Conflicted (Boyxboy)

By InfamousLove

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... More

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
chapter 34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141

123

6.4K 228 141
By InfamousLove

123 heh
I did actually try proof read this time lol, but I'm on my phone and it has a giant crack so I can't see properly, so it probably didn't make a difference lmao #trainwriting

-

Ugh...

Bloody hell, he needs to close his curtains. I winced at the bright moonlight shining in my eyes, before glancing over my shoulder.

Chester was sound asleep with his arms wrapped around my waist.

It must be early in the morning...

I should probably leave now, to avoid any drama.

I sighed before gently moving his arms and sneaking out of the bed.

I put my briefs and shirt back on just in case before quietly opening the door and walking out.

Dark and quiet.

Now to make my way to my room...

I nearly made it, but then just stared into the darkness downstairs. So quiet at night. Maybe I should sleep during the day and wake up at night.

Wait, does this school do night classes?

Hmm, I don't think it's as early as I originally thought, the sky isn't completely dark...

And I do know that some people in this house do tend to be early risers...

I should probably leave now...

I've been standing here for a while...

The longer I stay here the more likely-

Are you fucking kidding me.

I grit my teeth as I began to hear the rustling of a coat and stomping from upstairs.

Two guesses who that could possibly be. Seeing as there are only two rooms up there... and one of them is a lazy teenager.

If I run he'll hear me, crap!

Just tip toe for your life!

Why the fuck is this house so busy, even at god knows when in the morning!

I hate people who get up early. Cretins. Aliens!

I breathed a sigh of relief as I made it through my doorway before dumping the rest of my clothes on the bed.

Ack, the door!

I should just leave it as it is and pretend to be asleep. Although if he's still upset at me he'll probably stay away anyway.

...Eh, nope not risking it!

Wait I took too long it's too late.

My feet are moving anyway!

I ran over to the door to shut it, jumping when I realised Aaron was stood outside of it, in turn making him jump. Which would have been amusing, if it wasn't for the situation.

"W-what are you doing up?" He questioned in an alarmed tone, and I chuckled awkwardly.

"Um, can't sleep..."

"Right, of course. Did you take those...pills...?" He trailed off while frowning at the wall and I sighed.

"Uh, no, I forgot."

"Well I won't uphold your part of the deal until you start taking them, okay?" He looked me in the eye and I bit my lip. "You're stuck with me until you do."

"Well now I really don't want to take them." I sighed and he looked a little angry, well, for Aaron's standards at least.

"Why would you say that?"

Shit, yeah, why the hell did I say that.

"Uh, that was an accident.."

"An accident? You can't accidentally say a whole sentence."

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking properly... just got up."

"I thought you said you couldn't sleep?"

"Uh..."

"And why are you dressed like that? You usually don't sleep with your top on..."

"Um..."

Holy shit, what's happening.

"Judging by your reaction you've been doing something you shouldn't..."

My reaction? I've barely had time to think!

"Hah would you look at that, now I feel super tired, ready to sleep, goodnight!" I slammed the door in a panic.

"It's 6 in the morning." I heard him mumble to himself before sighing and walking away.

Yikes...

Well that might explain why it wasn't as quiet as I thought it would be. But the universe is still a little bitch for making him walk down the stairs at that moment.

In fact, people always seem to turn up when I'm in situations like that, damnit.

Fuck.. how was I supposed to know that putting my clothes on would be more suspicious than not, agh, I wasn't thinking properly.

No, either way that was just way too sharp... just how easily am I able to be read?

Ugh.

Ah, whatever, it's not like he'd say anything to anyone.

I sighed before heading for the shower.

Might as well just start getting ready for the day.

---

When I got out of the shower I got changed while sighing and complaining to myself.

I'd kill someone for a lie in...

Man, when was the last time I slept in in the morning....

Feels like a life time ago.

Honestly, why is my brain such a bitch..not only do I have to go through..well. That. I have to suffer through whatever the fuck my brain's doing to me at the moment.

Like, I went through horrific trauma, and my brain decides to harrass me and make me suffer?

It's a little shit, plain and simple.

The packets on my bedside caught my eye, and I stared at them.

I wonder what would happen if I did start taking them...

If it means I seem like I'm a normal human being to them, maybe it's worth a try.

I sighed before grabbing one packet and looking at the back.

Okay, is that a different language?

Well, I'm just going to have to trust Luca isn't trying to poison me...

I carefully collected the amount it suggested and headed downstairs to get a glass.

Best do this before everyone else gets up, because taking pills is a real struggle...

I shook my head when I began to think of the last time I had medication to take.

Yikes, at least they're not injections.

---

I felt much better at school today, which made me feel super guilty, because I knew it wasn't like the pills were working yet, it was something else that helped.

So the fatigue and stress is replaced by guilt and anxiety. My brain never gives me a break.

Erin and Alex were also giving me anxiety. It wasn't like they were trying to, it was just my own feelings about them being amplified by their presence.

Which in turn made me feel even more guilty, so I was an anxious mess all day.

But at least I wasn't that tired. I mean, I was still super tired, but not, like, walking zombie tired.

I kept on looking over my shoulder all day, I really felt in edge. And I couldn't work out if it was my irrational anxiety or I really did have something that was bothering me.

I felt like I was being watched, a pressure on the back of my head, a feeling like there was a presence behind me.

Sort of like when you're stood in a shop and feel like a mannequin is a real person in the corner of your eye, super weird.

Every time I looked around me I never saw anything that stuck out, just ordinary teenagers walking around and on their phones.

Either way I couldn't shake the paranoia, and when Aaron turned up at the end of the school day, I knew something was wrong.

"I thought you were at college this afternoon?" Nate asked him as we approached, while Chester got out of the car. "Whoah, why are there two of you..."

"I'm not here to take you home, I need to talk to Riley."

I frowned, feeling really uneasy.

Nate just raised a brow. "Uh, could have just done that at home." He mumbled before getting in the car.

Alex looked like he wanted to say something, but then just sighed and got in too.

Aaron looked down at my old phone before looking around suspiciously, and I felt a surge of anxiety.

Uh oh, what texts has he been getting...

He noticed me looking around anxiously as well, and then smiled.

"Don't worry, just follow me." He began walking down the pavement as Chester started pulling away in the car, and I sighed before hesitantly following.

Am I about to be murdered?

I stayed behind him for a while, just contemplating all the things that could be wrong, before he stopped and turned around.

"Don't look so worried, it's not dangerous." He chuckled, but it didn't really put me at ease.

"What's wrong?" I questioned quietly as I walked beside him.

"Promise not to freak out?" He asked and I gave him a look.

"That's the worst thing to say to someone to stop them freaking out."

"Sorry."

"I'm being stalked again aren't I?" I sighed and he blinked.

"Uh, yes...how did you know, did you spot them?"

"I filled in the gaps."

"Oh, well we need to work out who it is." He said seriously, glancing around casually.

"You don't think they'd be following me now?" I frowned.

"They seem to be." He sighed, glancing down at my phone again.

"What has he been sending?" I questioned anxiously.

"He knows you don't have the phone any more, he's threatening me."

"What as in he knows it's you specifically??" A wave of guilt and anxiety made me gulp.

"No, just, not you."

I released a breath. "Great..."

"It's definitely someone else following you, not him, so don't worry about that."

"Oh yeah that makes me feel so much better, it's just a random stalker whom I don't know what they look like, that's fine."

"Well, yes, not ideal." He glanced behind himself again. "I do have my suspicions though." He muttered, and I resisted the urge to look as well.

"Why didn't you call the police?"

"Because I would like to have a chat with them." He smiled at me and I raised a brow.

"You wouldn't do anything violent..." I gave him a skeptical look. "What if they have a weapon?" I widened my eyes.

"They're supposed to follow not engage, so I doubt it."

"Engage? What is this, a Bond movie?" I sighed dramatically. "I'm too tired for this..."

"...Have you taken those pills yet?"

"Um." I bit my lip. "Not yet..." I lied.

"You really should...I won't leave you alone until you do." He sighed without much enthusiasm. "And stop biting your lip."

"...Sorry."

He suddenly put out his hand making me stop. He looked back slightly for a few moments, then dropped his arm.

"...What?" I wondered when he carried on like normal.

"I think I know who it is."

"Okay, what exactly are you planning on doing now?"

He paused for a while and I chewed on my lip anxiously.

"Don't look so startled, just stay here and you'll be fine."

"I'm not worried about me!" I huffed dramatically and he smiled before patting my shoulder.

"Don't worry I won't beat him up or anything illegal. Well, that illegal. Stay." He turned around and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not worried about him either! Be careful." I snapped before just freezing.

Wait, why am I just supposed to stay here.

What do I do...

I stared at a tree for a while and clicked my tongue.

Wait isn't me just standing here hella suspicious.

I tried to subtly turn my head and look for any suspicious people.

I spotted Aaron walking in a wide circle and tried to follow his gaze. He wasn't really looking at any specific place though.
Trying to be sneaky huh...

Wait.

That guy. I've been seeing that guy all day.

I turned away slowly when I realised he was staring at me, and bit my lip.

I'm not built for this kinda thing.

Can't we just ask him nicely to go away.

When I next turned around both of them were gone.

Wait what the fuck.

I darted my head around trying to spot them, then just got a little glimpse of Aaron dragging the poor guy round the corner.

Holy shit.

I bolted across the street after them.

Shit, did he mean stay as in stay until he came back, or stay until he found the stalker?

Oh well.

I had no idea where they went, and had to take a few wrong turns for a while before I spotted them.

Aaron had him pinned against the wall and the poor thing looked like he was about to shit himself.

I tried to walk up quietly, but he was talking so quietly to him I couldn't work out was he was saying.

"I just needed the money okay! I don't mean any harm-" The teen was cut off by a harsh shake and he coughed slightly.

"I don't care about your reasons, I just want you to stop, and give me that phone." I managed to hear what he was saying after approaching completely, and the sinisterly calm and tense tone he had made me shiver.

Am I a bad person for finding this kinda hot.

"I need it-"

"GIVE IT." The boy whimpered slightly before swallowing and handing him the phone.

Aaron gave him a slightly chilling smile before leaning in right next to his ear. "If I find out you've been within even a few yards of Riley, I'm going to do the things you've been texting him with to you, do you understand?"

The boy nodded his head dramatically and Aaron released him, patting down his jacket.

"Great! See you around."

The boy scuttled off with amazing speed and Aaron sighed before turning around.

I just blinked at him as he frowned.

"How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to be seriously aroused."

He chuckled at my inappropriate comment, "I told you to stay there." He complained as he turned me around by the shoulders and pushed me out of the alleyway.

"Oops." I swallowed, slowly coming out of my daze. "What are you going to do now? What if that didn't work."

"Well then I have got this." He held up his phone, showing a recording app.

"Wouldn't that get you in trouble too, why didn't you go to the police in the first place? You did last time."

"Well, things have got complicated." He sighed, staring at the ground as we walked.

"He's trying to blackmail you or something isn't he, that's why you can't go to the police. What's he got?"

I chewed on my lip harshly and he put a hand over my mouth.

"You need to stop doing that."

"Tell me what he's got against me."

"Just evidence of a few not so legal things you used to do. Which we need to chat about in length later by the way." He sighed.

"Ohh, right, as in, the stuff I did with his friends..." I sighed sharply. "Of course he was keeping evidence of that, I always wondered why he made me go along with them."

"He made you do illegal things so he could blackmail you with it in the future? He's like an evil mastermind or something."

"I think the proper term is psychopath." I sighed.

"Don't people need to see therapists and get medication for that..."

"Maybe if you were diagnosed... most psychopaths never see anyone about it, they don't think there's anything wrong with it."

"Did your research huh?"

"I guess..." I frowned, feeling uneasy.

I looked at Aaron to see him frowning sadly down at my phone. I really need to get that phone away from him...

"Can I have that back now?" I asked and he gave me a look.

Worth a try...heh.

"I don't really like the idea of you reading all those horrible things about me..." I sighed.

"Trust me, you'd hate reading them more." He huffed, before shaking his head and smiling at me. "How about we talk about all the things that happened now? We've got a long way back home."

"Wait, excuse me? You didn't bring your own car?"

"I wanted a walk."

"I hate you."

He chuckled. "Come on, it'll be good for you."

Great.

---

"I'm so tired." I complained as I collapsed down on a sofa. We'd taken so long to get home that the sky was starting to orange from the sunset.

Aaron just shook his head and smiled at me.

"It did you good, you're tired because you don't get enough exercise."

"No I'm tired because you wouldn't stop talking! You grilled me on my whole life story."

"No I didn't."

"You asked me what my favourite fruit was?"

"And that's a vital point of your life story is it?"

"Yes." I said seriously, then chuckled.

He sat down by my head on the sofa and looked down at my phone, making me sigh.

"It's weird when you do that." I huffed.

"Do what?"

"When you distract me from things and I don't realise you're doing it until afterwards."

"Well, that is the point of distracting you."

"Mhm." I sighed again before shifting around.

"Do you blame me when your mood shifts at the slightest negative thought?" He sighed, gently stroking my hair.

"Well they're not exactly your average negative thought are they." I bit my lip, then looked at my phone in his hand.

"Riley." Aaron warned, and for a moment I thought he'd caught on to what I was planning, but he was just glaring at my lip.

"Oh, Sorry." I chuckled awkwardly. "Bad habits are hard to get rid of."

"Uh huh." He stayed silent for a while, before placing my phone on the coffee table and sighing.

He stood up for a few moments, stretching slightly, and I sneakily grabbed the phone and slid it under the sofa.

"Do you want anything?" He asked as he walked towards the hallway.

I jumped up in panic as he turned around. "Would love a coffee thanks." I replied awkwardly and his expression stiffened.

"Where did you put the phone." He asked with a flat expression.

"What the hell, how did you know?" I tssked.

"Because you never ask me to get you anything. Give it back."

I reached down and grabbed the phone, jumping away from him when he took a step towards me.

"What? Of course I do, you give me coffee all the time."

"Only when I give it to you without asking, otherwise you always say no thanks. Give me the phone." He followed me out of the room.

"What? I didn't even realise that..."

"Riley."

"I need to look at it."

"No you don't."

"Yes, I do! I need to know what he's been saying, it's driving me crazy."

"Riley, give me the phone." He demanded calmly, and I grit my teeth when I ended up at a dead end in the study room.

"Thought you said you weren't going to unfairly boss me around anymore."

He paused, seeming conflicted.

"I'm not bossing you around, and it's not unfairly, you shouldn't read those messages, trust me." He warned, making me frown.

I unlocked the phone and he jumped forward before hesitating.

"Riley, don't."

He seemed really torn on what he should do, which made me feel bad, as I didn't think he was being unfair either.

Knowing Finn, these messages are probably pretty awful...

I gulped before opening the messages and scrolling.

There were thousands of them, threats, passive aggressive comments, insults, graphic descriptions of what he'd done to me before, degrading comments calling me a slut. Some messages aimed at Aaron, threating that he'd make him watch as he did things to me. Even some old photos of my injuries, and mocking jokes.

There were a few messages threatening the 'person who now has the phone', meaning Aaron. He threatened the whole family, writing about how they'd regret getting 'inbetween us'.

He also listed everything he made me do with his 'friends', saying how I wasn't worth protecting anyway. To be honest, if I read all these texts and I was him I wouldve kicked me out...

My eyes widened as I looked at them. I felt my stomach drop, and my throat start to tighten.

"Okay, that was a mistake." I said quietly, dropping the phone.

I leaned against then slid down the wall as Aaron picked it up, and he looked down at me in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked calmly, and I shook my head.

"Not really." I admitted, didn't bother trying the whole 'I'm fine' fiasco this time.

"Caleb get Luca!" Aaron suddenly shouted making me jump.

Why would he do that...oh.

I realised I was trembling and hyperventilating as I stared at my hand.

Shit, look what I've done. I'm such an idiot. Of course this would happen.

Damnit, I thought I was over these.

This one is completely self inflicted, what was I thinking...

"He's not here." Caleb came into the room then looked down at me in confusion.

"Then call him! NOW!" Aaron snapped making him jump and then run out.

I shook my head and gripped my hair tightly.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry, I should have stopped you." He kneeled down next to me and I looked away from him.

"I give you permission to stop me from doing stupid things in the future okay.... Don't let me guilt you out of it again." I tried to calm my breathing, but it was as hard as trying to suppress a sob. There was no way to stop myself acting like this.

"Riley, what did I tell you about holding it in." He sighed.

I shook my head and tightly shut my eyes. "I can't let myself act like this."

"You don't have a choice, you have to ride it out."

"I'm ashamed of myself when I'm like this." I felt my eyes start to sting.

"Hey..." He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me against his chest. I didn't say anything as he wrapped his arms around me and rested his head against my own.

The room was just filled with my broken, shallow breathing for a while until Caleb came back in, this time with Chester.

I looked away from them in shame and stared at the floor, trying to control myself.

Stop thinking about it.

Stop it.

"He said he's coming home..." Caleb explained quietly and I felt Aaron nod.

"Can you close the door please, it's best to be left alone."

"What happened?" Caleb asked gently.

"That's not your concern." He stated simply, and I heard Chester sigh before they left.

I frowned at how my muscles were involuntary tensing, and then grabbed my arm in pain when it had a little spasm.

"Ow." I complained, gripping it tightly.

"You need to relax, otherwise you're going to hurt yourself."

"What??" I gripped his arm tensely in panic and he stiffened.

"Ow..." He complained quietly and I let go. "Riley just relax."

"How could... I possibly relax??" I panicked, beginning to feel light headed.

"Hey." He tried to pull me back down when I attempted to stand, but the movement made my vision go spotty and I collapsed back down anyway.

Everything thing was floating for a little while, and I eventually realised I was lying with my head in his lap.

What the fuck....did I just pass out for a few seconds. Or minutes...

"You're doing fine like this, just stay there and relax." He stated calmly, his hand running gently through my hair.

"Not... feeling... so fine." I huffed and he shushed me.

"Don't say anything."

-

It was nearly an hour later when Luca got back, and my panic attack hadn't calmed in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure it would have gotten worse if it wasn't for Aaron distracting me by talking about random bullshit.

But the sheer length and size of the panic attack was making me feel seriously sick, tired and afraid.

I felt like it would never stop.

Luca bursting in through the door made me jump slightly, and Aaron tightened his grip trying to stop me from moving.

"What happened?" He asked sharply, kneeling down next to me.

"He saw the texts."

"What?" Luca blinked at him in confusion.

"Finn had been texting him again..."

"Wait, what??"

"Now's not the time, I'll explain later." Aaron stated, and Luca glared at him.

He looked down at me and sighed. "Fine. When did it start?"

"About an hour ago."

"Let me see." He reached over and held my head so he could look at my pupils, then my wrist for a pulse reading.

"If it carries on we might need to go to the hospital."

"WHAT." I tried to sit up but Aaron pushed me down.

"Calm down, just as a precaution."

"Riley, have you taken those meds yet?" Luca asked and I looked away.

I don't want to answer.

"He said he hadn't yet." Aaron answered for me, based on my previous lie.

"You really need to, especially if it's getting this bad." He said calmly as he settled down next to me.

"Is there nothing else you can do?" Aaron asked him quietly and I closed my eyes.

"Not at the moment, he'll be fine, in time."

"Well he seems better now at least..."

"What exactly happened?"

"Might not be best to relive it at the moment, Luca." Aaron warned in a passive aggressive tone and I sighed.

You know what, I think I'm getting better because the feeling of tension is taking over from these two.

They both didn't say anything for a while, which was slightly awkward, but eventually I sat up, wincing from the pain.

"Did you strain a muscle?" Luca asked as Aaron stood up.

"Multiple." I sighed, but I was relieved it was nearly over. I was still having slight shortness of breath, but otherwise I was fine.

"I'll get you some painkillers, although you can't take your meds with them at the same time so they'll have to wait until tomorrow."

Oops. That could be a problem.

"Uhhh, about that..."

Oh shit. Luca offered me a hand and pulled me up off of the floor, while Aaron frowned at me.

"About what?"

"Um...well I don't want any painkillers."

I'm so screwed.

"Why? Don't tell me you're being influenced by Aaron's anti drug idiocy." Luca complained and Aaron glared at him.

"Excuse me?"

Here we go...

"What? Do you really want to have this discussion again?"

I sighed at them.

"No it's not that..."

Tell the truth Riley.

"I've already taken the medication." I admitted while cringing and biting my lip.

They both just blinked at me.

"Uhh..." Luca seemed seriously confused. "...Why did you say you hadn't?"

"Well..." I took a few steps back. "Ummm...."

"You didn't want us to go through with the deal you made, to leave you alone." Aaron stated, with a small smile.

"What? That's stupid." Luca exclaimed and Aaron gave him a look. "I mean, you could have just said something."

"Yeah well I'm an idiot." I sighed with red cheeks. "It was a stupid idea anyway. I feel guilty when you help me but I feel worse when you don't. I'm just going to have to accept that I need help."

"Wow, I thought it would take you at least a week to come to that conclusion." Aaron chuckled.

"I was thinking like a month." Luca commented and I rolled my eyes at them.

"Wow, haha. That's great guys. Don't let it go to your head."

"You're such a cutie Sunshine." Aaron chuckled before grabbing me in a hug. I flattened my expression but couldn't help but give a small smile.

"Okay, great, so you're taking medication and not doing the edgy teen thing anymore, win win." Luca commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Like you're much better."

"Aaron, let him go." Luca huffed after several moments and he chuckled.

He ruffled my hair as he stood back making me shoot him a look as I rubbed my head.

"I do have some natural pain killers that can help, also coffee. And an early night." Aaron smiled and I bit my lip.

"Yeah...night..."

"Don't worry, I won't leave you on your own tonight, you can stay with me."

"Um, excuse me?" Luca glared at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, my room is obviously a much calmer environment with less negative connotations. And don't you have missed work to catch up on?"

"I'm really sorry about that." I apologised as they glared at eachother.

"It's fine Riley, I'm just glad you're okay. And I'll skip class any time for you, okay? Don't hold back from asking."

"Isn't that sweet." Aaron smiled sarcastically and I sighed.

"You need to explain to me what these texts are later." Luca stated.

"Just ask Chester or Chance." Aaron brushed him off.

"What? Am I the only one that doesn't know what's going on?"

"No, literally everyone else doesn't."

"Wow, yeah, the kids."

Um, excuse me, they're mostly older than me.

"Okay well you guys have fun." I opened the door to the room and Aaron tssked before following me out.

"Hang on a second, I'm sorry about that." He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly and I chuckled as I walked through the living room.

"It's okay, it seems to be a sibling thing, to argue constantly I mean."

"It kinda is..." He smiled.

"Chester! Where are you??" Luca's voice in the stairway made me jump as we walked into the kitchen.

"Best not be around when Luca finds out what's been going on, you should probably turn in now anyway, catch up on that lost sleep."

"At 8.30?" I sighed as he rooted around in a cupboard. "I don't think that's possible."

"Don't worry about that, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve." He smiled as he put some powder into boiling water. I just stared down at it when he pushed it in front of me.

"That looks like some Macbeth witchbroth shit."

"It's lime and tumeric flavoured."

"Ew."

"Drink it. And chew on this afterwards too." He put a strange ball of dried leaves on the table.

"...Are you giving me edibles?"

"No."

"Damn..." I commented making him raise a brow.

I sighed before taking a sip of the strange drink. It's probably some useless herbal shit, but I'll humour him anyway.

"Tastes like off lemsip."

"I'm not sure lemsip can even go off." He smiled as he leaned over the counter infront of me.

I pulled my tongue out before trying to chug it, giving up halfway through and making a face.

"This is nasty."

He rolled his eyes at me before moving away and pouring himself a coffee.

"If I have to take this medication I think you should try give up coffee." I suggested and he paused.

"What? Coffee isn't bad for you, you're thinking of smoking."

"The rate at which you consume it I think it is." I commented and he almost looked offended.

He stood in silence for a little while. "Fine, I will."

"Wait, what?"

"If it makes you feel better about taking medication, I will."

"Uhhh." I struggled to think for a while. "I was just kidding."

"Well the thought came from somewhere, so I will."

"No way, you're way too addicted, you'd just end up feeling guilty when you gave in."

"Excuse me, I am not addicted."

"Uh huh, and I'm not gay."

"Ugh, Riley." He gave an exasperated chuckle. "I'm not addicted to coffee!"

"Okay okay, we're obviously not at the admitting stage yet. But that is the first stage of recovery."

He gave me a look for a few moments, before looking down at his cup. He narrowed his eyes at me before bringing it up to his mouth and I chuckled.

"I've finished the vile liquid." I said as I pushed the cup away.

"Great, now chew that."

"I really don't want to..."

"Do it."

I sighed dramatically before putting it in my mouth. I stared at Aaron in concern as it kind of fizzed and dried out my mouth.

"Chew." He chuckled in amusement and I grimaced as I tried to chew it.

This is horrible.

I started to taste it as it became soggy in my mouth and made a noise of complaint.

He seemed highly amused as I stood up, wanting to spit it out.

"Wait, wait, just leave it a minute more."

I glared at him as he laughed.

"Conthinue laugin an I gunna schpit ig at you." I gave a muffled threat that just made him laugh more.

I seriously considered following through on the threat before spitting it out in the bin.

"Why did you do that to me." I complained while getting some water.

He eventually stopped laughing as I shook my head at him. "Well I'm glad you find it so amusing."

"Yes, very."

I rolled my eyes at him as he ruffled my hair. "I'm going to attack you if you keep doing that."

"Come on, let's go upstairs before we experience Luca's wrath."

"I'm pretty sure he'd go up a few stairs if he was angry enough."

"Yeah, maybe he'll leave you alone because you're tired though."

"Not so sure that's Luca to be honest."

"Hm, I guess not."

"You probably should have told him in the first place, keeping secrets never ends well."

"You'd definitely know about that wouldn't you Sunshine?"

"Shut up."

I hesitated before climbing the last set of stairs and he looked back at me.

"Come on, you'll sleep better up here."

"I don't really want to intrude..."

"Riley. You won't be, only unwelcome people can intrude. And you're plenty welcome."

"Hm..." I took one unsure step up and he put his hand out.

"Come on."

"I don't need help climbing the stairs." I complained but he took my hand anyway and started dragging me up.

"Yep but this is so you can't change your mind."

"What- slow down!" I squeaked as I almost lost my footing but he didn't stop and practically pulled me up the stairs.

"Oh my god..." I huffed with a red face and he chuckled as he opened his door.

I smiled at the warm lighting in the smaller sized room, it definitely was much more homely than the rooms downstairs.

"It's kinda funny that even a house this large needed extensions to fit you all."

"It does really waste space, this house I mean. Originally this was supposed to be a guest room and your room was mine, but I really prefer these rooms."

"They are a bit uninviting..."

"Well that's mainly because you haven't done anything with yours to make it your own."

"I don't feel like it's mine to do anything with."

"Well it is."

I made a face and shook my head making him sigh.

"Well I guess that explains why you're so uncomfortable in there."

"Explains a little..."

He gave me a look of concern and I smiled.

"Anyways..."

"Don't sit down, otherwise you want get back up." He warned as he started getting ready for bed.

"What? I'm not that tired."

Actually...maybe I am...mostly stiff and achey though.

I stifled a yawn before taking my shirt off, not really caring enough to be self conscious.

Actually have I ever cared enough to be self conscious...

Hm,.maybe a few times, around...

Oh. Maybe I am a little self conscious.

That's strange...

"I have pajamas that wouldn't really fit you if you want?" Aaron wondered after he noticed me hesitating.

"No thanks, don't like pajamas..." I smiled, shaking it off and continuing.

"Why..."

"They feel weird."

"What? They're clothes, you wear clothes. You also nap in clothes."

"It's just not right, okay."

"Okay then..."

I chuckled at his puzzled face before tilting my head.

Oh my god, he has bunny pajama bottoms on.

Hang on a sec...don't tell me I make him shy.

"What are you staring at?" His voice brought me out of my thoughts and I looked up at him.

"Oh, um, bunnies."

"What?...oh, right, they're cute, so sue me."

I chuckled at him as he walked past me.

"I'm getting your bathroom stuff okay." He said as he left the room and I sighed.

---

"You don't like looking in the mirror." Aaron randomly stated when I sat down on his bed and I frowned.

"What?"

"I noticed when you were brushing your teeth, you went as far as to turn around when you did it."

"Huh..."

"Do you not realize that?"

"I'm not sure it has anything to do with the mirror, I just turn around..."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just don't like facing that way."

"What way?"

"Okay okay, the mirror damnit." I huffed before turning away from him. "But hey it's not like I hate the way I look or something so whatever."

"I don't think it is anything to do with that."

"Then what is it doctor?" I asked sarcastically.

"You don't like confronting yourself."

"What."

"You're guilty or ashamed of something."

"Sure maybe, what are you, training to be a Luca or something?"

"Okay you're right, I'm sorry. Getting in your head and psychoanalysing is Luca's job." He commented making me snort.

"He was fired from that job some time ago."

"Huh, still does it though."

"Mhm, he's annoying like that."

"Okay, I'll stop saying stuff aloud, but I'll still think it." He said making me huff and turn round again.

He just blinked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Do what you want, I don't actually mind, well until I do, and then I'll let you know, don't worry about that." I smirked.

"Right..."

I yawned and noticed him smiling. "What?"

"Nothing."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "...What time is it?"

"9.12"

"What...." I sighed and grumbled before collapsing my head on the pillow dramatically. "So early...so.tired."

"That was the point."

"Hm."

"You still in pain?"

"Just a little achey..."

I sighed before closing my eyes with a frown.

I felt him poke my brow a second later and opened one eye.

"Why are you frowning?"

"I don't know, resting bitch face or something..."

"You don't have a resting bitch face."

"You do."

"What?"

"You always look like you're frowning about something."

"Huh..."

I chuckled at his concerned expression before closing my eye again.

"I'm alright..."

"Good." I felt his hand brush through my hair and smiled.

"You know you're like a mother when you do that right."

"No I'm not, that's not a mother thing to do, it's a caring thing to do."

"Mhm okay right, bad gender norms. Got it."

I heard him sigh a little and chuckled.

"It's kinda chilly..."

"That's because you're barely wearing anything."

"Hm."

"Do you want me to turn the heating up?" He asked, moving slightly and k grabbed him.

"Nope." I replied as I hugged his chest and felt him tense.

"Riley." He complained and I snuggled my head against his chest.

"You wouldn't push me away would you?" I asked in fake dismay and he sighed at me. "I'm just kidding, you can if you want."

"Uh huh, sure I can." He grumbled and I chuckled.

.He stayed silent for a few minutes...

"I'm in an uncomfortable position." He complained eventually.

"I'm not." I stated then chuckled after a few moments of silence. "Five more minutes..."

...

"Riley."

"Just, five more minutes."

...

"Five times...2 .. million minutes..."

He sighed at me again and I made a noise of complaint when he shuffled a little.

His arm rested over my waist and I smiled as he stilled.

He gently kissed the top of my head as I gave out a relaxed breath.

Cute...

---

Ooh, things are getting almost better, it would be a shame if something happened...

Really hoping it published, tried to publish while stepping off of train so the WiFi may have fucked up 🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 163 17
A rich, privileged young man with a troubled past, moves to LA for a fresh start but ends up falling in love with the last person he expected. A man...
79.8K 3.6K 76
"Respect is Earned Honesty is Appreciated Love is Gained and Loyalty is Returned" When 21-year-old Declan moved to a new college, he knew things will...
14.8K 238 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...
236 8 1
Living in a group home can be a trying experience for young Riley. Even more so when living with a secret that's bound to make him an outcast if it e...