Fallen Angels (UNEDITED)

By oasis_soul

Completed - HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET 24-year-old Avril Lexington believes nothing can make her happy despite... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
XCIX
C
Epilogue
Also By Iris

LXV

2.4K 95 20
By oasis_soul

In my life, there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've travelled so far
To change this lonely life
~ Foreigner, I Wanna Know What Love Is

"Where are we going?" I follow Erik down the steps and onto the sidewalk outside of my complex. His car is sitting waiting for us rather than the motorcycle I know he babies.

"We are going on our first official date." Erik opens the door and waits for me to get in, "you know, I don't bite unless you ask me to."

I smile at his cheekiness and good mood, something that I am getting used to. He seems to smile more when he is around me, a smile that actually reaches his eyes.

"I'll let you know if I want to take up your offer." I laugh as I follow him down the stairs. His good mood is contagious.

His smile spreads across his face as he pulls me into a hug.

"What's with the good mood?" I laugh at him as he lets me go.

"What, you don't like it?"

"I do, I really do, but I've never seen this side of you."

"Maybe it's because we are finally going on an actual date."

"You're telling me all those nights we snuck off the bus during the night, weren't dates?" I slide into the front seat and wait for him to start the car.

"Those were adventures, what we are doing tonight is a journey."

"Lead the way." He reaches for my hand and intertwines our fingers before pulling out into traffic.

"You're actually a pretty good driver," I comment as I lean my head against the headrest and look at him as he drives.

"Excuse you?" He glances at me before looking back at the road, "are you only saying that because I grew up in Britain for a short period of time?"

"No, I'm saying it because of the incident at the airport."

"That was a cart! Big difference."

"You still hit that woman." I point out to him, causing both of us to laugh.

"I'm just lucky her son recognized us. She looked like one of those I want to speak to your manager type people, but a fair point. Nah, I'm a great driver, Devon and I used to drive this really old van around the city for gigs."

"Do you ever wish things would have turned out differently in your life? You've just seen so much pain and heartache," I ask as we zip through the suburbs and into the city.

"Sometimes I do, but then I remember because of what I've gone through, I'm now accomplishing my dreams with a woman I never thought I would ever have in my life. Every time I look at you I'm reminded of just how lucky I am. I feel like every day is worth the time and effort with you." Erik doesn't look at me when he talks as he focuses on the road, "I've been alive for almost thirty years now and no one has made me feel the way you make me feel."

"You're gonna make me cry." I tease as him as I give his hand a tight squeeze and bring our intertwined hands up to my lips to press a kiss against them. I would love to kiss him, but I value our lives more than my overwhelming desire to kiss him right now.

"Great, you're gonna be a sobbing mess even before we get there. What are you gonna be like when we get there?" Erik teases me, but this time he looks at me with a taunting look.

"I will not be a sobbing mess, I promise."

"Right, and I'm the queen of England." Erik scoffs at me.

"You don't have the face to be the queen, they would be quick to put on a bag over it."

"Remind me why I brought you?" The rest of the ride is spent teasing each other and getting to know each other.

"Are we almost there yet?" I question after about thirty minutes of driving.

"Date a younger girl they said, it'll be fun they said."

"Hey! I'm not that young compared to you." I playfully slap his shoulder and give him a glare, "it's like five years?"

"Something like that, but we will be there in fifteen minutes."

"Erik?" I question after a bit.

"What Ray?"

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" It was coming up and no one had said anything about plans.

"I usually don't do anything. Eat some pizza and hang out with my aunt or the guys." Erik shrugs his shoulders as he makes one more turn and pulls into a parking spot. I look out the front window to see a large boardwalk and a Ferris wheel.

"You brought me to Santa Monica and you didn't play Santa Monica by Theory of A Deadman, disappointment Erik." I laugh as I stare at the Ferris wheel, "I haven't been to a place like this. It was always too childish for my family and Will."

"Come on, let's go. They have some rides I think you will enjoy." I nod my head as I get out of the car and follow Erik along the path.

"What do you want to do first?" Erik questions once we are on the pier.

"What about the plunge thing?" I ask as I take in my surroundings; the noises and smells.

I smile as I let the childish atmosphere wash over me.

"Lead the way." Erik laughs as I drag him behind me.

I spend the rest of our date dragging Erik to different rides and booths till finally, the only ride left is the Pacific wheel, something I have never done before.

"You're not scared of heights right?" Erik asks right before we get on.

"Uh no." I give him a look of amusement, "want me to snuggle up to you?"

"Always."

"I'm not gonna lie, but I have never been on one of these before," I say shyly as we take our seats.

"I kinda figured after you asked what a corn dog was, your parents never took you to fairs or amusement parks, ever?"

"No, they didn't like that kind of stuff, they would rather we go to some private island or something like that." I shrug my shoulder, "I guess I always looked at how we were lucky enough to be able to go to private islands and I never questioned it."

"I guess I have a childhood full of fun to make up for." Erik bumps his shoulder lightly against mine as the Ferris wheel begins.

"This night has been the most fun I've had in awhile, thank you for this."

"Anything for you Ray."

I smile in content as I watch the lights twinkle on the water, it is a beautiful night. The stars are shining bright, the waves are lapping against the beach and the sea breeze is tickling my face.

Thank god Isla made me take my jacket.

I should thank her.

"Excited for Warp?" I ask softly as I lay my head against his shoulder.

"Yeah, but it won't beat this feeling." I look up at him to see him already staring down at me, "I never liked green until I looked into your eyes."

My cheeks turn a crimson colour at his words, and I'm left speechless.

"You're worth an eternity of pain and torment." Erik presses a light kiss to my forehead as he pulls me closer to him. "Ray, I want to make whatever this is official."

"Erik..."  I breathe out.

"Be my girlfriend?"

"Always." I smile to him as his kiss lands on my lips and I smile into it.

After the ride is over we head back to his car. I smile up at him as he keeps his arm wrapped tightly around my shoulders with a giant smile on his lips.

"Thank you," I tell him one more time.

"Anytime Ray."

Finally.

Edited by GirlReader133

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 8.7K 56
When A.J. is forced into an internship with her father's business, she finds herself touring with the biggest band in the world, and the man who will...
111K 3.2K 27
(Don't have to be a fan of The Wanted or know anything about the band to read this) A Facade. That was what my life was. Same everyday normal life...
82.7K 5.8K 49
β˜‘οΈCompletedβ˜‘οΈ ✨Book 1/3✨ "'I'm not scared of you.' I relaxed my fearful face and looked at him sternly. I felt his warm breath against my ear. 'You...
1.6K 85 20
Cassia is fresh out of school and questioning her dull life now that she's finished with college. Ash is a tortured tattoo artist with a past he can'...