Protectors of Earth

By NatLannister

Sequel to Freedom Fighters so it may be confusing to read if you haven't read the first one. More

A Sneak Peek
Chapter 0
Day of Rest
A New Hope
A New Threat
The Unexpected Visit
A Bad Feeling
Lunch Date
Under the Sea
The First to Go
One or the Other
Who to Trust?
House of Memories
Puppet and the Puppeteer
Sweet Bliss of Death
No More Pain
The Light Goes Out
Not An Update
Locker Room Talk
Running Away
A Flicker in the Dark

Put on Your War Paint

1.2K 46 74
By NatLannister

Something was wrong, Peter could sense it. He knew when the morning light woke him up. He wasn't even surprised when Tierra told him Rebecca and Trish were missing. They were traitors and Peter would have no problem killing them like he what he did to Zayn. "Let's get ready to bring the fight to them" was all he said to Tierra before walking away. The boy had other things to worry about, he just had to make sure Natalie wouldn't try escaping either. He had very important plans for the girl, plans he didn't even trust telling Tierra about.

The enemy camp erupted in chaos as everyone prepared for war. Peter watched over the camp with a smile on his face. With his ability no one on the freedom fighter side had a chance of stopping him. He couldn't wait to kill them off one by one, ending their perfect little relationship. But Peter had a back-up just in case.

Tierra stood by Peter's side like always, feeling her own sense of excitement. She wanted to rule, and have people cower in fear whenever they saw her. Hopefully Peter would leave some enemies alive so Tierra could finally rule.

"Bring me Natalie" Peter commanded, not even turning to glance at his friend. "I have something special she must do."

Without saying a word, the girl left to fulfill Peter's command. Maybe one day she will be the one telling Peter what to do.

***********************

"No I don't want to" Niall yelled, throwing his hands in the air. "They left us."

Zayn frowned, unsure of how to convince his boyfriend to search for Liam and Harry. "If we use Louis's ability I think we can find them" he reasoned. "Don't you want them back."

"I want them to come back willingly. They need to come back on their own, without any influence from us."

"That isn't fair Niall, they both think I am dead."

"And they left Louis and I for dead" Niall seethed, storming out of the room. "If you want to find them, I won't stop but don't expect me to help." The door slammed shut, and Zayn was left alone with his thoughts.

He pondered about whether he should find Louis, and talk to him about finding Harry and Liam, but ultimately decided not to. Louis was so happy today and he knew bringing up Harry and Liam would upset him. Besides Louis was showing around Trish and Rebecca, and teaching Trish how to use her powers. It would be unfair to take him away from that.

It seemed like searching for his missing boyfriends was going to be done just by Zayn. He honestly didn't even know what he would say to them if he found them. Or worse what if Peter attacked when Zayn was gone. He needed to be here for Louis and Niall, and protect them. Zayn had no idea of what to do.

If Simon and Paul were alive, they would know exactly what to do. Zayn wished he could be as brave and strong as those men were. They handled every situation with grace and dignity and never ran away when times got tough.

Zayn turned to leave and nearly screamed when he saw Jacob standing in the doorway. "Hello Zayn, I'm glad you are alive."

"Thanks, is there something I can do for you?"

"Actually I came here to offer you something."

"What is it?"

"Well me, Malene, and Han were thinking of gathering a small team to look for Liam and Harry. We each are pretty good trackers and want to help. You shouldn't have search for them, you just came back to life. Let us do something for a change."

Zayn was taken aback by the offer. It left him speechless. "Thank you" was all he could mutter out.

Jacob smiled. "We shall leave right away. I want to have the boys back as soon as possible."

The conversation left Zayn in such a shocked state, he didn't even say bye when Jacob left. He hoped they would be able to find Harry and Liam.

Once Zayn finally broke out of the trance, he went to find Louis and Niall. They needed to prepare for whatever Peter was going to throw their way.

Louis was easy to find, he was showing Trish how to summon animals. Trish seemed to only be summoning pandas. "Trish can you stop creating pandas?" Louis begged, earning a giggle from Rebecca.

"Seems practice is going good" Zayn commented, sitting down next to Rebecca who was drawing in her notebook.

"Trish is bad at following the rules."

"I can tell."

It took Louis a few more minutes to finally notice Zayn. When he did he ran over and hugged him, engulfing his face in kisses. "I missed you" he proclaimed.

"I was only gone for an hour" Zayn laughed.

"That is too long."

The boys embraced, making up for lost time. "Jacob and some of the other Germans are going to search for Liam and Harry and bring them back to us."

Louis's smile dropped. "Oh" he muttered, backing away from Zayn.

Zayn could tell Louis was just as upset by Niall. Maybe he shouldn't have told Louis about the Germans plan.

It was late afternoon when the search team left. They brought weapons and a week's supply of food. The group consisted of the German leaders and nine other volunteers. They each split into groups of four and went different directions into the woods. They felt confident they would find the boys.

Niall and Louis were the only ones not excited about the search party. Zayn could tell that his boyfriends had really hurt the blond and Louis. It would take some time for them to forgive Harry and Liam. Zayn pulled Louis and Niall into a hug and told them everything would work out.

That night Caroline allowed Evan to be free as long as he was supervised. Trish, Rebecca, and Evan happily all sat together, and Zayn could tell they were slowly becoming Freedom Fighters.

Zayn spent his evening with his boyfriends and it felt amazing. The horror he endured at the hands of Peter still haunted him, but being with Niall and Louis helped him forget. He felt happy and never wanted this feeling to end.

The night was cut short, when an alarm started blaring out. Caroline and Ryan stood up each sharing a terrified glance. "Everyone get in your battle stations, Peter is almost here."

"How close is he?" Niall asked, squeezing Zayn's hand.

"Our watchers say an hour or two away. They are on the move towards us."

People were running everywhere around the camp. The children were being led into a hidden bunker while the adults each grabbed their weapons. Ryan was coordinating where the soldiers were to hide. They needed to figure out a way to stop Peter from using his mind control power. He could wipe the whole army with one command.

It was decided that Zayn, Niall, and Louis would face off against Peter outside the campground to keep him away from Caroline and the others. The Freedom Fighter army would then fight Peter's army.

The plan though was easier said than done. Fighting Peter was nearly impossible. Rebecca and Trish both volunteered to help so it made Zayn feel a little better, but he knew most of their attention would be on helping their friend Natalie.

Evan was going to help Caroline. Many of the soldiers in Peter's army were under mind control. The goal was to knock out the soldiers under mind control, but Caroline knew they would not be able to spare everyone. But that was the price of war. Innocent blood was always spilled.

The waiting and build up to the fight filled Zayn with dread. He didn't want it to turn out like last time. After an hour had passed, Zayn and the others headed outside the campground. They walked about a mile away from it and waited silently for Peter.

Rebecca and Trish hid in the trees, hoping to surprise attack their old friend. Their odds weren't great, but they only had to defeat two people. It couldn't be that hard.

From a distant they could see 2 figure, which Zayn found odd. Niall, Zayn, and Louis each got ready to fight. Louis took to the sky as a bird, trying to get a better vantage point. Zayn went to hide, he was their secret weapon. Peter had no idea he was alive.

Niall stood alone waiting for Peter and he didn't have to wait long. "Niall are you all alone?" Peter mocked, coming out of the tree line. "Have your boyfriends all left you to die?"

"No" Niall screamed, shooting a blast of water at Peter. The enemy jumped out of the way yelling for Niall to freeze. "Louis I want you to crash to the ground."

Zayn watched in horror as Louis plunged down to the earth. Just as he was about to jump out, Trish did and used Harry's wind power to catch Louis. Louis landed safely on the ground, but was frozen.

"Well hello old friend" Peter smiled "I want you and Rebecca on your knees completely powerless."

Both did as they were told and were on their knees in front of Peter. Natalie and Tierra emerged next. "Traitors" Tierra spat, spitting in her old friends faces.

Peter walked over to Niall, pulling out a large sword. Zayn just couldn't sit by, and watch this happen. His whole body broke out in flames as he charged Peter head on. Peter had no time to react and was hit with two fireballs from Zayn.

Tierra jumped into action, taking out a gun and shooting it at Zayn. The bullets easily burned away before they could even touch him. "Oh shit" Tierra yelled, when a blast of fire came hurling her way.

The three who were trapped under Peter's control broke free from Peter's broken concentration. Niall stood up, running over to check on Louis. His boyfriend was still unconscious, but seemed to be fine. Just to be safe though, Niall used his healing powers on him.

Rebecca began to draw on her notepad, her pencil moving so fast it was almost a blur. Trish summoned Harry's power and blasted Tierra with a gust of wind. The wind sent Tierra to a large tree, which she smacked her head roughly against. "Surrender so I won't have to hurt you" Trish begged.

While Tierra was distracted, Zayn set his sights on Peter. He was going to end this madness once and for all. Zayn's whole body was covered in flames, and he planned to burn his enemy to a crisp. Things were finally going his way.

A sudden tiredness took over Zayn as he fell to his knees. The fire on his body slowly went out, and a green haze surrounded him. He had forgotten about Natalie.

The girl walked over to Peter and helped him up. She continued to suck the life from Zayn, and began doing it to Niall and Louis. "Good job my friend" Peter beamed, walking over to Trish. "You will heal Tierra and I. And Rebecca I want you draw some restraints that can subdue powers."

"I can't do that" Rebecca claimed, looking up from her notepad.

"Of course you can. Just picture the containment cells we were kept in when given our powers"

Rebecca began to draw, with tears running down her face. "Better yet" Peter laughed "draw one of the containment cells as well."

When Trish finished healing Tierra, she began to heal up Peter. The burns on his body slowly closed up and was he looking as good as new. "Natalie don't kill our new prisoners, just keep them under control until Rebecca is done" Peter commanded, when seeing Niall topple over with grayish skin.

It took only a few minutes for Rebecca to finish the drawing. She pulled out of her picture three restraints that were white and looked almost like handcuffs.. Peter and Tierra eagerly took them, putting them on the Freedom Fighters.

Louis was just waking up, when he felt his hand get tied behind his back. "What's happening?" he yelled, looking around for his boyfriends.

"Your worst nightmare" Tierra laughed, kicking Louis directly in the gut. The boy attempted to fight back, but his powers wouldn't work. He looked over at Niall, and saw the blond was in pretty bad shape. He seemed to be in a lifeless daze. His blue eyes had a gray tint and his skin was beginning to shrivel.

Louis turned his head to see Zayn fighting against his restraints to get to Niall. "Help him" he begged.

"No. These restraints are meant to let you watch me slowly kill you all. I don't want you under mind control, I want you to be in complete control of your mind and body. And looks like our first volunteer to die is Niall."

Trish and Rebecca were placed inside the holding cell, when Rebecca finished drawing it. They were going to watch the deaths of their new friends, before they would be kept under Peter's control just like before.

No matter how much Zayn tried, his powers would not work. He could only wiggle his way closer to Niall. He would do anything in his power to protect him. Louis was surprisingly calm till Peter pulled out a knife.

Cries of protest left his mouth, as Peter and Tierra approached Niall. The blade cut away the blond's shirt, leaving his pale stomach out in the open. Both boys offered to take Niall's place, which only made Peter smile more. Their desperate pleads was the whole reason he was doing it.

Just as the knife was about to puncture his stomach, Peter stopped himself. "Sadly you can't die just yet. We have other plans for you." He turned to Louis with a smile "but you on the other hand can be killed."

Louis didn't even have time to react when the knife was stabbed into his gut. He released a scream of pain, while tears rolled down his face. "Maybe if you scream loud enough Harry and Liam will come back" Peter mocked, handing the weapon to Tierra.

Zayn's voice went numb from all the yelling he was doing. He wanted to be strong enough to save his boyfriend. All he could do was watch in agony as Tierra stabbed him again in the stomach. Louis screamed again, but it was much more quiet. The blood loss was beginning to take its toll.

"I love you guys" Louis whispered out, slipping in and out of consciousness. He felt so cold. Zayn and Niall rolled over and placed their heads on Louis. Even if they couldn't stop Peter, they wanted him to know he wasn't alone.

"It's not even that bad, baby. You are going to be fine" Zayn lied, earning a small smile from the Louis.

"We will be joining you soon, Louis. Just know I love you and can't wait to spend forever with you in the afterlife" Niall soothed. Louis was calm now. He had accepted his fate, he was happy he could die surrounded by the men he loved.

Louis began to feel numb. It felt like he was floating in the clouds. He wished Liam and Harry the best. Even though they ran off, he forgave them. He loved those boys with all his heart. He would see them again one day. Breathing became harder for him, as his lungs filled with blood.

A strong breeze blast through the trees, raining leaves down on Zayn. He glanced up and thought he was seeing things. He could have sworn he saw Harry, but that was impossible.

The wind speed began to pick up and Zayn knew instantly that it was his Harry. Peter had pissed off Harry and he was about to pay.

Harry jumped to the ground sending a strong blast of wind in every direction. He turned to Peter and wrapped his head in an airless bubble. "That should keep him quiet."

Liam came running towards Louis. He broke the boy's restraint and picked him up bridal style. "Niall you need to heal him" he yelled, breaking the blond's restraints.

"He's too weak" Zayn said, looking over at his pale boyfriend. Niall could barely move because of Natalie sucking out his energy. "Trish can heal him, set her free" Zayn responded, leaving Liam no time to argue.

Liam may not trust Trish, but she was their only hope. The container was broken when Liam impaled it with a sharp rock.

The girl immediately went into action. She took water from the grass around her, and started to heal up Louis. The wounds began to close and Louis began to breathe normally.

While the boys were distracted by Louis, Tierra made her move. She tackled Harry to the ground and began to choke him. Zayn was still powerless thanks to the restraints and Niall was too weak to do anything. The bubble around Peter popped and he fell to the ground gasping for air. "Natalie do something" Tierra yelled, tightening her grasp on the boy's neck.

Natalie was stuck in a daze. Peter's hold of her had been for so long it would be hard to break. Rebecca quickly drew a rope and wrapped it around Tierra's neck. "Two can play at this game bitch." The grasp around Harry's neck loosened enough for him to wiggle free.

The two worked together. Rebecca finished tying the rope around Tierra's neck, while Harry took the other end of the rope to a tall tree branch. He pulled the rope up till she could no longer touch the ground. Tierra struggled for a few seconds, but eventually her legs stopped kicking and she went completely limp.

While Harry was finishing up with Tierra, Liam freed Zayn and went over to inspect Niall. "We need to get Niall to the nearest source of water" he stated, beginning to pick up the blond.

Peter finally regained himself to see his best friend hanging lifeless from a tree. "You bastards" he seethed. He got ready to open his mouth again, but was pounced on by Zayn.

"I have been waiting to do this for ages" Zayn said with fire in his eyes. He opened Peter's mouth and disintegrated the enemy's tongue. "Now try to talk" he laughed, spitting direcly at Peter's face. Peter was tied up, and thrown to the side.

For the time being, the boys were safe. Liam and Harry could finally take it in that Zayn was alive. "I thought I was imaging it when I saw you" Harry admitted, staring at his boyfriend. "How are you alive?"

"Trish and Niall brought me back."

"Yea about that, are they good or something now?" Harry asked, pointing at Rebecca, Trish, and Natalie. The two friends were trying to bring Natalie back to reality.

"Yes, they turned good."

"They can't forgiven. They did horrible things to you, Paul, and Simon. We should kill them like their friends."

Zayn put his hand on Harry's shoulder. "We all did things in the past we aren't proud of. You did bad things too Harry, but you changed and so did they. Give them a chance."

"I'm going to cut this reunion short, because Niall needs to be healed up" Liam said. "Hopefully Peter's army are no longer under the mind control."

Harry went quiet for a moment, then gasped "I never saw their army. It was only Peter and Tierra."

"Then where is their army?" Zayn asked, causing Liam to put Niall down. He stood over him protectively. He glanced over to see Trish still holding onto Louis, and met eyes with her. She conveyed she would protect Louis, which gave Liam some relief.

"We need to leave here" Natalie whispered, panic written all over her face. She began to sway back and forth. "I didn't mean to do it."

Dread filled the lads as they listened to the girl. "What did you do?" Rebecca asked calmly, but Zayn could tell she was scared.

"Peter made me do it."

Zayn glanced over at Peter to see he was laughing and smiling. "Natalie, what did you do?" Zayn questioned in a much more serious turn.

Her glazed over eyes stared directly into Zayn's. "Peter discovered not only could I take someone's life force, but I can also give the life force to something that is dead."

"What are you trying to say?" Louis whispered, but he already knew the answer.

"What Natalie is trying to say is she brought us back" Taylor responded, stepping out of the woods. "Peter wanted a back up plan in case you somehow beat him."

"And good thing he did" Ed yelled, charging directly at Liam. The boy was still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that 2 dead Fearsome Five members were standing in front of him, so he didn't have time to dodge.

Liam was thrown roughly on the ground, having his breath knocked out of him. Before he could even stand, Ed sent a sonic wave directly at Liam, throwing him at least 20 feet back.

While Liam was being fought, Taylor started to sing a sweet tune putting the remaining team to sleep. Zayn was the first to succumb to her singing, he collapsed to the ground quickly followed by Trish and Rebecca. Harry tried to stop her, but her voice was too powerful. "You will die soon" she sang, "but first we must borrow Niall. Well it technically won't be borrowing since he won't be coming back."

"What are you going to do?" Harry yawned, falling to his knees.

Justin teleported behind Harry and kicked him in the head. "Peter's army could only bring three of us back, so we think Niall has enough power to bring Katy and Josh back."

"Maybe we should take another one just to be sure" Ed suggested, flying next to Justin.

"Where is Liam?"

"He's been taken care of for the time being."

"Then let's go" Justin commanded. "Let's take Louis, I still haven't forgiven him for killing me."

Harry reached out his hand in an attempt to stop them, but ended up getting mocked. His eyes grew heavy and he couldn't stop himself from closing them. 

Hello my readers, I am so sorry for not posting for so long. Life just became very busy. This year was my last year of college and I also got a full time job at a law office, so I have been busy. I promise I will finish this story. Thank you for sticking with me. 

Please let me know what you thought of the chapter. I hope you guys have had a great year. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 16.5K 110
Just read the title:)
144 3 1
Is this another Fairytale? Yes.
Oops! By E James

Fanfiction

644 54 16
Read it. it's good.
My forever By Ki

Fanfiction

3.4K 64 54
Third book to 'No one knows' series. If you haven't read the others DO NOT read this one.