Safe Haven. (JJP FF)

By NakajimaAtsushi2000

Jinyoung might as well be a nobody. His everyday routines are the same and they're painful. For some people... More

i: new student
ii:bullies and buddies
iii: project pals
iv: new friends and nightmares
v: flourishing friendship
vi: getting to know each other
vii: panic about the past
viii: sister savior
ix: daunting bullies and dead parents
x: betterment and bruises
xi: a friend for a reason
xii: sinful acts and superb news
xiii: a day with boyfriends and best friends
xiv: horrible health and a horrible situation
xv: the truth about the cuts and bruises
xvi: vulnerability in front of a loved one
xvii: trauma, trance and therapy
xviii: true feelings
xix: marks and miserableness
xx: reopened wounds and music
xxi: english marks and excess pills
xxii: we're here, and you're not alone
xxiii: not dead, and it's dreadful
xxiv: a foe becomes a friend
xxv: a companion and a composition
xxvi: threats and therapy
xxvii: accepting hard facts and an escapade
xxviii: old bonds new buddies
xix: coming face to face
xxx: friends and prom
xxxii: a drunk prom revelation
xxxiii: abused and assaulted
xxxiv: everything is numb, nothing is ok
xxxv: my safe haven
xxxvi: crying and comforting
xxxvii: surprise and sacrifice
xxxviii: why must this happen?
xxxix: reassurance
xl: endless slumber
epilogue: hold me

xxxi: college crash and birthday bash

596 35 16
By NakajimaAtsushi2000

Jinyoung's at the doorstep of Jackson's mansion, and he nervously stands front; it's not the first time or anything, but sometimes, the anxiety hits him like a truck.

He knows he isn't a hundred percent okay, but he's definitely attempting on getting better, at ignoring the wicked voices in his mind.

He rung the bell, two massive boxes of hoeddeok and tteokbokki held in his hand. He's begun to wear oversized long sleeved sweaters once again, since the air seems to be getting more chilly day by day. He's wearing a black V-neck, enough to barely be above his collarbones.

Soon enough, the door is opened by a very eccentric Jackson, who gets even more excited (if that's possible) at the arrival of Jinyoung and food.

"Come in! You're just in time for Jaebum's all time famous hot drinks!" Jackson compliments, taking the bag of Korean cuisine from Jinyoung.

Jinyoung is hit with the bakery-like aroma, as he sees Jaebum in the kitchen.

Jaebum looks up from the counter and his eyes turn into two cute horizontal lines and his cheeks glow at the sight of Jinyoung.

"It's wonderful to have you back." Jaebum says, wiping his hand with a small piece of cloth and proceeding to kiss the bridge of Jinyoung's nose and then pour the hot chocolate into Jackson's unique set of mugs with several wordings, leaving Jinyoung feeling a hundred knots in his stomach.

Jinyoung goes on to help with the hot beverages, occasionally staring at Jaebum.

Here's your salted caramel Jackson...." Jaebum looks at Jinyoung, not knowing as to what Jinyoung likes but Jinyoung assuredly replies with 'I'll have whatever you're having' with a beamish face; he trusts Jaebum's cocoa.

Jaebum grins even more and pours his normal cocoa, with whipping cream and adds in a straw.

"Thank you.." Jinyoung says.

"Where are BamBam and Yugyeom?" He asks.

"Ah, Yugyeom's gone to BamBam's, but good news, he's got a job! As a backup dancer!" Jackson feels proud, it's like looking at his children grow up, and in a way, he's not wrong.

But it's time for his own Quest.

"So, how and when do we do this?" Jaebum queries.

"On the 3rd, they already have a goddamn test the next day, and it's practical." Jackson makes an indignant noise, gulps his hot cocoa and comments on how good it is, and Jaebum just thanks him.

Jinyoung sips Jaebum's handmade coffee and it tears right through the cold, and gives his insides a warm and cozy feeling. It was the most fetching coffee Jinyoung's ever had. Even though he doesn't fancy coffee much.

"Okay, It's already the 1st, so.... It won't be too much of a hassle right?" Jackson questions.

"No, I guess, knowing you, you'd be ready even if it is a hassle. So, what do we need?"

Like a very cliché movie plan, Jackson pulls out a roll of paper, revealing it to be Mark's college layout. Jaebum wonders how he even got the hang of that thing but dismisses the thought.

"Alright, so, here's the whole of the boys' dorm, these are the gates, and this one's one's Mark and Youngjae's." Jackson says, pointing at the middle end of the rectangular layout. "It's at the second floor."

"They're open from 4 am up to 9:30 pm, the coach comes and checks whether every room has both the dorm-mates or not, and that happens at 10... So... 10:30 is the ideal timing." Jackson devised.

Jinyoung was amazed at how informative Jackson was being, he'd never known his friend to have such a knack at illegal things. Well, he's not a partner in crime for no reason.

Jackson, completely absorbed, taking another sip of the hot cocoa, thinks of how tall the 2nd floor stood.

"Can't we just sneak inside the dorm?" Jaebum asks.

"Unfortunately no, the guard's pretty tough I heard, even if there's a singe creak in his one meter radius, when he sleeps, you're done for." Jackson says.

Jaebum just nods, he's not used to Jackson sounding so intellectual like.

"So, ten thirty it is." Jaebum says, not knowing what else to speak.

"Ah, I've got to go," Jinyoung says peeking at his watch, "My aunt needs me to run errands."

"You're leaving so fast?" Jackson asks. "Can't you stay a bit longer?"

Jinyoung shakes his head in dismay, biting his lip.

"Okay then, I'll drop you on my bike." Jaebum said. "Jackson, you can go get a ladder right?"

"Yeah, wear something warm though, it's freakishly cold outside." Jackson replies, wearing a cap on his blond hair.

.

The pair get on the bike, Jaebum wore his helmet along with a few piercings. Somehow, he immediately morphs into a bad boy for the world. But it's a part of his several personas.

"Jaebum...?" Jinyoung asks.

"Yeah?"

"Could... Could you send me a picture of Mark and Youngjae?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah, of course, what for?" Jaebum grins, his eyes on the road.

"It... It's a surprise." Jinyoung replies, leaning his head on Jaebum's back, holding Jaebum's abdomen with both his hands.

The corners of Jaebum's lips tug into a smile at Jinyoung's coy side, he lets out a glad 'okay' before they stop at Jinyoung's house.

"Thank you for the ride, Jaebum." Jinyoung says, getting off the bike.

"See you on the 3rd, then." Jaebum waves, taking off the helmet.

Jinyoung temporized for a moment, he turns back to Jaebum, who's already starting the motor.

He briskly bolted to Jaebum's side, and before Jaebum can put his helmet on, he brushed his lips against Jaebum's, and kissed, caressing both of Jaebum's cheeks with the pads of his thumbs, kissing long enough for Jaebum to inhale Jinyoung's lemon scent, long enough to feel his stomach flutter and form a thousand knots.

Jinyoung's cheeks were heavily tinted pink, after removing himself from the kiss.

"S..See you on the 3rd!" He said, still rooted in the spot.

Jaebum was left speechless by the sudden show of affection, it's the first time Jinyoung has ever initiated it, but he's even more overjoyed by his boyfriend, and left with Jinyoung's chocolate taste lingering in his lips.

"See you at the 3rd too!"

Jinyoung checks the time, it's 6:16, he'd promised to be back by 7, so he runs for the Pet store before it closes, and returns victorious with a white puppy of a Maltese breed, small enough according to Jackson's description.

"Arf! Arf!"

.

Jaebum🐼
Hi Jinyoungie, here's the picture you asked for!

*attached file*

You
Thank you so much!

Jaebum 🐼
Always! btw, what's it for? *wiggles eyebrows*

Jinyoung couldn't help but laugh at the last comment, telling him that it was a surprise, he kept the pup a surprise too, it had taken a liking to him, and he fed him some dog food.

Jaebum 🐼
Not even a hint?☹️☹️

You
It's a present for Mark and Youngjae..

Jaebum🐼
Ahhhh, is it a picture frame you're thinking about?

Don't say it tho. Let it be a surprise.

Btw, i still feel your lips on mine😉

I love how you kiss me.

Jinyoung's cheeks tinge pink once again at the thought, and he feels his heart accelerate, he's never felt so much, how much Jaebum makes him feel.

The conversation goes on before Jaebum comments he has to make a song and Jinyoung eventually goes on to paint a picture in the attic, for Mark and Youngjae, with the puppy on his lap.

.

"Shh, be quiet! Here, open the rope." Jackson whispers.

The trio are apparently camouflaged in a bush, all of them wearing black, but not necessarily the robber kind of clothes, just black sweaters, jeans and masks, to blend in more in the moonless night, crouching like in a Warfield.

Jackson had a bag, on his back, where the nylon climbing rope was kept, with the coat and the book, and delicately kept the vinyl disks in a separate bag, whose carrier was Jaebum.

Jinyoung of course, had the Maltese dog in a larger back bag, he's aware of the danger, but the pupper softly barks most of the time, isn't yappy, and... mostly asleep at the moment. He had a part of it unzipped to let in oxygen.

They stealthily rush to the 2 floored hostel, where Jackson phones Youngjae, whispering excitedly, telling him to open the window.

Jackson hastily signals at Jaebum and Jinyoung, and they both fasten their movements.

He sees the light switch on, and the window open, revealing a sleepyhead Youngjae in his PJs. But he looks invigorated at the sight of the gang.

Jackson gets a hold of the first floor balcony with his excellent fencing skills, Jaebum chucks his bag to Jackson, and helps Jinyoung onto the first floor, by lifting him on his shoulder.

Jackson's already made it to the second floor, and into the window, Jinyoung is busy fastening his belt and tossing the end of the rope to Jackson, he secures it onto the railing.

Jinyoung eventually makes it into the dark room, and so does Jaebum and as if on cue, Mark is awake and has to forcibly hold back a gasp.

Jackson is frozen on the spot, but he ambles towards Mark and sings the song, again in a very cliché-like manner.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Markie, happy birthday to you." He held Mark's head against his chest in a tight embrace, and Mark seemingly embarrassed, tears up at the endearing act.

"Hey, hey, I didn't come here to see you cry." Jackson soothes.

"Y..Yeah... I...I know." Mark falters. "But how can I help myself? Y... You're so lovely after all." Mark merrily weeps, holding Jackson's face in a sweet caress, their foreheads meeting.

"Yah, you forgot about us so easily?" Jaebum comments, in an effort to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Happy birthday Hyung." Jaebum high fives, followed by a hug.

"You too doofus." Jaebum says, looking at Youngjae, but only going for a bear hug too.

Jinyoung just stood there feeling inconvenient, last time they had interacted was in a forsaken hospital.

"Here's a lab coat for you, I customized it." Jackson handed the folded coat, it had a chibi picture of Mark, and of course, the name tag "Dr. Mark" embroidered on it. Mark feels a surge of euphoria and joyousness at the thoughtful present, and can only go to kiss Jackson all over his face.

"Here's your vinyl disks, it contains all Seo Taiji albums You don't have." Jaebum says, taking out the albums, to see a highly mind blown Youngjae.

"What the actual fuck Jaebum, holy shit!" Youngjae was on the verge of screaming out of pure emotion, and just feeling like giving no shit about everything, he just wanted to lose himself to those nostalgic records once again.

"Arf! Arf!"

All eyes in the room attract towards Jinyoung, or more to the source of the sound.

Jinyoung's legs get all wobbly before he straightens himself and crouches unzipping the bag.

"Uhm... I.. I thought it'd be a good idea to.. to... Give...a..... A dog..." Jinyoung says, feeling like he had failed everyone by the unimpressive puppy that barked once again and hid his head in shame.

"I... I'm sorry if you don't like this present-"

"Are you kidding me." Youngjae calmly exclaims.

"Oh my god..." Mark joins in. Jaebum and Jackson look equally astounded as to how Jinyoung managed to sneak in a-a goddamn pup.

"On my God Jinyoung! It's a Maltese puppy holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit, holy. Shit. A puppy, Jinyoung." Youngjae emphasises.

Jinyoung tries to fight off the smile that tugs on the corners of his lips, but to no avail.

"Thank you so much Jinyoung!" Youngjae literally leaped on Jinyoung and clasped him in a breathless hug.

"I can not believe how in the world you managed to do that, Jinyoung. Thank you so much!" Mark adds in, holding the baby Maltese.

"W..What are you going to name it?" Jinyoung queries, still on the floor, recovering from Youngjae's tightening hug.

"I've always thought of Coco, shall we name you Coco?" Youngjae asks the pup.

The pup lets out a little gleeful bark, signaling that it likes the name, and definitely his owners.

"Ah, also.... Here... Ha-Happy Birthday." Jinyoung congratulates, handing a neatly wrapped rectangle, what Jaebum assumed to be the picture frame he was talking about the other day, but then the actual present bewildered all the boys.

It was a painting.

"This is so lovely!" Mark exclaims, looking at the acrylic painting of a selca that Mark and Youngjae had taken a long time back.

"Thank you so much for your presents Jinyoung, this is priceless." Mark said, hugging Jinyoung with an arm, while the other held the fragile canvas.

"Well, I guess Jinyoung's presents were really amazing" Mark giggles.

"We don't need you anymore." Youngjae joked.

"Hey!" Jaebum and Jackson simultaneously scream.

"Just kidding." Youngjae laughs. "We should hang that on the wall."

"We should, I'm gonna wear this for tomorrow's exam." Mark said, looking endearingly at Jackson.

"Yeah, but I think you guys should really get going... We got exams tomorrow." Youngjae articulates.

"I guess we should. Good luck Mark! Good luck Youngjae." Jaebum bids farewell.

Jackson gives one last peck on Mark's red lips and wishes him good luck as well.

"All the best." Jinyoung cheered, before exiting from the window.

Unscathed, they all make it to the ground before waving back at the medical students, and proceed to go back to their homes.

"You sure your aunt will allow this?" Jackson enquires.

"It's already been done so... I don't think she'll be very mad... She's happy for me." Jinyoung said, his body becoming unnoticeably trembly, at the thought of Nam.

"Okay then, let's go home boys." Jackson finished, hitting the brake.

__________________

Allo, sorry for the long chapter, and the hiatus, take care and... See you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743 5 17
"Jesus fucking christ you're annoying" "But I know you like it" - In which Jaemin has hated Jeno since 9th grade. Everything about him pissed Jaemin...
21K 1.4K 33
*TRIGGER WARNING* Warning of depressive thoughts and acts!! - Self-harm - Depressive content Fanfiction. Story of Kit's life from the beginning. Kit...
14.9K 600 13
Yugyeom has been bullied all his life. By his classmates, his family, and even his teachers. But what happens when a new boy with a tough attitude sh...
3.1K 110 31
Cinderella (& true happenings) inspired kaisoo ff Kyungsoo is a 19 year old student. After he had lost his mother to suicide and never known his fa...