wrapped books | lrh {rewriti...

By doverin

Where a girl who obsesses over books and likes dark nail polish falls for a boy who ironically dislikes books... More

blurb
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Epilogue

1.4

5.4K 187 26
By doverin

I've never been this close to Luke before.

I still felt a bit tipsy from all I consumed just hours ago, but it wasn't the good kind of tipsy.

It wasn't the my mind is completely blank kind of drunk state I was in.

It was more like the I need a fucking pain killer or more to drink kind of drunk.

I was tracing over Luke's fingers for the past 15 minutes. They were tremendously longer than mine.

I pressed my own palm against his, and I started to measure our hands.

Luke's hands were so cold, but they felt warmer compared to my own.

I liked holding his hand, it made me feel more secure.

I may have not known Luke since sophomore year.

Heck!

Not even two months yet, but I already trusted him a lot.

His sweater was large on my frail body. And it just reminded me of how I used to borrow Dallas' clothes after we'd have sex.

The only reason I didn't want to go home was because I didn't want to face Dad or Janet in my drunk state.

That would completely change everything.

I could feel Luke's stare burn through my skull. He wanted answers. I wasn't giving him any. I wanted to talk to Connie or Calum about this.

Luke would be a great listener, but he'd just insult Dallas and not realize how much it actually did hurt me.

Luke's hand traced the small of my back. I liked how that felt. It made me feel even more secure.

I just wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. But right now, I honestly would much rather hold Luke Hemmings' hand and play with his great, long fingers and feel his hot breath tickle my neck.

I looked around his room. It was a typical teenage boy's room.

With band posters hung up on the wall, a computer sitting on a study desk, he even had a guitar leaning against a wall in the corner of the room.

I liked his room. It was small, but cozy. There was no doubt that Luke was messy, with a stack of CD's knocked over and an empty plate sitting on the floor.

But something told me that he knew where everything was, even the things that were in hiding.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Luke, staring intently at me. Like he was trying to read my mind.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed and blinked back a few times.

"You were looking at me like I just kicked a puppy." I said.

His stern face softened, "Oh, no." He chuckled lightly, "I was just thinking."

"About what?" I half-whispered.

"Nothing, really." He shrugged. Unlacing and lacing our fingers over and over again.

I nodded.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked and shifted his weight on the bed a little.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"No, tell me." He insisted.

"I was just, wondering..." I trailed off, not finding it in me to continue.

"Wondering...?" Luke urged me to proceed.

I sighed deeply, "How things are gonna be from now on. After what had happened at the party."

He stayed quiet. Either because he didn't know what to say, or because he didn't want to push me to tell him what happened.

Slowly, I felt my eyelids grow heavier by the second, and soon I was fast asleep.

-

I woke up, feeling a ray of sunlight hit my eyes.

I sheltered them from the light, but my hand was soon removed from its place by another hand.

"Morning." A raspy voice mumbled.

I rolled over to face a tired looking Luke.

Morning?

"Morning?!" I sat up quickly, feeling all the blood in my head rush.

I clutched my head, like it would stop the pain from growing.

"Hey, slow down there." He yawned and sat up as well. "You clearly drank too much last night."

"What?" I asked, not comprehending what he was saying.

I squinted one eye shut, not being able to look at him properly with the sun in my eyes.

But then the memories of the previous night hit me like a tidal wave.

"You okay?" He asked.

"No." I told the truth for once.

I was not okay. I was terrible. I'm hurt, physically and mentally. And no doctor or therapist can help me now.

"Thought so." He said, rolling out of bed and stretching. All his muscles tensed up while he stretched.

He held out a hand for me and I took it. He pulled me out of bed and lead me downstairs but stopped halfway.

He pressed an ear against the wall, that had framed pictures all over it, and listened to who I assumed were his parents.

He flinched, as if what he heard something that would scar him for life.

He turned around to face, with a frown on his face and I gave him an apologetic look.

I heard a door slam and Luke took that as a chance to tug me all the way into the kitchen.

"Luke." I whined, clutching my pounding head that hurt so much form all the sudden actions he's making me do.

"Sorry." He mumbled. Opening a cabinet and pulling out a small pill bottle. "Here." He said holding my hand out, and placed two tablets in the palm of my hand.

He quickly grabbed a glass and filled it with water, also handing it to me.

I took it willingly and swallowed the tablets, following it down with the water.

He snatched the empty glass from me and threw it into the sink.

Yeah, threw it.

He didn't seem to care if it broke.

I smiled at him. But he just frowned. "I guess that, you're not a morning person?" I asked.

He shook his head no.

I chewed on the inner side of my bottom lip. I looked down and noticed that I was still just wearing Luke's sweater.

I looked back up at Luke, and I guess he noticed too. He gulped and I saw his Adam's apple bounce up and down.

"I'm gonna..." I trailed off, already making my way back upstairs.

He just nodded.

I quickly hurried back into Luke's room realizing that the only item of clothing I had was last night's dress.

I groaned, as I started to pull the sweater over my head, I heard Luke, "Do you want borrow any clothes?" He asked and I jumped, startled by his presence I tugged the sweater back down.

"Don't you knock?" I asked. I could feel my cheeks flush red.

"You changed in front of me last night. What's the difference if I see you change now?" He said in an irritated tone and shrugged before he made his way over to his drawers. Pulling out some sweatpants.

"Here." He chucked the pants at me.

I pulled the pants over my legs. "I'm gonna have some breakfast. Join me if you want to." He called over his shoulder as he made his way downstairs.

I looked around Luke's room, in search for my phone. I wanted to see if I received any texts from anyone.

The good news was that I had not calls or texts from Dad. The bad news was, I had 5 missed calls from Calum.

I groaned as I called his phone. It rang four times until he decided to answer his phone.

"Maia!" He yelled through the phone, I had to distant myself from the speaker.

"Yes?" I said pulling the phone back to my ear.

"I was worried sick about you!" He whined.

"I left the party earlier than I planned to." I shrugged, but I remembered that he couldn't see me.

"Dallas was worried about you too, he kept asking where you were-"

"Well, Dallas is a prick. And you can tell him that I said that." I cut Calum off.

Calum was quiet for a moment.

"What happened?" Calum asked, surprised as to why I was saying something like that about him.

"I'd rather tell you in person." I said.

"Where are you now?" He asked.

"I'm over at a..." I looked around the room, like it would help me figure out what Luke and I really were. "friend's?"

That's what you wanna call him?

What if he doesn't agree?

Meh.

"Oh, okay... You're alright though?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Cal." I assured him.

"Okay. Text me when you get home safely." We bid our goodbyes and hung up.

I looked out through window. It had the perfect view of the sea.

I wonder how long Luke would just sit by the window and watch the waves hit the shore and pull back.

He seems to be one to just enjoy small things in life.

I paced around the room, debating whether I should just head downstairs or not. But my growling stomach chose for me.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen, finding Luke sitting at a table and eating a bowl of cereal.

"Hi." I said, sitting across him.

"Hi." He muttered under his breath.

I averted my gaze from him, not really wanting to hold a conversation with him while he's in a bad mood.

I stared at the window.

Even the kitchen had a great view of the beach.

"God, I'm sorry." Luke startled me and suddenly dropped his spoon into the bowl that was just full of milk now, spilling milk everywhere.

"I'm such an ass." He groaned and rubbed his eyes, either to rub the sleep out of it or he just rubbed them in frustration.

"Its fine." I understand that he just doesn't always wake up happy in the morning. Not everyone enjoys mornings like me.

I guess his grouchiness was partly tolerable, apart from his usual happy attitude throughout the day.

But Luke sort of changes throughout the day, like he's never satisfied of who he was.

He'd be all smart-mouth during the late mornings, or he'd be all giggly like a schoolgirl during the afternoon.

"I'm sorry." He groaned. "Mornings aren't really my thing. Mostly today, because my parents finished all the coffee." He sighed deeply, and pointed to an empty packet that I assume was where the coffee was supposed to be kept.

I chuckled.

I give him sympathetic smile. He looked at me like I was crazy.

I felt his eyes scan my face, like he was searching for something.

My head started pounding again. Calum was right, I did regret all the drinks I had last night.

I squinted my eyes shut, lessening the pain a little bit.

"You okay?" Luke reached out and grabbed my hand.

I nodded slowly.

He slowly placed his fingers in between mine.

I opened my to find a nervous looking Luke.

He stared down at our now intertwined fingers. He didn't hold my hand, he just hooked our fingers together.

I did not know how I honestly felt. I was confused and scared of everything that was happening.

But Luke made everything seem fine and easy.

-

The chapters are extending in length :)

This is where the chapters start to get really good. I promise.

alright, thats it for now. bu-bye

- mackenzie needs a boyfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 26.9K 200
A collection of all the preferences I've written about the lovely fellas from 5 Seconds Of Summer ツ Enjoy and happy reading x
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
9K 295 37
in which a hot mess meets a girl with her eye on the prize, and accidentally pukes on her doorstep.
38K 697 41
In which a girl who's scared of love falls for a boy who's afraid of being left. ((Completed)) *under editing* Rankings: #2 in lukehemmings