(Y/n)'s Awakening

By Green_Arrow_Fury

We all know the story of Dante, son of the legendary dark knight, but only a few know of (Y/n)'s existence... More

Your gear
The Devil Arms
Chapter 1: A New Era of Evil
Chapter 2: Baby Steps
What the Future Holds
Author's Note
Chapter 3: The Duel
Chapter 4: Help Wanted
Chapter 5: Hell's Most Wanted
Chapter 6: Dante?
Story info: It gets complicated
Chapter 7: Answers
Chapter 8: The Conflict
Chapter 9: Reunion
Chapter 10: Second-Story Work
Chapter 11: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 12: The War Begins
Chapter 12: Part 2
Chapter 13: Evolve
Chapter 14: Break Every Sword
Chapter 15: Siren's Shriek
Chapter 15: Part 2
Chapter 16: Shall Never Surrender
Chapter 17: The Boys Are Back In Town
The Next Phase
Chapter 18: Ready Your Blade
Chapter 19: The Bane of Pain
Chapter 20: Devil's Bane
Chapter 21: Brothers Requiem
Chapter 22: Seeing Red
Chapter 23: Ulterior Motives
Chapter 24: The Fall of St. Paul
Devil Arms #2
Chapter 25: Home Training
Chapter 26: House of the Unholy
Chapter 27: Swear On My Father's Grave
Chapter 28: The Evil Within
Chapter 29: Fate
Chapter 30: Merry Christmas
Chapter 31: ...And a Happy New Year

Chapter 32: A Hero's End

2.4K 35 19
By Green_Arrow_Fury

*5 month time skip*

(The creature above is the current beast that is being fought at the beginning of this chapter)

(Y/n)'s perspective;

A miniature explosion erupted right beside me causing a small shockwave to knock me off my feet! I did a kick-up just in time to dodge a barbed tentacle headed right for me. Two more popped up to my right, nothing a slice or two can't handle. My charge blade grew hot with anger, from the hilt to the tip of the blade itself. Seething red flames pouring off like water!

(Y/n): I got a fire just raging to get out!

With a horizontal swipe, I sent a fire induced wave right into shit face. With no reaction besides the black goo that oozed out of its crispy exterior, it sent another attack my way.

The wind only grew more stale in response to the growing threat before me. The blackened clouds above let loose meteors raging hot. The ground gave way forcing me to hope out of the way. I managed to maneuver in mid air between the two pikes, looking mighty badass if I do say so myself!

Nero: Right on time!

My gaze met Nero's. Of course, just barging right in and stealing my spotlight!

(Y/n): Hey! I'm the protagonist here! Get backstage!

Nero: The curtain falls!

Just as the words left his mouth, the wall came crumbling down adding to the dramatic scene.

Dante: Knock, knock! Here's Dante!

(Y/n): Oh great...

Dante: Nice arm.

Nero: Sweet right?!

(Y/n): Alright! You can suck his dick later, I got a job to finish.

Of course I was given the finger twice, with nothing left to say we all rushed in. Weapons drawn!

The tentacles made for a good stepping stool, once I reached the skies my sword, (Weapon name), ignited into flame! With a well place helm breaker, I opened Mr. Blob up for Nero and Dante.

Nero's Red Queen fitted inside like a key in a keyhole. After that, he maxed out the exceed gauge and watched it burn from within before ripping it back out!

Dante was next. With his circular saw blade, which I've now recently learned it's named Pati after some legend, he released it inside as well! It disappeared behind a wall of flesh before returning back out from wince it came. That's a lot of damage!

Next up, all three of us hacked away leaving nothing left!

Dante: Aaaaand.... scene.

(Y/n): Disappointing... just so you guys know, I had it under control.

Nero: Sure. Now, how about we three go wrap this up.

I turned to match his gaze. The street had been opened up as a result of beating Blob, which revealed the portal to the Netherworld.

Dante: Lets go clean up this garbage!

Nuff said. After that, we all disembarked. Our destination? The deepest part of Hell...... the Nether.

_______________________________
*On the other side*

(Y/n): Jesuuuus, it stinks!

Nero: Smells like your upper lip...

Dante: Oooooooh, burn! Ha ha...

(Y/n): Who invited this punk again?

Dante: That would be youu... I believe your exact words were, "We might need you kid, this is a one way trip. The endgame." Yadda yadda yadda...

(Y/n): Oh....right.

Nero: Fuck this, I'm going alone.

(Y/n): Hey! This is my gig!

After what felt like hours of following a trail of bones, we came to the arena. Within it?

???: What draws you.....

Dante: You got somethin of ours-

(Y/n): It ends here asshole.

Nero: We're taking it back, if I have to beat it out of you then so be it!!

???: Do you know who I am? You dare speak to the poisoned flesh? I, Alpha and Omega, beginning and end, life and death?

(Y/n): Think ya got it twisted there, Mr. Lucifer sir!

Dante: You got one thing right, you are the beginning and end. You started this and now-

Nero: WE'RE GONNA END YOU!!!

Lucifer?: .....

(Y/n): Oh what's the matter? Devil gonna cry? Awwwwwe....you poor thing.

Lucifer?: Ha ha ha, you three so readily throw away your lives..... so be it. I have plenty of time to kill.

(TIME SKIP)

AHHHHH!!!!

The sound of blood curdling screams echoed loudly. I lifted my head just enough to see Nero's other arm ripped out of its socket, his screams made me wanna puke.

I looked beside me to see what was left of Dante..... it wasn't much. I only knew it was him because I was standing to his right just before. My sword was in pieces scattered about...

???: I'm too late....

My eyes fluttered to the origin of that voice. It was Vergil. Looks like he still has the sword of Ophiel. Good for him....

Just as my consciousness began to fade, I could have sworn I saw Vergil shed a tear.

Vergil: Again..... I was too late. Dante....

Then it all went black...

Lucifer?: What a petty disturbance. Are you next?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Back to the present*

Ash's perspective;

My eyes shot open! Another glance into the future....

I looked around to see that I was still in the dungeon. Patty is missing and I can only assume (Y/n) is still off fighting Alastor. Great....

My wound on my chest had finally closed. Time to go reintroduce myself....

To be continued!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 44 4
Drake Sparda is a young devil hunter who wants to explore new journeys by traveling using his demonic sword called the Yamato. He's getting bored wit...
91 0 9
This story takes place before Devil May Cry 4. This story follows Saithe, the daughter of Dante, The legendary Demon hunter, and the son of Sparda. A...
18.5K 358 6
(A/N: No dante and vergil in this) (Y/N) sparda son of a devil dark knight sparda and human mother eva, in a night of his parents death by mundus him...
134K 1.3K 30
(Y/n) is the son of the legendary Punisher however, this is the story about (Y/n) and his adventures at Kuoh Academy, there will be more within the...