Once In A Lifetime • Link Neal

By Edemuffin

The course of true love never did run smooth... His marriage was falling apart around him, despite his desire... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty - nine
forty.

twenty-eight.

694 29 4
By Edemuffin

*

Link held her so tight, like if he let go she would slip from his grasp and into oblivion. She was trembling slightly in his hold, and he felt the burning plea for air in his lungs as she kissed him. 

Finally, she broke away, not saying a word as she pulled her shirt up and over her head. His breath was heavy as she tossed it, hands reaching down to yank on the soft fabric of his own shirt. 

"Lu." He breathed out, catching the expression on her face. She frowned, gaze narrowed as she looked at him. Her eyes were red, tears threatening to stain her cheeks. 

"Please." She whispered, sharply. He knit his brows, pushing the wild strays of chestnut hair away from her face, before gently touching her cheek. She leaned into his touch, eyes closing for a moments time, 

"You're the only person I have right now, and I need you to help me." She admitted, "Please, distract me. Touch me, fuck me, I just want to forget everything else." He felt his breath hitch at the harsh words escaping her, the beauty of her face twisted with disdain. 

He would do anything for her, anything. 

Without another word, he pulled her close, his lips smashing against hers harshly. She felt the cool fabric of the comforter grace her back, his weight atop her heavy, and she gripped him harder, pulling him closer. Her teeth nipped his lip, drawing a groan from his lips while the familiar touch of his hands ghosted down her sides, slipping beneath the fabric of her jeans. She raised her hips, fingers pulling his hair as though to drive home the urgency of her needs. 

"Please-" She whispered, releasing his lip to drop her head against the bed beneath them. Link caught her gaze, pleading and dark. He swallowed thickly, before yanking on the jeans, pulling them down her hips along with her underwear to discard in a pile somewhere unseen. Her hands darted out to grab his shirt again, and he let her tear it from his body, glasses caught in the fabric as well. He didn't care, though. He heard them clatter against the floor, forgotten as he hastily worked on the button of his jeans. 

The air was cool around them, despite the warmth that enveloped them; hands grasping and touching greedily. She savored the way he felt above her-heavy, secure, safe. When he found himself between her thighs, she inhaled sharply, the sudden and painful stretch of him causing a flash of white to grace her vision. It felt otherworldly, and she let herself drown in his embrace. He moaned softly, head dropped down to kiss her beneath the ear, the vibrations of his sounds resounding close to her head, leaving a buzz that lingered through her entire body. 

"Tell me again." She whimpered, thighs trembling around his waist as he moved harshly, fucking her like she asked. It wasn't sweet, it wasn't slow, it was just what she begged for. 

"I love you." He breathed out, harshly. She gasped, her head thrown back in a wonderful mixture of pain and pleasure, every shunt of his hips forward drawing a sharp dagger of pain deep inside her being. It was quickly chipping away at her composure, her ragged breath replaced with a crescendo of moans and whimpers. 

He reached up, running a hand though her hair, before gripping it. He was losing himself, control escaping his grasp as she quivered beneath him. "God, I love you-" He groaned, dipping his head down to grace her neck with a kiss, before suddenly and impulsively drawing the fair skin between his teeth. 

Her nails dragged along his scalp, legs tightening around his waist as he moved, relentless. Her full lips parted, a sharp gasp followed with a silent cry. Her voice was no where to be found, but her body cried out; back arched wonderfully, chest taut against his own with legs tight enough to squeeze the life right out of him. He gasped, releasing his vicious bite before pressing so tight against her, she whimpered. It hit him so hard, so suddenly, he was left speechless for a moment, simply dropping to rest his forehead against her shoulder, body trembling with the residual shocks of pleasure that coursed through his being. 

"Thank you." 

He pulled away, eyes widened slightly as he gauged her expression. Her face was flushed pink, chest rising and falling rapidly as she managed a subtle smile, "I love you, too." 

_____

The sun was gone now, the room dark and devoid of any sound say for the soft breathes and small sounds that escaped her. He stroked her cheek with his thumb, cerulean gaze wandering over the curves and angles of her face, relaxed into a blissful state of slumber. She was beautiful. Broken, ripped at the edges, but still, beautiful. Link had decided then and there, he would do whatever it took to make her happy. After everything she's been through, she deserved it. 

He wasn't tired, but he found himself laying beside her in the bed, the heavy comforter draped over their naked forms and enveloping them in a warmth that caused his eyes to close. His hand moved, sliding down to wrap around her torso, pulling her close enough that the air between them was shared. 

He was almost there, the weightlessness of sleep dawning on him, when his phone softly chimed from across the room. Link opted to ignore it, pulling Lucy's lithe frame closer to his own with a soft grunt. Another ding from his phone brought his eyes open, and he let out a soft sigh. 

"Go ahead." She whispered, eyes still closed. Link raised his brows, noticing the subtle smile that caressed her lips. 

"How long've you been awake?" He asked. 

"Long enough to know it's bothering you." She countered, playfully. She opened her eyes to throw him a playful glint, and he chuckled lightly. 

"I'll be right back." He assured her, closing the minute distance between them to kiss her, soft and chaste, before pulling the blanket off. She brought the comforter closer to her face, her smile hidden behind the fabric as she admired the sight of his body, outlined and barely visible with the light basking through the open window.

He quickly snatched up his briefs, slipping them back on and over his narrow hips, earning him a disappointed noise from Lucy. Link threw her a knowing smirk, before crossing the room to grab his phone off the table in the dining area. She was watching him, the light from his phone illuminating his face enough to show the frown that pulled on his lips. 

"What is it?" She asked, shifting in the bed to push herself up, sitting with the comforter draped around her form. Link glanced at her, before re-reading the message in his phone. 

"It's, uh. It's Christy. She wants to meet up tomorrow, after work. Say's the kids have been askin' about me." He eyed her for a moment, "There's also some paperwork I need to take care of, to finalize the divorce." 

She nodded her head, slowly. 

"Yeah, you should go. They haven't seen you in a while." She said, softly. She threw in a smile for good measure, but Link could feel the uncertainty radiate from her being. He set the phone down, quickly making his way back to the bed. 

"Hey," He quickly climbed onto the mattress, situating himself against the headboard before reaching out and grabbing her waist, pulling her atop his lap. She draped the blanket around them, forearms laying to rest against his shoulders. "There's nothin' to worry about, baby. I'll be comin' back to you at the end of the day. Hell, maybe next time you can come with, I'll take you and the kids out for a day." He offered, and she smiled. The prospect of getting to know his children was daunting, but she saved her concern on the matter, 

"What am I gonna do here without you?" She asked, lightly. Her hand raised up his neck, before gliding through the tousled black and grey atop his head. 

"You don't have to stay here, y'know." 

She quirked her head, and he continued. 

"How about you spend some time with Rhett? I mean, he's my bestfriend, you're my...Well, I guess girlfriend. But I don't like the sound of that," He began, and she raised her brows, "Soulmate? Lover? Significant other?" 

Lucy cracked a smile, watching his expressions as he thought of a suitable title for whatever it was they were. 

"My squeeze." She added on, and he grinned, 

"Wait, no. That was just a suggestion-"

"My squeeze. Baby girl," He leaned forward to steal a kiss, and she laughed against him, pushing him back playfully against the shoulders, 

"Sweet thang."

"Oh gosh," She rolled her eyes, but the brilliant blush on her cheeks didn't lie. She noted the southern lilt in his voice, an endearing sound.

"So how 'bout it, baby girl?" He asked, leaning against her touch to land a kiss on her jaw, despite the laughter that rolled from her lips. "Wanna take some time, get to know 'em?" 

He was referring to Rhett, and to be quite honest, she was a little ambivalent. But he made a very valid point; He's known the man since first grade. If she was going to be apart of his life, she needed to at least get along with him. Not that she didn't, but she knew next to nothing about Rhett say for his work habits. She turned her attention to Link, his head tilted back with a hopeful glint in his ocean eyes, 

"Okay, okay." She acquiesced, her gaze softening at the relief that showed on his face. "For you, anything." She leaned down, catching him in a sweet embrace, one basked in moonlight and soft breaths. 

-comment/vote if you liked this chapter! sorry for typos and stuff, one day i'll edit this book. but today is not that day. xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 335 20
Something weird has happened to Link. He hates everyone he loved. One by one his relationships begin to weaken and crumble away. Everyone leaves him...
3.1K 102 21
It was an endless cycle where he'd never fall for you. You've been betrayed and disappointment that Link will never accept you for who you are. You...
153K 5.8K 90
This is story it about a 25 year old girl named Sarah who moves over to America, LA from the UK. She's a fan of Rhett and Link and when looking for a...
4.9K 202 19
Rhett & Link Fan Fiction Trigger Warning