The Wolves Book 1: Call of th...

By Nryssa7247

Wolves, Elves, Dragons, and Magic, this story is a fairytale with a twist. ~ My name is Anabelle. At least I... More

Author Note
PART 1- Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
PART 2- Summary/Description
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
PART 3- Summary/Description
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
PART 4- Summary/Description
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note -revised-

Chapter 19

387 16 3
By Nryssa7247

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I came to see you. Or did you not know? I wasn't after your parents when I killed them. I was after you."

"Why do you want my daughter?" My mom asked.

"You see, if she didn't struggle so much I would have made you mine!" He hissed at the both of us.

"If you hadn't already noticed, you'll never get a hold of me!"

"Oh but I will. If you hadn't noticed, while you were asleep, I have gotten inside your castle."

I gasped and woke up to find faces above my own.

"He's here!" I coughed out.

~~~~~~~~

"Yes I am. But unfortunately I cannot stay. I just came to get something and go." A voice said behind us. 

"Darian." I hissed. "Why can't you leave us be?" I pleaded.

"Because when I want something, I take it. And sadly for your friends, I want you."

Aiden growled and turned wolf the same instant he said the word 'you'. Kate and the rest of the pack followed suit, and all of them came to stand in front of me. Sarah drew a dagger and stood next to me.

Octavia and her Lieutenant drew their swords, Morgan taking out her bow.

"Stand back!" I yelled, standing up. "This is my fight."

'But-' Kate started. I glared at her. Aiden was too blind with rage to notice what I had said.

"I said, stand back!" I repeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Aiden's POV)

I heard her clearly, but if she wanted me to stand back then she was crazy. There was no way I was going to let her fight this jerk. 

'Aiden, please. For me, stand down.'

Her sweet, silent voice echoed in my head.

'Please Aiden.' She repeated. Ana put her hand on my wolf's head, calming him.

'Don't die.' I said, looking up at her.

She tweaked my ear and smiled. 'No problem.'

The rest of the wolves sat on their haunches, following Aiden's example.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Morgan's POV)

I pointed my bow down. If her mate wasn't going to fight because she asked it, then I wasn't going to either.

"Just so you know, I'll take the shot if there's an opening." I said when Ana looked at me.

She nodded, then looked over towards Octavia.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Octavia's POV)

When she looked at me I noticed the fierceness in her eyes. She wasn't going to lose, nor was she going to back down.

I swallowed. My Lieutenant looked into her eyes and shrank back, putting his sword down in the process.

I stared into her eyes. The look she gave me told me that everything was going to be okay.

I lowered my sword. "If I see an opening, I'm taking it," I said, following Morgan's choice.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Aia's POV)

When she looked at me I held her gaze. She was getting everyone to back down so that they wouldn't lose their lives against this form of evil. I don't know how she plans to fight or even to win, but this was the girl who was kidnapped at such a young age and lasted ten years. 

Even without fighting training, she knew this man. 

I dissolved the fireball in my right hand and lowered my staff which was in my left.

I nodded to her and she nodded back.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

Everyone might not have full faith in me, but at least they trusted me enough to give me a chance.

I looked at Darian next. He smirked at me, making me cringe. 

"As you wish." He said when he saw me go into a fighting stance.

He turned wolf in a matter of seconds and caught me off guard, crashing into me. My wolf took over as soon as he jumped and I surprised him by throwing him off me.

Everyone in the room stepped back to the walls, making us a sort of arena to fight in. But Darian wasn't going to play by the rules. 

He snapped his teeth at me and jumped again. This time he past me and hit the wall behind me, bouncing himself off and landing on my back. I hollered as his claws dug into my sides. He left three long scrapes across my lower back and pushed off me.

Angry, I lunged forward, my claws meeting his muzzle. I left a deep gash long his nose and he cuffed my ear, temporarily making me lose my senses.

I growled and felt something change inside of me.

~~~~~~~~

(Aia's POV)

Impossible!!!

After a few seconds of losing her senses, Darian was about to go for the kill, but he can't seem to get close to her.

Her whole aura had changed from the grayish color on the inside, covered up by a happy yellow, changed in an instant to ocean blue.

There was no way that she was doing that on purpose. Only the strongest of magic and the most powerful of beings could do that, and yet, here she is, a girl who was practically zero in magic, changing her entire aura!

It was incredible, but seemingly impossible. And yet I see it here before my own eyes.

The rest of of her pack and Octavia sensed it to, but what exactly was it?

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

Darian flew across the room. 

Taken by surprise, he turned back into a human.

"Wha-?" He mumbled, trying to get up. 

I changed back to, surprised and confused, wondering what had just happened.

"How did I do that?" I whispered.

Something was nudging at me in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~

"How will I awaken my powers?"

"They will awaken in your greatest time of need." 

~~~~~~~~~

"You have powers?" Darian choked out.

Apparently I didn't when he was trying to kill me.

I stood up and he got slammed against the wall again.

"She can't control her powers." Aia whispered. "But she sure can use them."

I took a few steps forward and his head got thrown back.

Before I knew what I was doing, I lunged, punching him in his stomach, my fist going right through.

He screamed, but was unable to move his arms.

Someone came up behind me, pulling me back, their arms going around my stomach.

"Stop. It's over. Stop." Aiden's voice came up behind me, but I couldn't hear him.

Then I heard him say "Sorry." And everything went black.

 ~~~~~~~~~

 (Morgan's POV)

As soon as Aiden got Ana out of the way, I took the shot.

Darian dissolved into ashes as soon as my arrow hit his heart.

"It's over." Octavia said.

~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

I woke up lying on my bed in Avalon.

My room was clean and I was in clean clothes.

I looked around the room. Aiden was sitting on a chair by my side.

"Is it over?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered then shushed me and said, "Go back to sleep. I'll be here."

I nodded, then closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 6.3K 53
Amberleigh had been recklessly traveling between realms for years (accidentally, of course) unsure of how or why she continually found herself in a w...
14.5K 552 30
'Come to me Avalon... Come back to where you belong...' I awoke with a jolt, panting and sweating all over. Avalon seems like an ordinary girl but un...
2.1K 46 48
Have you ever walked outside at night? When it's so dark and you can't see a thing at first? I often do that and I'm never afraid. Because I know tha...
5.7K 40 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...