Chapter 42

Brian paced his bedroom as he waited for Craig, eyeing the small fold-out chair he had pulled upstairs for the Omega to sit in. He ran a hand over the bandage that covered the gash above his eye.

He hadn't bothered with a table, knowing he'd be up and walking around like he already was. The notes Tyler had given him was tossed onto the bed for him to read if needed, but he guessed he'd be too in the moment to think of writing anything down. In fact, he had already read through all the questions half a dozen times just in case he blanked on questions to ask.

He was paired with Craig, and Tyler had already told him to be extra careful with the Omega.

Although, not in the way he had expected.

He had expected the longhorn to warn him about being too aggressive, but instead he had told Brian to get as much as he could out of the pigeon (without using Alpha Commands for some foolish reason).

So, Brian was determined to keep the Omega scared, and he doubted nosing through a couple papers would help his fear factor.

Finally, the door clicked open.

Brian turned sharply to eye the oak, and smirked when he could already smell the underlying fear scent tangled inside the peach and mango.

"Mini, come sit down."

Brian gestured exaggeratedly toward the chair in the center of the room, and slowly but surely the pigeon-wing sat down, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth.

Perfect.

Brian thought to himself, taking slow, long strides to stand in front of the Omega,

Let's get this party started.

"Craig, Craig, Craig, what did ye do?"

He had expected the panicked expression, he didn't expect the trembling hands. He tucked the reaction away to make note of later.

Craig stared at him with wide eyes, face paling at the simple statement.

"W-what do you mean?"
"I think ye know what I mean Craig,"

Brian continued easily,

"Why do ye think yer here?"

Craig shifted his feet uncomfortably, his fingers twisting and wringing together as his knuckles turned white.

"I-I-I don't know..."

The Omega swallowed thickly, his wings puffed up and tight against his back.

"Fine, then I'll start simple. What do ye know about Jonathan getting attacked?"

Craig stilled before asking quietly,

"Jonathan getting attacked? You...you mean when the Canary broke into base?"

Brian sighed before crouching down, getting to Craig's eye-level.

"We've checked the camera feed. It's someone here."

Craig didn't look directly at Brian, and ran a hand through his hair.

"I-I don't know anything about it."

"What were ye doing that night? Were ye with Tyler?"

Craig grew silent for several moments before speaking again,

"Tyler was alone in bed."

"I didn't fohkin ask that,"

Brian snarled, his inner Alpha already fed up and wanting to Command the pigeon,