More Than Just High School

By SVMBOOKWORM1

A tear rolled down my cheek,thinking about the past...the past that I have left behind to start afresh... Wit... More

FIRST DAY
SCREWED
COOKIES AND CREAM
NIGHTMARE
NOSTALGIA
RESCUED
THE CAFÉ AND THE PHONE CALL
GONE
MESSAGE
COMMITTED
THE INVITE
THE DATE AND THE BITCH
BETRAYAL- PART 01
BETRAYAL PART - 02
REVELATION
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!
I WAS A HORRIBLE PERSON

DEAL

23 2 4
By SVMBOOKWORM1

I reached the Slater's place. I had a major makeover so that they don't recognize me. I wore green coloured lenses and round glasses. I styled my hair in such a way that it covered half of my face. I drew a scar on my forehead with the help of makeup artist Diana Mclaire who is a part of our company.

I rang the doorbell. Maya welcomed me in. They had a beautiful daughter who was 3 years old and a son who was 10 years old.

" Hi I am Linda! Thank you so much for the babysitting job.", I said. I told my name was Linda so that they wouldn't know my real identity.

" I have hired you to babysit these kids for a week. Once my old babysitter is back she will take over again.", Maya said." Well the kitchen is there", she said pointing towards her left " And sandwiches are there on the table. Give it to them at 7 00 sharp. I will be back home by eight.", she said not even acknowledging my presence and storming out.

I had only a week to gather information about their project. I had to work fast. I started playing with the kids.

" Hey princess what is your name?", I askes the little girl who was playing with a toy car."I am Anna", she said looking at me." Whatever, I am Tom and I am outta here", the boy said and the next thing I heard was his room door slamming shut.He had a lot of attitude for a 10 year old.

I played with the girl until it was 7 00. I called Tom downstairs and seated the both of them on the dining table. They had their sandwiches." So where is Mr. Slater. I have heard so much about him. I really want to meet him.", I said trying to start a conversation.

"He is in Mauritius. He won't be back until next week. He has a meeting with Alexa Moransvky .",Tom replied.

" Alexa Moransvky! As in the woman who just acquired 700 million dollars?!", I asked shocked.

" Yeah. But he isn't a very nice man. I am waiting to be 18 so that I can move out.", he said. His jaw clenched and hand forming a fist." I am done. Thank you.", he said leaving the table.

He must be meeting her to get some funding for the project 'Garold 2.0'. The project he was currently working on.

I put Anna to bed. It was very early but she had insisted. I made my way towards the study and opened it. It was a small room with papers lying here and there on the table. I located the cctv camera chord and planned to cut it by tomorrow. I saw the painting of Maya,David and Anna.

"What are you doing here?", I heard a voice say. I turned around it was Tom.
" Umm...I was just wandering and came here.", I said.

"Come with me to my room.", he said and I followed. It was 7 30,Maya would be back in about 30 minutes.

"Slater is Satan. I hate him. I hate every bit of him. I want to destroy him and I know you are here for the same intention. I might look like a  naive 10 year old kid but I know everything about everyone.", he said with a smirk." How about a deal? I help you get the information you want and once we have destroyed him, you get me out of here so that I can go to my mom...",he said.

"Fine. But isn't Maya your mom?", I said. " This is my number", I typed it onto his phone."We will talk over text.", I said.

" Why do you hate him so much?Isn't Maya your mom?", I asked him.

" I hate him for what he did to my mom and Maya is not my mom.", he said with a straight face.

" How do I trust you?", I asked to test him.

"Well, once I tell you my story you will know.", he said." So tell me." I said.

"I was only seven-", he said but the doorbell rang. I  opened revealing Maya.

"It is great that you guys are getting along. Thank you Linda. Here are you 400 dollars.", she said handing me the money." I hope the kids have been good.", she said with a smile.

" Thank you.", I said leaving the house.

He didn't tell his story. While walking back home I received three texts.

Tom-  Call me after 2 hours.

Daniel- I need you babe. Brunch tomorrow at 12 00?

Monica- Deke  commited suicide.

The last text left me stunned not only because Deke had committed suicide but also because Monica had texted me after a year.

I sat down on the park bench,buried my face in my palms and cried...

***
Hey Guys! A lot more interesting stuff is coming up! Stay tuned!
Vote,Comment,Share and Follow!
Toodles😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 269 40
Hey! I'm Raven Stone. Ever wondered what it feels like to be popular? A few months back I didn't have to think about things like that, I basically h...
1.2M 38.4K 61
Camryn has always been the outcast. The fact that she was adopted as a baby labels her as some sort of freak, but in reality she's the same as everyo...
845 94 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
20 3 12
In the halls of St. Gabriel's High School, Ezekiel reigns as the charismatic bad boy, charming his way through senior year with a devil-may-care atti...