Claimed by Him

By Werepanther

Comtesse de Luna Mystique whose family trails back far into ancient myths and great gods, comes across a down... More

AUTHOR's NOTE
Werepanther's other stories
*|Prologue|*
*|1|*
*|2|*
*|3|*
*|4|*
*|5|*
*|6|*
*|8|*
*|9|*
*|10|*
*|11|*
*|12|*
*|13|*
*|14|*
*|15|*
*|16|*
*|17|*
Update
*|18|*
*|19|*
*|20|*
*|21|*
*|22|*
*|23|*
*|24|*
*|25|*
*|26|*
*|27|*
*|28|*
*|29|*
*|30|*
*|31|*
*|32|*
*|33|*
Author's Note
*|34|*
*|35|*
*|36|*
*|37|*
*|38|*
*|39|*
*|40|*
*|41|*
*|42|*
*|43|*
*|44|*
*|45|*
Author's note
*|46|*
*|47|*
An Invitation
How much do you love werecats?
Magic and Moonlight

*|7|*

954 50 2
By Werepanther

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

Anxiously I sat for my fabulous friends at my doorstep contemplating on how I should bring up the wolf. Do I bring up a casual conversation then just stab them with the information completely out of the blue? Or am I to be patient? Time the conversation correctly and lead the conversation to be brought down to the topic of Alpha. Or, I tell them from the beginning. Describe the drastic and carelessness of my behaviour and demand they pay attention. I sighed. None of those sound appealing. I rested my head in my hand and stared at the stars feeling the weight of it all, as if I still had Alpha's great paw pressed over my body to stop me from escaping in his sleep. "I need a drink." I muttered rubbing my temples. And women, especially well known ones like myself, aren't meant to go out into the streets alone. Even for a drink. However let me be honest here, no one in their right mind is going to try and jump a pack of women laughing so loudly that once we stop and be silent, the guards of the palace become suspicious.

Only with these girls, these insane sirens, can I ever feel brave and free to act so shamelessly that I have grown an awful reputation among the court but never have I done anything that is whispered. Well, I suppose that would depend on the rumour. I'm neither sinful nor pure and as a human I believe it is impossible to be only one or the other.

Now what if last night I never saw the wolf and it was all just figments of my imagination? What if I'm truly going mad and everything I saw last night wasn't real and today when his voice whispered so wickedly in my head was just another illusion? What if all I saw was what I simply wanted to see?

A hair altering breeze brushed past and I pulled my black cloak around myself hoping it will shield me from the night's cold air. Almost regretting the dress choice at this moment. Blood red is provoking and insinuating sin, which is exactly why I wear it. To be unique, to upset and encourage a darker nature, all act  and reveal their true nature when they assume you're a whore. I added some long black silky gloves that go up to my elbows, the black is not just enhance the illusion. I usually wear gloves to hide the markings of my father's cane. My entire attire is provoking only because I want to know who people really are, not what they act to be behind their money and status. And dressing as the temptress has altered my social groups and who am I now. Which then led to be alone for too long, until of course one day a loud chatter erupted from up my street. And three women looking like gypsies welcomed me with open arms.

I ran across to the gate and stood outside my family's domain. "Marilyn, Satine and Valerie! Why does it sound like you have all been drinking without me?" I shouted excitedly.

"LUNA!" They all screamed equally thrilled to see me. Then ungraciously they ran towards me down the stone made street and I lifted my dress and ran at them. We collided into a bone crushing and eyes popping embrace and I kissed them all on the cheek and then we all had to wipe off the lipstick. Before we ended it all with a laugh of content. I looked to each of them and like every other time that I see them I had to soak them in.

Valerie has long healthy raven black hair which she has tied back letting a fringe curl around her jaw, her fringe covers her forehead and the side of her face, her eyes are a dazzling blue and she has this little beauty spot on the right corner beneath her coated red lips. She looks like a precious doll that any young girl would want to keep forever. Now tonight in the event of my return she's wearing these humungous amethyst earrings to go with the violet dress that exposes her chest and bares her shoulders.

Satine somehow manages to make her natural brown hair pinky red, it's dead straight and sometimes just sits behind her motionless down her back. Her eyes are electric green, there's nothing warm or earthy about them and their thinness in shape always making her look sinister, her whole face is made up of edges and angles and I swear she could stab someone with her chin. Wouldn't matter if she did tonight because the black dress with the frilly collar would mask the bloodstains.

Marilyn's eyes are not blue but they're not green either, it's peculiar because their colour is somewhere in between making these girls match. She doesn't have Satine's slenderness or Valerie's glowing dark skin; in fact if you look at her you wonder why she's part of our group. She's a curvy girl and naturally curly blonde that wins all the fellows from a simple flick of her hair. And tonight she fits the darker shades by wearing dark green gown baring one shoulder and arm, the dress being held up by one thick strap.

"I told you she would be alright." Marilyn said to Valerie proudly. "She's our girl no wolf is going to take her down." Marilyn grabbed my shoulders and stared at Valerie with amusement shining in her eyes.

"Excuse me for worrying." Valerie trapped me in one of her hugs again then pulled back to grab my face staring at me sternly. "You shouldn't be out there when the wolf is about." Don't I know it. I couldn't help but think.

"If my grandparents can survive the full moon so can I." I stated.

"I would kill for your grandmother's cookies right now." Satine sighed blissfully.

"What happened last night?" Valerie asked missing on Satine's attempt to change the topic.

"I heard the wolf never even left the cave. It was a quiet night until everyone realised you were missing." Mari said squeezing my hands. At that I couldn't wait. They are the only people who will believe me.

"We thought it got you Luna! Do you know how worried we were last night? Do you even care of how many stress wrinkles I now have?" Valerie continued distressed.

"Ladies I did not roll out of bed so we could walk all the way out here and whine." Satine sighed exasperated. "Especially at Luna's lunacy. We already know she's a complete idiot."

"Agreed." They said in unison.

"But the only reason you came for was for the food." Valerie said dully. "However you're right lets keep walking, that party starts with or without us." She suddenly eyed me up suspiciously. "You smell different."

I tilted my head amused. "What an odd thing to say."

She scrunched up her nose disgusted. "You smell like a wet dog."

"Well my father did bathe this morning and we all know how much that does not make a difference." I replied plainly.

~*~*~

Once exiting the very wealthy part of the city where I lived we found ourselves in busier streets stopping at a cake shop. This is a very important stop.

"Is there a particular reason he likes carrot cake so much?" Marilyn asked as she paid. I eyed at the white box wrapped in red ribbon to hold it together.

"Well you love chocolate cake." I pointed out dragging the box across the counter so it was in front of me.

"So do you." She pulled the box back in front of her. "Oh let's get chocolate cake!" Mari's eyes sparkled but Valerie rolled her eyes at the idea taking the cake out of Mari's hands and holding it under her arm so it was hidden by her black cloak.

"Satine did you pay for those?" Val questioned. Satine had a cupcake shoved in her mouth and a plate of cookies in her arms hidden by her own cloak. Satine simply gestured her head to the door so I left a few coins on the counter and Satine nodded her head in appreciation before walking out the door. "Stop using her money Sat."

"It's my father's money, it doesn't matter." I shrugged.

"Still..." Valerie said walking out beside me. "You need to stop encouraging her."

"Sorry mother." I teased just as Satine started jumping up and down excitedly.

"Oh yes! Yes! We are going in here!" Satine declared shoving the plate of cookies to Mari and rushing into some old dusty shop with no title on the building.

"We came here for the cake now lets go." Val impatiently groaned. Mari passed the plate to a pack of boys huddled together in scrappy clothing then walked inside the shop intrigued. I've never seen little boys look so delighted meanwhile Val was agitated. "Does no one listen to me anymore?"

In that exact second Mari had come out with a big grin. "Luna come inside there are swords." Weapons? On this street? I sped inside as Valerie started muttering something unintelligible. My fascination with ancient weapons never ceases to amaze and confuse people. After all what has a girl like me have use for a long sword or a battle axe or even an ordinary pocket knife? Inside I was most surprised to find that the place wasn't dusty at all and the windows were tinted so dark you couldn't look in but you could look out. That cannot be good for business.

"Are they all rapiers?" I eyed at the long thin swords the royal guards use and wondered if we're actually allowed in this shop. Everything in here is a weapon, a public display of them and each as enchanting as the next.

"A lot of them are. But look the owner has ancient weapons from different countries." Satine answered. "That's a samurai sword!" She cried out over joyed. I pictured her in the samurai armour, with her long red hair and sharp sinister eyes. Yes, that is most definitely her. I can imagine her leading armies and as an Asian French warrior.

"Look at these daggers... They're made of bones." Mari picked up a knife decorated in beads and feathers of some exotic bird.

"I don't know if we should be touching these." I muttered keeping my hands locked at my sides. I let my eyes wonder at the dark room. It's stuccoed looked a little old and the roof untrustworthy but that didn't stop me from smiling at the racks of knives, shining armour that looked newer than the building and other foreign objects used and worn for battle.

"Oh I do love this." Valerie purred behind me. I turned around and saw her staring at a wildcat head shaped helmet.

Mari was suddenly beside me with a scowl tainting her pretty face. "Typical. It's always panthers..."

"What's wrong with Panthers?" Val questioned offended.

"Lions are majestic creatures." Mari replied crossing her arms over. "I'd say they'd be better to intimidate the enemy."

"Na ah! Panthers are way more majestic and sophisticated." Val snapped defensively.

"You're both wrong. Tigers." Satine shouted from across the room. I almost squeaked when she began swinging around the samurai sword like well, like the deadly assassin she is.

"What do you think Luna?" Valerie asked me. I felt perplexed at the seriousness. Is this seriously what we're arguing about? Who is the greater pussy cat?

"Honestly I do not much care for cats." Mari burst out laughing as Satine smiled knowingly at Valerie. Val to was laughing like a lunatic. "What's so funny?" They just continued laughing so I sighed and began to explore the shop some more. Can't say it's even really a shop. There are no price tags anywhere. "I also think Satine you should put that sword down."

A light caught my eye and I glanced at the swords on the wall but one in particular attracted my attention. The silver sword hummed as I lightly dragged my fingers over, its blade is wider than a simple rapier and I remember seeing something like it in a book I once read. The brilliant myths of the Greeks. Those heroes has swords just like this.

"What are you girls doing in here?!"

"I think we're done looking." Val whispered. Satine grabbed my wrist and tugged roughly onto my arm for a moment making me believe she was about to rip it off.

"Get out of here!" The male voice roared even though we were already out.

"What's your problem? It's because I have breasts isn't it." Mari snapped. Gal silenced her. "Alright we're done window shopping. Now let's finally go please!" Val pleaded.

Satine look at Marilyn like she was in pain. "Where are the cookies?"

~*~*~

"So is it true?"

"I haven't even said anything yet." I replied to Marilyn.

"About this morning did you slap Mr Crowly the son of the Duke across the face? Not a punch this time but a proper slap?" Marilyn continued in her pitched voice. I have never punched Mr Crowly in the face... But oh the temptation.

Satine popped up between us and added with a devious smirk. "Bout time to."

I shook my head. "He commented on my brother's death so yes I slapped him for that." They all backed away from me and started silently applauding. And all I can think is how perfect the timing is. Now, now is the perfect time to tell them about the wolf but once I opened my mouth a black carriage rushed at me and I jumped out of the way. Outraged the girls gave the coachman a mouthful and I was soon preoccupied with a head popping out from the window making Mari yelp and I, feel my stomach drop recognising who it is.

"I thought I recognised you." The man said. "I am deeply sorry, are you hurt?" The butt chin made the four of us curl our lips in. Maybe they're doing it for some other reason but- Still doesn't wrong the fact that there is a butt on his face. Ella is right I am immature.

"No. But you have given My girls and I a reason to toast to living a long life." I replied before we started walking away from the carriage.

"Wait Luna." He called out.

Satine turned to me and whispered, "shall I dispose of him?"

"Not sure yet let's just see how this plays out. Would you all mind if..." I shrugged but they understood taking several steps back. When he suddenly stepped out of the carriage they made me flinch when they suddenly appeared right behind me again. I pretended that interests didn't lie within in the handsome gentleman and that they lay with my safety.

"To you sir it is Lady Mystique." I hate using any title but I always use it when someone unnerves me.

He walked straight up to me still dressed in grey like this morning and his brown hair neatly combed back. "Please Lady Mystique I'm very sorry for what happened this morning and if you hadn't, I would have reprimanded him myself." I nodded at that but he confused that as a sign of forgiveness. "I will happily apologise to your father..."

"That won't be necessary. Besides he is home asleep and would not like to be disturbed over your cousin."

"You're unattended?" He said growing most uncomfortable. "How can that be?"

"It's called being independent."

"Then let me make up to you by taking you out."

"No." I said without hesitation.

"Not even going to think about it?" He asked with small smile.

"No." I said nonchalantly.

"But-"

"No." I interrupted.

"Don't you think it's fate that we meet each other twice in one day?"

"Hm." He's sappy and mawkish, possibly trying to manipulate me with charm. Although using something as whimsical as fate is new to me as no other gentleman has used it before. The answer is resolutely. "No. And I am not afraid to say it a thousand times more."

"You're making a grave mistake." He whispered to which had me stirring.

"I beg your pardon?"

He smiled sweetly. "You've reading me all wrong."

"First of all I'm more into fiction, adventure and legends not boring English men who think that with charming and carefully calculated sentences they can make a French woman melt into the palm of their hands..." I was backing him up against the carriage and he was laughing internally which made my blood boil. "You're entertained?"

"I'm not as nasty as Mr Crowly, in fact I am his better half." Nasty? Evan only nasty? Would you call a the wrong end of a dead donkey just nasty? Would you call the psychotic killer who rips into victims flush with blunt and chewed nails just nasty. Nasty is hardly powerful enough to describe such an egotistical and revolting human being that I have ever had to be forced to be social with.

Alas I hid my fury behind my wit. "Oh congratulations I'm sure the honeymoon was very interesting."

He smiled down at the ground then gazed up at me through his lashes. "Very funny."

"Marriage isn't a joke. Although trying to get me on that carriage is," I unclenched my hands to which I did not even realise I was clenching and clasped them together in front of me. I took note on how his eyes ran over my gloved arms then stared at the clip that held together my cloak before swarming up to top of my head. "Goodnight."

"Luna-"

"No." I said louder than the other fifty million times. "By the way did you take his last name or do you wear the trousers in the relationship?" I turned around wearing a smirk and as I reached the girls he declared, "I'll pay for the drinks."

Marilyn, Valerie, Satine: "Yes!" I scowled. Mari smiled sheepishly, Valerie grinned like the devil and Satine stared off like she was dreaming about cookies.

Traitors.

Vote comment follow and share!
~MeowForNow xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4M 645K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...
265K 15.6K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
6.3M 198K 44
|| In his eyes, she glowed. Her pale skin was like a canvas, just waiting for him to paint it with his dark colors. She was his moon and his hope. ||...
243K 8.7K 24
Sundaye has been through so much in her life. She has experienced more physical and emotional pain than probably anyone else in the world. Her family...