipstick and her outfit was red tape in a "X" shape over her niples with a red thong.

"It looks good." Mahika responds. Taking a seat at her vanity, she picks up her make-up brush but her eyes gyrate to the side where the other girls whispered and giggled while pointing discreetly at Mika.

She instantly felt small. This has been going on since Mika arrived for work at 10AM and it was already heading for 4PM. The other girls have been gossiping non-stop and she couldn't help but always hear her name slip from their mouths.

It pissed her off but, she knew they were trying to get to her. Mika received many scowls and snarls from the girls who were mumbling something about her thinking she was better than them because she was friends with Power.

It clicked with Mika that the word must of went around about her spending time with Power. Mahika remembered seeing a few of the girls she worked with, at the party which was three days ago. They may have saw her Ieaving with Power which may have caused the new hatred.

No lie that Power was thee sexiest nigga walking the Earth. With good looks, money and power, any girl would kill to be with him, have sex with him, become his hoe or even get the slightest attention from Power.

But no, little Mika received the attention, and something different...affection, and now older girls who knew of her age were becoming jealous. Which could be dangerous on Mahika's side.

She stayed on his mind and has been on his mind ever since the party. Yes, texting back and forth and occasional calls was great, but he felt like he had to see her face, touch her skin and see the glimmer in her green eyes.

No lie the infatuation for Mahika was growing rapidly, the need to see her was ridiculous. Yet it's only been a measly three days.

"Nigga whatchu' over there thinking about? The packages are here." Jermaine said breaking Achilles from his deep thoughts.

"Nothing." He mumbled, realising he should stop thinking about Mahika and focus on his happiness. Money.

Walking up to the large table, all his crew members watch instensely, wanting to know what was in the crate that arrived.

Grabbing an iron bar, Mason cracks open the crate, revealing blue clear bags.

Achilles grabs one, placing it flat on the table he takes his blade and slices the bag open. Colourful pills fall out. Ecstasy. And Achilles had bags of it, ready to sell it to the scums of Detroit.

He turns to his crew, licks his lips and starts tugging on his goatee." See this shit? Ecstasy...Y'all gon' be selling it. Imma have bitches packaging it since some of y'all are worthless. Shit is simple, sell it on my turf, don't be going into no forbidden land . Don't smoke this shit, don't steal my money you make otherwise that's a bullet to your skull. Got it?"

He gets no answer from his crew who look down at their shoes. Achilles peeped the expression on their faces...

Hesitance.

And fear. He hated that and weak people.

"Got it?! Y'all regretting this? Huh? Do I gotta make y'all remember whatchu' niggas signed yourself into!? Este-ce que je dois tirer sur chacun de vos fils enculès?! "

His crew members all shook with fear. Even though they didn't understand French, they knew Power only spoke in that language when pissed off.

Power learnt French when he almost got scammed trying to make business with some dealers from France. They were speaking in French and back then Power didn't know the language to understand they were gonna make him a fool and were planning to steal all his money.When they did rob him of nearly half a million he shot down their empire and killed the leaders daughter, claiming revenge and his money back plus connections in Paris.

"We ain't scared." One guy named Kris spoke up.

Suddenly all the crew members joined in, in agreement.

Achilles smirked." Aight then, thought I had to kill you motherfuckers." He laughed coldly.

After the meeting he had them each take a package of Ecstasy to go sell. In his office that was decorated black and red, Achilles lit a blunt, taking a pull he blew the smoke out his nose before picking up his phone.

Going through his contacts, he stopped at her name that had a purple heart emoji next to it. Pressing on her number, he held his phone to his ear.

Achilles' leg bounced up and down as he chewed on his bottom lip, hoping she picked up. He had to hear her voice again.

The dial picked up and so did his mood when he heard her voice.

"Hello..."

"Babygirl." He said smoothly, igniting a fire inside of Mika.

She smiled widely, so glad that he phoned. Standing up, she went behind a rack of clothes so the other nosey bitches wouldn't pick up on her conversation.

"Hey Power. I'm glad you called."

"You are? Well damn I had to...I miss you."

She blushed at him saying those words. At least the feelings was mutual." I miss you too."

"What you doing now?"

Sighing she looked around." Working. I just got done performing, that was supposed to be my last performance for tonight but Pedro had me up on stage again."

Achilles frowned, it was getting late. Knowing about Mika's age, he hated it with every being in his soul that she was out here stripping when he could have her living lavishly.

"Mika...Must I kill that nigga, I swear baby, I'll have him dead if he's treating you like shit."

Mika giggled, not knowing that Achilles was dead serious." Calm down Power. Pedro is a good man...sometimes. He has his days, but he got me this job when I was basically broke."

"I could have you living like a queen. Quit. "

"I couldn't." Mahika was so used to gaining everything herself, that the thought of being independent was a no,no." It's okay...I'm okay."

He licked his lips and sighed. There was a knock on the door and Mason stuck his head in his office.

"I gotta go Mika, I'll call back later. I have to hear your voice again."

Mahika blushed." Okay bye Power."

"Bye."he spoke. Hanging up, he waved Mason into his office." What?"

"Who you was on the phone with Chilles? You was smiling haaaard as shit!" Mason teased.

Achilles chuckled. Was he really smiling that hard?

"Man shut the fuck up. Whatchu' bothering me for?" He spat, his mood changing in under a second.

Mason sucked his teeth." You got a phone call. Some nigga named Remario, talking about y'all was making a deal on a club up in Puerto Rico."

Achilles nods, remembering the conversation he had with Remario. He wanted to sell his club to Achilles who wanted it.

"Aight. Get Oswaldo on the phone. Tell him to have my private jet ready. We're going to Puerto Rico."

Mahika and Francesca entered the house, it was just striking midnight and Pedro finally allowed them to go home. Mahika placed her bag on the floor and took off her sandals as she heard Fran argue over the phone with Alex.

"...That's why you a no good baby daddy nigga! Stop making it seem like I don't support my daughter!"

Mika rolled her eyes. It was always something with Francesca and Alex. Even though Mika didn't have a problem with Alex, he whined too much like a bitch. Always throwing it in Fran's face how he won custody over Kiana and that he bought her this and that. It pissed Mahika off, especially when she found herself stuck in the middle sometimes.

Jogging upstairs she puts her phone on charge and grabs her towel before going to have a shower. After freshing up she dresses in pajama shorts and a pajama t-shirt. Tying her curls in a tight ponytail, she goes to check her messages.

No calls or texts from Power. Maybe he was busy, she thought. It was pretty late, 1AM to be exact. Switching her phone off, Mahika climbs under the covers as she gets comfortable to go to bed. When suddenly a faint knock is heard on her bedroom door.

She groans and punches the mattress with her fist as she flings the blanket off her body. Opening her bedroom door, Mika's eyebrows furrow when seeing Amir.

"What are you doing here? This aint the bathroom." She says, rubbing her eyes.

He chuckles and licks his lips." I just got here now with Amina. And I don't need the bathroom, I wanna talk to ya'."

"In the morning. I'm tired." Mahika says, about to close the door but he stops it with his hand. She kisses her teeth and rolls her eyes.

"It is the morning." Amir smirks, brushing past her as he goes to sit on her bed. Mika looks at him in disbelief, why was he getting so comfortable.

Amir eyed her legs that were on display, he bit his bottom lip and smiled up at an unhappy looking Mika.

"I'm forreal Amir....Get out." She says, opening the door wider.

"Can we talk though?"

"About?"

He doesn't answer her but insteads pats the empty space beside him. Sighing, Mika goes to sit beside him. Amir doesn't speak at first making her look around in discomfort. What did he need to talk about?

"We friends right Mahika?"

She looks at him wierdly. Her eyes then widening when seeing him taking out a blunt from his pocket.

"You're not smoking that in my room Amir." She stresses, reaching out to grab it but he snatches his hand out.

"Chill bae, it's just weed. Smoke a lil' with me." He says, lighting the blunt and taking a pull before playing the smoke in her face.

Mika scrunches her face up and waves her hand around. She still didn't know the reason why he was in her room, but right now she would rather be asleep.

Loud laughter echoed through the mansion as the trio of friends chilled in Achilles living room, passing blunts and bottles. With a lot of negotiating, Achilles was able to by Remario's club. With his smarts and wits he was gonna make him self richer off the club in Puerto Rico.

It was an early 2AM, this didn't stop them from having a lil' celebration.

"To money and fucking bitches!" Jermaine yelled, holding the liquor bottle high before chugging from it

"To money and fucking bitches!" Mason and Achilles joined in. Mason chugged his shot down and Achilles smoked from his third blunt.

"You shouldn't be fucking bitches Chilles, yo' ass cuffed." Jermaine chuckled.

Achilles looked at his friends in amusement. Him, tied down? Cuffed? Not highly. Achilles didn't do relationships, commitment and the sharing of emotions and feelings weren't his thing. That's why he had his variety of hoes such as Chyna, to keep his sexual desires alive. Money,sex and power. The only things that ever brought out emotions from someone as cold hearted as him.

"Who nigga?" He laughed, sipping his glass of brown liquor.

"You know whooooo."

"Oh! You talking about shawty from the strip club. Nigga ain't she 17?"

Jermaine choked on his drink from what Mason said." Seventeen? Nigga what?!"

Achilles looked to Mason, a glare on his face." How you know?" Last time he checked, he didn't speak about Mahika around his childish friend and cousin.

Mason shrugs, pouring himself another drink." Francesca told me, she talk a lot when she drunk."

"You fucking with a baby? Ew." Jemaine's extra ass says.

Achilles waved his hand at them." Chill, she turning eighteen soon, she'll be legal by then. Right now, we chilling."

"You chilling? Yeah right." Mason scoffed. With him and Achilles being close cousins since diaper days, he's grown up to know Achilles was always a hoe since nine years old when he took a thirteen year old's virginity.

By 4AM, Mason was passed out on the floor and Jermaine on the couch with a bottle of Ciroc in his hand. Achilles, gulped down his second glass of water before rubbing his abs. Trailing upstairs to his room, he stripped from his clothes only staying in his socks and boxers.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he went into his messanger and developed a text to his mother.

I'm fetching Lianique today.Have her ready
by 9AM.

Lianique was his four year old niece. He's been taking care of her since she was a baby even though his family were hesitant with him being around her when she was a new born.

Achilles has never loved. He is mentally unstable with a lot on his plate which has always affected his life since he was seven. Growing up, it became harder when he was deemed "dangerous" for being the way he was.

When Lianique was born, they kept him away until she was four months and when he first got to hold the babygirl, he fell in love. He loved Baby Lia as if she was his own child. Yet Achilles didn't see himself having any children, because he's afraid he won't be able to be the dream father every child would want.

Scratching his cheek, Achilles stared at Mahika's contact name, wanting to call her even though he knew there was a big chance that she was asleep. Yet he needed to hear her voice, just one last time before he went to bed.

Clicking her number, he holds the phone to his ear and just as expected she doesn't pick up.

"C'mon..." he says, trying again, and again and again until eventually on the sixth call she picks up.

"H-Hello...Power?" She says grogily.

"I'm sorry baby girl, did I wake ya'?"

Mahika had went to bed once Amir finally told her what he wanted to so desperately. He started speaking about how he liked her and wouldn't mind taking her out. Mika didn't give him a direct answer and he had left her room pissed. She had no time to entertain little boys when she was interested in a man.

She lets out a tired yawn." Yeah...I went to bed an hour ago. What's wrong?"

Everything.He wished he could tell her everything... " Nothing...I just needed to hear your voice one last time. I'm thinking 'bout seeing you soon when you ain't busy."

"You know working has me busy."

"Don't worry, I could pull a few strings and get Pedro to give you a day off." Achilles chuckled. In other words, he was gon' threaten Pedro with a gun to his temple.

They spoke for nearly an hour, Achilles listend as she would giggle at something he said and that we literal music to his ears. Laying on his back, he stared at his ceiling as the conversation was slowly dying down.

"Imma letchu' head to bed, bye baby."

"Bye baby." She giggled.

Achilles chuckled and shook his head, she was something special. He didn't know that messing with her could cause someone to get hurt in the future.

×××

Excuse mistakes!💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.3K 57
They were each other's drug, the only choice was to relapse.
707K 25.4K 39
please read, leave feedback, and share. ❤️