Dancing Alone (DI1D Sequel)

By curly1718

It's been almost five months since Kora was forced out of London and had to move back to New York. She hates... More

Dancing Alone (DI1D Sequel)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 36

12K 227 105
By curly1718

WARNING: this is going to be a kinda long Author's Note so if you don't care about why I haven't uploaded in what feels like forever, please feel free to skip past all the bold print.

Okay, so if you guys saw my message, you'll know I've been really sick all this week, so sick my mom wouldn't let me go to dance (I nearly died without dance). I'm just now feeling better so that really put a damper (did I seriously just say that?) on my plans for the week. My goal was to do my homework as soon as I got in from school so that I would have all this weekend to focus on writing, but unfortunately, with me getting sick, as soon as I got home I would crash and sleep until it was time for dinner, so my homework kind of piled up. Also, being sick and sleeping so much meant it was literally impossible for me to write. I couldn't think straight and everything I tried to type sounded awful, so I didn't even bother. But I'm feeling a lot better now and hopefully I'll be able to actually do my homework this week and write more. All the rest of the important stuff is going to be at the end of the chapter so please read that when you're done to see some announcements!

xx Shel

Chapter 36

“Hey, guys!” I waved at the camera I was holding out in front of me. It had been a week since Paul uploaded our backstage video from the concert and it had had such a great reaction that Paul told me I could start vlogging the tour if I wanted to. I had brought the idea up to him before, but he said I wouldn’t have time, but now with my injury I had all the time in the world. “So, we’re currently in the hotel in Atlanta, Georgia, and we just got here about an hour ago. We have today off then tomorrow we’ll have rehearsals and the show. Then we go to… I can’t remember what’s next.” I glanced over my shoulder and shouted to Niall. “Hey, babe?”

He came out of the bedroom, his phone pressed to his ear. “What’s wrong?”

“Oh, nothing. Sorry, I didn’t know you were still on the phone. I was just going to ask where we were heading after Atlanta.”

“It’s fine. Tampa then Fort Lauderdale.”

“We only have two shows left!?”

He nodded. “Insane, I know. I gotta get back to this call, love.”

“Right, yeah.” I waved as he walked to our room. “Okay, yeah. That was Niall obviously. He’s on the phone with Paul, I believe. Anyway, in case you couldn’t hear him, we only have two stops left! That means this weekend I get my cast off and get a boot instead! Woo-hoo!” I did a happy dance that caused me to fall off the arm of the couch and land on the cushions. I let out a noise as my cast landed on the floor and sent a vibration up my leg that made me cringe.

“Red?” Niall called.

“I’m fine, Ni! Promise!” I shouted back, pulling myself into a sitting position and repositioning the camcorder. “Sorry, guys. I’m a massive klutz. Okay, well that’s all I have to say for now. I’ll record some more tonight when we get together for dinner. Bye, for now!” I turned the camera off and sat it on the glass coffee table.

I looked around the room for a minute, then grabbed my crutches and hoisted myself to my feet. I could stand pretty normally now, meaning I could actually put pressure on my foot, so it was quite a bit easier to get around now. I was in the bedroom Niall and I were sharing in under two minutes instead of the ten it used to take. He was hanging up the phone as I came in.

“Hey,” I said, leaning against the doorframe.

He glanced over his shoulder, an instant smile appearing on his lips. “Hey, there. Finish your vlog for the day?”

“Yep. Were you talking to Paul?”

“Yeah…”

I frowned at the depressed look that came over his face. “What’s wrong?”

“My guitar got lost somehow… We have to go get me a new one.”

“Oh, no! I’m so sorry, Nialler!” I hobbled over to the bed and flopped down beside him, attempting to hug him but instead I ended up whacking him in the shin with one of my crutches. “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! I’m such a klutz.” I put my hand over my mouth in shock then tried to hug him again.

Niall, of course, was pretty much dying from laughter. “Don’t worry, Red. I’m fine.”

“I whacked your freaking shin, most normal people would be keeled over from pain, not laughter.” I shook my head at this crazy boy.

He chuckled and shrugged. “I never claimed to be normal, ya know.

“That’s right, you’re my special snowflake.”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Did you take your pain medication?”

“Mayyyybe.”

“You did. You’re not bein’ sassy like usual.”

I giggled, falling backwards on my back. “The doctor told me to!”

“When did you take them?”

“About thirty minutes ago?”

“Of course they’re just now kickin’ in.” He rolled over so he was leaning over me. “You’re crazy when you’re on your medication.”

I pouted, jutting out my lower lip and batting my eyelashes. “That’s mean.”

“It’s true.”

I crossed my arms over my chest and peered up at him. “Meanie-butt.”

He chuckled because quickly kissing the tip of my nose, making that typical warmth spread to my cheeks. “Stop being cute.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and rolled my eyes.

“There’s my Red!” He fell on me, winding his arms around me as he laughed in my ear.

I wiggled in his arms. “You’re squishing me!”

Still chuckling, he propped himself up and smirked. “You have a lot of mood swings when you’re on these pills.”

I shrugged, knowing it was the unfortunate truth. The medication did weird things to me and I didn’t like it, but Niall found it hilarious.

“How do you feel about goin’ to the aquarium with Harry and the lads from the band while Paul and I go find me a guitar?”

“That sounds like fun. I haven’t gotten to hang out with Harry and Josh since the tour started.”

“Good. The aquarium is opening a few hours early so you guys can go enjoy it without getting mobbed. Harry, Josh, Jon, Sandy, Dan, Lou and Lux, and Andy will be here in thirty minutes.”

“Niall! More warning would be nice!” I jumped up-well, if you can count hopping up onto one foot then hopping across the room jumping-and started scrambling through my suitcase for a suitable outfit.

Niall reached around me and pulled out my white lace dress, denim shirt, one of my brown riding boots, and one of my cream colored knee high socks and laid them across my lap. I looked at the clothes then back up at him and smiled. “I wore this on our very first date.”

He brushed my hair away from my face. “I know. It’s always been my favorite.”

I held the outfit to my chest and let him pull me to my feet.

*****

I ran the flat iron over my bangs again, making sure they behaved. The rest of my cherry red hair was in its natural waves and fell just over my shoulders. The blue ends were starting to fade, but there was still enough color to hide the bleached pieces of hair. A knock came on the bathroom door, followed by Niall poking his head in.

“You know, you’re lucky I’m not a jumpy person or I would have just hairsprayed you in the face for opening the door when I could have quite possibly been changing.”

Niall chuckled, shaking his head at me. “Someone’s feelin’ like herself again. I just wanted to tell you Josh is here.”

I nodded to let him know I acknowledged what he was saying as I continued to finish up my makeup. I leaned forward to apply some mascara and caught him staring at me in the mirror, making me blush. “What?”

He came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me. “You look beautiful.”

I patted his hands and smiled. “Thanks, but you say that no matter what I’m wearing.”

“That’s because you always look beautiful, but how about this? Right now you look absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking.”

My smile stretched from ear-to-ear as my gaze fell on the counter and my cheeks glowed red. “Whatever. You’re so….”

“Sweet?” He offered, winking at me in the mirror.

I chuckled. “As much as I want to come up with a good way to tease you right now, I must agree that you’re seriously the sweetest guy I’ve ever met.”

He beamed, showing off his braces as he kissed my cheek. “That’s only because it’s impossible to be anything less than nice and sweet to you.”

I giggled, then rolled my eyes. “Okay, now you’re just trying to get me to compliment you.”

“Nah, I’m just statin’ a fact.”

“Niall! Kora! Hurry up!” Josh yelled from some other part of the hotel room.

I grabbed my crutches and followed Niall to the living room where Josh was chilling on the couch.

“Hey, Joshy,” I greeted him, smiling as he stood up and pretty much ran at me.

He grabbed me in a hug and spun me around in a circle, carefully setting me on my feet when he was done. “I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever, Red!”

I laughed, repositioning myself on my crutches. “I see that. I missed you, too.”

“You better have. I haven’t had my other short ninja to terrorize the rest of the crew with.”

“Remember when we hid all the mics and the crew went insane?”

“And Paul threatened to kick us both off the tour?”

“Yes!” I laughed. “That was the best prank ever.”

Josh chuckled. “Right? When do you get that thing off your leg so we can be the ninjas again?”

“Tomorrow!”

He fist pumped. “Yes!”

“You two are so strange together…” Niall shook his head.

“We’re awesome, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I snapped my fingers at him.

A knock came on the paint chipped door. Niall went and opened it, revealing Harry and Sandy on the other side.

“So, um… Lou sent us up here to um… Come get Little um Red and Josh because we need to like… leave now,” Harry explained, tugging at his beanie.

I hugged Niall as Josh followed Harry out of the room. “I hope you find your guitar.” I stood on the toes of my good foot to kiss him. “I love you.”

He smiled a little, his blue eyes playful. “I love you, too. Have fun with the lads.”

“She will, bro!” Josh stated as he grabbed my hand and started to yank me out the door.

“Bye, Nialler!” I yelled over my shoulder, hobbling after Josh.

“Bye, Red!”

*****

The Georgia Aquarium is freaking awesome, okay. It was huge for one and for two it had incredible animals. In the tunnel going into the main part of the building there were three whale sharks, a ton of colorful fish, and a few other types of sharks. It was amazing. And there were otters! I love otters. And penguins! Penguins are adorable. At the moment, we were going to meet the dolphins. I love dolphins, so needless to say I was pretty freaking excited.

Josh let me hold onto his arm since it was too slick for my crutches and hobble into the room above the dolphin habitat. It was more difficult to move without my crutches, but I managed to make it to the edge like the caretakers instructed and kneel down. Josh held onto me to make sure I didn’t fall as the dolphin came to the surface and splashed in my face. I giggled and wiped the water away, holding my hand out flat with my palm down like I was told. The dolphin, Luna, popped up and tapped my hand, earning a small fish in return. I giggled again, feeling like a little kid I was so giddy. What am I saying? I act like a little kid the majority of the time.

“Are you recording this?” Josh asked Harry. I looked up to see Haz with his phone focused on me, smirking.

“Yeah! Niall will love to see her like this.”

I stuck my tongue out then grinned. “Hey, Niall! I wish you could be here. But look at this!” I bent over as Luna came to the surface again and kissed her head, earning a squeak from her as she went back under water. I looked back at the camera and smiled.

“Okay, that was adorable,” Lou laughed.

“I’m sending it to Nialler,” Harry said, tapping away on his phone.

Niall’s P.O.V.

My phone vibrated in my pocket as soon as Paul and I walked into the jewelry shop. I fished it out of me pocket and glanced at the screen seeing Harry had sent me a video. I turned the volume up on my phone and pressed play.

The video showed Kora at the edge of some water with Josh’s arms around her to keep her from falling in I guess. All the sudden, a dolphin popped up at the water and splashed Kora in the face, a giggle escaping her lips as she brushed the water away. Her face was lit up and she looked so happy, happier than she had been lately. I couldn’t stop a huge smile from spreading across my face.

Kora held her hand out over the water and the dolphin came up and tapped it’s nose to her palm, making her let out another round of laughs. Josh suddenly looked up and chuckled. “Are you recording this?”

“Yeah!” Harry said from behind the phone. “Niall will love to see her like this.”

He was right; I was loving every second of this video.

Kora looked at the phone and beamed, waving her hand in the air. “Hey, Niall! I wish you could be here. But look at this!” She leaned over to where the dolphin was just coming up for air again and kissed its head, smiling at the camera when she pulled away.

“Okay, that was adorable,” Lou said from somewhere of camera.

That was most definitely adorable.

“Niall, come on,” Paul said, bringing me back to reality.

We walked up to the counter, the man standing behind us smiling brightly as we did.

“What can I help y’all with?” He asked, his southern accent thickening his voice.

“I’m Niall Horan, I called earlier about a ring I saw on your website?” My palms started to sweat as I explained this.

The man nodded. “Ah, yes! I have it right here.” He grabbed a little velvet box from behind the counter and handed it to me. “Is it what you were looking for?”

I pulled the lid off with a shaking hand and immediately smiled. It was perfect, better than I had been able to tell from the picture online. “It’s beautiful. She’ll love it. I’ll take it.”

“Excellent! So, who’s the lucky lady?”

I felt the heat come to my face as I look down and smiled, stuffing my hands in my pockets. “My girlfriend, Kora.”

Continued author's note:

Okay, in the last chapter I asked you guys to give me suggestions for names to call y'all. My favorites were Seashells which @AyanaKay came up with and Cheesecakes which @rawrsalsa thought of, so I really need you guys to vote on which you like best! Please and thank you :)

Also, this story, believe it or not, will be ending soon. (cue the crying sund effects) I know, I'm sorry. But the question of the chapter is:

Should I make another installment in this series where it's three years later? So Kora would be 20, Niall would be 22, and so on. Comment below and leave your opinion. Thanks!

xx Shel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
97.3K 2.1K 66
*PEASE DO NOT STEAL THIS STORY* What happens when Rebecca, a dancer, gets hired as Harry's fake girlfriend by her uncle Simon? It's all to fix Harry...
1.8M 42K 38
'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed, Irish student trying to survive the in...
51.4K 498 28
"we arent friends" harry says "that is all we are best friends" louis yells out "friends dont do what we do" harry screams out can they get past the...