The Power Of A Rose

By NinaFresita

"There's a lot you don't know know about me Babygirl..." The words slipped out through his clenched teeth. Th... More

Authors Note
The beginning
And so it begins...
Angel
Fascinated
Sweet
Twilight
The story of Life
Party Party
Proof
Learning
Teases
Spiraling
First Rose
The transformation
New Body
School
Restraint
Would He Hurt Me?
Kisses & Demons
The Sword
Date
Apologizing
Kitty bath
Let's Fight
Did You Try To Save Me
I Need You
Velvet
Poisoned
Taking A Risk
Why Did You Do It?
I'll do it myself
Found Morals And Found Fairies
Back To School
I Only Hurt Myself
Incubus
Space
Christmas
Without Your Belief, What Can You Really Do?
Passive
Dangerous
How Can I Help You?
Revolution
Confession
Soldier
Overworked
Read The Signs
Relax
Gone
Falling Apart
Hell
I found it
A New Beginning
Looking for Jason
Welcome to Hell
Lucifer
The Truth Of Jason
Help me Lose My Mind
WAR
WAR Pt. 2
WAR Pt. 3
Silence
Epilogue
Sequel

True Warrior

164 7 0
By NinaFresita

Song for the chapter: Sia-Alive

I never thought about how I would die. Maybe something like old age, heart attack possibly. No, it definitely would've been something along the lines of having an accident. Whether tripping into a knife or wrong time, wrong place. Never would I have thought I would be killed by a giant octopus-looking demon who hurled me into the woods. Who would've thought? Who could have imagined? 

I didn't get to graduate high school. Didn't get to move out. Though with my track record, it's a miracle I even lived this long. I guess I should be grateful right, I mean I got to know about things the world will never know. I died protecting the world, that's probably the most honorable type of death, don't you think? I guess this was a good way to die, I can't regret it though it would have been nice to finish my mission. My mission of  never letting hell rule over Earth, maybe after I finish then I could rest without regret.... Maybe I can rest without nightmares now, maybe I can forget all the scary things I've come to witness. Maybe I can be reincarnated into an ignorant women who knows nothing of the secrets of the world and never has to do any of the things I've done. It would be nice. It would be nice to live in ignorance and just have beautiful friends. Doesn't that sound fun? 

But to forget someone like Jason is... disheartening. To live without Jason is not something I think I can fathom. Now I have to die without ever getting to... getting to kiss him.... getting to live with him without the impending doom of the world. I really like him. I'm growing closer and closer to him every day, every second... but I guess it's too late. It's too late.

The sight of the muddy grass began to shift, stretching over my dead body. Grass growing together to form a single blanket around my body, hiding me from the light as I was pulled completely underground.

Was I going to hell? Maybe I deserve to. I mean I did fail, didn't I?

The rose tattoo on my arm suddenly began to glow. Blinding as harshly as the sun in the tiny cocoon. It must have been a signal for something because there was a sudden energy in my body.

One by one my cells found a way to work again,

repairing my tissues...

...muscles...

...organs...

My legs began to shift, snapping back to place after being dislocated. The once protruding bone sticking out of my kneecap now resting in its rightful place under skin and muscle. 

The broken bones in my arms healed exponentially fast, settling back into a natural state instead of their previous position behind my back. 

My lungs and heart returned to their rightful place in my chest. Lungs clearing of blood, heart pumping softly, both functioning at a steady and slow pace. All punctures healed and sealed, veins cleared of clots.

There was a spark in my brain, putting control back into my hands. My nervous system electrifying my body, letting pain overwhelm every single nerve in my body.

The urge to scream, yell, cry was there but I couldn't physically release my emotions. Not yet at least.

My tissues settled, relieving my of any pain. Any bruise was healed, any swelling had eased, any minor and major injuries had subsided. Heart steady and strong, brain fully active...

I'm alive....

I'm alive!

First thing that my new body was telling me was... 

I can't breath!

My mouth and nose were covered, making it impossible to breathe!

I need air!

Pushing against everything and anything around me, I squirmed trying to escape! It seems I was in some sort of cocoon made of leaves... I think.

"Mm! Mmph!" I grunted breaking through the plant. 

My hand was the first part I was able to push out into the cool air.

Now that there was a hole, I was able to crawl completely out.

"Ah!" I panted, dropping onto the mud. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

Rain droplets crashed against my skin, I really am alive!

No pain. No pain...

What a relief.

Its in describable... The feeling of death.

Feeling the excruciating pain of your body break out of every socket, blood rupturing through your every vein, setting your nerves on fire to the point you'd want to kill yourself just to ease the pain. But it didn't stop. No, it kept going. Multiple of my ribs broke puncturing my heart and lungs all while still being alive, so I felt the piercing pain of blood flooding my body, I felt the air in my esophagus replace with blood. Only adding choking to the endless list of things that killed me.

I touched my stomach, chest, arms, and face, wondering if everything was normal. It seems fine. Wet and dirty but fine. It seems my oversized t-shirt was the only evidence of my altercation, filled with blood, mud, and many tears, exposing my stomach. The only thing I felt now was simply the harsh but comforting sensation of rain drops pelting at my skin.  

A giant crash sparked all my memories, all my emotions.

The fucking demon killed me. That eight-legged tentacle, Davy Jones looking motherfucking bitchass killed me!

It murdered me!

It picked me up and pitched me into the woods. 

Rage fueled my body, running up the hill barefoot, not caring what I stepped on.

Just the sight of Jason punching down the demon into the ground ignited my adrenaline.

I'm going to fucking kill it!

Running full speed, I slammed my hands together, bringing forth my sword. I gritted my teeth, keeping a steel grip on the sword as I sprinted through the trees.

I guess my presence was heard as both Jason and the monster snapped their head toward me. Both creatures widened their eyes in surprise. The demons red eyes held fear while Jason's simply held...awe.

With Jason's surprise, the demon was able to slip away, crawling, limping away.

There's no way I'm going to let it get away. Not a chance in hell!

Jason made no move to chase after it, I guess he was letting me do the honors. Sprinting behind it, I managed to skewer one of its tentacles to the ground.

Its not going anywhere now...

A deafening cry erupted from its mouth, tugging against its leg to get away. Smoke erupting from my sword as it kept its contact with the demons blood.

I climbed on its slimy back, wrapping my arm around its neck to hold it back. It was thrashing against me but I guess I was just too angry that my grip never loosened. Pulling out the sword from its leg, I dragged the sword across its neck, decapitating the demon. Body turning into ashes and making me fall to my knees.

It's head rolled against the ground, seeping black ooze instead of blood. I grimaced, watching the head eventually disintegrate into nothing. 

I sighed, taking a deep breath.

I killed it as it killed me. 

I held onto my sword, leaning my head on it.

"Did I really die?" I whispered, knowing Jason was somewhere behind me.

The pouring rain making it hard to hear him. I looked up to the sky, letting the water wipe away the mud on my face. Reassuring me once again that I truly am alive.

"You were a second away from death. Literally a single fucking second," I could hear the panting in his voice.

Taking a deep breath of the dewy, muddy air around me, I stood, letting the sword disappear.

"You..." He laughed softly. I turned to face him. He hugged me tightly, dropping his weight on me, making me lose my footing and fall. He laughed loudly, easing the fall, placing me gently on the ground and catching his weight before it could drop on me.

A small smile on my lips at the sound of his happiness.

"You are a fighter." He smiled. "Whether you believe it or not, you are Heavens rightful warrior." He smiled. "The angels believe in you, the animals believe in you, nature believes in you, God believes in you, life itself is believes in you, rooting for your win. You. Will. Be. Victorious."

His tone was as if he already knew what happens. It was absolutely reassuring, comforting, supportive. The confidence in his words made me believe it to be true.

Thunder struck, forgetting everything and bringing back to the reality of the giant whole in my window, a dented roof, and my muddied attire.

"My house!" I shouted, pushing Jason off and running to my house, I stopped in front of the street, taking in the entire mess of a house!

I gasped.

"What the hell happened?!" I shouted at Jason. The entire roof of my house was caved in. That was definitely not there when I was thrown into the woods.

"Well..." He shrugged, wincing at the state of my poor house.

"Luna! The stray!" I ran across the street into the house. "Jason!" I screamed once I opened the door to see grey skies flooding my house.

I breathed out, not being able to breathe.

My mom is going to kill me! I might as well have just stayed dead because she is absolutely going to put me 6ft into ground.

The roof was in the fucking living room! My room was in the fucking living room! My living room- now a fucking pool!

Jason covered my eyes, I grunted, pulling his hand.

"There." He pulled away.

I groaned, looking back to see my house. Now gorgeous, perfect, sparkling. Not a crack insight.

"Wow." That's a breath of relief.

"Where is Luna and The stray?" I asked, still standing in the door way.

"Somewhere in Alex's house." He shrugged.

It was until now that I noticed how dirty I was. My entire body was splattered with mud, my feet completely brown. My pj's of just a oversized t shirt of Pokemon now completely brown. The black cotton underwear I had under was brown, looking really disgusting.

Jason was worse.

His clothes were completely caked in mud. Arms covered with mud, neck and face splattered with mud.

I shifted uncomfortably, really needing to shower. Who knows if this brown substance on me is really mud and not some animals feces? I looked at Jason who raised an eyebrow up at me.

"What?" He tilted his head. "What are you thinking?"

The other day when we cleaned up the kitty together was really fun. Would it be weird?

"Shower with me."  I smiled widely.

-
-
A/N- Comment! Vote! I really love reading comments, it's one of the best parts of Wattpad.

Also, just a hint, ;) remember this chapter. Shhhhh....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 29.6K 106
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
19.9K 344 13
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE
48.4K 4.8K 100
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
27.8K 677 36
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...