Billion Dollar Wedding | βœ“

By SabhyataSahu

For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titl... More

Blurb
1. β€’Ξ” Arianna Ξ”β€’
2. β€’Ξ” Heads Up Ξ”β€’
3. β€’Ξ” The First Meeting Ξ”β€’
4. β€’Ξ” Ego Assembled Ξ”β€’
5. β€’Ξ” The Deal Ξ”β€’
6. β€’Ξ” My Momma Ξ”β€’
8. β€’Ξ” New Association Ξ”β€’
9. β€’Ξ” Awkward Ξ”β€’
10. β€’Ξ” Surprise Visitor Ξ”β€’
11. β€’Ξ” New Beginning Ξ”β€’
Discover My Other Stories!
12. β€’Ξ” How Did I Get So Lucky Ξ”β€’
13. A Walk Down the Aisle & Memory Lane
14. β€’Ξ” First Dance Ξ”β€’
15. β€’Ξ” JenVeer Ξ”β€’
16. β€’Ξ” Social Media Ξ”β€’
17.β€’Ξ” Honeymoon Planning Ξ”β€’
18. β€’Ξ” Slumber Party Ξ”β€’
19. β€’Ξ” B!rthday & Surpr!ses Ξ”β€’
20. β€’Ξ” Butterfly Kisses & Betrayal Ξ”β€’
21. β€’Ξ” Together Ξ”β€’
22. β€’Ξ” True Face Ξ”β€’
23. β€’Ξ” Rock Bottom Ξ”β€’
24. β€’Ξ” Brianna Ξ”β€’
25. β€’Ξ” Ari Ξ”β€’
26. β€’Ξ” Ari + Brianna Ξ”β€’
27. β€’Ξ” Mask Unveiled Ξ”β€’
28. β€’Ξ” Inheritance Ξ”β€’
29. β€’Ξ” Worthy Of You Ξ”β€’
30. β€’Ξ” New Beginning Ξ”β€’
31. β€’Ξ” Next Step Ξ”β€’
32. β€’Ξ” Karma Ξ”β€’
33. β€’Ξ” Revenge Ξ”β€’
34. β€’Ξ” Cards On TableΞ”β€’
35. β€’Ξ” Catharsis Ξ”β€’
36. β€’Ξ” GoodBye Ξ”β€’
37. β€’Ξ” Together Forever Ξ”β€’
Authors' Note
My Dream Cast
Playlist
38. β€’Ξ” Separazione Ξ”β€’
39. β€’Ξ” I'll Wait for You Ξ”β€’
40. β€’Ξ” New York Ξ”β€’
41.β€’Ξ” Put A Ring On It... Ξ”β€’
42. β€’Ξ” Like A Fairy tale Ξ”β€’
43. β€’Ξ” Epilogue Ξ”β€’
❄❆ Gratitude & New Story Update ❆❄
Not An Update
❄❆ New Story Update ❆❄

7. β€’Ξ” How I Dug ,My Own Grave Ξ”β€’

13.9K 516 35
By SabhyataSahu

Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want

My castle crumbled overnight

I brought a knife to a gunfight

They took the crown, but it's alright

All the liars are calling me one

My mom is out shopping with Arianna, again. I had already overshared by telling her how much I love my mom. The emotion behind was to make sure Arianna doesn't bring the contract marriage in front of her. But now I fear she might try to take advantage of my vulnerability. When mom called yesterday, I took a breath of relief but it soon came in heavy pants, since they are again meeting today. Arianna could be greedy like her parents but something tells me she won't be a good liar. So, I begged mom not to ask her any questions about our relationship. I hated lying to her, yet I told her that If she asks her too many questions, Arianna might start second-guessing her decision to marry me.

Yesterday, I had scheduled back-to-back meetings to take things off of my mind. But I have already done doing my work today. So, I decided to meet my best friend Ranveer Ahuja. He was not in town when all this happened. And we have a lot to catch up on now. So that's why I am sitting in his office to tell him that his best friend is engaged and set to marry in 8 days.

"Wait. .wait. .wait... So your father and your evil stepbrother came to offer you an arranged marriage and you just agreed." Ranveer asked for the third time, raking hands over his long wavy black hair that reaches his shoulder.

"First of all, he is not evil..." Ranveer rolled his eyes "...and yes, I don't trust him but evil. That's immature Ranveer. And I did not just agree, we had a discussion. Then we came to an agreement." I lie.

"So basically you whined a little and then agreed to everything. And why isn't Liam doing anything about it? I'm sure he had tried to get the girl and the company." He raised a brow his dark brown eyes squinting in suspicions, voicing my own. Arianna is beautiful and Liam wants everything beautiful and the things I want. When he came to my office with dad, he didn't look defeated. In fact, he was happy. Which is peculiar for him. He gets what he wants and instead of cherishing them, Liam sets his eyes on his next conquest. Be it a woman or deal. It's the same for him.

Ranveer here has his own reasons to hate him. We both didn't like Liam for his aggressive competition. I joined the company early because I was afraid Liam might actually take things from me. Then Ranveer also joined as an intern to keep me company. During that time he grew close to Sarah our another intern, but later she started giving him cold shoulder. Apparently, Liam had started to take interest in Sarah too, only to dump her later. We all know it was done to piss Ranveer off. But he stayed in the company and after graduating, he joined his father's company, the Ahuja industries.

Ranveer couldn't help but come up with possible scenarios that Liam had deliberately created to frame me. He is my best friend. I didn't want to lie to one more important person in my life. And telling him the truth won't hurt him. My shoulders sag in defeat, as I narrate to him everything that happened.

6 Days Ago

The door to my office flung opened and I sat upright in alarm. My secretary Mrs. Griffin had a similar emotion of dread in her blue eyes. Her salt and pepper brows knitted, lips curled down like a child stretching her laughter lines that have become permanent since she turned 50 last year. I give her a hesitant nod to go ahead with the bad news she has to deliver that couldn't wait for a single knock on the door.

"Axel, Mr. Knight has called to cancel your next meeting, he and Mr. Liam are coming here, to discuss some urgent matter..." She gave me an apologetic smile, all aware of how biased my father is when it comes to Liam and me. It's not often my dad risks having Chihuahua and rottweiler alone in a room when mom isn't around to pacify the situation.

"And he also asked me to leave for the day. Is there anything else you would like me to do?" Mrs. Griffin asks carefully. It's better she leaves. How many times is she doing to pretend to be deaf to the yells that carry out to her desk in front of my small office, as my father scolds me for something Liam has done.

"No thank you, Mrs. Griffin. Have a nice day ahead." I say in resignation, loosening my tie inhaling deep breathes. Dad is coming with him. This cannot be good.

"Axel, my boy." Dad hugged me, his arms closing around me longer than he usually does, as his hand soothed my shoulder.

"Dad?" I whisper in a slight perplexion, as I stayed rooted in my place when he didn't pull back. His voice had a different pitch, and his eyes looked defeated. We are of the same height, have the same hazel eyes and dark hair. His chest is broader than mine and he is more on the rugged side. But as we kept hugging his physique seemed to appear smaller against mine. The haunting memories of my childhood when dad came to tell me that my mom is no longer with us cracked my heart again. I peer at Liam but he was looking out the glass window, disinterested. Rascal. I want to poke his icy blue eyes, which hold so much evil in them. The kind of evil my parents can't see through their love glasses.

When he pulled back, his hands clasped my shoulders, giving it a squeeze. And Matthew Knight was back. His eyes darted towards Liam then back at me.

"Liam."

"Axel." We only say as we give each other a forced smile. As they took a seat on the couch, Liam grimaced at the slight squeaky sound from the leather. At the time when I was getting my own space, Liam decided that it would be a good idea if we didn't do the renovations on the new office space to cut back expenditures.

"Mr. Bell and I had a meeting yesterday. It was about to merge our company for which I had already agreed, but he also proposed his daughter's hand in marriage..." I don't like where this is going. "For you." He completed, looking down at his feet.

Fucking no way in hell I'm going to marry her. Jessica Bell is a slut and not just any typical one, a very special one. She just can't take a hint. Her actions are downright cheap, she looks like a diva but the moment she opens her mouth, she shows how deceiving looks can be. I have seen her at nightclubs every now and then. I myself am a manwhore. But I don't call anyone with that degrading name, I had just used to describe Jessica. But again, Jessica Bell is a special case. Even though she is a millionaire she still behaves like a wannabe, drools over any guy wearing Armani, or driving a luxury car. And don't even get me started on her dressing sense.

"No way dad, it's not gonna happen. Me and Jessica, NEVER." I snap, standing up ready to bolt out. This conversation is over for me.

"Listen to me." Dad's voice boomed, It was not a request. From the corner of my eyes, I see Liam bite his cheek to hold his laughter. Of course, he is enjoying it. I have no doubt he is the originator of this mess.

"I am talking about his younger daughter, Arianna..." Another one in training.
"...I haven't given my word to Mr. Bell about the marriage, but I'm telling you now. She is a great girl and I want you to marry her." He also stood up meeting my gaze, looking like the ruthless businessman he is. Liam followed his move like a trained puppy.

"How could you do that. How could you decide who I am supposed to marry, without even asking me? This is the 21st century, dad. What the hell is wrong with you" I shout on top of my lungs. Dad's gaze didn't waver but I noticed the slight sadness in them, my hands trembled cause of the unhinged anger I am feeling towards him and shame for raising my voice on him. We love each other, but we had never been the picture-perfect father-son duo to go out camping, working on his car on Sundays. When Liam joined the company he showed him the ropes, when I came, he just let me be.

"Will you please at least let, dad, finish what he is saying" Liam requested in his golden boy voice. Like he has the patience of a monk. And my body simmered with anger.

"Why the fuck are you here.? This is our familial matter." I say through greeted teeth. As soon as the words come out, I regret it. I shouldn't have said that, it's not that I care about Liam or my father's feelings, but I care a lot about my mom and If she heard what I had said, it will hurt her deeply.

My father tensed at my harsh words. Liam was brimming with hostility but instead of retaliating, he headed to leave. I know it's all an act to behave like a perfect good son in front of dad. I shouldn't have let him get under my skin. Fuck.

"That's enough. Liam, you are not going anywhere. You are a part of the family as much as Axel is and you..." He pointed his finger at my chest, his eyes filled with resentment, I drop my head down in shame.

".... listen to me carefully when I say it. Mr. Bell and I have signed a deal to work together already. The details are in this file." He tossed them at my desk, the documents fell out scattering all over. Dad took a step back, when I glanced at him my vision had turned blurry. And I realized that I have tears gathered in my eyes. The last time I had cried was at my mother's funeral. Dad's throat worked upon noticing them. But he continues, his voice loosening the previous harshness.

"Mr. Bell also asked for your hand in marriage for his daughter. I said I will talk to you about that. But now I have decided I am going to say yes and you, my son, are going to marry her and there is nothing you can do about it. You will go meet her tomorrow. I will go talk to Mr. Bell and inform him that you have said yes. And don't you dare misbehave with Arianna tomorrow. You better be there on time. I don't want to hear any complaints, the wedding will take place in two weeks and that's final. And remember, this company is still under my name and you are just an employee here." He threatened. A muscle in my jaw ticked, as I ground my morsels in anger. He left my office giving me another hard look as I stood there dumbfounded.

My gaze darted to the man responsible for this. Liam. I was ready to confront him through my fists. But that asshole looked pale. Shocked by my father's sudden outburst, isn't that what he had craved. When he left on unsteady legs, I perch on my desk resting my palms on my knees. What have I gotten into?

*****

I spent my entire afternoon thinking about life as a married man, have a woman parading around in my house 24*7. Not even in college, I had shared my space with my girlfriend for the whole day. In the evening, I decided to visit my parent's house. I could use some help from my mother. She will not like to have her favorite son to marry over a business deal.

As I rounded the car on the porch, mom came out, standing on top of the stairs.

"Hey mom, how are you." I kissed her cheek. Surprised that she didn't scold me for not giving her a heads up, so she could cook more than I can eat.

"I am good. And thank god you came, Your father seemed tense since he came back. Do you know what it is about..."

"Actually that's exactly what I am here for. But I really need your support on this." I say giving her my pretty boy smile.

"Sure, boy. He is in the study. You go and I will bring some coffee." I nodded, striding for his home office. Dad didn't even bother to look at me. So I decided to speak my mind, get the hell out of here. Then probably take a few days off from work and vacation with Ranveer.

"Dad, I want to talk about what happened today. I shouldn't have talked to Liam like that." I start.

"Liam, is very mature, unlike you. Is there anything else?" He drawled, not even looking my way. That's it.

"Yes, Actually. I am not going to marry that girl and there is nothing you can do about it. I will talk to mom, tell her everything and let's see what she has to say...." Now that was immature, pulling my mom into this. But I don't have many options. "So my marriage with Arianna Bell-"

"What.?" My words stopped short when I heard my mother shriek. Dad and my gaze turned towards her in alarm, as we shared a look in perplexion.

She was holding a tray in her hand with three cups of coffee. And that crazy look she has in her eyes. No, I don't like it. Mission abort, God save me. I should have known better, she was expecting me so she had everything already prepared, giving me no time to speak to dad.

"You want to get married. I didn't even know you were dating someone." She whined. Shoving the tray in my stomach. Ouch.! She stomped towards dad's desk, he stood up giving her his place. Resting his arm around mom's shoulder, he gave me a triumphant smile. I just handed my ass to him.

"Who is this girl, Matthew. And he told you about her and not me." She says, her voice wavering.

"It's Arianna Bell, Brandon Bell's daughter." My dad said apologetically, bowing his head while I watch the drama unfold.

"Is this some kind of modern Romeo and Juliet love story? Is that why you didn't tell me." She was excited like a teenage girl. While I just stood there like the idiot I am. Before I could say anything, dad spoke.

"Yes it is and I said yes. They are getting married in two weeks before the Bells have second thoughts. And you know how mercenary Brandon is..." My mom was quick to nod in agreement, "So I had to agree for a business merger as well." My manipulative father sighed like a martyr, using the love I have for mom against me.

Mom came to give me a hug. "I am so happy for you, Axel. You should have told me sooner. And I want to meet this girl as soon as possible." She gushed, kissing my forehead as her eyes watered.

"You can meet her in a few days. Tomorrow, he's going to tell Arianna the news that we have agreed to the wedding. Now, if you don't mind we have some business to discuss, please." Dad requests, dismissing her with a charming smile.

"Oh, sure." She chuckles, giving me another hug before leaving.

As soon as the door closed behind her, My father's kind smile fell.
"Think twice before threatening me next time, son." My father spoke nonchalantly. But I know he had just challenged me to question his authority again. I knew using my mom was a low blow, but never in my life, I had thought this one cheap trick would backfire on me in the most brutal way. And now, not only I have to marry Jessica's sister but I also have to keep the story. So, I don't hurt my mom.

I was at the door when I asked the question that has been nagging me since the moment dad spoke to me about the wedding. "Dad, are you under some duress.?"

"NO." He only spoke, meeting my eyes. And I knew he was telling the truth and there is no backing out now. Mathew Knight is a man of his words.

******

Namaste, reader!!! I hope you liked the chapter. If you did then please don't forget to VOTE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave your precious COMMENTS behind.

I would love it if you check out my other stories, 'Aurora's Aura' 'Mafia & Miss Honey' 'Becoming Romeo' 'Violet Hues' & ''His Captive'. The story link is on my profile.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 20.6K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thornsπŸ₯€ He was the thorn that would destroy herπŸ”± Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...
469K 17.7K 39
-When her husband marries another girl- --- There is a price to be paid for giving up your heart. There is a price to be paid for wasting eight y...
7.4K 547 21
"I don't care if our marriage was a business deal; I'm rewriting the contract to ensure my happiness comes first." ~Aahana "We've weathered storms th...
287K 10K 56
❝Leave me alone!", I shouted at him as he pulled me forcefully towards himself. "Oh come on, girl! Don't be a fool! Women are dying for me there are...