Like Father Like Son

By Talahia

Machai Arnez Henderson was truly his father son. He had multiple women coming through his luxury Townhome. He... More

Muwahhhh ❤️🥰😘
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
PSA ‼️

Chapter 10

2.2K 93 7
By Talahia

Mya

" girl you look stress" Brandy said sipping from her solo red cup she got from my cabinet.

" I'm just tired that's all" I said typing up my five page paper for one of my nursing classes.

" you know I can sit for you if you need me to?"

" I told you I'm fine B, I just need to get my life together" I said lowly.

" whatcha mean get your life together Mya?"

" I'm not where I want to be and it's killing me" I said closing my laptop rubbing a hand down my face.

" I'm still in school with a baby by a guy who I can't stand. This is not .... how I picture myself at the age of 23" I said as I unleash tears.

" Gosh I'm so tired of crying" I said as I wipe my eyes.

My goal was to graduate college, get in my career, then settle down.

This is what I get for falling in love with someone who ain't shit🙄.

"Well look at the bright side you have a wonderful baby boy, and you will be graduating in the next couple of months so you don't have that far to go mamas"

" yea I guess" I said shrugging my shoulders.

The sound of someone knocking at my door alerted me and Brandy.

I made sure I look through the peephole seeing Who it was.

" hey I was just returning your book before tomorrow"

" well thanks Darrin I actually forgot about it but it's all good"

" no problem ... are you free tomorrow by any chance"

" um yea after our class"

" cool I was wondering would you mind hanging out with me tomorrow ..... just as friends you know"

At this point I needed to have some fresh air.

" you know what .... why not"

" great I'll see you tomorrow"

" alright you have a safe drive"

" goodnight Mya" he said before I closed my door.

" um ......who .... was that" Brandy said pointing at the door.

" girl he is just one of my classmates" I said waving her off.

" girl please, one of your fine classmates. Why I'm just now seeing him" she said smirking.

" B relax he is nothing serious besides the last thing I'm worried about is finding a man"

" com'on Mya I'm pretty sure that Kitty Kat of yours is filled with the cobwebs"

" mind your business" I said pointing my finger.

Yes it has been some months.....

Ok well almost a year since Brodie was born, but that is the least of my thoughts.

The only needs I need to be worrying about is my baby boy and that is being his mama.

" I'm just saying sis you need to get you some . How about you go out this Friday with me and the girls, it will be like old times" Brandy reassured me.

" I don't know .....old times got me pregnant"

" com'on girl besides you know Brodie will be in good care with your mama"

" I'll think about it"

" well that's better than no"

The Next Day .....

Chai

" boy ya knees is weak, don't tell me I have a weak link as a son" my pops said as I Lift 200 hundred pound over my shoulder.

" pop stop playin with me" I said as I was breathing quick with the weights still on me.

I finally put them back where they belong before wiping my face down with a towel from sweat.

" mhm .... how is that business going of yours"

" pretty good, I plan on expanding it soon"

" damn that was quick"

" Yea I cant believe it either, and than on top of that you know I get celebrity cliente asking for personal gear." I said happily

" yea I saw that sheapard  boy from the giants team wearing your gear"

" I actually glad to say this ..... but you doing better than I me when I started out, now take these skill towards your co-parenting skills " he said laughing.

I don't know who's worse Grandpa or Pops.

" you always gotta be shady man"

" you know it's in me"

I checked my watch seeing that it was almost time for me to pick up Brodie.

" aye man I'll talk to you later"

" alright you still bringing my grandson to dinner"

" of course, and maybe y'all could keep him tonight as well" I said quickly leaving his gym before I could hear his respond.

I text  Mya that I was "on the way."

She replied back " meet me at the park"

I assume her and Brodie had a play date.

10 minutes later ......

I parked my car getting out seeing Brodie on the swing set with Mya helping him.

For some reason Mya looked good .....

I mean really good. Too good to be wearing something like what she had on to a park.

Mamas had her hair down, light makeup, shit she use to wear when we was dating.

" yoooo" I said catching their attention.

" Daddddyyyyy" Brodie said excitedly In the swing set.

I watch as Mya took him out the swing before he ran to me tripping over his shoe.

" woah you gotta be careful man" I said to him as he giggled.

" is my baby ok" Mya said checking for any bruises while he was in my arms.

" relax he a soldier, but what is the occasion?"

" what are you talking about" she said scrunching up her face.

" the light makeup, hair down, it gotta be somebody"

" boy mind your business"

" they better not be around my son"

" Chai don't play with me before I have to embarrass you at this park"

" you just sooo violent, Brodie why yo mama so violent ?" I question to him as we walked away from her.

After I buckle up Brodie. I patiently waited to see who was taking interest into Mya.

I watch as she waited  on the bench texting on her phone with a smiling face.

What the fuck?

A couple of minutes later this guy walks up to her with flowers in his hand.

" those not even her favorite" I said aloud to myself.

They walked to his car getting in.

Who the hell is that nigga. I put my car in drive leaving the park.

At the Henderson Resident

" sweetheart is everything ok ?" My mom ask

" I'm good .... just thinking"

" well maybe we can talk about it after dinner"

" Nawl baby ion know about that you might be a lil too busy" my pops said coming up behind my mom.

They disgust me foreal.

" ewwww man ion wanna hear that" I said smacking my teeth at them.

" he just mad cause he ain't getting none" my pops said attempting to whisper in my mama ear.

" Shane leave your son alone besides you need to be worrying about this guy of Brooks"

" wait Brook is bringing someone here .... to this house?"

" yea I thought you knew sweetie?" My mom said.

" well apparently not"

" yea I hope this dude come correct or imma have to beat his ass"

" Shane chill Brook is smart. I'm quite sure he will be the gentleman he should be"

" we'll see" he said sipping his brown liquor.

Meanwhile ......

" you know I'm actually glad to be spending this quality time with you Mya .... I really thought you wasn't going to give in" Darrin said sipping on the milkshake.

After hanging in the park for a little while we decided to stop by this cozy restaurant close by.

" yea I've been giving it some thought"

" about ..."

" just being out if that makes since ...... all I do is work and take care of my son you know"

" yea and that's what makes you a great mother"

" my uh m-mother raised me on her own while taken care of the bills like you are doing with your son. I see a lot of her in you "

" well I'm pretty sure she is proud of the man you have become"

" yea should would have .... she died 2 years ago"

" oh nooo I'm sorry to hear that" I said

" you are very strong Darrin ... I don't know what I'll do if I lost my mother"

And thats foreal

" yea .... some days I'm able to make through it and others I wish she could come back"

After that it got a little quiet between us. It was becoming a lil awkward as well

" umm .... so what's your plans after graduation even though that's some months from now"

" well I'm thinking about going into this surgical program"

" really"

" yep, that has always held my interest especially when I was kid growing watching those shows with doctors doing surgery, opening up bodies. My friends use to think it was gross but to me it was amazing"

" oh wow I guess I was like your friend then because that really gross me out"

All he did was laugh.

" com'on those shows was the best" he said wiping his mouth with a napkin.

" no it was not, how could you just sit their and watch a person's fat being removed from their body."

" well to each is on" he said shrugging his shoulder.

" but what about you ..." he asked me

" well hopefully I will get on with NY Medical"

" I know you will, you are smart ..... and pretty"

I felt my cheek getting warm.

" thanks for the compliment"

Since it was getting dark I thought it would be best to start heading home.

" I enjoy my time with you .... again Mya. Possibly we could do this for a third?"

" you know I'll like that ... this was pretty nice"

" yea it was ... drive safe home ok"

"I will and the same to you"

" will do"

I watched as he got in his car before I pulled off.

After 15 minutes of driving, I finally made it home to my place. To only be met with silence.

I took me a quick shower before studying and texting brandy about my "unexpected date"

GodMommy 🥰: look at my best friend finna get her a REAL MAN 🍆‼️👏🏽

Mya-Mya❤️: girl hush this was the first date

GodMommy 🥰:mhmm more to come 👀.

I read the text message without responding. I put my phone on the charger before going to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 1.4K 79
Short stories of your favourite drivers! ✰⋆🌟✪🔯Requests are open✰⋆🌟✪🔯
53.1K 3.4K 25
Reyansh Malhotra is the no nonsense multibillionaire and the most coldest mafia leader the country has known. From chopping off heads to firing bulle...
212K 9.6K 34
HIGHEST RANK #59 IN CHICKLIT. Ambrosia Sánchez's honeymoon should be spent laying on the silky sands of Barbados, drinking cocktails as she looks ou...
927K 71.2K 36
• INDIAN ARRANGE MARRIAGE • ˜"*°•.˜"*° •°*"˜.•°*"˜ "You're my peace within all the Chaos of my life" ...