Billion Dollar Wedding | ✓

By SabhyataSahu

For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titl... More

Blurb
1. •Δ Arianna Δ•
2. •Δ Heads Up Δ•
3. •Δ The First Meeting Δ•
4. •Δ Ego Assembled Δ•
6. •Δ My Momma Δ•
7. •Δ How I Dug ,My Own Grave Δ•
8. •Δ New Association Δ•
9. •Δ Awkward Δ•
10. •Δ Surprise Visitor Δ•
11. •Δ New Beginning Δ•
Discover My Other Stories!
12. •Δ How Did I Get So Lucky Δ•
13. A Walk Down the Aisle & Memory Lane
14. •Δ First Dance Δ•
15. •Δ JenVeer Δ•
16. •Δ Social Media Δ•
17.•Δ Honeymoon Planning Δ•
18. •Δ Slumber Party Δ•
19. •Δ B!rthday & Surpr!ses Δ•
20. •Δ Butterfly Kisses & Betrayal Δ•
21. •Δ Together Δ•
22. •Δ True Face Δ•
23. •Δ Rock Bottom Δ•
24. •Δ Brianna Δ•
25. •Δ Ari Δ•
26. •Δ Ari + Brianna Δ•
27. •Δ Mask Unveiled Δ•
28. •Δ Inheritance Δ•
29. •Δ Worthy Of You Δ•
30. •Δ New Beginning Δ•
31. •Δ Next Step Δ•
32. •Δ Karma Δ•
33. •Δ Revenge Δ•
34. •Δ Cards On TableΔ•
35. •Δ Catharsis Δ•
36. •Δ GoodBye Δ•
37. •Δ Together Forever Δ•
Authors' Note
My Dream Cast
Playlist
38. •Δ Separazione Δ•
39. •Δ I'll Wait for You Δ•
40. •Δ New York Δ•
41.•Δ Put A Ring On It... Δ•
42. •Δ Like A Fairy tale Δ•
43. •Δ Epilogue Δ•
❄❆ Gratitude & New Story Update ❆❄
Not An Update
❄❆ New Story Update ❆❄

5. •Δ The Deal Δ•

16K 607 52
By SabhyataSahu

Ann Marr – Bullet

You won't show what I won't show

Do you know what you're doing to me?

And I take another step

Do you know what you do to me?

"Sooo..." She prolongs again, wanting me to talk. Which is the right thing to do. But I am nervous like I am to ask her to give me her firstborn. This could be the case If we were getting married for real. Fuck, I'm babbling now. Clearing my throat, I sit up straight dropping my hands I have been using to hide the small mole on the right side of my face, right next to my nose that she has been eyeing without blinking.

"About the wedding. Yeah... Our parents will take care of the arrangements..." She quirks her perfectly arched brow leaning back in her chair, as though she didn't give a damn If we got married on Staten island. Real or not, don't girls love being part of these things. Her place is a prime example of that. I take a sip of my coffee, it tasted like ashes in my mouth now.

"I was not looking to settle down. At least not before 30. But I couldn't decline the offer..." I bite my tongue, choosing the wrong term.
"But I wanted to hear from you, Are you ready for this, or is there is some kind of pressure on you. I mean, you're just 20. Your sister is 27 but your parents said she is 2 years older than me, and It won't be a good match." I say scratching the back of my neck, I will die before agreeing to marry her sister.

She looked lost for a second. "Arianna...???" I ask in concern, leaning forward to gauge her expression. Could she be under duress? If so, I want to help her.

"Ohhh, no. There is no pressure on me. And I also have my reasons." She assured, shrugging her shoulder, giving me a smile in assurance but it was fake. I could feel it in my bones.

"Okay then. So we will be going by the story that we were together for a year, hiding our relationship because of our parent's rivalry. As soon as they found out, they decided to get us married and also merge the business. The business part is their problem. You don't have to answer them." She opened her mouth to cross me, obviously angry that I was trying to keep her out of the business because she is a woman.
"Not like that. I mean, we have to behave like their blessing is all that matters to us and we don't know or care if they merged their business." She gave me a sly nod, not completely happy with my answer, so I continued.

"We are supposed to be together for 5 years. Since the merger contract also states that we work together for our upcoming projects, which we haven't received yet..." I supply further, her lips quirked in an almost smile as I spoke to her about the business.
"And we will get them. I will make sure it happens. But, my plan is to separate after one year..." Her face lit up at that, giving me the courage to speak further.

"Arianna, I am proposing a 'Contract Marriage' here..." I speak slowly. It's time for her to flinch, throw some tantrums. But, NO. She is relaxed like I reduced her sentence for life imprisonment. Is that how she feels about the marriage. I sure did at first, but her reaction didn't sit well with me. How can she be slackened like I didn't just turn her life upside down?

"We will say that since we were together for just one year before marriage and things didn't work out. But, there is a minor problem. My stepmother, Elizabeth. She doesn't know about the business deal or what I'm proposing to you. She is actually rooting for us. So we have to deal with her, she's a very special woman in my life. We do not have to pretend anything in public, will just be the modest couple avoiding PDA moments. But we have to stay together. And again, my mother can't know." Her eyes widened for the first time, looking a little afraid. Maybe she is just slow like her sister, only now making sense of my proposal.

I read her lips slowly moving as she spoke to herself. 'His house'. I reckon she is reading into things too far. I raise my hand up, palms out in her direction. Her gaze snaps to me.

"My room is really spacious, you'll have your own walk-in closet too, I will buy a big sofa. I can sleep in there comfortably." I mumble the last part.

"Don't you have other rooms in your house?" She asked. So a marriage contract is okay, but living in one room is a problem.

It's a penthouse woman. Of course, I do. I want to say but Instead "I do. But, if the maids find out. There will be risk involved. You will still have your independence. You are free to do anything you like, as long as the word doesn't come out. My room is for an emergency in case my mother shows up unannounced. Which she will."

"Then tell your house help, that the rooms will be off-limits from now on. I can clean up after me and I expect you do the same. And about no one else finding out, Mr. Knight. If you are with someone. Then I prefer it remains a secret. I won't play the poor wife whose husband cheats on her. And I'll be fine too, as long as the word doesn't come out." She said smugly, throwing my words back at me. She is wicked. And she's not done, yet.

"You can not play your marital right card. Add that to the agreement, along with the prenuptial. I will sign." A prenup, seriously. And here I was hoping she would give me some lecture for bringing it up. I like her.

"Also, I won't be changing my last name. And I can't travel for hours every day. Every time you leave the country for your meetings or anywhere else for a full day, and In the weekends I'll come back here. So better plan a night out somewhere without paparazzi involved." She has planned everything. And she doesn't even look tired. I was awake almost all night to figure things out, and here she is. A Professional. A freaking Bell.

"Okay, so it's a deal. My driver Mark will hand you the papers in a few days, and my mother might contact you for wedding preparations. It's gonna be just a few of us. But she is excited." Something twinkled in her eyes at that, Is she excited too.

"And please, not a word..." I begin to speak but she cut me off.

"Not a word about the contract. I know, mother told me." She sighs in resignation, rolling her eyes.

"Mother...???" I ask perplexed, "How does she?" She raised an eyebrow. Fucking hell, the whole family is professional. I sit back and drink my coffee she had refilled while Arianna gave me the time to collect myself. Is this a mistake, Is my mother the only innocent one in here. I put the coffee mug down, satisfied for now that she has said yes to the prenup. She can't take a dime from me. I didn't know if I should shake her hands for successfully breaking the deal or just give her a kiss on the small of her cheeks. So I grabbed my phone and turned to leave. But her voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Propose to me." I jerk around and look at her with my mouth gaped open. "What?"

That little minx took her time to take small sips of her coffee before speaking again. The pervert side in me fogged my brain again as I watch her lips close around the rim of her coffee mug. I'm not a sexist, but I'll make sure my dear wifey prepares coffee for me every day, before work.

"I said, Propose. To. Me." She enunciated like I'm an airhead.
"Your mom might ask me, I need something to say to her." She smirks. This girl is pure evil.

I can't believe I just said that. He is literally bringing out the worst in me. I was nervous to be face to face with him so I kept my gaze just below his eye, focusing on the mole. Which in my opinion only adds to his sex appeal. I should have averted my gaze after realizing that he is conscious about it, but I was nervous and wanted him to feel the same way I did. I was just messing with him and now.

But this handsome young man, astonished me when he dropped down to one knee and raised his palm out for me to take. Without even realizing it, I place my hand in his. The touch sent tingles through my veins, rushing straight to my heart. And his next words were my undoing.

"My green-eyed beauty. Will you do the honour to marry me. Under a contract, that shall not be mentioned, ever again. I promise to treat you with respect. I shall honor all your wishes, and treat you like the princess you are. In return, you just have to cook for me. Because sweetheart.! I suck at that." He spoke in a dreamy voice like we were in Shakespeare's era. He winked at me, as I sat frozen in my place and kissed my knuckles. He did not even stay for my answer and turned to leave, but at the doorstep, he spoke over his shoulder.
"Mr Knight is for my father. Call me, Axel." With that, he left as I remained rooted in my chair.

My vision blurred as tears threatened to surface. My nose prickled, and I rubbed my hand over it to ease the sensation. I have only wished to have someone in my life, and say those things to me. It wasn't romantic but It came straight from his heart. I can feel it. When the door opened, I brace myself to see him again.

"Arianna, Did he do something." Jenny asks, with concern and anger laced in her voice as crouched on the floor beside my chair.

I shake my head, smiling at her. "No, Nothing. He just told me about the contract and he said one year." Her lips parted in shock.

"Good for you darling. Did you talk to your mother about this?"

"She's not gonna receive. I have to go shopping with Axel's mother. So, I'll just leave a text." I sigh, feeling drained of all my energy at her mention. My lips parted but no word came out as I intended to tell Jenny about Axel's fake proposal. The moment, it was ours. Our first memory together, I won't recall the wait for the past few days, the constant thudding of heart against my ribcage every time my phone rang, every time the door to the cafe opened. Just him on his knees, and that smile. So I decided to treasure this moment, keeping it to myself. It was probably the first time, I didn't narrate my life to her and the feeling wasn't of deception like I had been hiding something from her. She didn't see this as she got busy washing our coffee mugs, and I simply followed her back to the cafe, with a warm smile on my face.

*****

I stayed awake all night, thinking about the events of today. Maybe that's why he took 3 days. But, I can't believe he left without apologizing for that, he seemed to be a gentleman. When he mentioned his mother. I lost my strong girl persona for a while. He's lucky to have a stepmother like her. I hope she contacts me soon, I would love to spend my time with her and hope he missed my excitement.

When I closed my eyes, his face appeared before me. I hide under the blanket, blushing like a fool. I can't believe I talked about the 'Marital right', is it even an actual term. In the past few years, I have been so busy. I didn't have time to go out for a date, let alone that. So, where did that topic come from. Possibly when he was gawking at me, I felt his eyes glued to my back. But, thankfully it's over now. And we won't bring the topic of the contract ever again. It makes me feel like I am a cheap woman.

I look at my palm where he had touched me. I wonder if he is also awake thinking about it. I should bury these feelings, and nip them in the bud before I could give myself more hope. It's a contract marriage. We will part ways as soon as the year is over. But I like the way I'm feeling. This constant reminder of my heart beating in rhythm, the smile on my face I don't have to force. So, I promise myself to not expect anything from him. This feeling, It's mine alone. And I don't and I won't share them with him. I don't want his agreement on this. I can feel however I want. And I choose to crush on my future husband for the next 365 days.

*****

Namaste, reader!!! I hope you liked the chapter. If you did then please don't forget to VOTE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave your precious COMMENTS behind.

I would love it if you check out my other stories, 'Aurora's Aura' 'Mafia & Miss Honey' 'Becoming Romeo' 'Violet Hues' & ''His Captive'. The story link is on my profile.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758K 61.2K 76
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
3.8K 156 15
18+content "This marriage nothing only for a business deal to me. I will make sure break this engagement in 6 month" He said very rudely And I wil...
6.4K 888 32
\ əˈprɪs.ə.ti \ warmth of the sun breaking through in winter. "Marry?" asked Ranveer. "Last I remember, you refused me to marry me when asked!" Ranv...
207K 13.3K 22
They were an unbreakable couple since school. Still, he cheated on her. She loved him with all of her. Still, he broke her into millions of pieces. S...