The Power Of A Rose

By NinaFresita

"There's a lot you don't know know about me Babygirl..." The words slipped out through his clenched teeth. Th... More

Authors Note
The beginning
And so it begins...
Angel
Fascinated
Sweet
Twilight
The story of Life
Party Party
Proof
Learning
Teases
Spiraling
The transformation
New Body
School
Restraint
Would He Hurt Me?
Kisses & Demons
The Sword
Date
Apologizing
Kitty bath
Let's Fight
True Warrior
Did You Try To Save Me
I Need You
Velvet
Poisoned
Taking A Risk
Why Did You Do It?
I'll do it myself
Found Morals And Found Fairies
Back To School
I Only Hurt Myself
Incubus
Space
Christmas
Without Your Belief, What Can You Really Do?
Passive
Dangerous
How Can I Help You?
Revolution
Confession
Soldier
Overworked
Read The Signs
Relax
Gone
Falling Apart
Hell
I found it
A New Beginning
Looking for Jason
Welcome to Hell
Lucifer
The Truth Of Jason
Help me Lose My Mind
WAR
WAR Pt. 2
WAR Pt. 3
Silence
Epilogue
Sequel

First Rose

205 7 0
By NinaFresita

Song for the Chapter: Niki -Sugarplum Elegy

In a second the dark, cloudy skies, turned into a blazing clear one. Jason fidgeted uncomfortably. I'm glad the teleporting doesn't affect me anymore cause the dizziness was starting to really annoy me.

"If you want to help then there's something you have to do first. This won't be the same as before." He pulled my hand opposite of the trees, walking toward a clearing by a small pond. "Wait." I looked around, waiting as he said.

It wasn't long before a small bunny came hopping out of the bushes.

"A bunny!" I cooed. "Heyy..." I stood up inching toward it slowly.

"Talk to him." Jason came up from behind me. The bunny leaned toward Jason more, eventually ending up in his hand. Jason smiled, adoring the fluffy animal. "Here."

Gently, making sure not to hurt the animal, he passed him over to me.

"Hey, baby..." I cooed. Letting him rest on my lap. Gently, I petted his hair back.

I felt his emotions, I think. My emotions were masked with fear, It was scared.

I closed my eyes to focus better.

I can see it, I chuckled. There was a variety of colors. Each color representing an emotion. I smiled unconsciously, its weird to be able to see this.... but this darkness, it was slowly spreading, like a disease. It was infecting him. Noo....

"I can feel it." I pouted. "He's scared because he's being poisoned, infected. Aww, poor baby, No, Don't be scared."

Let me help you...

I wasn't sure what I need to do. Take the darkness away or turn it...to light?

"How do I help him?" I asked while keeping my eyes closed. The thought of not being able to help this poor bunny brought tears to my eyes. "Is this what is happening to animals?" I asked rhetorically. "Jason," I cried. "They're scared, its consuming them, their family, habitat..." I bit my lip.

"Don't get sucked in, you'll lose yourself." He warned. Oh right...

Focusing on the darkness, I replaced it with Love, happiness, warmness. I didn't know what would help so I tried curing it with every great thing there is. Just hoping something would help him. I pushed my feelings into him as much as I could.

Opening my eyes, I could see the clear bright soul from him. It wasn't tainted anymore, on the contrary, it was shinning.

"I did it! He's happy. Look, look, look." I jumped with excitement, showing the bunny to Jason. My heart exploded in happiness.  "I helped this little rabbit, Jason. I helped him, hes okay!" I smiled while snuggling into the bunny. "You're okay!"

I could feel his gratitude.

"Good job, Serenity. Now you have to help all of them." He smiled.

"Okay!" I let the rabbit down.

"Remember, don't let yourself get lost in their feelings. It could break you."

"I'll try." I nodded.

"How do you feel? Do you think you can try to cleanse the forest and not lose control?"

"Absolutely!" I cheered. I was so happy that I managed to help the bunny that I just want to help everyone. "I can do it!"  

I knelt down to grip the green grass. Closing my eyes I could see the darkness, it was already drying out the trees, setting up for another fire. 

It was a lot.

Much more poison than the one in the bunny.

I can do this. I have to do this.

Taking a deep breath, I focused on cleansing the land.

"Please, Please, please..." I mumbled.

Gripping the grass tight, I flinched back. It's so malevolent. My body shivered from the frightening evil I never once experienced before. Not going to lie, that really scared me...

I bit my lip, gripping the grass once again, slightly feeling the emotions of the animals. Repeating the same strategy as the bunny, I simply replaced the negative energy with love. I smiled to myself, feeling my energy shift through the land. 

My lose twitched when I felt it's intentions. Growling softly to myself, I forcefully, pushed every ounce of life I had out of me. They deserve their rightful, unbiased, fair chance at life and I won't let anyone or anything thing else die! Not like this!

Grinding my teeth, gripping the grass, holding my ground, I could feel the darkness start to wither away. Gradually, until it was just a thing of the past.

The poison was purified, letting life spread through the veins and roots of the land. A chuckle escaped me, I could feel life in the leaves, grass, dirt, everything. The animals felt it too, relief hitting them.

Opening my eyes, I saw color run back up the trees and grass, everything back to its original vivid, saturated state.

"Jason." I chuckled. I looked back to see him with closed eyes. His frustrated expression turning into one of happiness.

A cool breeze passed by sending leaves flying across,

"Come here." He smiled widely. Oh... He has a really beautiful smile.

He grabbed my hand pulling me to the nearest tree. With his hand over mine, he placed my hand on the grooves at the base of a tree.

A surge of emotions hit me, leaving me with happiness and relief. It was weird but the words, 'Thank you' popped into head.

"Look." Jason's voice pulled me away to see where he was pointing, at the base of the tree.

A single rose, coming straight out of the roots.

"Oh my God." I mumbled. "Is that for me?"

"They want you to have it."

Gently, I plucked the full, bright rose. Three leaves and healthy stem. Roses are my favorite flower.

I couldn't help but feel so happy! I jumped around, laughing.

"Life is so beautiful!" I yelled. Not completely over my happiness, I hugged the tree tightly.

I giggled.

Opening my eyes, my vision focused on a giant furry spider.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!"

I ran away, dropping the rose, dusting my clothes off.

"Jason!!!" I threw my hair around, making sure nothing else was on me. 

"She wanted to say thank you!"

"The rose was enough!" I jumped away, ready to leave.

"Thank you for helping me come back to reality." I hugged Jason tightly.

"It was my fault in the first place. You shouldn't thank me."

"Thank you anyway." I twirled the rose back and forth, "I'm so happy!" I squealed, skipping and twirling around the gazebo.

"Now I can help everyone! I can- I can cure anyone- anything! I can bring happiness to everyone!" I giggled.

"Serenity, as much as I would like that, you can't." He sighed.

"What?" I stopped jumping. "What do you mean, I can't? I just cured miles of land. Why can't I?" I frowned.

"Its not that you aren't able to, its a matter of you aren't allowed to."

"What do you mean?"

"This necklace, your abilities, was only meant to stop the controlled evil, the evil that was never meant to happen. Like the forest, that fire was never supposed to happen so you are allowed to stop it. But you can't go to a patient in the hospital who's had cancer for the their whole life and cure it. That's throwing the balance of life off."

"But- If I have the power, why not? Its only making things better for everyone."

"Its not your place to do that. Some events have to happen to carry out the future. Angels themselves have the power to help and cure others but we don't because its supposed to happen. Life is one giant chain reaction, if you change one thing that was meant to happen, you knock life off balance, which could end in worse scenarios."

I'm sure he saw the hurt in my eyes. Now that I know I have this ability to help people, that's all I want to do. I could stop everyone's suffering...

I whined like a child. I dropped onto the bench and pouted.

"I know you want to help everyone but its not what life is. Life is a natural balance of good and bad. It might not seem fair all the time but that's only because you see a fraction of their souls lifetime." He petted my head softly.

"Is that what this evil is doing? Changing the outcome of the natural balance of life?"

"Yes, its creating a chain reaction but that's what we have you for, counteracting everything the evil has done. Trying to get back to its natural state."

"Too much evil is bad and yet too much good is bad." I mumbled.

"Sorry, Serenity." He kissed the top of my head.

"Everything happens for a reason, right?" I said angrily. "You ruined my good mood." I mumbled.

"Lets get you back. You scraped your leg badly."

Jason and I walked hand in hand back to Lexi's. It was raining but only a small drizzle.

Looking back down at the rose in my hand, made me smile. The happiness infecting me once again.

"I'm so happppy!" I cheered while twirling and running down the street. I giggled as the water crashed down onto me. Good thing no one was outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 8.2K 41
I am insufficient. Well, that's not my name obviously, but that's what my family has decided I am. I'm Julie. I'm 14, about to be 15 years old. I ha...
394K 16.6K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
63.6K 1.8K 23
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...
16.8K 659 45
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...