The White Lion Princess

By Rubyrose645

I was born with a destiny above all destinies. And a friend to help fulfil it. Created from the sun and moon... More

Prologue
The reunion
Some Assembly Required
Return of the Gladiator
Fall of the Castle of Lions.
Tears of the Balmera
Taking Flight
Return to the Blamera
Rebirth, and a secret
Crystal Venom
Collection and Extraction
The Black Palidan
The Child of Sun and Moon
Shiro's escape.
Greening the Cube
Eye of the Storm
The Ark of Taujeer
Return to Arisa
Space Mall
The Blade of Marmora
The Belly of the Weblum
Stayin' Alive
Best Laid Plans
Blackout
Changing of the Guard.
Red Palidan
The Hunted
Hole in the Sky
The Journey
Tailing a Comet
The Legend Begins
Code of Honor
Reunion
Black Site
Begin the Blitz
A New Defender
Blood Duel
Postmortem
Kral Zera
Journey to Find the Truth
The Land of Light
Omega Shield
Razor's Edge
The Colony
The Black Paladins
All good things
Defender of All Universes
Healing
The Road Home
The Way Forward
The Ruins
Battle in the ruins
The Journey Within
Trust
The Last Stand
Know Your Enemy
Heart of the Lion
Trial by Fire
Lions' Pride, Part 1
Lions' Pride PT. 2
Lions' Pride pt. 3
Launch Date
The Dark One
The Prisoner's Dilemma
Battle Scars
The Grudge
Genesis
Day Forty-Seven
Clear Day
Knights of Light PT. 1
Knights of Light PT. 2
Uncharted Regions
The Zenith
The End Is the Beginning
Let the Future be bright

The Prisoner

1.1K 20 1
By Rubyrose645

We flew in our lions to a large moon occupied by the Galra.

"That's our target, tye moon of Tragoch." Shiro confirmed.

"According to our latest intelligence, that's where the Galra are building their upgraded sentries." Allura said.

"Taking out this base will mean the Galra won't be able to resupply their bases and ships for months." I said.

"And how so we know this isn't a trap?" Lance asked.

"All the intel's checked out so far. Everything's exactly how we were told it'd be." Shiro said.

"Including preparing us for those." I said as the alarms went off and droned came out of the base.

"Allura, I'm sending you the signlas to interfere with the drones." Pidge said.

The Blue Lion flew closer to the drones, "Signal acquired. Broadcasting."

The Blue Lion used its wide-range sonar to broadcast the signal to the drones, deactivating them and letting them float in space.

"Now, let's take them out before thdy recalibrate and report our approach." Shiro ordered.

We readied our jaw blades on our lions and quickly destroyed all the drones.

"Form up on me. We're going in." We followed Shiro into an opening in the base.

"We only have five minutes before the Galra notice that their drones aren't responding. Be careful to stay in formation and don't touch the sides!" Shiro warned us.

I carefully flew White through the tunnel, trying hard to maneuver through the winding tunnels.

All of a sudden, Hunk screamed in fear.

I looked behind me and saw hot magma rushing down the tunnel.

"I think I may have nicked the side a little bit." Hunk said in a panicked voice.

"Let me through!" Allira shouted, turning her lion around while the rest of us went on ahead. She shot a freeze ray at the magma, which slowed it down, but not for long enough.

"We'd better hurry. That patch won't last long." She said rejoining us.

We, even more carefully and quickly, flew down the tunnels once again. The lava broke through the ice patch and hurried behind us.

"The lava's gaining on us! We can't outrun it!" Hunk shouted from the back.

"We should be directly underneath the Galra base." Allura informed us.

"There's an opening up ahead. Follow me!" We followed Shiro through the openinh and watched the lava fall as we went through another tunnel.

We only flew for a swcond before being cornered with a dead end.

"Oh, no! We're trapped!" Lance yelled.

"No, we're not! There's another way out. From Voltron!" Shiro shouted.

We did as we were told and formed Voltron. I smiled at the familiar warmth of the great warrior, it has been a while since we formed him.

We punched a hole through the wall and entered the main factory.

"Take dowm the factory machines!" Shiro shouted.

The Red and Green Lion's fired their lasers and destroyed the factory in a matter of minutes. Then we flew away before the big explosion.

We flew back to the Castle, got changed and rested in the lounge.

"Oh, man! Going on missions is a lot easier when somebody gives you all the information you need before you get there." Hunk said relieved.

"And yet, you still managed to run your lion into a wall." Lance teased.

"Yeah, information is one thing. Ability is something completely different." Hunk stated.

"There's no doubt about it, we haven't encountered a single problem." Shiro said.

"I must admit, we took down a vital targrt today." Allira agreed.

"And we made it look pretty easy, except for the getting buried in lava part." Pidge said, looking off to the side.

"I have to say, we've been getting better at our attacks." I said.

"It may be tome to consider taking the next step." Shiro suggested.

Allura and I looked down with a untrusting and unsure expression.

"I'm still not comfortable with this. It just doesn't feel right." Allura said.

"I'm going with Allura on this one. Everytime this topic comes up, I get this cold feeling in my chest. But, maybe it is time for the next step." I added.

Allura, Shiro and I left the lounge. We walked to the elevator and pressed a level for the dungeon.

I fidgeted and nervously tangled my fingers into my dress. To see him and feel this terrible cold, dark feeling in my chest was almost too much to bear. But, in order to get any leg up on the Galra, we had no choice.

I was interrupted from my thoughts, by a small hand grabbing mine. I looked up surprised and saw Allura smiling kindly at me.

"I'll be right here. He can't hurt you in this cell." She said. I looked over at Shiro. He smiled and nodded in agreement, silently telling me that it would be okay.

I gave them a small smiled and held onto Allura's hand tightly as the doors opened.

There was only one cell on this level. It's supposed to be for the most dangerous, or most untrustworthy prisoners. And this man was both.

We walked down ramp and up to the cell. I stood tall as to not show fear or weakness, but the dark feeling in my chest remained and grew stronger.

"You're intel checked out." Shiro said.

"You still feign surprise." Lotor said, looking up and smiling at us with a chilling grin, "All the information I've given, proven correct. Every target I've provided, easily dispatched. And yet, you still look at me--"

"As if you were the leader of the most bloodthirsty race if murderers this universe has ever known." Allura finished for him.

Lotor lost his grin and frowned in fake hurt, "Can people not change? Is it so hard to believe that I wish to the return the Galra Empire to a bygone era of peace? Our fathers, including Princess Zurine's father, were friends once, long ago. There must be hope for us."

"As long as I can look at you, or even be near you and still get this dark, cold feeling in my chest, I will never trust you completely." I said.

"We still need convincing." Shiro said.

"The facts speak for themselves. The Galra Empire is completely reliant on quintessence. Serve that need peacefully, and you have a complete paradigm shift, a new Dawn for thr old empire."Lotor explained.

"And you're the man to make this happen?" Allura asked.

"My plan frpm the beginning has been to find a way to harvest quintessence without resorting to the barbarism of the Komar. Extracting quintessence from entire planets at the cost of every living thing? I think not."

"And your solution was to send Voltron to do your dirty work.

"That doesn't seem any better." I added.

"Only Voltron could retrieve the trans-reality comet. So, yes, I'm afraid I had to be a bit duplicitous in effecting its retrieval."

I glared at the Galra man, "But if the paladins were killed, that would be fine for you, too." Shiro said.

Lotor sighed, "It was a calculated risk, I admit that. And I regret making Princess Zurine go through all of that, what being the fabled Child of Sun and Moon. But I knew they'd come through without a scratch. And since recovering the comet, I haven't been in the least bit aggressive."

I clutched my chest and took a deep breath in, calming my rapid beating heart. Allura put her hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright? Is it too much for you?" She asked, whispering in my ear.

I shook my head and stood tall again.

"Just because one doesn't do awful acts in the present, does not mean they promise to be good in the future." I said.

"What about your generals?" Allura asked.

"A simple misunderstanding." Lotor said, "I had no idea our paths would cross in the Ulippa System. What would I gain by fighting you? My sole focus has been finding a way to enter the zone between realities."

Allura glared harshly at Lotor, "Sounds like you are your father's son."

Lotor stood up abruptly, "It was your father who led the scientific exploration that discovered quintessence." He turned towards me, "And your father who aided in researching this new form of energy. An exploration, I might add, that resulted in the creation of Voltron. This isn't a zero-sum game. Meeting the needs if the Galra Empire means bringing peace to the universe. That is the future enlightenment brings us, one of prosperity for all."

"As if aiding that empire in their needs will take away all the pain and suffering the Galra has brought to the universe." I said.

"I saved your lives and the lives of your comrades. I have given you target after target in the Galra Empire, and all of them have been dismantled or destroyed at no cost of life to you. All I ask is to be judged by my actions rather than your preconceptions of my race. If that is beyond you, then perhaps you should just finish me and get it over with. Clearly, Princess, you are not ready to end this war."

We stayed silent for a moment before finally leaving. In the elevator, I collapses onto the floor and took deep and heavy breaths.

Allura and Shiro were by my side in half a tick, stroking my back and rubbing my hands to calm me down.

"I knew it was too much for you." Allura said worried about what had happened.

"You should go to your room and get some rest before the meeting. We'll come get you when we're about to start." Shiro said. I nodded and was led to my room, where I was tucked under my sheets by Luna and fell into a calm, quiet sleep.

Or... so I thought.

My dreams were plagued by the same cries for help in that white space, and the darkness warning me about the Dark One.

Suddenly, the darkness disappeared, and was replaced by a grassy field fled with flowers and trees.

I stood up, amazed at such beauty.

I stayed like that for what felt like years, but I was awoken from my pleasent dream.

"Zurine? Zurine. The meeting's about to start." I opened my sleepy eyes to see Pidge standing over me.

I sat up and yawned, rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms. Luna jumped down from my bed and stretched her legs.

"Thank you, Pidge." I said, standing up and following her with Luna behind me to the meeting.

Allura, Coran, me and the rest of the Paladins stood in front of the leaders of separate sections of the coalition, including Keith and Kolivan from the Blades. A map showing numerous coordinates was in the center of the room.

"As of today, our rebel forces have taken control of one-third of the former Galra Empire." Allura said, "But we cannot grow complacent. The Galra Empire is still the dominant force in the universe. However, the tide is changing."

"The rebel coalition is winning because of you, Princess Allura. You, Voltron and the Child of Sun and Moon." The green leader praised, "Mere cycles ago, I felt that my race would breathe its last in Galra chains, but then Voltron appeared on the horizon, and our lives changed forever!"

I stepped up beside Allura, "This bid for liberty is only possible because of all of our sacrifices. And we still have a long way to go before the entire universe is free."

"We'll be behind you every step of the way."

Allura smiled and said, "Thank you. We will reconvene soon. Until then."

I smiled over at Keith and Kolivan. Keith smiled back kindly as the four other screens disappeared.

"Did you complete the raid on the targets we sent you on our last communication?" Shiro asked.

"Yes. The information we've received from Lotor has consistently checked out." Kolivan answered.

"With all these successful missions taking place in such a short period of time, it won't be long before the Galra realized we're using inside information." Pidge pointed out.

"That's true. We should expect the enemy to change protocol soon."

"Then we need to act fast and hit as many targets as possible." Lance said.

"We'll talk to Lotor and see if there's anything else he can give us." Shiro said.

Allura and I looked down, "I can't stop thinking that we night be an unwitting part of a much larger ulterior motive." Allura said.

"We should be on our toes when we go to meet him. Zurine, you stay here. You've go through a lot every time you come close to Lotor." Shiro said.

I nodded and stayed behind with the rest of the paladins.

"What did Shiro mean by that, Zurine?" Hunk asked.

I looked up at my friend's worried faces. I placed a hand over my heart and told them.

"Ever since Lotor came onto the ship, I've been feeling something cold and dark thump in my chest whenever I come near him." I said.

"What do you think it could be? Lance asked.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it's telling me to stay away and not trust Lotor. And until this feeling changes, he shall never have my trust."

I walked out of the room and back to my room to rest some more.

A couple of hours later, I woke up and walked back to the bridge, only to see the worried faces of Shiro and Allura talking to Pidge, Matt, Nyma and Rolo through live transmission.

"What's wrong you two?" I asked.

They turned around as I walked closer.

"You'll want to hear this too, Zurine." Shiro said.

"Is something wrong?" Pidge asked.

"We have a lead on Commander Holt. Your father." Shiro said, surprising both the Holt siblings and me.

"Samuel Holt is still alive?" I asked shocked by the news.

"Our father? Pidge repeated.

"Lotor gave us in formation on his whereabouts."

"Where is he?"

"Because your father was considered a valuable scientific asset, he was moved to a remote prison with others like him. They're being forced to work for the Galra Empire." Allura explained sadly.

"According to Lotor, he's still at the prison, but he could be transferred at any moment. As soon as the teludav is repaired, we can all head over there." Shiro said, but Pidge and her brother couldn't wait.

"Send us the coordinates." Pidge said running after her brother to find their father.

"Pidge, Matt! If you wait for us, we'll be able to provide you with backup." Allura shouted.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll make sure they got the backup they need." Rolo confidently said.

"Bring them back safe. Good luck." Allura said, ending the transmission.

I collapsed on my knees, tears pooling in my eyes and my hands covering my mouth in joy.

"He's alive." I whispered over and over.

Allura and Shiro sat beside me and comforted me in their own way.

"You have had to be close to Commander Holt to act like this." Shiro said.

I laughed, wiping away my tears, "He was so kind to me and reminded me of my father a little bit. I'm just so happy for Pidge and Matt. They get to reunite with their father." I smiled and stood up, thinking about their luck and soon to happiness. That is, if Lotor's information was true.

I waited in the lounge with Luna for Pidge and Matt to come back. Just then, I got a sinking feeling, one full of grief and sadness.

It took a moment for me to realize what this feeling was about.

It was about Samuel Holt.

I sat there, crying with Luna's purring head on my lap.

And if I was this sad, I couldn't even imagine the pain and sadness Pidge and Matt were feeling.

My suspicions about Mr. Holt were confirmed when Pidge and Matt walked through the door into the lounge.

Matt was holding his sniffling sister as they walked in. When the two looked up, they were surprised to see my tear stricken face and puffy red eyes.

I walked up to them, wrapped my arns around them and held them tight.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, "We'll find him. I swear on Apollo and Yue we'll find him."

They nodded and we walked to the bridge, where we explained everything to Allura and the rest of the paladins.

Pidge and I sat in her chair, her face buried in my chest as she sat next to me. I continued to rub her back when a live transmission came on screen.

It was Zarkon.

"Paladins of Voltron. I am making a one-time offer. I have someone of value to you."

Zarkon moved off screen and revelaed the one we've been looking for.

Samuel Holt.

He was thin, shaggy and run down, but he was indeed Pidge and Matt's father.

"Dad!" Pidge said as she and I bolted out of the seat in surprise.

"I will hand him over, and in exchange, you give me my son Lotor."

We stood there in shock. Our enemy and current ruler of most of the universe was making a deal with us.

But the question is, should we trust him to follow through with his deal?

Or should we lose our only chance to get Samuel back?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.9K 94
I remember that day like it was yesterday... The day I lost everything... my home, my planet, my family, and the peaceful future I was hoping to have...
914 36 6
You were close friends with Keith before he dropped from the Garrison, so when fate brings you back together again to fight an evil alien emperor, fe...
281K 5.7K 107
I remember nothing of my past, but when I look up at the sky, I felt like I belonged somewhere other than here. I've asked myself why I was here, and...
104K 3.4K 30
After the fall of Zarkon and the return of Shiro, the Paladins -- along with Allura and Coran -- are in a state of comfort, enjoying each other's com...