Sociopaths Daughter | Legacies

By hannahxjayne

Who knew Malakai Parker has a secret daughter? One he only met for a week before getting put in the prison wo... More

Chapter 1- Kaiser Miranda Parker
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K.
L.
M.
N.
O.
P.
Q.
R.
S
T
U.

A

3.9K 48 0
By hannahxjayne

Growing up, my mother kept me a secret as long as she could. Caroline came one day and convinced her to send me to a school with my cousins. My mother was a cruel person who hated the world after my dad disappeared. I last talked heard from her when I was Nine. That was when she died and left me a voicemail. I was forced back to school, after the funeral, and when summer came around Hope and Hayley asked if I wanted to come to New Orleans with them.

It became a tradition. Hope and I were practically sisters. I knew and helped Hope sell her blood to Henry to get money to see Klaus. I was there to help her study the Hallow. The way I saw it was that I didn't have a family, but if I could help Hope with hers then I'd be happy.

Sadly, after Roman betrayed us, breaking not only my trust but Hopes as well, he was brainwashed by his mother to help kill Hayley.

To this day, Hayley and Klaus were parents I never had and I'll cherish them always and forever.
———

I sat in Alaric's office as Hope, Alaric and Landon? Walked in. "Landon?" I asked smiling. "Kai?" He asked and chuckled as I slid off the desk and hugged him. "You two know each other?" Alaric asked, "Uh yeah. We go way back." I joked making Landon chuckle.

I've stuck up for Landon on countless occasions. He's also let me hide out at the Mystic Grill, where he used to work, if I had a bad day.

"Tell me, Landon, Were you aware of us when you lived in Mystic Falls?" Alaric asked and He looked at Hope and I, and we nodded.

"Uh, I knew Hope and Kai went to some fancy boarding school. People in town said it was for troubled rich kids. I see the rich part is true. Nobody in town mentioned anyone in here could do that." I chuckled and said, "No one in Mystic Falls knows much about us. We blend in just enough." I winked and Alaric took over, "Participate, contribute just enough. Keeps people from asking too many questions."

"What is there to know, exactly?" Landon asked and I sat on Alaric's desk. " Well, I used to have a speech prepared, carefully unpeeling the layers of mystical history, but it turns out most people have read Harry Potter and are actually cool with me skipping the tee-up." Alaric joked. "You're a school for magic?" He asked. "We are a school for the supernatural, which.. covers a lot of territories. Everyone here has something that makes them special in ways that the outside world... wouldn't understand."

"So, what are you?" He asked looking at Hope. "We should get to class." She said and I bit my lip as she grabbed my hand and we turned to leave, "No. No. Sorry." He looked at us, "I don't mean to be a dick, but I don't know you, and though the image of you whammying a priest is still fresh, I need you here."

"Just tell me what all that was in the church last night?" Landon asked, "What do you think it was?" I asked crossing my legs. "Well, as best as I can reason, either I've lost my mind or werewolves are real. Th-This is beyond insane. How is that even possible?" Hope chuckled, "It's a long story, involving an ancient, vengeful witch and a bloodline curse. We cover all that in the Origins of the Species, grade six." She told him.

"In sixth grade at my school, we learned the state capitals." Landon said making me laugh, "We teach that, too." Alaric then spoke up, "I have some questions about Rafael." Landon then asked, "Like what?" I smirk and said, "Well, let's start with who he killed recently."

"Why would you ask me that?" Landon asked confused, "The werewolf gene lies dormant until the carrier takes a human life. If Rafael triggered his curse, it's... because he killed someone. And we don't accept coldblooded killers into our program." I told him. "He's not a killer." Landon snapped. "We're not trying..." Hope argued, "He's not... a killer." Landon told us. "Well, I know a little bit about his background. Neglectful birth parents. Orphaned in adolescence. Six foster homes in seven years. Prone to fits of anger." Alaric told him. "Yeah, you could just as easily be reading my file..." Landon said. "That's what it's like out there for people like him and me."

"Landon, I know this is a lot to take in right now, but we're only trying to help," I told him softly. He still didn't budge and I grabbed Hope's hand who nodded. "I've been going here since I was seven. This is a safe place for people like Rafael. It's a home." Hope told him. "But... if we take him in, we need to make sure that he is not a threat," I said

"His girlfriend..." Landon said trailing off. He sighed, "Cassie. Last month... he was driving, there was a storm, he took a turn too fast. And then he started acting out. At first, I thought it was just grief. And then maybe... maybe drugs or something. And then he threw a 200-pound lawnmower 1 foot across the yard. That was when our foster parents called in the priest. I guess they thought he was possessed by the devil." I nodded taking it all in.

"All of that is... consistent with a newly triggered wolf. It's normal. Thank you for that, Landon." Alaric spoke. Hope went up to say something to him until she called out, "We're ready." The door opened and MG came in. "Landon Kirby, Milton Greasley." Alaric introduced. "Come on, Dr. Saltzman." MG said and Alaric sighed, "Right. MG. I'm sorry. Take it from a guy named Alaric. I get it. Landon, MG is my student aid." Hope then added, "He's also a vampire."

"Of course he is." Landon mumbled, "You know, for a school with a secret to keep, you're kind of liberal with your information." I smiled, "Well, we don't actually intend for you to remember any of it. Remember to breathe MG and eye contact." I told him MG nodded and I took Hope's hand in mine. "Forget everything you've seen or learned since last night. All you need to know is that your friend has found a home where he can live a better life. You'll miss him. But you know it's for the best." MG compelled Landon.

"Are you all out of your minds?" Landon snapped and Hope and I shared a look. "How could I forget any of this?" Hope stepped up releasing my hand. "MG, did you do it wrong?" She snapped. "No, I didn't do it wrong. It's the easiest vampire trick in the book."

"Well, it didn't work." Hope argued, "Obviously, it didn't work." MG argued back. Landon went to leave but MG caught him in time using a sleeper hold. Landon slowly lost consciousness and I called out "Careful."

"Get him to the cellar. This is not good. This is bad." Alaric called out.

After they got Landon down to the transition cellar Alaric turned to me. "Now do we have to have a talk about you going off of school grounds?" He asked and I sighed. "No. I'm alright Dr. Saltzman." I said and turned walking out of the office.

Hope chuckled as I met up with her at our room. "Aren't you supposed to be in uniform?" She joked. "Please, he's lucky I'm even in the right color." I said making us both laugh.

Hope and I snuck around the school until we reached the transition cellar. "Alright. Have fun. Give me the details." I said and she smirked. We did our handshake we made up forever ago before I left her there.

-

I sat up on a barrel as I drank from a solo cup. "Kai!" Josie called out and I perked up as she brought over a boy. "This is Rafael. Raf this is my cousin Kaizer." she introduced and I smiled. "Hey" I said and we shook hands.

Afterwards they walk off and I toyed with my necklace sighing. My amulet grew warm under my touch. It wasn't a siphoning warmth. It was more of a comforting warmth.

I sat in my bed with my pajamas on and hair wrapped up into a messy bun.

I flipped through my history book as Hope walks in closing the door behind her sliding down. I smirked and said, "You like hiiiim." I said she jumped. "Hush!" She said making me laugh.

The next day after they compelled Landon and sent him home. An artifact was reported stolen, but the alarm didn't go off. Alaric came outside to meet with Hope and I. It's obvious by Hope's tone of voice that she doesn't believe what she's hearing

"How do you know it was him?" Hope asked. Alaric scoffs as though he thinks Hope is being naive. "Ancient artifact goes missing, along with too-good-to-be-true hapless human? You do the math, Hope." Hope shakes her head in disbelief

"That would make him a liar, okay? I've known my fair share of those, and there was nothing about him--." Alaric interrupts her to try to get her to see reason. "Hope--" Hope cuts him off before he can continue

"No, you don't understand. There's no way that the one other time that I choose to get close to someone, they turn out to be a liar. It's not possible, okay? I'm not that stupid!" I bit my lip not choosing to chime in, feeling sympathetic toward Hope for the position this puts her in.

"When he walked out that door, we compelled him to go home." Alaric's said and I nodded, "Yeah, So?" I asked, "So, he didn't. It's the first place we checked! And if he didn't go home, that means his memory wasn't erased! He was just pretending that it was. If his mind can't be controlled by a supernatural being, then that only means one thing-- that he is a supernatural being."

-
Alaric has gathered all of the students and faculty to an assembly that evening to keep them updated on what has happened

"For ten years, we've gone undetected. Protecting you, protecting our secret, has been our singular mission. Tonight, I need your help to find Landon Kirby... before he exposes us all." The students begin to chatter amongst themselves regarding this news. I turn to Rafael, who is frowning as though he doesn't know what to believe. I looked over at Hope who looked hurt and in misbelief. I took her hand and she jumped turning to me and nodded squeezing it.

——
The next night I sat on Josie's bed as Josie is straightening up her room when Hope appears in the doorway. "I need your help." Hope called out, "both of you."

"Three words more than your annual average. Find someone else." Josie said, but Hope ignores this dismissal and instead walks into the room and shuts the door behind her so she can continue to talk to Josie privately. Josie sits down on her bed next to me with a book, barely even looking at Hope as she stands in front of us.

"This stuff with Landon is my fault. I can fix it. I know how to track him, but it involves using dark magic..." Hope tried to explain but Josie cut her off, "Well, we're not allowed to use dark magic here, so..." Hope's expression turns slightly mischievous as she stares at Josie.

"Says the girl who just lit her ex on fire." Hope said and I chuckled under my breath. Josie's eyes widen in alarm, and her tone of voice becomes accusatory. "Are you blackmailing me?" Hope immediately tries to talk herself out of this mess

"No! I'm just... looking for a kindred spirit in revenge." Josie thinks about this for a moment before reluctantly deciding to join her. They turned to me and I smiled nodding.

Josie and Hope kneel on the floor in preparation to perform the spell. An open spellbook lays on the floor between the three of us, with instructions written in a magical language. Josie strikes a match and begins lighting candles while Hope reaches into a cardboard box and pulls out a rat. She looks at the creature with a guilty expression. "Sorry..." she whispers.

Hope squeezes the rat in both hands and snaps its spine, killing it. Josie begins spreading crushed herbs all over the pages of the spell book while Hope cuts open the rat's stomach and allows its blood to drip onto the herbs and parchment. When they're done, Josie looks at Hope with concern

"Are you sure about this?" I asked, and Hope gets a steely look in her eye. "Absolutely." I nodded and took a deep breathe before the three of us cross our wrists and grab each other's hands, with Josie and I siphoning some magic from Hope before we begin to chant.

"Inveniet hostium et tenebrae. Inveniet hostium et tenebrae. Inveniet hostium et tenebrae."

Landon is briefly seen half-asleep on the bus before the scene cuts away. "Do you see anything?" Josie asked. "Just flashes." Hope and I both answer. The flashes of the bus continue, but nothing informative has been shown as of yet. "Come on, give me something." Hope mumbled, but more flashes of the front of the bus happen and Landon's sleeping face before we finally get some helpful information in the form of a highway sign.

"I got it. Route 29." Josie answered quickly. "Yeah, Near the state line." I said. Suddenly, the vision shows Landon pulling the knife out of his jacket pocket and looking at it. "Is that the knife?" Josie and I asked. "Yeah." Hope answers. The knife's blade begins to glow bright red, as though it is sensing their spell, and Landon looks confused as he squeezes his eyes closed to avoid being blinded by the knife's light. "What's it doing?" I asked. "I have no idea."

——
"We finally make it inside of the bus and its just horrific Kai. Every person on the bus, from the driver to those seated in the very back, have all been burned so badly they resemble mummified corpses. The only rider not present is Landon, who is nowhere to be found!" Hope ranted off as I listened and mouthed 'Whoa.' Hope grunted and sat back on her bed talking out loud, "Landon isn't the hero of my story at all. But, when I hunt him down, I'm gonna be the villain of his" I just shook my head thinking of her father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 199 11
based off of the movie of the same name. This is Hosie but it has more of a focus on the Saltzman twins. trigger warnings: character loss, abuse, los...
41.4K 2.4K 15
When Charlotte Gilbert travels to the prison world to save her best friends, Damon and Bonnie, her life suddenly shifts. Her plans to finally bring h...
220K 3.7K 46
Beyonca has been leaving a peaceful life raising kids and running a school with her boyfriend and kids dad
306K 9.4K 27
โ–Œ ยทหš เผ˜ ใƒŸ ๐’๐’๐‘–. โ”Š โช ๐“›๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด ๐“›๐™ธ๐™บ๐™ด ๐“›๐™ด๐™ถ๐™ด๐™ฝ๐™ณ๐š‚! โซ ใ€€ โ†ณ ไผ่ชฌใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซ็”Ÿใใ‚‹ โ› ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฝ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—‚๐—๐— ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’๐’” ๏ฟฝ...