Songbird (BNHA x reader)

By fangirldreams101

(Y/n) is new to U.A High School. She has a quirk but keeps it under wraps due to her wanting to prove that ev... More

A/N and Key
Character Background
Chapter 1- Meeting Broccoli-Boy
Chapter 2- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 3- Foreign Student Entrance Exam
Chapter 4- The Test of Knowledge
Chapter 5- The Battle of Robots
Chapter 6- The Battle of Robots II
Topic of Love Interests (A/N)
Chapter 7- Body Assessment
Chapter 8- Body Assessment II
Chapter 9- Quirkless Fights
Chapter 10- Students vs. Students
Chapter 11- Rejection or Acceptance?

Chapter 12- First, er, Second Day?

5.5K 242 157
By fangirldreams101

You had gotten up early and threw on the uniform. Completing your daily morning routine, you bounded down the stairs towards the kitchen.

Ikio flinched when he heard you, and cautiously turned around, "Are you....... happy?"

Ryan popped his head out from his bedroom and said groggily, "In the morning?"

"It's my first day! I have to make a good impression! But tomorrow I'm going to sleep so I swear if you even try to wake me up..." Your tone switched from bright and cheery to downright murderous.

"You got it, chief!" They squeaked before rushing off to do their own routines.

After a nice healthy breakfast, you practically ran out the door, calling back to your uncle about how you wanted to talk to the homeroom teacher before class started. You bolted down the street before you came to a stop in front of the prestigious high school. Straightening out your brand new uniform, you held your head high and walked onto campus grounds. Now understanding the school layout a bit better, you proceeded to walk down its pristine hallways towards where you presumed your classroom would be. Strangely enough, the area seemed empty, which confused you since it wasn't that early. You quickly found your way to a giant door with the classic 1-A next to it. You were shocked for a moment about the size of the door but then mentally scolded yourself, thinking it was inconsiderate of yourself to forget that quirks can greatly change a person's size.

You knocked on the door and heard a gruff, "Come in."

Pushing open the huge door, you saw a man in an extremely ugly yellow sleeping bag. But you respected his life choices because he was comfortable and sleeping during school, which was goals.

"Sorry to disturb you, sir. But do you know where a man named Aizawa is?" You asked as politely as possible.

"That would be me. Are you that new student?" He said, glaring at you.

"Yes! My name is-"

"You're late." He interrupted you, "Do you think this school is a joke to you? I should expel you right now."

"I'm sorry but what do you mean? I woke up earlier this morning so I could be here 20 minutes early to talk to you." You said offended.

"The class is already in English." He deadpanned.

"WHAT?!?!?" You shrieked and ran to the clock next to his desk.

He was right. You were really late. Reeaalllllyyyyy late.

"No no no no no no no no no no no! Oh no!," You whipped around panicking, "I thought I woke up early! Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Please don't expel me!"

Ignoring you, the man who was to be your teacher took a long slurp out of a juice box, "Your files say that you are transferring from America. Your clocks may still be on that time."

You quickly realized he was right, your family had been waking you up for the past couple of days but your Uncle had fried most of the clocks in the house last night, so you weren't surprised that they didn't know you were all super late.

"I'm so sorry! You're right. But please I beg you don't expel me!" You said, being humiliated like this on your first day almost brought tears of frustration to your eyes, but you held them in, determined to stay strong.

"You will have after-school detention for the next week. If you pull a stunt like this, or any other that I disapprove of, you are out of this school. This course is for those who take it seriously and want to truly become a superhero. If you don't get that, you don't deserve to be here. There are a ton of kids on that waiting list, eager for you to slip up and get them in this class." His cold words cut through you but you brushed it off and nodded.

"Yes, sir. I understand. It'll never happen again." You said frantically.

"You are dismissed."

As you bolted away to Present Mic's classroom, you heard him mumble under his breath, "Damn kids, making me go soft."

~*~

After running crazily through the building, you found the classroom and knocked loudly.

"Oh? Come on!" The familiar voice boomed out.

You opened the door and saw all eyes, including Alex's, peer towards you, relief in their eyes for the interruption from what appeared to be a boring class. You quickly walked across, not looking anyone in the eye as you strode to Present Mic's desk confidently.

"Do you need something, young listener?" He said curiously.

"I'm so sorry for disrupting your lesson and coming in so late. I am one of the new students from America." You quickly told him, hoping to not bring any more attention to your than needed.

"Ah yes! THE NEW STUDENT! YOU MUST BE (Y/N) RIGHT?" Any hopes of staying a background character dissipated with the noise rocketing around the room.

"Yup... That's me..." You said sheepishly, wanting the ground to shallow you.

"OKAY! HOW ABOUT YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE CLASS! THEN YOU TAKE A SEAT NEXT TO THE OTHER EXCHANGE STUDENT!" He said encouragingly.

Now all eyes were back on you but you noticed a couple looked a little hostile, mostly from a blue-nette who had been staring at you once you came in late.

"Um...my name is (y/f/n)...I'm from America and I hope we can be friends." You mumbled.

A bushy looking blonde porcupine tsked and growled, "Just don't get in my way, extra."

You quickly took a seat next to Alex and brought out your supplies while Present Mic continued his lesson.

Alex leaned over and whispered in your ear, "You're going to get into so much trouble with Aizawa."

"Actually, I already talked to him about everything and just gave me detention." You said with a snarky tone, not wanting to deal with Alex's crap, but also not mentioning that 'a detention' is actually a week long one.

"Alright class, who can tell me what mistake was made in the following English sentence?" Present Mic's voice droned.

You knew the answer but didn't want to bring more attention to yourself, so you let a raven-haired girl with a bushy ponytail answer the question.

After morning classes, everyone headed out to lunch in the cafeteria. You just followed the crowd but was quickly stopped by a tugging on your arm. You turned around only to see the green bush known as Midoriya smiling widely at you.

"Woah! Izuku right?" You said beaming at him.

His face lit up red at your informal tone but you didn't even realize it. However, a glaring Sonic did.

"Excuse me? How dare you disrespect not only my friend, but this great school as well! You come into sensei's class extremely late and now informally address Midoriya?!?!?"

"Um, what? I'm sorry but how is this any of your concern?" You sneered at him, his words rubbing you the wrong way.

"As a student at this fine school, it is my duty to insure that the generations of heroes before us are not to be disrespected! And you, young lady, are dishonoring everyone around you!" He chopped at the air, speaking quickly while his face flushed with anger.

"And as a human in this not so fine world, it is MY duty to tell you that you clearly don't know what the hell respect is if you come up to a stranger and begin to yell at them, assuming their relations with everyone when you don't even know anything about the situation! How about you learn some human decency before you go preaching to others, asshole!" You angrily retorted.

While you two continued to clash, Midoriya nervously tried to diffuse the situaton.

"Guys! Please! Don't fight! Really! It's not that big of a deal! Let's just go sit at a table already!" He nervously looked around to see passerby occasionally giving you three some side eye.

"Deku! Iida! Over here!" A bubbly brunette waved at them, sitting herself down at an empty table, only to see Iida arguing with you, "Huh? I wonder what's going on..."

"I am not sitting with such a disgraceful and unprincipled UA student!" Iida stated firmly.

"Don't think I'm going anywhere near you either, you presumptuous and pretentious jerk of a Sonic cosplayer!" You huffed.

You both walked away, leaving poor Midoriya to wonder how the heck this day went wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 23 25
Y/n bullied for her villainous quirk and hard to reach dreams was recruited by AFO and Shigaraki at the start of middle school. She was in the same m...
688K 27K 85
"If you want to be in the hero course so bad you could just have my spot, I don't want it." Y/n doesn't want to be a hero, well not anymore at least...
78.6K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
3.3K 133 16
You are the daughter of the pro heroes Electoplant and Flying Falcon. Since they aren't around a lot, you never really see them. This story star...