HALF A HEART || NIALL HORAN |...

By carita_dcosta

Carina Finch loves baking ever since she's a kid. Years later, her dream of owning a cafe comes to life when... More

DEDICATION
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 20

1.3K 49 4
By carita_dcosta

A random picture of my gorgeous boy who makes my life so much better just by flashing his gorgeous smile :') x

_

Carina's POV

TWO DAYS LATER.

"Three cappuccinos on table 4", I said as I passed the tray to Julie.

I wasn't feeling too well today. I was having an extremely bad headache.

"Katie will you watch the counter, for sometime?", I asked her as I walked into the storeroom without even waiting for a reply.

Once in the storeroom, I grabbed a bottle of water from the huge rack which had all the requirements for my cafe.

I sat down on a chair and gulped down almost half a bottle of water.

The pain in my head has increased as it pounded the inner walls of my head.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

The storeroom felt colder as the November cold increased rapidly. Soon, it would even begin snowing and it would be freezing.

"Ma'am, are you alright?", Blake asked as he peeked from behind the door.

"Please call me Carina. I don't really feel well though", I said as I stood up.

"Ma- Carina, why don't you go get yourself some rest? I think we can manage just fine without our boss", Blake said with a smile.

He is the baby of our cafe and is definitely the sweetest one. He reminds me of my baby brother and maybe that's why I like him.

"Yeah, I guess I should get going", I said as I grabbed my coat and put it on.

"Can I get you anything?", he asked, his voice full of concern.

"No, thanks", I smiled as I patted his face on my way out of the storeroom.

He followed me out as he closed the door shut behind him.

"Katie, I'm having a terrible headache and I just can't stay here anymore. I need to get home", I said as I held the counter to steady myself.

"Aw, take care, Carina. I hope you get well", she said with concern.

"Sure, Carina. Just call any of us incase you need anything", Aiden said walking towards me.

"Yeah, we'll be there boss", Caleb said joining us.

"But, does anyone know where ma'am's apartment is?", Blake asked.

The smart boy that he is.

I'm pretty sure no one knew where my apartment was.

"Eh, we'll just go around the city acting like we're professional agents trying to hunt for her and -", Noah was interrupted by Katie.

"Can you shut it just for today? She's already suffering with her headache, don't add to it". 

He put his hands up in surrender making us all laugh.

"Katie, also please keep Niall's coffee ready. You know when", I said to her and she nodded.

Julie rushed to us, "Is there a meeting that I'm missing out on?", she asked with big eyes.

"Nope, just a little farewell thing", Noah said making us laugh again.

.

.

Once in my apartment, I changed into some shorts and a camisole.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and drank from it.

I fetched an Advil from the cabinets and gulped it down and drank some more water.

I walked into my bedroom, maybe some sleep will make me feel better.

I decided to text Niall and inform him I won't be at my cafe today.

Carina: Hey Niall, I hope you're having a great day. I had to get back home because I was having a terrible headache. It's nothing serious though. Katie will keep your coffee ready for you. Stay safe x.

I tossed my cellphone on my bedside table as I pulled the covers up till my neck.

I was comfortable when my phone went off, indicating I received a text.

I grabbed it to read a text from Niall.

Niall: Heavens, are you alright? Call me if you need anything. I'll come over if you need something. Stay safe, Princess x.

Headache, where are you?

Carina: Thanks, Niall. I'm going to get some sleep now. Should probably be okay when I'm up x.

He replied in less than a minute.

Niall: Call me when you're up. Take care xo

Carina: Sure, I will. Take care xo.

With the hugest smile on my face, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep even before I knew it.

.

.

I wake up to the sound of my door bell ringing.

I looked at the wall clock in my room,

5:27 P.M.

Damn, I slept for six hours straight.

I sat up straight for a moment and got out of my bed.

Advil has clearly made the difference. I feel way better as the headache has almost vanished.

I rubbed my eyes as I rushed to my front door, hopping around my tiny apartment.

I swung the door open only to come in contact with.... Niall.

"Hey!", I exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Hey", he said as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay? Do you feel better? Does your head still hurt?", he bombarded me with questions.

"Calm down, Niall. I'm much better. I was sleeping and just woke up because of the door bell ringing", I said as I pulled him into my tiny apartment.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I just thought you'd be awake already", he said wide eyed.

"That's okay", I said as he sat down in front of me.

"I got these for you", he said presenting me a gorgeous bouquet of roses that I hadn't noticed earlier.

"Aw, Thanks Niall", I said as I got up to hug him.

He returned the hug, pulling me closer to him.

"I was so worried about you. I'm just glad that you're okay", he whispered into my ears, sending a chill down my spine.

He pulled back, "These flowers reminded me of you. They're so gorgeous, just like you", he said as he pecked my cheeks.

When I pulled back, I realised what I was actually wearing.

I was still in my shorts and my camisole.

Oh shit.

"Um, I'll be back", I mumbled as I rushed to my bedroom and pulled a random t-shirt over my camisole.

I hurried out, "Can I get you something?", I asked Niall.

"Nope, just come here", he motioned for me to sit next to him.

I walked up to sit next to him on my couch.

He intertwined our fingers as a smile played on his lips.

"Um, Louis told me that-", he spoke as I interrupted him.

"Did Louis leave already?", I enquired.

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure that his flight has landed back in England too", he replied.

"Alright, sorry for interrupting. Carry on", I said.

"Louis said that everyone who'd be coming to the reunion can get a guest with them. Like, you know, a plus one".

"Okay, so?", I asked, confused as to why he was telling me about this.

"Will you be my guest and come with me to my reunion?", he asked as his grip around my fingers tightened.

My eyes widened.

Woah, I didn't see this coming.

My mind raced through the various thoughts of declining, but I didn't find any good reason to do so.

"Are you sure you want me to come with you?", I asked, before I came to a conclusion.

"Very sure", he said as he nodded enthusiastically.

I thought about it for a minute or two and the atmosphere grew silent with the only sound of us breathing. 

"Alright, I'll join you", I said as Niall pulled me into a hug.

"You have three days until we leave. I'll text you the schedule of the reunion later so that you can find the right outfits", he spoke as he got up.

"Alright", I said as I followed him to my front door.

"Good night, you've made me so happy by agreeing to come with me to my reunion", he said as he hugged me again.

"You make me so happy", I whispered as he walked down the aisle and into the elevator.

_

A/N:

Surprise!

An early update because why not?!

I'll update more regularly because I want to finish this book as soon as I can!

Lots of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 153 46
Anne is just a normal girl, she moves to London to be with her best friend and also to study. She's 18 and loves music, she once dreamed about being...
29.6K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
12.6K 300 29
She came running to London, hoping to escape but little did she know that every time she would try, it would lead her to him. Sometimes we don't know...
77.4K 1.1K 43
Let me tell you a story about a girl and a boy. He fell in love with his best friend, when she's around he feels nothing but joy. Leann Scott an...