𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐲, lab rats...

By itiswhatitisboi

" ι'м no longer ѕυrprιѕed anyмore" нe ѕнooĸ нιѕ нead. "yoυ need тo ѕтop pυѕнιng yoυrѕelғ away ғroм people" ┊... More

epigraph
✼ ҉ 2 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 3 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 4 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 5 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 6 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 7 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 8 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 9 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 10 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 11 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 12 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 13 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 14 ҉ ✼
✼ ҉ 15 ҉ ✼

✼ ҉ 1 ҉ ✼

8.4K 129 20
By itiswhatitisboi

"How much longer do we have to stay like this?" Kaz groaned.

Skylar turned and hit his shoulder. "Shhh!"

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"What is with all the secrecy, Mr Davenport? Where are we?" Bree asked while the three of them exited the elevator.

"You are on the 110th floor of Davenport Tower, the most technologically advanced skyscraper in the world." Mr Davenport swipes a card, and the door behind him opens. "And this-" he enters, spreading his arms out to reveal the vast penthouse. "-is your new home."

The two bionics follow him inside, eagerly glancing around.

"Woa, check out that view!" Chase exclaims, hopping the glass to see the other towers surrounding theirs.

"Seriously, this place is amazing." Bree smiles, looking around at the details focused into the building.

"Not bad, huh? This place is where I spent my years as a bachelor. Boy, these walls could talk." Mr Davenport rests his hands on his hips in satisfactory.

"Wait," his smirk fell, "these walls actually can talk." He scurries over to a tablet, "Walls off! Walls off!" The man's eyes glistened with sudden worry as he frantically pressed buttons.

He let out a sigh, "You know what? Let's go out onto the terrace. I wanna show you something."

The two of them follow Mr Davenport onto the terrace to reveal an holographic emblem hovering in front of them. A big E and F met their eyes.

"This holographic emblem represents your new team, or as I like to call it, an elite force."

"Cool." Bree looked between her brother and Mr Davenport. "When do we get to meet the others?" Chase questioned as he crossed his arms.

"Right now." Mr Davenport spun the emblem with a visible proud grin.

The holograph disappeared and revealed four fellow teenagers posed in front of the bionics, all of them having their arms crossed.

"I used a 3-D hologram wall." Mr Davenport explained rather excitedly. Kaz, Skylar, Oliver, and Alex have been standing there the entire time."

The four of them broke their stone like faces and began to relax their stances.

"Five hours to be exact." Oliver said, sounding annoyed.

Skylar added, "Let's not forget the two hours we spent rehearsing how to stand."

"Obviously we need three hours, because you're still not doing it right," Davenport prompted, and adjusted Skylar's head back, who stood closest to him, to its original position it was in just moments before.

"It's great to see you guys!" Chase claimed and leaned over to Mr D saying, "What are they doing here?" However, he didn't quite bother to lower his voice to a whisper.

Skylar, who heard him, looked at Alex and Kaz before she then answered for Mr Davenport, "Mighty Med hospital was destroyed."

"What?"

Kaz dug his phone out from his pocket and pulled up a picture to show them, "This's all that's left of it."

Bree looked up at them, "Who would do something like that?"

Kaz slapped his phone against his palm while saying, "We don't know." Kaz glanced between the others and the bionics. "We lost a lot of super heroes that we cared about and we're not gonna stop until we find out who's responsible."

Mr Davenport looks at Bree and Chase, "They wanted to use my technology to track the criminals, but I had a better idea: to create an all-powerful team combining and superheroes."

"Well, where are the superheroes?" Bree asked.

Skyer jabbed her thumb at the girl beside her and the two boys.

"You're looking at them." Oliver told them with a smile and his gaze shifted to Kaz, who met his smile.

Chase and Bree shared a glance with each other, as Kaz proceeded to inform them with a laugh, "Oh, yeah. Oliver and I have superpowers now."

Chase's eyebrows lifted, "What? You fall into a vat of radioactive waste? Wait, no, don't tell me... bitten by a supernatural spider." He mocked them and pretended to be Spiderman with webshooters.

"Don't be ridiculous." Oliver shook his head. "While we were trying to stop my mother, also known as the evil villain, Mr Terror, from becoming the most powerful being on the planet, we made indirect contact with the Arcturion Space Rock which gave us a variety of superhuman abilities," making it sound out to be obvious.

"Oh, a magic space rock." Chase nodded along saracasticallg, "And was that delivered by a bunch of little green men?"

Skylar shared a quick look with Alex beside her and took a step toward Chase confidently. "You do realize I'm from another planet, right?" She asked him, her hand on her hip.

Chase stuck up a finger in remark, "I do now," taking a step back from Skylar, along with his own ego.

"You're gonna have to excuse Chase if he can't explain it with science, it doesn't exist." Bree clapped a hand on his shoulder. "Uh, kinda like his social life or his sense of humor or his ability to have fun."

Her brother shot daggers at Bree.

Bree then glimpsed at the girl she was unfamiliar with. "Anyways, what about you?"

"Oh!" Alex said, remembering they did not know her. "Right, I'm Alex Silver."

"Did you.." Bree tired asking, but wasn't sure how to summarize the way Oliver had explained on gaining powers.

"Yeah, um, that's a no. I'm from a different planet as well." Alex said, causing her to share a smile with the fellow alien beside her.

"Are your abilities similar to theirs?"

Alex shook her head. "Mine are closer to Skylar's. These two are more different."

"Come on. Do you really expect me to believe these two have.." Chase pointed at the two boys, his voice stopped short.

To justify their story, Kaz used his Pyrokinesis to make fire in his hand and aimed it at the fireplace inside, lighting it up with flames.

Chase stuttered, "But that– " He pointed at the fireplace. "But the human body can't– I'm watching you FireBoy." He wagged his end of his finger at Kaz.

"So, uh, can you shoot fire too?"

"No. Kaz has fire and heat powers, and I have water and ice. But, we can both do this..." Oliver proceeded to over to the terrace edge and jumped off, propelling himself to plummet to the ground.

Everyone except Kaz and Alex rushed to the terrace edge.

"Well," Chase patted Mr D on the back. "It was a good team while it lasted." At that moment, Oliver shot up, all the while screaming.

"What the?" Chase pondered aloud, taken aback.

He strode over near Kaz and Alex, with his eyes still fixated on Oliver in the sky.

Bree followed Oliver as he flew with her gaze. "Wow, he's pretty good."

"Wait for it." Skylar only said and held up a finger.

As Oliver flew down toward the terrace, Alex and Kaz take a step away from Chase at the same time, allowing Oliver to crash into Chase and knocking them both onto the hard floor.

"Sorry, still working on the landings," Oliver apologized.

"I still don't understand.." Chase grumbled underneath Oliver about the boy's newly gained powers.

"Neither do we," Alex muttered and Skylar chuckled lightly.

                          ****          **         ****

As everyone walked inside, Chase asked, "So, how did you guys manage to escape before Mighty Med was destroyed?"

"We were off capturing my mom. I mean, yeah she's an evil lunatic who will spend the rest of her life in prison, but if it weren't for her, we would of been killed." Oliver paused and smiled, "So, silver lining!"

From the kitchen, Bree commented, "You're an odd little man."

"Not the first time he's been told that," Alex said, knowing both alien girls have said that to Oliver within the span of knowing him.

"True." Oliver brushed it off with a shrug.

Mr Davenport walked down the stairs and he clapped his hands. "Okay, sleeping quarters are all set. Guys on the right, girls on the left, and the guy who made it all possible will be in the giant room at the end of the hall. Stay out of my pool."

Bree walked over to Alex and Skylar, putting an arm around each of them. "I'm just glad I finally get to share my room with girls."

"Oh, but don't forget I'm from another planet, so sometimes I spit acid in my sleep." Skylar reminded her.

Bree raised an eyebrow then peeked at Alex, who caught her glance. "Oh yeah, I don't do that. My planet wasn't as weird as her's is."

Skylar opened her mouth at Alex, who showed a small smirk to the fellow girl, and punched her in the arm.

"Was?" Chase piped up, noticing Alex mentioned her home planet in the past tense.

"It got destroyed a while back." The girl answered, receiving a rub on her back from Skylar and then gave her a brief smile. "It was like a nuclear earth, where we had powers and weren't mortals. I'm the only one left.."

"I'm sorry," Chase frowned, his voice rather quiet.

Kaz stared, studying Alex's sudden soft but closed off expression: she only allowed a small smile, masking her sudden dull sadness towards the matter. He knew the story. As her friend and fan of her comics, he understood her well.

Bree nodded and said, "Well either way, anything is an upgrade compared to what comes out of my brothers."

"Hey, Mr Davenport, we gotta start searching for those guys who destroyed our friends. Where's all that technology you promised us?" Kaz questioned, causing a change in the topic. He risked a glance at Alex, who had been looking at him, and received a mouthed "thank you" from her. The dark haired boy smiled and nodded. He knew her too well.

"I'm so glad you asked." Davenport grinned. "Hyper-lift open!"

The wall of the fireplace splits in two and revealed an advanced elevator.

"It's a voice activated secret passage!" Exclaimed a giddy Davenport.

"That is so awesome, and it seems like such a fire hazard!' Kaz pointed out.

With parts of her mind still focused on the subject of her past home, Alex, with her arms crossed, only hummed and nodded along.

"I used my Hydroloop technology to create an elevator that will take you from the penthouse to below the Earth's surface instantly. Step inside and let me show you." Donald said, ignoring Kaz's surprisingly logical input.

"I swear, does this dude just make up words?" Alex questioned aloud to no one specifically.

Kaz heard her quiet comment and let a grin grow on his lips.

They all moved to step inside but were stopped because of Donald's words, "Oh, oh wait.. me first."

Everyone filed in after watching Donald scurry in gleefully.

"Oh, FYI, I tend to get sick on any ride that has a big–" Oliver started to say but didn't get to finish, as the Hyper-lift shot downward. "–DROP."

The HyperLift stopped and opened. As the teenagers stepped out, Mr Davenport spread his arms once again. "Welcome to Mission Command."

"And just like that we're back in the basement," Bree commented to her brother.

As if he didn't hear her, and probably didn't or just chose not to, Donald proceeded to explain where they were. "This is your teams central Nervous system. This is where you'll train, plan missions, learn how things work before you touch them." He said, smacking Kaz's hand away from pressing anything on the center console.

Kaz tore his hands away quickly in surrender.

Suddenly, the older man's phone began to ring and he fished it out of his pocket. "Excuse me, I have a very important Daven-call to take."

Mr Davenport began walking towards the Hyperlift when Alex asked, "You can't just take it down here?"

"Well, I could, but then I wouldn't get to ride the Hyperlift again." Excitedly, the dark haired man raced toward the lift and with a scream, he shot back up to the 110th floor.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it, I'm very uncomfortable with that guy heading up this operation." Skylar said with a cross of her arms.

Alex hummed in agreement.

"All right, let's head out and start searching for the low lives who destroyed Mighty Med," Kaz suggested to the group of teens.

Alex glanced from behind Kaz at Skylar and raised an eyebrow, sharing a look.

"But we don't even know where to look," Oliver said behind his best friend, which caused Kaz to turn around to face him.

"Oh, we have to look somewhere. We'll go city by city starting here." Kaz looked between them. He pointed at Skylar, Bree, and Chase, "You guys take Uptown and the rest of us will take Downtown."

Chase shook his head at his new teammate and stepped in front of Bree. "Woah, woah, woah... we don't just go randomly looking for people. We have to devise a plan first."

Kaz furrowed his eyebrows and jabbed a thumb, referencing to what he had just said. "We're you not listening? I just did. Uptown, Downtown.. and I don't really know any other parts of town so, plan commenced!"

Alex placed a hand on the dark haired boy's shoulder. "Hon, he means an actual plan."

                          ****          **         ****

"Okay, the CyberDesk is compiling a database of all the superheroes at the hospital someone might have had a grudge against." Chase walked over to his sister as he talked. "In the meantime, I still need to know more about you guys."

Kaz spoke first. "Well I'm 5' 10", I'm a hearty mix of Irish and German' and I've been known to lie about my height."

Chase rolled his eyes and turned, "I meant, what other magical powers do you have?"

Oliver piped up. "Oh, uh, I have super strength."

Bree's eyes widened. "You?"

"Yes, me. Why does everyone act so surprised when I say that?"

"Because we can see your rib cage through your shirt." Skylar answered.

"Which happens to hang loosely off your body. You're a literal twig, dude." Alex added.

Oliver covers his rib cage with his arms and looks away.

"Guys get up here." Alex's head popped up, her eyes no longer on the consoles, upon hearing Donald Davenport over the intercom. "There's something strange going on."

The group of teens take the Hyperlift back upstairs.

Skylar was the first to exit, and pointed at a large picture frame. "Woah, that is strange."

Alex shifted for get a bitter view and tried hard to stifle a laugh and hide her expression, having felt she'd seen something she shouldn't have. Then again, it looked he was trying to hang it up, her eyes having noticed the nail in the wall it leaned against.

The picture was of Donald, being showered in money with a wide grin plastered on his pale face. Alex struggled to tear her eyes away from the horrifying image and shuddered.

Donald rolled his eyes, possibly far enough that Alex thought they would roll right out of their sockets. "Not that! Outside! Something flew by the window." He nodded his head in the direction of the terrace glass doors.

Bree walks toward the large portrait. "Well, I know something that's gonna fly out the window."

Alex laughed and Bree glanced at her with a small grin.

"No, I'm serious." Davenport frowned. "There is something out there!"

Bree turned in the direction towards the terrace and both girls observe Chase looking out the window.

Suddenly, Chase yelled. "Get down!"

In an instant, glass smashed into millions of pieces onto the floor and everyone ducked for cover.

Donald stepped out of the HyperLift that he had rushed to in order to protect himself. "Is everybody okay?"

Skylar said, peeking out of her spot. "Yeah."

"Guys," Alex announced. "There's something on the floor."

Donald said, voice thick with sarcasm, "Yeah, about 36 thousand dollars worth of glass."

"No... its some sort of gift box." Oliver picked up a black box and began to open it.

"Stop. Dude", Kaz rushed toward Oliver and took it from his best friend. "What are you doing? You gotta open the card first."

Chase snatched the mysterious box out of Kaz's hand. "No! Don't open anything. It could be rigged to blow this place apart. I'll use my bionic eye to scan it." He pressed two fingers to his temple. "It's a flash drive. I can download its contents onto my internal hard drive and play it back for everyone in Mission Command."

"Who would blast our penthouse just too toss a flash drive in the window?" Bree asked.

"That's why you gotta open the card first." Kaz mumbled.

Everybody's down in Mission Command as Chase scanned the flash drive onto the CyberDesk, while everyone watched.

"It's a video message."

Chase swiped the video message up onto the screen across the room. Two masked figures appeared on the screen in dark clothing in front of a heavily graffitied place in the city.

"Destroying your little hospital was just the beginning." The person on the right began. "We're on the hunt for every superhero that remains, and soon they will all be extinct."

The second person continued. "And once you've watched us eliminate them, we're coming for you, Oliver, Kaz, and Skylar, and anyone else dumb enough to protect you."

"Honestly? A bit bummed I got left out." Alex sighed, trying to bring a lightness on the heavy mood.

Without a warning, the message cut out, resulting in just utter black darkness on the screen.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked. "And don't say check the card first." He shot a glare at his best friend.

"Whoever it was, it's obvious they've been watching us. I'm gonna go activate the penthouse security perimeter and get those windows replaced." Donald said, leaving the room.

"See!" Kaz cried, extending out his hand in annoyance. "This is exactly why I wanted to go out and find them first!"

"As soon as we finalize a plan–" Chase began.

Kaz cut the bionic off. "Okay, forget your plan! If we don't stop them, they're gonna take out every last superhero including us!"

Alex narrowed her eyes, a brow slightly lifted. The burst of rage from Kaz was a bit uncharacteristic.

"Well they're gonna take us out a lot faster if we go into this thing unprepared!" Chase argued and sighed. "Look, I wanna find them too. But, we have to be smart about this. We have no idea what we're up against."

"He's right Kaz." Bree agreed with her brother. "We have to be careful."

"Skylar. Back me up on this." Kaz pleaded.

"We'll get them, its just gonna take some time." Skylar told him.

Kaz's gaze shifted to Alex. He asked her with his eyes, and she instantly understood.

"Kaz, you know me, I want this as much as anyone. I hate losing people I care about." She bit her lip. "But I'm sorry, I agree with the others. We can't go into this blindly, especially with how easily Mighty Med was destroyed."

Kaz looked hurt and was struck by her words.

As a last resort for support, he turned to his best friend. "Oliver?"

Oliver shook his head slightly and doesn't answer.

"Oh come on." Kaz groaned. "Not you too, dude, we have to do this. For Mighty Med!"

"I know." Oliver said. "I just... I think we should play it safe."

Kaz scoffed. "Safe? None of us are safe with those two on the loose!" He sighed, "You know, I never though being part of an Elite Force would mean sitting around doing nothing!"

Kaz marched out of the room.

"God," Alex groaned. "I hated saying that you were right." The girl said, glancing over at the intelligent bionic.

Chase raised his eyebrows slightly at her.

Her gaze shifted shortly back to where she had watched Kaz storm away, lingering there for a small moment.

╚══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

551K 9.8K 100
"Turn your face towards the sun, Let the shadows fall behind you, Don't look back, Just carry on, And the shadows will never find you" ...
68.1K 1.9K 23
"𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝗼 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝗼𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬." A near-death experience ends with...
285K 3.2K 13
❝𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 𝑈𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐸𝐷.❞ 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈�...
55.2K 1K 22
Your Y/n L/n your have powers but only because your evil mother used you as a science experiment. You have Sonic waves that come from your hands, ni...