A Fairy Tale Like No Other

By Phoenix270

Diane Edwards was once a rich girl, a daughter of the owner of a winery. But due to a storm, their fortunes w... More

A Fairy Tale Like No Other - One
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Two
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Three
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Four
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Five
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Six
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Eight
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Nine
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Ten
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Eleven
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Twelve
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Thirteen
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Fourteen
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Fifteen
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Sixteen
A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Epilogue

A Fairy Tale Like No Other - Seven

4.3K 82 8
By Phoenix270

Seventh Chapter

The Prince Announces His Official Girlfriend

            Diane awoke to a wonderful smell: someone cooking pancakes.

            She got up and went down to the dining room.

            “Good morning,” Troy greeted. He was wearing an apron, mittens, and a hair net.

            Diane took one look at him and she cracked up, laughing so hard she fell down on her butt.

            “What?” Troy asked, his face going red.

            “Wh-wh-y-yo-you-”Diane can’t get a word out, as she was laughing so hard.

            “Stop it,” Troy was as red as a tomato.

            “Well, you look very funny,” Diane had said finally.

            Troy looked to what he was wearing.

            “What about it? I look nice in it,” Troy retorted.

            “I’d say,” She agreed. She went up and sat down opposite her. There was only one plate with about ten pancakes in a stack, already buttered and flowing with maple syrup. There was also only one fork and one knife.

            “Why is there only one set of utensils?” Diane asked.

            Troy was smiling.

            “Well, you have been making good on your promise lately, and I haven’t,” Troy said matter-of-factly. “So, this is the start of it.”

            “What are you talking about?” Diane asked, not quite getting what Troy meant.

            “You promised to give me the commoner’s treatment, remember?” Troy reminded her, and it did ring a bell in Diane’s mind. “And in exchange, I’ll give you the royal treatment.”

            “Oh,” Diane said when she realized the other end of their bargain. “And how is this breakfast going to treat me like a princess.”

            “Like so,” Troy picked up the knife and fork. He sliced an eighth of the entire stack and speared about four pieces. “Say ‘aah’,” Troy said as he slowly inched the pancake slices to her mouth.

            Diane smiled as she understood what it meant. She obliged and bent in to swallow the pancake slices.

            She chewed for a few seconds.

            “This tastes good,” Diane commended. “You are getting better at being a commoner.”

            “Well, I’m a quick learner,” Troy shrugged. “Besides, my teacher’s so good in teaching me.”

            “Well, she should get merits for it,” Diane teased.

            “And here it is,” Troy chuckled, and he fed Diane another bite.

            About halfway into the pancake, Diane felt full already.

            “I’m full,” Diane said to Troy.

            “Then I’ll eat the rest,” Troy assured, as Diane face seemed to strike the food a waste not to finish it. He began to slice another eighth when Diane’s hand stopped him.

            “Hold it,” Diane said, her eyes suddenly bright. “You deserve s day off from being a commoner.”

            “What?” Troy asked, confused.

            “Well…” Diane was faintly blushing. “I would like… to feed you… if that’s okay?”

            Troy smiled.

            “Well, then, I guess I should make the best of my day off,” Troy gave her the fork and knife. Delighted, Diane began to feed Troy.

            Troy finished faster than Diane. Diane shook her head while smiling to herself.

            “Boy, are you one hungry prince,” Diane teased.

            “Well, I’m still hungry,” Troy’s eyes were suddenly smoldering as it looked towards her own.

            “Huh? But that was a large pile of pancakes,” She said incredulously.

            “No, not that,” Troy said as he inched closer. “I’m hungry for this…”

            He kissed Diane lightly on the lips. He lingered for a moment then pulled away.

            “Now I’m full,” Troy said, sounding… seductive.

            Diane smiled and kissed him the same way that he had kissed her.

            “I didn’t have dessert,” Diane said softly. “And now I have.”

            Troy smiled, wondering how Diane could be such a sweet lover.

            After they had washed all that needs washing in the kitchen, they went up to prepare for their classes.

            “Oh, Diane,” Troy called. He handed her a garment bag. “Wear this for today.”

            Puzzled, Diane went into her room and opened it.

            Inside the bag was a white halter dress. What the heck?

            There was also a note inside. It was from Troy.

Diane,

          I ordered this dress just for this day. Please wear this. I have a surprise for you. It’s for the second part of my promise.

                                                                                                Troy

P.S. The surprise is important to me, so please don’t be angry or anything.

            “I wonder what it is…” Diane asked to herself. She thought and came up with none. She shrugged it off and prepared, feeling excited at what the surprise might be.

            Troy was nowhere to be seen the entire morning. He wasn’t at class either. The only ones with her are Kate and Nathan.

            “I wonder where he could be?” Diane kept on asking, her voice sounding real concerned.

            “Oh, don’t be so anxious,” Kate told her, getting slightly irritated yet giddy for some reason. Diane had the feeling that she’s in on the surprise. “He’ll be there at lunch.”

            She stopped fretting and just waited patiently for lunch.

            The bell finally rang when the clock struck twelve.

            Diane, Nathan and Kate strode into the dining hall, and Diane stopped in her tracks.

            She was being applauded by all the students and professors there. Out on the other end of the large center aisle was Troy, wearing a splendid white and black ensemble that matched with what she was wearing.

            “…And now, I present to you my official girlfriend, Lady Diane Edwards!” Troy shouted out, his voice triumphant, and the cheers got louder.

            Diane didn’t know what to say. She was so surprised and so happy at the same time. She looked first to the people around her, all wearing faces of happiness, and finally to Troy, his face and eyes so tender and sweet, his arms opening up to receive her.

            Without thinking, she ran towards her, and Troy caught her just in time, and in front of all that can see them, she kissed him as if they were already wed.

            All those that are present at the hall were very happy for the prince and Diane, all but one.

            In a far corner, Jermaine and her goons sat, wearing faces of dismay and unspeakable anger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 254K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
427K 23.8K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...