Captivate (Klaus Mikaelson) *...

By jjs797

A story of hunger, lust, love, compassion, and death. For she strongly captivated the most dangerous creature... More

Captivate (Klaus Mikaelson)
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII - The Locket (1/2)
Part XIV - The Locket (2/2)
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Part XIX
Part XX
Part XXI
Part XXII
Part XXIII
Part XXIV
Part XXV
Part XXVI
Part XXVII
Part XXVIII
Part XXIX
Part XXX
Part XXXI
Part XXXII
Part XXXIII
Part XXXIV
Part XXXV
Author's Note (IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ)

Part XV

5K 105 5
By jjs797

not edited

-

jαdε

"Jade dear, wake up."

I was having one of those dreams in which I was being chased, running through the woods and trying to escape this predator. I hadn't seen the predator's face or any physical trait of what he was, but what I did remember was that it was chasing me for a reason. That reason, I assumed, was my blood, but the true reason is not that obviously shown.

Morgan was shaking me roughly, urgently trying to get me up from my sleep. I swatted away her hands, trying to hide myself deeper in under the blankets. She let out a soft laugh.

"Come on, sleeping beauty. You've been sleeping for almost fifteen hours." Morgan was now sitting next to me, trying to pull the blankets off from my face. I scooted down closer to the bottom of the bed, bringing the fold of the blanket with me so she wouldn't be able to rid me of my sleep.

"Alright then. Be stubborn." Morgan scolded, a playful tone in her voice. I ignored her, desperately trying to escape back into sleep, so I could escape the world. I felt the mattress slowly rise as Morgan got off it, her footsteps on the wooden floor echoing around the room.

And then my sheets were flung off me, the light flooding into my eyes. I curled up into a ball, keeping my eyes shut as I groaned in annoyance. I draped my arm over my face, trying to block out the light.

"Go away." I muttered angrily.

"And there I thought you would be thrilled to see me." I heard a chuckle.

I slowly moved my arm away from my eyes, squinting my eyes at the familiar face before me.

Stefan was staring intently down at me, well more at my cursed eye, and then he broke out into a grin.

That same grin took me back to a flashback, a memory of when I had been with Silas and Stefan.

But Stefan had been chained up, tortured, growling and screaming ferociously. He had been calling for me, begging me to help him. I remember Silas had warned me against approaching Stefan or even to go try and help him, for he wasn't his normal self.

But of course I made the mistake of going to Stefan, responding to his calls, for his screaming my name was growing on my every nerve.

And as I entered the room he was locked up in, that same grin burst through his face. He motioned for me to come closer. I did.

And then I was pressed up against the wall, Stefan hovering over me, his eyes pitch black, fangs bared.

He moved forward as if to hug me or help me up, but I pushed myself back against the far end of the bed, my fear alive from that mere memory.

I glanced down at Stefan's wrists, which were all bandaged up, the healing process would take days for the vervain covered chains dug deep into his skin

"You alright, Jade?" He asked, raising his eyebrows in concern.

"No." I spoke quickly.

"What's wrong? Am I frightening you?" He asked, his lips twitching up.

"No, Stefan. Just please-

-shhh deary." He was now at the edge of my bed, bending down and crawling slowly to me.

"Don't come any closer. Please." I pleaded. Stefan stopped just a few feet in front of me, his eyes staring knives into my soul.

Let me rephrase that; Silas.

He moved closer to me, his face inches from mine. His small smile turned into a grin, his hands resting against either side of my face.

I glanced to Morgan real quickly, only to be met with plain white darkness around us and the bed.

"Surprise." He said wickedly, his breath fanning my face.

"Stop." I said when he bent his head down to my neck, breathing in the scent of my blood.

"Even if you could stop me, you wouldn't. I can feel it in your heart - you're just dying for my touch." He pulled away from my neck, sneering at me.

"You disgusting beast." I spat in his face, as he wiped it off in annoyance, pulling back from me, a smirk playing on his lips as he climbed off the bed.

"Lets get down to business then, shall we?" He clapped his hands together, his expression shifting from amusement to seriousness.

"What do you want." I snapped.

"I am here to warn you, Jade Alexander." Silas spoke.

"Get out of my head." I spoke, trying to break free of his intense stare.

"That locket. Its not what you think it is." He continued on.

"Get OUT!" I screamed.

"You are screaming. Stop screaming. Please." He spoke calmly with a tinge of amusement in his voice.

"Then get out."

"All I ask is a few minutes of your time. Well, you really don't have a say in this since I'm controlling your mind. So you are going to shut up and listen like a good little pet." He spat out.

I stayed silent then, glaring needles into his eyes. I felt myself stop struggling against Silas, my body relaxing against my will.

"Good... Now. That locket. That curse that you all think is quotation marks 'evil'." He started once again, looking deep into my right eye.

"The color, the physical form of something does not define its true nature. Its the inside, the soul, that defines it. It is the inside that matters most.

Now the curse takes a form of red as blood, which defines what and whom it was created from. Me.

Yes, I myself am what you all think. Evil. But the curse? That's a whole different story."

"I don't care." I interrupted him. But he ignored my comment, continuing on.

"You see, my dear, the curse, the locket, is not what you think it is. The locket, was merely made for the protection of the curse.

The curse, my most successful creation, is to protect the one of the purest heart, the one of the purest blood, incase I couldn't protect that human. And only that curse would be activated if I had found the pure one.

And then came a wicked witch who stole the locket from me. The one I loathe the most. Also known as Jade Margaret.

You see, my dear. If it weren't for the Originals, I wouldn't have slaughtered numerous villages and humans in search for the locket. The locket in which belonged to you. The curse which protects you.

Do you see who the good guy is now, Jade Alexander?" He spoke so softly and sincerely, that I felt my heart feel for him. Shock was alive all over my face and I felt my heart coil uncomfortably.

"I don't understand. You created the locket, the curse, to find me?"

"Indeed. And then your selfish ancestor played me, by playing your lover. Klaus." He smirked at the end if his comment, starting to pace around the bed.

"He is not my lover." I snapped.

"And not only does my most successful creation protect the pure one, but it also gives it strength. Power." He grinned.

"Protecting me? From what? Myself?" I asked.

"Yes. And apparently now, from Jade Margaret." Silas spat out her name in disgust.

"Why protect me from myself?"

"There is a little bit of darkness in every human's heart. And that darkness, Jade, has not found its way into your heart... Yet."

"And if that darkness taints my heart then I won't be the pure one." I finished his statement.

"Exactly."

"Good. Then I don't have to deal with you anymore." I grinned.

"No, my dear, you do not understand. Jade Margaret found her way into the locket. And into doing that, she cast out the curse. But the curse found itself back into you, doing as it was created for. Protecting you, your heart, for the most part, from darkening. Like mine." He grinned wickedly.

"And what about my ancestor? What does she have to do with this?"

"She plans to taint your heart with darkness."

"She wouldn't do that." I said.

"You knew her for not even a minute. I knew her for years. And trust me, deary, she is demanding on what she wants, and will do anything to get it, no matter the cost."

"Ah, okay. So she's like you in a way." I smirked. His jaw clenched, his body froze from the pacing, before relaxing.

"She loves Klaus. She hates me. She needed a way to reunite with Klaus. She needed a way to kill me. And so she assumed you would be her best vessel, since you are not only connected to Klaus, but to me. But in order to do all that, she needs to break the purification of your heart, so she can reveal the darkness inside you."

"You speak as if you fear her."

"She was a vicious woman, stubborn and ignorant before she had met me. You see, she fooled me, tricked me into believing she loved me. But her heart was pure, and I couldn't resist her.

Turns out, she only wanted me for my power. She took it, turning herself into a sweet and ambitious woman. A new form. Darkness.

She knew I wouldn't hurt her. She knew I couldn't. So instead, I had the one she loved most kill her.

Klaus." Silas said bitterly.

"You think I'll believe all that?" I asked with skepticism.

"You kind of don't have a choice love." He grinned.

"So you need me to do something."

"Indeed. All I ask of you is one simple thing: remove the locket."

"What makes you think I would do that?" I felt my hand reach for my locket, as if trying to protect it.

"Because she wants Klaus. She will stop at nothing to get to Klaus. And after she's done, after she fully absorbs you, she will kill you." Silas smirked.

"So I suggest, my love, that you put your trust in me. By doing so, you will put the protection of your heart in my hands. The curse, or should I rephrase that as the protection spell, is enough to protect you from other dangers. But against Jade Margaret, I do not know. By now you should realize that everything I have done so far is to protect you."

"I won't do it." I said.

Silas looked taken back. "Oh really."

"Why the hell would I help the monster that killed my fiancé and then kidnapped me? And besides, you're only helping yourself." My voice cracked as the image of Jason and Jade Margaret appeared in my head.

"Ah. First off, dear, your so called fiancé deserved it. And second off, I don't recall you coming to me as kidnapping." He smirked.

"I won't help you." I spat.

"Oh, but you will. Because you aren't just helping me, you're helping Klaus."

"Klaus has nothing to do with this."

"He has everything to do with this."

I stayed silent, glancing away from his intense stare.

"If you die because of Jade Margaret, he will never forgive himself. He's grown attracted to you. And you have to him. I can sense that tiny spark of jealousy within your heart."

"I don't like him like that." To be honest, I was unsure. Sure, I kissed Klaus. But all those times I kissed him was when I needed someone for comfort, and I knew Klaus could give that to me. Not for romance. But mere comfort.

"Deny all you want love. But I can sense it in your heart. And your heart never lies." He grinned, the background starting to fade from my vision.

"What do you think bringing that woman back will do to him?" Silas said, moving closer to me. His voice had grown softer as a tear escaped my eye. He approached me, gently wiping the tear that escaped my eye as I battled with my confused emotions.

"What do you think bringing back that witch will do to you?" He continued on, sitting on the edge of my bed as tears started to fall from my eyes faster.

"Stop." I said weakly.

"You can't stand the thought of Jade Margaret and Klaus together. You can't stand the thought of Klaus being taken from you." He said as if to soothe me, wiping the tears that continued to pour down faster on my face.

I clenched my eyes shut, hugging my knees to my chest as I bit down on my lip, trying to stop the tears from escaping. I blocked out Silas' words; every single damn thing that came from his mouth was true, and I didn't want to hear any more of it.

I couldn't think clearly about Klaus; every time I tried, either I would grow depressed and upset with myself, or he made me feel confused about my emotions.

"Calm down, Jade. Your heart sounds as if its about to burst out of your chest. Now we don't want that, do we?" He spoke, his hand placed gently on my shoulder, almost as in comfort.

"I'm fine." I snapped, wiping away the last single tear that rolled its way down my cheek.

"Then may I add one more thing, my dear... Escape the house. Get a little fresh air. Find some time away from the Originals and the Salvators.

And in that spare time, I'll come find you. Help you deal with the locket and the filthy woman within it. Lure her out. Find her weakness. I'll be watching." He smiled.

"See you in a few, deary."

I blinked, Silas gone, the eyes of Stefan and Morgan on me. I met Stefan's eyes as he looked down at me, waiting for me to speak.

"What?" I said.

"He asked you if you're alright." Morgan spoke, her eyes narrowing at me.

"Oh.. Im just... Peachy." I lied.

"You look as if you've just seen a ghost." Stefan said, taking a careful step to me.

"Trust me, its worse than that." I muttered to myself.

"Worse than what?" He asked.

I looked up at him, my mind too bundled up to talk to anyone at the moment. Just even looking at Stefan made me gag because I always jump inside, worrying that its not actually him.

"Nothing. I need some air." I gave him a small smile, getting up from my bed and walking past their confused stares. I decided to listen to what Silas had said, because in truth, I did need to escape from all this endless attention which I hated.

I felt Morgan's curious stare on me as I walked out of the room, unaware and careless of what I was wearing. I stepped foot into the hallway, the coldness flooding into my skin. Walking fast down the hallway, I turned the corner, only to run into someone's chest.

"Excuse me." I muttered, not bothering to look up who it was. I just needed an escape from reality.

But he grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Damon's voice spoke.

"Out." I said, pulling my arm free from his grip.

"In that?" I could feel his eyes roam down my bare shoulders and legs, making me more disgusted of him.

"Yes, in this. And don't you even dare to try and follow me." I spoke strictly, looking up and glaring him in the eyes. He only smiled in return, as I rolled my eyes at him and walked away.

I rushed down the stairs, stopping by the front door to put on my shoes. I walked quietly to the kitchen, glancing in it to see if anyone was in there.

Noticing it was empty and silent, I made my way quietly to the island, pulling open a drawer, reaching inside for my keys.

When I couldn't feel them out, I felt myself panic. Why I was panicking, I had no idea. The mere thought of the locket still around my neck scared me, the scene of Silas and I made me antsy.

"Hungry?" His voice spoke. I spun around, shutting the drawer with the bottom of my back as I looked across the space at him.

His arm was out casually, swinging my car keys from his finger as he looked down at me with an amused smirk.

Klaus, back to his usual self, always ticking me off.

"Yes. I was gonna go out and grab a bite to eat, actually." I spoke nervously, watching as his eyes roamed down my frame.

"How about you let me take you out." He smiled, his dimples appearing on his cheeks.

"I'd love that, but I really just wanna be alone for a while."

He scrunched his eyebrows as he slowly brought his hand down, a concerned look on his face. Klaus approached me slowly, stopping a few inches in front of me, observing my eyes.

"You alright, love?" He asked in thought.

"I'm fine, Klaus. Just don't worry about me. But please, let me go." I pleaded with him.

He nodded his head, a look of skepticism and uneasiness in his eyes before grasping my hand with his hand and bringing it up between us. He placed the keys gently on my palm, then turning it face down with my fingers wrapped around it. He brought my hand to his lips, kissing it softly, a tiny spark of electricity from his contact caused a comforting shudder to run through my body.

"Don't do anything I would do, sweetheart." He joked, lightening up the mood between us. He let go of my hand, taking a step back.

I flashed Klaus a smile before turning my back on him, keys in my hand, walking out of the kitchen and out the front door.

I made my way to my car in the chilly mid afternoon air. Unlocking the vehicle, I opened the door, sitting myself down in the driver's seat.

I just sat there, holding my head in my hands, frustrated and stressed about two entirely different but similar situations.

If what Silas had said was true about my ancestor, then I was doomed. I had no idea how much power she has built up inside her, but what I did figure out is how smart and strategic she is.

And then there was Klaus, the hybrid who still felt foreign for me. Sure, thanks to the curse, I had gotten my memories back. But that didn't stop me from trusting him, wether I do or not, I couldn't stand looking at his face. I guess the thought of Jade Margaret using me to reunite back with Klaus really does kill me.

But I won't let that happen.

I decided to go with my instinct, and my instinct was to listen to Silas and just go with the plan.

I pulled out of the space I was parked in, which was stuck between Elijah's car and someone else's, then driving out of my driveway and speeding down the road.

I drove for a few more minutes before pulling out of the main road and onto a dirt path leading into the woods, the car swerving to the left. I pushed down harder on the gas, tears suddenly threatening to emerge from my eyes.

So much information piled on me in one day, I didn't know who to trust. I wanted to believe that my ancestor was good, I wanted to believe that she was protecting me. But there was something strange and off about her.

Silas had a point. But I didn't want to believe him. He was evil, manipulative, a monster. A monster that was just trying to find and protect me.

Tears fell harder down on my face as my foot pushed down on the gas even harder.

Why did I get myself into such a complicated life? Why had I not already fled away from all this?

How in the bloody hell did I get myself involved with the mess of Silas? And most of all, Klaus?

And this filthy locket filled with the spirit of my wicked ancestor.

I took a hand off the steering wheel, gripping onto the locket hard. I was so filled with anger and frustration, I pulled at it, but there was a force stronger that refused my attempt. I yanked at it harder, using more force, but it just burned me every time. Trying to pull it up over my head, I screamed, a sharp pain piercing into my mind, like someone was repeatedly stabbing my brain, my eyes clenched shut. I let go of the wheel, clenching and clawing at my head. Then I felt the car swerve to the right, causing me to let out an air piercing scream.

I grabbed at the wheel, jerking the car back to the left, but the endless bumps on the dirt road caused my car to swerve harder and tip to the side.

My vision was blurry with tears as I felt the car flip to the side multiple times, my body being flung to all sides of the car. My head connected hard with the top of the car, my cheek then colliding with the window, causing it to shatter open. I felt blood trickle down my face from all parts. The car continued to flip down a small cliff, or dropoff, feeling it collide with trees as I was flung wildly inside the car, my head colliding intensely with the steering wheel, my neck cracking painfully to the side. My tears were still streaming down my face as the car collision finally stopped, my legs being crushed by the roof of my car that had caved in.

I was lying painfully on my side, something sharp jabbing into my back. I moved my arm agonizingly slowly from underneath me, causing a whimper to erupt from my mouth.

I looked down, my neck throbbing. Blood. There was a lot of it. I was practically bathing in it, starting to feel lightheaded and sick.

I found the strength to feel the locket strangling around my neck.

"Let me go." I demanded harshly to the locket, before yanking it off my neck.

And then it was in front of me, burning green. The jewel was swirling with darkness, a voice erupting from it.

Let me save you. It said.

"The only one that saves me is myself." I snapped.

You will die. Her voice continued on.

Gladly. After I get rid of you."

Ah. I assume someone by the name of Silas has played with your head.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

You have fallen to the trust of Silas.

"This isn't about Silas." I spoke, feeling my vision blur. I grabbed hold of the locket, gripping it tightly in my hands as my ancestor continued to leave burn marks on my palms.

Then Klaus.

"This isn't about him. This is about you and me."

You are foolish child to think you can take me on.

"I know I can't. But I die, you disappear. I am not letting you get to Klaus."

You won't die.

"I'll take my chances." But she was right. I won't die as long as the curse is still alive within me.

He will find you before you do. In fact, he's on his way now.

"What is it with you and Klaus?" I breathed weakly.

I made a mistake in breaking his heart. I thought he was the love of my life, and he was.

I felt my heart flood with jealousy, but it was gone as quick as it came.

"Can't be helped that you went off being the whore you are and sleeping with other men." I spat out.

You have everything I used to have from him. I need him back.

I smiled. "Good. That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

I felt an intense wave energy erupt from my hand as the locket suddenly became lighter, causing me to drop it in surprise. In attempt to lift my head, it was almost an earthquake that pounded against my brain.

You little-

The car had been suddenly torn off of me, revealing the familiar face I had had spoken to moments before, shutting up Jade Margaret.

Silas looked down at me, smiling in success, not because I was hurt, but because I had lured my ancestor out.

His gaze switched to the locket laying a few feet from my face, a small spark darkness swirling around it.

"Good work, Miss Alexander. I say we make a great team." He spoke to me as he lifted up the locket.

Still obsessing over me, I assume, Silas? Jade Margaret laughed.

"Just protecting what is mine." He glanced down at me quickly, something flashing through his eyes.

"Klaus will be here in mere seconds. I might have contacted him, telling him his princess is currently bathing in her own pool of blood." He said.

I laughed slightly, a sharp pain jolting through my head.

"Jade, I hope you know that as long as the curse is alive, you won't die." Silas said.

"I am well aware." I let out, black flooding the edges of my vision.

And with that he disappeared from above me, leaving me looking up at the trees as I lay in my own pool of blood.

The sound of shuffling feet on branches and leaves sounded from a distance away. I swallowed the lump in my throat, nervous of how he was going to react.

"Bloody hell." His familiar british accent spoke. I opened my eyes, looking up at him as he hovered above me.

His expression was pained as he looked down at me, his eyes shifting to various colors. I just stared at him, my expression blank, although it killed me to see him in pain like this.

Klaus looked away at the horror of me, his eyes clamped shut as his nose flared, clenching his mouth hard. He gripped at what used to be a car door, before growling and yanking it off its attachment, chucking it in anger. His back was to me as it rose and sunk, as he breathed hardly, trying to control his urge.

"Im sorry." I spoke softly, disgusted at my voice at how raspy it was.

Klaus turned his head to face mine, eyes yellow, fangs bared. I didn't even flinch as his face was almost monstrous, but I just looked up at him curiously.

"No. Im sorry." He repeated, shaking his head in frustration then gripping his head, shaking it hard side to side.

"Its okay, Klaus. You can let go." I said.

"No." He snapped, his back was again turned to me as he had an internal battle within himself.

I breathed in deeply, feeling the curse throb in my eye, matching the pace of my heart beat. I kept my eyes shut, as I felt myseld drift off into the darkness.

-

Klaus

When Silas had called me, telling me Jade was hurt, I felt myself tense. Yelling at him, threatening at him, asking him what the hell he did to her. He acted innocent, claiming Jade did it to herself.

And now, when I saw her, a pained expression on her face as she was surrounded in her own blood, killed me.

It was a challenge to control myself around Jade, almost painful. But what is more terrorizing and painful than that is the ability to hurt her, to not be able to control my urge around, giving in to my deepest and darkest need. Her.

And right now, the urge to have her was on a high level. Just hearing her say those two words. 'let go', caused a sharp jolt into my heart, knocking some sense into me. Realizing that this girl, this poor human girl, had a strong hold over me.

I would not let go, I would not feed on her again without her endorsement. Choosing the rough path, I continued to battle the urge, my back to Jade, not wanting her to see my atrocious face.

I was over her body in an instant, ignoring the blood that covered her from head to toe, ignoring the aching burning feeling in my throat and nose. I touched her face gently with my hand, her eyes shut, expression calm, all the pain desolate from her face. Bending down, Jade's blood made contact with my skin, my body tensing. I pushed the urge as it tried to escape once again, scooping her gently into my arms.

In a split second we were away from the crash site, leaning against a tree for support as I breathed heavily, pushing back the fangs that had started to protrude. I sat down on the ground, bringing Jade with me, biting into my wrist I pushed it into her mouth. She took it, her hands gripping tightly on my arms as she drank for a few seconds then releasing me.

Jade buried her head into my chest, wrapping her bruised and blood covered arms around my torso. I felt myself tense, she had never been this close and intimate with me before. Yet again, she had never even tried. I continued to look down at her curiously, feeling my urge dim down as my blood worked its way through Jade's system.

Now, about her bloody car. I pulled out my phone from my pocket, not wanting to go near there again, where the painful sight of her blood was everywhere.

Dialing the only person I know would clean it up, he picked up on the second ring.

"Klaus. Where did you disappear off to so quickly." My brother spoke, a tone of worry in his voice.

"Off to save my damsel in distress in her dying state." I joked, but failing.

"Jade? What happened?" My brother's voice grew more serious and alert.

"She's fine now. But I'm going to ask you for a favor, brother. I need you to clean up the site of the crash."

"That much blood, is it?"

"I can't stand it."

"Alright." And with that, I ended the call, admiring my brother for the countless favors he's done for me. That added one more good person to the list of people I did not want to kill.

"How precious." Silas walked out from a tree, causing me to stand up on my feet it alarm, hiding Jade behind me.

"You. You set this up." I growled.

"Actually, Jade was doing according to plan, but the plan wasn't to crash her car and hurt herself in the process."

"I should have your head on a bloody stick for what you did to her."

"I did nothing, hybrid. Maybe if you hadn't let her go, this wouldn't have happened." He shot back.

Jade squirmed behind me as she moaned, gripping onto the back of my shirt. Silas looked behind me, grinning at the sight of Jade.

"I will give you ten seconds to-

-I am not here to start trouble, relax. Im here to negotiate, I guess you could say, some rules with you." Silas sighed.

"Sorry to say mate, but you've come here out of luck."

"Its about Jade." He smirked. "And trust me, you will want to hear it."

I frowned at him, Jade's arms wrapping around me as she was still slightly unconscious, but waking up slowly. I brought her closer against me, feeling her steady breathing on the back of my arm, sending goose bumps on my skin.

"Talk." I snapped.

"Jade is a very, very special girl. I am disappointed in your lack of ability to be able to protect her. You do know what she is capable of, I imagine?" Silas asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"A lot, I assume." I said, already getting annoyed.

"Indeed. You see, you pulled a wrong move putting that locket on Jade. In fact, that would have cost her her life if it weren't for me."

"That locket freed her from you compulsion, mate." I growled.

"And yet, at the same time, it put her life in danger. You idiot hybrid handed her life over to Jade Margaret. Did you have any idea what she her plans are for Miss Alexander?"

At the mention of Jade Margaret's name, fury and alert filled my senses, my jaw clenching.

"What the hell is she up to. I thought she was dead." I hadn't noticed I was gripping Jade's hips in my hands, for she squirmed uncomfortably behind me. I let go in an instant, placing my hands back in front of me.

"She was. But she is a stubborn one, still after that one damn person she still loves the most. You." Silas said, crossing his arms, revealing the locket in his grasp.

"And how the hell is she gonna achieve that."

"That is when Jade comes in, along with my locket."

I glanced down at the swinging locket from his hand, the jewel shining an abnormal green, that similar haunting green.

"The green look familiar to you?" He asked.

"She's in there, isn't she." I said, disappointed.

"Alive in the soul, but more of a bitch this time around." Silas glared down at the locket, encompassing the locket in his other hand, then opening it, the locket gone.

"And what was her plan? To kill Jade?"

"Exactly."

"How exactly is she going to achieve that entrapped in that piece of junk?"

"Manipulation; that was always her secret."

"So. Destroy the locket. Who knows, maybe she will manipulate you too." I smirked.

"Ah, you see, I can't. Destroying the locket will not only get rid of Jade Margaret, but also my life."

"Good." I grinned. "All the more way to do it."

"I die; your Jade Alexander dies." He grinned back.

I frowned.

"The curse, the key to protection but also destruction. Protection of Jade, destruction of others." Silas added.

"So you are telling me you linked her life with yours."

He grinned. "That is exactly what I am telling you. But now, here comes the part when I negotiate a deal. With you.

There are two things Jade Margaret is after; you, and me. You, the one she loves, and me, the one she hates.

Now, I know you have a special thing going on with Miss Jade Alexander." At the mention of her name, Jade shifted awake behind me, her arms still enclosed securely around my torso. I turned around to face her, as she blinked rapidly, her head lulling from side to side. I grabbed her head gently in my hands, looking into her unfocused eyes.

"Sleep." And with that her body went limp in my arms turning back around to face Silas.

"How do you know about.. us." I snarled.

"Jade's heart, of course.. We all know it never lies. Now, I need to know you won't hurt her."

"Why." I glared across at him.

"Because I need her alive and healthy. Strong, in fact, stronger than she is now, although she currently is strong, but not strong enough."

"Why." I repeated.

"I want you to take good care of Jade, train her like one of your hybrids, except less brutal, more warrior like. In return, I will find out more of Jade Margaret's tactics, and keep my distance for a while."

"If your plan is to send Jade out to battle against her own ancestor, I won't allow it." I would do it myself.

"Miss Alexander is special. Not because of the curse, but what lies deeper than that, deeper than her purity. And that is what can defeat Miss Margaret. I can't personally defeat her myself, because how much power that bitch possesses, I do not know."

"You're scared of her." I almost laughed.

"She possesses the power she stole from me; I have no reason not to be."

"And you think Jade Alexander can defeat her?"

"I know that she can. She has strong potential, and even stronger abilities. I can't crack into her to reveal them; trust me, I've tried, and failed. I need you to do that. Help her discover her true self.

And I know you will succeed from the thing you two have going on.

So deal or no deal, hybrid?"

I glanced down at the sleeping Jade in my arms, her expression peaceful.

I thought I had discovered who Jade truly was, but her stubbornness made her put even more walls up. And those walls I was more than determined to tear down, to be the first one she revealed her vulnerability.

It would be a pleasure.

"Deal." I said.

Silas grinned, approaching myself and Jade.

He looked at Jade's sleeping face, bending down and kissing her forehead, causing me to tense.

"I will be watching." And with that, the monster finally disappeared from my sight.

-

"For how long?"

"However long it takes." I replied, relaxed across the sofa, bourbon in my hand. "How did the car site go?"

"Painful, I could see why you couldn't stand it." He sighed.

"Where has our little sister gone to?"

"Out. With Marcel."

"Ah. Those two are going at it again?" I joked, wanting to lighten the mood from the serious conversation we had had earlier.

"Who knows." Elijah shrugged, pouring himself his own glass of bourbon. "We need more drinks than this."

"And the Salvators?" I added.

"Bonding somewhere else. Why all these questions?" My brother rose his eyebrow at me, taking a sip of his drink.

"I need some peace from all their annoyance." I shut my eyes, running my fingers through my tangled hair.

"Understood. So, the plan?" Elijah asked.

"I am going to take Jade away from New Orleans for a few days. To discover her true personality first, see what kind of talented woman we have." I said.

"And I suppose she knows about this or will know about it?"

"Nope, and you will not tell her about it. I want to.. Surprise her."

"Sounds romantic." Morgan walked in, causing me to squint one eye at her.

"I should snap your neck for eavesdropping on our conversation." I threatened.

"How much did you hear?" Elijah asked.

"From the very beginning."

"You heard about the deal, huh?" I said, shutting my eye, not bothering to deal with the witch right now.

"Every single detail. Now, where will you be taking my friend on this romantic trip?" Morgan asked.

"Somewhere far away from human contact."

"Mars?" Morgan mentioned.

"The Rocky Mountains." I chuckled at Morgan's answer.

"Sounds.. Dangerous." She said, her voice growing quiet, her heart beating faster.

I opened my eyes, looking up at the ceiling before sighing.

"I will not put her in harm's way or hurt her intentionally. You have my word." I promised.

"Good. That makes me feel better." She said, causing Elijah to chuckle.

"You really think of me that cruel to hurt Jade?" I said almost in disbelief.

"Yeah. I mean, you've done it before. Just making sure it won't happen again." Morgan said.

"When will you plan to leave?" Elijah asked.

"Tomorrow."

Morgan's heart skipped a beat, in fear for her friend.

"You need to at least give her time to-

-every moment I give her time, something always gets in the way. I was planning on leaving right now, actually, but decided against it." I sighed.

"Could you, Morgan, perhaps get Jade's belongings together?" Elijah asked her politely.

"You're seriously gonna sit back and let him do this."

"It's the only way, Morgan. You know that. And I believe its good for her, to clear her head of all that's happened simultaneously." Elijah explained. Morgan sighed, before her footsteps sounded out of the room.

"Niklaus, if you even try and-

-i would never do that to her." I growled between my teeth, angry to think now that my brother would believe I would hurt Jade. "I already promised Morgan I would not, and we both know I am a man of my word."

"Just protect her, keep her safe." Elijah said.

I nodded my head, shutting my eyes.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day. And I looked forward to it.

Being with Jade. Alone. Just her and myself. I couldn't imagine wanting something more.

And at last the fun begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 13.9K 37
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
413K 14.5K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
638K 10K 65
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
273K 9.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...