Too Good to Be Real

By royalty__writes

She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Bonus Chapter

chapter 26

358 50 4
By royalty__writes

On his bed, he lay deep in thought. He couldn't shake the feeling she didn't want to see him.
Nathi lay beside him, deeply asleep, unaware her cousin was bothered by something.

He held up his phone and gazed at it. He dialed her number and let his thumb hover over the call button. After a few minutes of deciding, he dropped his phone and sighed.

Nathi said she told her she'd call him. Why hadn't she called then? Coming to think of it, she'd never even called him before.

He'd hoped they'd have met the day before. Maybe go out on another date, see more places, but it seemed like she had other things in mind.

He never even wanted to go to that party in the first place, but when Nathi had come back with the news that Oma had refused to see him, he followed her to the stupid party.

Had she rejected him because of the other boy Nathi told her about? He shook the thought off. Oma herself told him they were just friends. His subconscious mind laughed at him, like they couldn't just be friends.

It'd really been a long time since he was last in a serious relationship. He was hoping Oma would be the special one. He'd wasted his time and sanity chasing after one girl for years. But now was different. He was over her. He was older and wiser. He deserved better, and better was Oma.

***

Oma woke up to an empty room and a bright morning. She was clad in nothing, her towel must have rolled out during the night. How could she have slept for more than twelve hours? But worse, how could Asa have left without waking her?

She hastily got up and ran to the bathroom without checking the time. It didn't matter anyway. It was bright, therefore late.

She was all dressed up in no time and bolted out the door. She made it to class and luckily for her, there was no lecturer.

"Where have you been? Do you know how many enemies I've made from keeping this chair? I've been calling you." Obi asked her immediately she flopped down beside him.

Sure enough there were ten missed calls all from Obi. How could she have also slept through that. Right now she didn't have the time or the energy to talk. She was hungry. How could she still be tired after sleeping for more than half a day.

"Won't you say anything?" Obi asked, his voice was softer.

"Hmm. I was asleep. I don't know what happened to me." She said and closed her eyes. When she opened them, Obi was staring back at her intently, his face just an inch from her face and she almost fell off her chair.

"Stop being creepy!" She yelled.

"Sorry." He laughed.

"We need to talk."

"What about."

"What happened yesterday."

"What happened yesterday?"

She hated it when he acted so clueless.

"The sudden change after Nathi came to speak to us."

He frowned.

"Do you really want me to explain? Don't you already know?"

The truth was that she knew. She knew he liked her, but she didn't like him back in that way. She didn't want their friendship to be any weirder than it already was.

"Yeah. I get it. I just wanted to clear it out."

"I don't like that girl." He said after a while. Oma wanted to tell him "but you slept with her", but she reminded herself it wasn't her business and kept quiet.

She was also beginning to question if she liked Nathi herself.

***

Oma was excited. She was dressing up to see Asher. They were going on a date and she couldn't wait to see him again. She'd promised to call him the day before, but her mother had changed her mood.

"Where is she going to?" Femi asked her smiling. It was funny how this girl had told her their university was so big she wouldn't be able to see someone more than once in her lifetime, but now it seemed like Femi was everywhere. Besides seeing her every weekend, Oma always happened to run into her at odd times during the week.

"Your girl is going on a date." She replied excitedly and did a little dance. It was a good thing to talk to someone about it since Asa was nowhere to be found.

"Hey! Is it that Asher guy?"

Oma stopped dancing.

"How did you know?"

"I know a lot of things in this school." Femi replied wriggling her eyebrows. Oma laughed uneasily.
"If you're hungry after the date, I made soup enough for three people so you can just come to my room."

This was one reason she liked Femi. She always made her food, cleaned her room, sometimes even did her laundry. Although all her help always came with insults, she appreciated them and could take them however they came. Both she and Asa were horrible cooks by the way.

Before she could answer Femi, her phone began to ring.

"See you when I return." She said hastily and waved her hands when she saw it was Asher.

"Don't land on his bed oh. Better come back and eat food when you're done." Femi joked from behind her.

Oma felt overdressed beside Asher who looked a little too casual. When he pulled up at a movie theatre, she realized why.

"Why didn't you tell me we were going to see a movie. I'd have worn something more reasonable and simple." She complained.

"I'm sorry." He said and his sly smile showed her he didn't mean it. "But you look great. The fact that you took time to dress up for me makes me happy." He looked at her and she melted inside.

"Thanks." She said with a mushy voice. She felt very warm. He came around and led her out. He held her arm as they went up to see the movie.

She'd never gone out to see a movie before so she didn't really know what to expect. It was a horror movie. She couldn't even watch it throughout. There was so much blood and gore and screaming. But Asher didn't seem unfazed. He just smiled each time she held his arm tight or moved closer to him whenever a scary scene came up.

"I hate this movie!" She said when the hundredth scary scene came up.

He'd made her dress up just to see a horror movie. Did that mean anything? Why would one's "prospective boyfriend" take her out to see a horror movie and not a romantic one. She waved the thoughts aside. Maybe this was what he enjoyed.

"But you want to see how it ends, don't you?"
He was right. Without the scary parts, it would have made a good movie, but yet again if there were no scary parts the movie would have been three minutes long.

"Shhhh!" The lady in front of them looked really pissed. "Let others enjoy the movie."

"Sorry." Asher whispered back to her and once she saw him, her face softened and she stared at him seconds too long, smiling flirtatiously.

"Hi." She said biting her lip.

"Madam. You can turn around now. We've heard you." Oma yelled and few people at the theatre turned to look at her. The girl glared at her but turned back to the big screen.
Asher smirked and squeezed her hand.

"How was the movie?" He said, gripping the wheel and reversing out of the movie theatre.

"It was interesting! I didn't expect the killer to be their dad. I couldn't believe it." She recounted with excitement.

"But you were so annoyed with the movie in there some minutes ago." He laughed.

"But you can't deny it was scary. I don't think I'll be able to sleep this night."

"You can sleep with me."

Her eyes bulged.

"I mean I can sleep with you. No we can sleep together. Like on the same bed. You get what I mean." He finished in frustration. She laughed.

"I understand." But she didn't say yes or no.

"It's late. I would have liked us to go somewhere but it's really late. Let's just buy something to eat."

"It's okay. I'm actually tired." She yawned immediately as if she wanted to solidify her statement.

He touched her lap and she flinched. She had to get used to this. They stayed like that for the rest of the ride, his hand on her lap.

He passed by her hostel without slowing down or stopping and she realised he was serious about them sleeping together. She felt nervous all of a sudden. She wasn't sure she was ready for that type of contact.

"Are you nervous?" He asked when she was on his bed.

"Not really. "

"Well, don't be. You have no reason to be. I won't kill you." She smiled and they ate their food.

"I don't have anything to wear. You know, to sleep."

He gave her a long shirt and a small towel and moved into the bathroom. She bathed as well and immediately changed into the shirt but left all her underwear underneath. The shirt stopped just above her midthigh. She met him sitting on the bed with no shirt on. She swallowed.

She sat beside him, closing her thighs as tight as possible. He looked up at her and she stared back at him. Her heart was pounding so loudly, she thought she would faint. They didn't say anything for a long time, just stared at each other.

"Where is Nathi?" She asked because she couldn't bear the silence.

"She's at her hostel. I told you she doesn't sleep here."

"Oh."

"Except when she's drunk. And I have to take care of her."

"Like yesterday." She finished for him.

"And other days. She just makes me angry. She goes to parties, hooks up with random people and them dumps her drunk and wasted self on me." He sighed. "Look. Let's forget her. This is about us not her."

"What is about us?"

"You know, me and you, dating." He smiled and drew her closer.

"When did we talk about that?"
She asked playfully, happy he was back to his normal self again. She pushed him.

"Well right now. But I've talked about it with myself. And I have agreed to date you."

"Are you serious?" She asked, jabbing him.

"I am."

"You didn't just ask me to be your girlfriend."

"I just did."

"I mean, you didn't ask me well."

"Okay." He knelt down in front of her and kissed her hand. "Do you take me to be your lawfully dated boyfriend, in sickness and...ow!" He exclaimed when she kicked him. She was laughing uncontrollably now.

"Yes. I do."

"Jeez. You just kicked me for asking you out. What will you do when you actually get married?" He asked still kneeling down.

"This."

Her mouth was on his and he responded almost immediately. He held her waist to steady her as he deepened the kiss. She felt her body come alive.

In one swift movement, he was on the bed and she was sitting on top of him. His hands moved everywhere and her own hands stayed on his neck. She didn't feel nervous anymore. She felt...free.

His hands moved into the shirt and she gasped. They went to her stomach, her back, each touch ignited a new feeling of pleasure. When his hands landed on her bra, her eyes flew open. So they were really doing this. Her heart was beating. But it wasn't beating from fear, it was beating from excitement. He skillfully unhooked her bra and before long, it was off her body. As she grinded against his erection, she realised that the only thing separating their bare bodies was the shirt he'd given her. She couldn't wait for it to come off.

He broke the kiss for air and she smiled against him, so eager to continue.

"Goodnight."

"What!"

"I said good night. What's wrong?"
He said smiling his sly smile.

"We were just...you just...you're..."

"Did you want anything to happen?"
He asked still smirking. She wanted to snack his face.

"Why did you?"

"Take off your bra?"

She nodded.

"I knew you would go to sleep wearing it and I know how uncomfortable it feels. I mean I don't per se. I don't wear bra. But I know it won't be comfortable."

She was seething. How could he just get her all hot and bothered for no reason.

"Come and sleep. We have classes tomorrow." He shifted for her and she stared at him, frozen.

"Sleep. So that you'll wake up early tomorrow, girlfriend." He added.

Not knowing what else to do, she lay down beside him.

She slept with her back facing him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 7.6K 49
A Fierce African Heiress and A Savvy American Businessman. A blissful yet magical night in Greece, one got away and the other develops an uncontroll...
5.1K 194 26
"You see, it would have been better if we aren't related, I mean, we ... could have easily...." He threw a glance at me "I don't think I will fight t...
45.9K 12.2K 75
The choices teenagers make... Some choose to smoke Some choose to steal Some choose to be bullies to defend themselves Some end up getting pregnant...
34.6K 4.7K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...