Hired by the Billionare

By IMyourNUMBER1GIRL

"I know this is a stupid question but Venice Halsey will you be my fake girlfriend?" He is the heir of the w... More

Hired by the Billionare
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 2O
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 [Last]
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 1: The New Beginning (2)
Chapter 2: There are two sides of the story left untold (2)
Chapter 3: The "Talk" (2)
Chapter 4: History itself repeating all over Again (2)
Chapter 5: It was just a kiss (2)
Chapter 6: Newfound Friendship (2)
Chapter 7: "I Love You" (2)
Chapter 8: No Judgments (2)

Chapter 12

11.8K 374 34
By IMyourNUMBER1GIRL

-Venice-

I stare into the dress mirror and comb through my hair. I notice some split ends were forming through my hair, I need a trim soon, i think.

I was wearing a light royal blue dress which Charles gave me for the party. He gave me some equipements for the party. Since he says that he doesn't want his fake girlfriend to look like a fool in front of the crowd.

I applied a light shade of my lipstick and i was good to go but i have to wait for Charles to pick me up at the hotel door.

I feel so insecure, though. Am i dressed too much or too light? I'm too scared to ask Charles. He's been a cold-hearted jerk to me. Speaking of Charles, i wonder what his parent's would say to me. Would they think of me as a girl from Brooklyn or a gold digger?

"Are you ready Miss Halsey?" Charles ask through the door of my guest room. He let me stay at his guest room for the night.

I jump back startled and regain my composure back. I put my comb down. I hadn't done anything to my hair since my curls were loose through the ends, so i just place some clips "Yes i'm ready"

Unlocking the door, i see Charles on his expensive black suit while holding a light royal blue necktie, How did he know i was wearing a light royal blue dress? His shoes are also blue! He smirks down at me, Yeah, Definitely a stalker. I think.

"Mind putting this on girlfriend?" Charles ask, holding out the tie to me, Is he making fun of me? Is this some kind of sick joke? Then again, I am his fake girlfriend.

"Can't you do it yourself?" i ask putting on a straight face.

"Well, were going to have to act like a lovey dovey couple later. Let's get down to some practices so we don't mess up. We wouldn't want to get caught in action right?" Charles says, his smirk never leaving his face.

I snatch the tie out of his hand and wrap it around his neck tightly. Charles coughs as he gave me a glare and i let it go a little. I angrily fix his tie into place. Why couldn't Charles be nice to me? I am acting as his fake girlfriend. He should be thankful that i said yes. I guess he wouldn't forget about that little incident that happened months ago, you knw, the kiss.

When i'm almost done with his tie. i look up and freeze. Charles is staring down at me with the most intense look that he could ever muster up. I gasp. My hands freeze on his tie, His eye's looks so..sincere. What? Charles is a cold-hearted jerk. He would never be sincere. I'm breathing hard now, i try to calm my breathing but Charles is still staring at me and i don't know why but it's keeping me frozen into place.

His hands go up and rest on my hand on his neck, it stays there for awhile and i'm so confused that my mind goes blank. He moves my hand from him "Are you done?"

I snap back into reality and jump away "Y-y-eah I'm done" Without meeting his eyes, i got back to the room and grab my purse and my phone. When i was about to grab my phone, i stop. What was that? It needs to stop. I'm just here as his fake girlfriend. Ground rules say: no falling in love.

I shrug that thought off and headed back into the hallway. I don't have time for silly imaginations. I don't want to give myself false hope, i don't want to let some man break my heart again. But it's already breaking. A thought says in my mind. I shake that thought off, no, i'm just his fake girlfriend. Venice. Remember that.

Charles is waiting at the door for me. My heels looks like i have grown an inch taller but he's still taller than me. We head out of the suite and into the elevator. It's tense. The air feels so thick and tense that when the elevator opens up again, I feel relieved when i got out.

The party is at one of the famous halls of the hotel. I didn't really pay attention when he told me about it. All i know is that there's gonna be famous celebrities and paparazzi's on the party. We walk towards a hall that i don't know and people were already gathering around to take some pictures. I caught a glimpse of paprazzi's on their way to the door.

Charles gives his name and party name and the person nodded his head vaguely and pointed towards the two white French doors, two guards were standing beside it and the paparazzi's were getting in and snapping pictures. I guess that's where the party would be at. The guards open the door each for us.

The first thing that i noticed is the bunch of food gathered around the center. People were around and talking to their friends. Paparazzi's were snapping pictures around. I caught a glimpse of Selena Gomez talking to some blonde girl, i almost fainted when i saw One Direction gathered around the bunch of food. A large chandelier was on the ceiling. What kind of party is this? Rihanna was there sitting on one table while eating and talking to someone.

"Charles?" We both heard a girl's voice call his name behind us. Without hesitations, Charles slip his hands into mine and turned around.

"Kendall" He says the girl's name. My eyes widen in dismay. Here standing in front of us was Kendall Jenner, Charles ex girlfriend. She was wearing a short black dress with blue heels. Her hair was straightened and as always, she looks so beautiful. How could these two lovely couple break up?

I look down at myself in embarassment. I'm no pretty girl like her. She was way too perfect for me. I'm just an ordinary girl from Brooklyn whose wearing a light royal blue dress while holding the ever famous Charles Delacorte's hand "How nice of you to come to my party" Kendall says as she smiles at her ex boyfriend.

Charles hand tightend on mine "Well, my parents just told me to come" he says and i look up to see the two ex couple glaring at each other. I caught a glimpse of Kendall rolling her eyes. Kendall look at the person beside Charles, which was me, her eyes landed on me as she looked down at me from head to toe.

"And you are?" Kendall ask me as her hands were placed on her waist.

I was about to introduce myself to her when..

"She's my girlfriend" Charles suddenly says as he planted a kiss on my cheek. Kendall looks at us disgustedly.

Before she could even utter a reply someone behind her wraps his arms around her waist "Hey babe" a curly guy greeted Kendall. My jaw hang open. That curly guy is Harry Styles. I felt Charles grip tightened on mine. I look over at him. His eyes were strucken. He looks like his heart was broken into pieces like mine.

"Charles, you remember Harry Styles?" Kendall suddenly says over to her ex boyfriend as she gave him a playful smirk. Harry smiles politely towards the both of us as his hands were around Kendall's waist.

"Yeah, Hi Harry" Charles voice deepened. I could hear his slight British accent again. I tried to look away from the deep tension in the air. Kendall was glaring at Charles and me, Charles was glaring at Kendall and Harry, Harry was smiling politely at the two of us, and I? I was trying to look away.

"You must be Venice?" Someone suddenly says my name behind me and I felt myself freeze into place. Charles cough loudly and turn the both of us around.

"Mum" Charles greeted his mother with a smile. His mother smiles back at him and her eyes landed on mine. My throat was kinda dry adding to the fact that Charles Delacorte's mother is here, looking at me expectantly in the eye.

Like Kendall, she too observed me from head to toe "You must be my son's girlfriend?" She says as she look at me. A sweat trickle down my back, i was nervous. I felt insecure of myself again. I was not that pretty like Kendall and i was not that perfect like Charles mother.

"Um, yeah" i blurted out.

That was the only word that i could ever muster up on my mouth. His mother nodded her head vaguely and look over at Charles expectantly in the eye and left the room. That was it? She didn't evenn introduce herself to me.

"My dad couldn't come since he left for L.A. this afternoon" Charles whispers through my ear and i nodded my head as he leads me to people. He introduced me towards one of the celebrities, Shailene Woodley, from the Fault in Our stars. She was a good friend of Charles.

"It's nice to finally meet you Venice!" Shailene says warmly as she gave me a smile. I reply her with a smile and nod in my head "C'mon talk! Don't be shy!" she giggles and Charles let out a laugh.

Oh my gosh, i'm fangirling right now. Shailene Woodley is talking to me. She looks so beautiful. She is such a lovely person.

"Um. it's nice to meet you too Shailene" I say shyly. She suddenly gave me a hug and pulls away quickly, she smiles at me again "I think we'll be good friends" she says and excused herself to the bathroom.

A smile slowly crept down my lips, suddenly, Charles hands were on my waist as Kendall and Harry passed at us. Kendall gave him a glare and he gave her a smirk. Is he using me for rebound? A thought suddenly says in my head. I drag Charles out of the party and into the boy's bathroom. Thankfully, no one was here to distrub the both of us "Are you using me to get back on Kendall?" I suddenly blurted out.

He suddenly claps his hand in dismay "You've figured it out, hoorah!" he says and rolls his eyes. I roll my eye secretly at him too.

"I am indebt with you but i would not agree myself to be a rebound" I say "I may have said a little white lie about you but i can't be your fake girlfriend Charles"

He coughs loudly and push me on the wall, his body was on mine and his eyes were staring deeply towards me "You don't know what happened Miss Haley, so, bear with me for a little while" his slight british accent appears again. Whenever he talks to me in a deep voice, his british accent would appear.

"And why would i do that?" i say and cross my hands over my chest. My breathing was hard and i'm trying to calm it. That weird feeling on my stomach starts to feed up again.

He says another word that i would never expect him to say. A word that no cold-hearted jerk would say. A word that neither he and I could either believe. A word that makes that weird feeling on my stomach turn back again.

"Please"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 4.6K 21
Kimberly thinks she has her life figured out,with her about to graduate from college. A small job on the side to take care of her expenses but what h...
592K 17.9K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...
281K 15.3K 28
It was a serendipitous encounter that brought them together, but can their relationship survive when the billionaire, James, comes under fire, which...
788K 36.1K 25
NOTE: this is a sequel to Demetre, please read Demetre before this so you do not get confused. ~*~ Ever get the saying you mess with the bull you get...