Too Good to Be Real

By royalty__writes

She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Bonus Chapter

chapter 28

322 59 11
By royalty__writes

"So just because he shared his life story and he took me out to dinner, we're supposed to automatically start dating!"

"I'm sure he didn't mean it like that." Nathi said. It was evening and they were both seated at the love garden. Nathi had texted saying she needed to talk to her,but so far it was Oma who was doing the most talking.

"Ha! He just walked out on me and made me feel like a fool golloping after him. If I'd known he was this immature, I would never have gone out on the date in the first place."

"But if you knew it was a date, why did you still go with him? You know he's liked you for a long time." Nathi said. Nathi was being unreasonably calm. This topic really interested her.

"So I can't just go out with my friend for dinner without being in love with him. Besides,I have a boyfriend."

Nathi's smile was wide enough to crack her face in two.

"I knew it! I was wondering how long it would take you guys. Just yesterday I asked Asher and he just dodged the question. That's exactly what I was going to talk to you about."
Oma smiled too. She wondered why Asher dodged the question instead of straight up telling her.

"Why didn't he tell you? You're cousins. Why would he avoid the question?" She asked.

Nathi sighed, crossed her legs and rested her elbows on the round table. The perfect position for someone about to "talk".

"I'll tell you something. Many years ago, Asher met this girl he really liked. She was pretty and he was immediately smitten by her. He tried to get her for years but she wasn't interested. It seemed like she was interested in every other person but him. But that didn't stop him. He followed her everywhere. Literally everywhere. He went to the same school with her and even when she moved to another university, he changed with her. His parents were furious, even her parents were furious when they confronted them about it. Eventually, he finally got over her and moved here where he could never see her again. He gave up on relationships entirely." She made a dramatic pause and touched Oma's cheek. She flinched.
"But somehow when he saw you, he just suddenly changed. You're all he ever talks about and now I know the change is for real. I don't know what you're doing, but please keep doing it."

She smiled.

"So when next are you meeting?"

"Tomorrow evening. In his lodge."

"Alright. Have fun."

***

The next day, Oma fidgeted when she entered her class. She didn't know what to expect from Obi. She was sure he'd ignore her. She just hoped it wouldn't be permanent. Even if he didn't, things would definitely be weird for both of them. How she wished he didn't have to have feelings for her.

She found him at their usual spot in class with his head low. Swallowing, she quickly passed by him, hoping to get as far away as she possibly could from him. She felt a hand drag her back roughly.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said. He had a huge grin plastered on his face. This was not the reaction she'd expected. To avoid unnecessary attention, she sat beside him since he wouldn't release her hand.

"Oh...uh..."

"How was your night?" He asked.

"It was... okay"

"You're not smiling today. Why not?" He had his hand under his chin still grinning. Of all the reactions she'd expected from him, this was not one of them.

She managed a weak smile.
"I just had a rough night. I had a lot on my mind."

"About?"

Was he being serious!

Oh...

He was acting like nothing had happened.

News flash. She could act too.
Or she could try..

"About school and home and all of that."

"You could have at least called me. When was the last time we spoke on the phone?"

She laughed. This was a million times better. Hopefully,their relationship wasn't completely ruined.

"We talk all the time. What are you reading?" She asked pointing at the scattered books on his desk.

"For the test we have tomorrow."

"What test!"

He gave her a look that said "are you serious?"

"Phonetics. Didn't you know? This is why you should call me Oma. Obviously, school is not for you. You need someone to remind you where you are." He said and she hit him playfully on the arm.

"Idiot! Okay. You're right. I need help."

"Sure thing. We can study together after classes today."

She was meant to see Asher after classes. But she couldn't tell Obi that. He could suddenly shut out like yesterday.

"Actually...I can't...I have..."

"A date?" He asked. But there was a gleam in his eye, showing he wasn't mad.

"Kind of."

"Books before dukes. Phonetics before dicks."

She couldn't help laughing.

"What the hell is that?" She asked still laughing. He shrugged, smiling.

"It rhymes, doesn't it?"

They agreed to have a night class.

***

Oma stood transfixed at the door to Asher's lodge. She felt her legs squabble. How could he! There was a pair of slippers that definitely belonged to no boy.

She was about to barge in when she began to hear voices. She held the door and listened. Passersby looked at her weirdly but she didn't care.

"Akani... Come and massage my back."

"Get out of my room. I'm having company."

"Oh jeez. What does massaging my back have to do with you expecting someone? It's your fault it's paining me anyway. With all your rough handling." The female voice said. It was unmistakably Nathi's voice. Her anger turned to confusion. What the hell was going on?

He laughed.

"Stop talking before somebody will think..."

Oma couldn't take it anymore. She opened the door and sure enough were Asher and Nathi in his room. He was sitting at the edge of the bed with his laptop while Nathi was lying on the bed.

"Oma." He said excitedly and stood up to hug her. She didn't hug him back but she didn't push him either. "I was just about to call you. This bitch didn't want to leave my room." He said referring to Nathi who waved at her.

"Bastard!" She said giving him a finger. "Your stupid boyfriend broke my back."

"How?" Oma asked because she genuinely wanted to know.

"She saw an exercise online and asked me to help her do a back bend and after trying my best to bend her stiff back she started complaining. I don't even know what to do with her." He said and earned glares from Nathi.

"While I'd love to waste my time and batter back and forth with you, I want Oma here to have a good time." She said, hugging her and making her feel extremely short. "Bye!" She said in a sing song voice before leaving the room.

"Now that that's been gotten rid of, let's get to business." He said, smiling flirtatiously at her. She smiled back rather weakly, feeling like an idiot for thinking something was going on between him and his cousin.

"Why does she suddenly want to start exercising?" She asked, needing some sort of closure. She let her self be led by him to the bed.

"According to her, she wants to 'keep that body in shape" He said imitating Nathi's voice causing Oma to laugh.

There was a knock on the window.
"I heard that!" Nathi said from outside.

"Get out!" Asher said knocking back on the window. Nathi rolled her eyes and left. Finally.

"How was school today?" He asked laying on the bed beside her.

"It was cool. Turns out we have a test tomorrow that I just happened to hear of today."

"Ugh. I had a date planned out. Now we can't do it."

"We can still do something else." She said seductively.

He didn't pick up on that. Or maybe he did, but he didn't act upon it.

She told him all that had happened the day before with Obi and he was visibly irritated.

"I hate that boy." He said after a while. It didn't need to be said. Oma already knew. She liked this because it meant he didn't want to share her with any other person which made her feel special, but hated it because Obi was her friend and she wasn't losing him no matter what.

"Do you really need to read with him tonight?"

"Well, he's the only one that can actually teach me. You don't know, but I need help in French."

"What about Nathi?" He asked and at once the irony of what he just said struck him.

"How long do we have before ten?" He asked and she glanced at her phone.

"It's past six so four more hours."

"Where are you going?" Oma asked him. He was pulling on a shirt over his head.

"The question should be 'where are we going?'. And to answer that, we're going to a restaurant."

"Oh." She didn't want to go anywhere. She wanted to stay here. With him! She was hoping they would...

"You don't seem so excited." Very observant boyfriend she had.

"There's no problem at all. I was just hoping to spend time with you."she said coming closer. "Alone."

He smiled and placed a hand on hers.

"What do you want to do with me, alone?"

Her heart was beating loudly. This was really going to happen!

She enveloped his lips with hers and she responded immediately filling them both with need. She put her hand in his hair and he did the same. This was a million times better than going out to restaurant.

His hand travelled south and without warning, she was under him. He took off his shirt, showing shiny skin underneath. So he'd shaved all that hair off. What did this guy have against hair!
He kissed her neck continuously, sending fire to her insides all over again and all she could do was rub his back and wriggle under him. She wanted to do this. She was ready. She was pooling beneath him. She bent to give him access to remove her top which he swiftly did. Her skirt came off next and soon enough, the only hindrance they had was their underwear.

"You look beautiful." He said, smiling down at her while she blushed. He stood up, probably to take off his shorts while she struggled to take off her bra. Instead, he tossed her her shirt.

"What!" She demanded.

He just smiled and said. "You have a test tomorrow. I don't want you to have so much to think about. If we do this, it'll definitely stay on your mind forever."

"You're an asshole!" She screamed in her head staring at him like he'd just lost his mind. "So what are we supposed to do now?"

"I'm already dressing up and so should you. I told you we were going to a restaurant, didn't I?"

Never had Oma been so frustrated to eat before.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*************
This chapter is a little cringy lol but I gave myself an ultimatum to publish today so...

Please vote and comment what you think. Let's make it to 1000 votes guys! :)))))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 274 19
"Are you sure about this?" "Oh my God, just kiss me already!" That's all it took for him to embrace my body and take me in for a deep kiss that sent...
4.8K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
385K 12.4K 31
They pooped together, They dressed together, celebrated birthdays together gone to school together and so much more. He was her pillow, She was his B...
7.5K 2.2K 29
Imagine going from this: "Can I kiss you?" Those words reverberated through my ears and sent shivers down my spine, literally. I could sense the pass...