Cerulean Feathers

By EchoingHowls

An Omega is thrown to the streets, where he raises himself until he catches someone's eye. As he is shown a l... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 47

9 1 0
By EchoingHowls

Tyler watched Evan for a moment, the Alpha's emotions visibly at war as his eyes flashed dangerously. The elk was pacing the floor, the game of monopoly long since forgotten.

"How did they lose him?"

Smitty asked, his wings twitching where he fidgeted in his chair. John was trailing soothing fingers down the dove's feathers.

"He had gone inside to grab something, apparently there was a back entrance and Brock found some kind of syringe."

Evan's voice was low, words dark as waves of fury radiated off of him.

Tyler really wished he could stand.

Instead, he strengthened his scent, the smell of the beach making Evan glance at him curiously.

"Evan, you need to calm down. I'm sure we'll find him."

The Alpha's charcoal eyes narrowed, but he did slow the wringing of his hands, and the waves of anger subsided.

"When they get here we'll talk to them, until then, let's-"

He was cut off by the sound of quick steps coming up the stairs, and all eyes flickered toward the door when it opened.

"I can explain,"

Was the first thing Brock said, his hands held up defensively and his wings tense behind him. Evan whirled around to face the Omega, eyes cold and his lips threatened to pull into a snarl. Brian, however, stood beside his mate, eyeing Evan as they walked closer to the group.

"Please do,"

Tyler spoke up, already rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Brock glanced at Evan and Smitty before laying out the details of their short trip, and how they found Jonathan's disappearance.

It didn't seem there was much to go off of.

"What did you say it smelled like?"

Tyler questioned, still stuck in his seat from the game as everyone else had migrated around the room.

"It smelled like Alphas in there, maybe three,"

Brock answered, sipping at the cup of water he had gotten.

"Canaries?"

"Maybe, I didn't see them at all."

Tyler ran a hand over his face before waving his hand around,

"Any specific scents? One you recognize at all?"

Brock sighed, eyes squinting as he tried to remember.

"One of them was pepper, and then I think peanuts and blackberry."

"Peanuts?"

Marcel spoke up from where he leaned against the wall,

"I know there was a Canary that smelled like peanuts, it could be a different Alpha though."

"Do you have the syringe with you?"

Lui asked suddenly, standing from where he had been sitting beside Nogla. Brock looked surprised at the question, but suddenly started patting down his pockets as Brian let out a scoff.

"I told 'im not to, coulda been a heroin needle fer all we knew-"

The Alpha was cut off by Brock handing the Beta a baggied syringe.

Nobody questioned where he got the bag from.

Lui turned the needle around in his hands before snapping,

"I fucking knew it."

"Knew what?"

Several voices asked in unison as Lui continued to eye the needle. He stopped turning it to point at some sort of brand that was on the side.

"Robin Industries,"

Lui looked up and swept his gaze across the gang,

"The main supplier of the Canaries."

"It's them."

Evan said grimly from where he was slouched over in a chair,

"The Canaries have Jonathan?"

Smitty spoke softly from where he was leaning on John's shoulder, his wings shrouding the couple as milk and cherries danced with rain.

"That's what it's looking like,"

Tyler affirmed.

"How did they know we would be there?"

Brock questioned suddenly, looking defeatedly at his cup,

"It was a spur of the moment thing, and we didn't smell anyone there when we arrived."

It was quiet for a bit before Smitty said,

"What if somebody told them?"

The question was cautious, but accusatory glares still pointed toward the dove.

Except for Tyler and Brian.

They glanced at Craig, who swallowed before ducking his head.

"Craig?"

Brian asked, his tone sharp. He didn't ask the rest of the question, sparing the Omega from the gang's wrath for a bit longer, but his azure eyes spoke for him.

Craig was quick to look up and shake his head as the rest of the gang turned their curious stares toward the pigeon, shrugging before mumbling,

"I haven't heard anything new..."

Again a tense silence dripped from the ceilings, Tyler huffing before it could continue for long,

"We've already had this problem before. We aren't doing it again,"

He growled the warning before continuing,

"We'll wait for Luke and Ohm to come home, then we'll go from there. Agreed?"

Everyone nodded or murmured an agreement before Tyler shooed them off, Anthony setting up the Switch as Brock headed toward the kitchen to cook something.

Tyler glanced at Evan one more time, the elk's eyes ominous as he stared at his hands.

He looked up, and they locked eyes for a moment.

Tyler gave him an assuring nod, they would find Jonathan.

Evan nodded slowly before dropping his gaze, he really hoped so.

***

Squirrel was cleaning his gun as two female Alphas walked past.

They were giggling about some inside joke.

His phone vibrated on the table, the screen lighting up to show a familiar number.

"Hello?"

"We got him."

The kid blinked in surprise, dropping the dirty cloth on the table.

"What?"

"We got him. Where do you want to rendezvous?"

Squirrel pinched his eyebrows together.

"Can't the others bring him in?"

"Not their department. Remember, Rilla's on defense and Bryce isn't supposed to leave in general."

Squirrel huffed.

"Why was bringing one of the Omegas out a good idea again?"

"Because the almond part of his scent melds really well to yours- it smells like there were three Alphas in there."

Squirrel paused, glancing at the gun on the table.

"And getting him will get enough for my college?"

"It'll get you more than you know what to do with, kid."

Squirrel's eyes widened and he had to stifle a gasp.

He was finally escaping Los Santos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to yell at me on Discord? Here you are! <3 (https://discord.gg/frSrVVN)
Want to yell at me without Discord? Comment! I read and respond to all of them! <3
Want to read without directly talking to me? Also fine! <3
Enjoy however you would like, it means a lot that you take the time to read Cerulean Feathers!
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 18.8K 25
Ezra has never had it easy. Having his own parents send him away, he wasn't sure how to feel about that, but he got by. Everyday he draws something n...
97.5K 5.4K 23
Can a criminal alpha who hates omegas fall in love with one? And can an omega forgive him for what he's done to his kind in the past? ***** A notori...
52.9K 1.9K 11
due to personal reasons, i will be discontinuing this story. maybe one day, i'll return to this work and complete it. if you wish to continue this...
108K 2.3K 18
With my heart pounding against my chest I try and run faster knowing he's right behind me, my blood going cold as I hear the screams of my friends. I...