His Eternal Muse

By RKShullyWrites

"Above Every Truth There Is Eternity." The night of the seventeenth birthday changes everything for Katrina J... More

Warning!
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.

Chapter 11.

91 23 60
By RKShullyWrites

"A haircut and a hair color," I say calmly while getting into his car.

"I can see that clearly. I'm not blind. My actual question was that why did you ruin those beautiful dirty blonde hair of yours?"

"Jace, I didn't ruin it. I just needed a change."

"A change? Can you be specific enough please?"

"A change from being similar to Shawn's girlfriends," I mumble the last two words though because I know how Jace will react.

As I expected, Jace turns his face away, slaps the steering wheel with his hand and says, "Yea here we go again. You just promised me to get over that Shawn and now here you are doing a makeover because of him."

He continues, "Well I have to say, that's a massive horrible change, Kat."

Feeling irritated with his comment, I turn to him and ask, "Horrible? I feel so much confident with this hair."

"Can I ask you something? Were you not a confident girl before?"

"I was and I am. But this makes me extra confident."

"Are you kidding me, Kat? You literally changed your identity as a blondie."

"I know I know! But look at me. Don't you see the difference in me apart from the color? I made a bold decision for the first time ever in my life. You knew that I live by rules and I obeyed all the authorities so that I don't get into troubles," I say while Jace being silent. He chooses to listen to me deeply this time.

I continue, "And I realized that throughout this 16 years of my life, I had never done anything remotely crazy or brave. I was just a... boring perfect girl."

Jace opens his mouth to say something but I stopped him, "Jace, at first, I had a different reason to cut and die my hair but now after looking at my reflection in the mirror, I realized that it is all about me and this hair really boost my confidence."

"Fine. I'm cool with the haircut but I can't accept those color."

"Come on Jace. I actually pull out this look you know?"

"Nope."

"Please."

"Never going to like it."

"Ugh, just drive, Jace."

So you guys must be wondering about my makeover that Jace hated so much. I actually had a short choppy wavy bob haircut and I have to say that I am so in love with those soft waves which gives a sense of fullness and volumes. As for the color, Tara has recommended thousands of colors to me but my eyes were fixed on that one color which I know a very few people will have it.

Lavender-gray.

Yes. I chose to dye my hair lavender gray. I immediately fell in love with the color when Tara showed me the sample. The color is like a smoky-gray base with a lavender tint. The amount of purple can vary from a light tinge into full-on lavender, but either way, it's a more refined twist on the unicorn colors from seasons past.

I have to admit that I actually like this new Katrina. Physically I mean.

The car ride to my house with Jace was so annoying because Jace can't just shut his duck mouth and keep bickering about how he hated my hair color. Typical Jace. He's not going to stop until my original hair color shows up.

After about twenty minutes Jace dropped me off at my house and disappeared immediately because he can't see me with this hair. Great, I'm just going to wait and see for how long he could avoid me like this. He is Jace Stone, soulmate of Katrina Jones. Well, both Katie and Jace are my best friends but Jace is a bit more close to me.

As I walk toward my house, I could see my mother's blue Peugeot is parked outside. What is she doing here at this hour which is at 4 P.M.? As far as I know both my father and mother always get back home after six thirty in the evening. Maybe she forgets her stuff or something.

I click the door open and get into my house. The cool breeze of the air conditioner blow cool air on my face as I stepped in and I make my toward the living room in where I will find my mother. Exactly as my thought, my mother is there in the living room, sitting on the dark brown Sienna Sectional sofa with a white small soft cushion on her lap while my brother is reading a book? Since when he became studious?

My mother is going through several documents which are related to her business I assume.

Her straight and long blonde hair elegantly flaunting her look like a professional businesswoman. That's where I've gotten my blonde hair from. Oh, how I wish I could be like my mother. She looks so flawless and confident.

"Hey, mom. Hey Bri," I say while walking into the living room and take my seat on the spacious sofa.

"Oh hey honey," my mom says without looking at me. She's still checking on her business documents. This is how it feels to be a child of busy parents.

I turn to face my brother hoping that at least I could talk with him but he is already looking at me and that look, is like he's seeing a ghost. Okay? Why is he looking at me in that way?

"What Bri? Am I looking like a vampire or something?"

"M-mm-mom?" He stutters and I am totally confused on why does he behaving like this.

"Brian, can't you see that I am going through an important-"My mom scold Brian but he cut my mom off before she could finish her words.

"Just stop that and look at my sister!"

What? Is he pranking my mother?

My mother shakes her head and turns to face me and her jaw drops.

Okay? Now it's like both of them are pranking me.

"Katrina Wendy Jones, what have you done with your hair?" My mother screams in shock. I'm hearing the same dialogue for the second time in a day.

Wait. What? Holy shit! I totally forgot about my hair. God bless me, please.

"Okay, mother... I went to Tara's to cut and dye my hair."

"And why do you have to choose that color? Katrina this is not you and this looks so immature!"

"It's not. It doesn't look, immature mom. It looks powerful."

She scoffs, "Powerful? You sure seem to be lost, Katrina. Come with me. We're going to Tara's and I want you to get back your blonde hair."

"No! I'm not coming, mother. I love this hair."

"You are listening to me my dear Katrina," she says and throws away those business files she was checking and gets up from the sofa. So do I.

She grabbed her handbag and my hand furiously and head toward the front door. I protested so much but she's not listening to me at all. Bri also tried to help me out but he miserably failed to do so.

Without any other option, I screamed out loud, "MOM!"

My mother let go of my hand slowly and I could see pain flashing through her green eyes. Honestly, I feel terrible for shouting at my mother but that's the only thing that could stop her from dragging me to outside.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you but please. I wanted to live my life a little and I swear that nothing will change despite this hair color."

I move a bit closer to my mom and hugged her in sideways, "I just changed the color mom and soon or later the blonde hair I had will be back. I'm really sorry, mother."

My mother wipes away the small tears at the corner of her eyes and hugged me back, "And I'm sorry for lashing out at you, honey. It's just that I felt awestruck with the transformation of your hair. Wow, I can't believe that my little daughter is growing up."

I giggled and reply to my mother, "I sure do. I'm turning seventeen soon, mother."

All of a sudden, her face falls when I tell her about my birthday and I wonder why is that.

"Mom? Are you okay?"

"Oh, yes yes. I'm fine," she says and squeezes into a tight a hug.

"Urm can I get a hug too from my busy mommy?" Bri shouted. He's standing awfully far from us.

We both laugh and open our arms to the annoying little Bri to join the group hug.

"Okay, so Brian go to your room and do your homework while I'm going to take your sister to Dr. Richard's clinic," she says and I just had a mini heart attack. I thought I was going to go alone to the clinic and talk with Dr. Richard that I just lied to my parents for the sake of bunking the school. He's a jovial person so I knew that he would help me. But now that my mom is taking me there, all my plan is crushed.

"Mom, I can go by myself. You have so much to deal with your business," I say hoping that my mother will agree.

"Oh, that's fine, honey. Actually, I'm home early to take you to the clinic. I have already made an arrangement. My assistant will take care of the office while I'm out."

Forming my mouth into the perfect O shape, I could only nod and follow her to Dr. Richard's clinic.

I'm in serious deep shit though.

There you go, Chapter 11! It's a bit longer than usual chapter but I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

So what do you guys think of Katrina's new hair? This is sort of how I have imagined it to be. So, Blondie Kat or Lavender Kat? Comment your opinion in the comment section below ❤

Follow me on instagram - book account if you want to see edits and updates info of the book and main account if you just want to talk or make friends! Also I'm looking for covers to be uploaded for each chapter. So if you're interested in doing a cover and edits, do send it to my email along with your wattpad username and instagram ID. I'll make sure to give you credits in both wattpad and instagram! Thank youu ❤

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE if you like this chapter!

Till next updates! Byeeee! Oh oh please check out the cast list chapter to see who's playing as Kat's parents and little Bri. I'm sure you guys are going to love them so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 6.6K 30
Angie Jones is poor. And not the cute "I wish I could afford Prada" poor, but rather the "a notebook or a sandwich?" kind. But she has a plan. She'll...
1.3M 23.3K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...
I'm So Sorry By nickey

General Fiction

9.1K 295 44
Twelve years is a long time to be around the same eight other people. And they say people grow strong bonds over years of friendships. But not all fr...