Since Summers

By agatharoza

The People Choice Awards 2019 Winner for Best Diverse Books Never had Autumn thought that she would break up... More

Season List of Summers Series
one : the first time
two : pokerfaced
three : good dancer
four : lies
five : easy or hard
six : the drive
seven : rumour has it
eight : the closet
nine : friends
ten : brothers
eleven : trouble in paradise
twelve : another ride
thirteen : selective memory
fourteen : reunion
fifteen : fine
sixteen : irish pub
seventeen : dead drunk
eighteen : sleepover
nineteen : when I do seduce you
twenty : bad timing
twenty one : bruised
twenty two : rest
twenty three : break
twenty four : miss
twenty five : schemes
twenty six : regrets
twenty seven : milksop
twenty eight : worst
twenty nine : nerves
thirty : childlike
thirty one : past
thirty two : bullies
thirty three : regret
thirty four : a girl
thirty five : wingman
thirty six : wedding
thirty seven : brothers
thirty nine : do we ? was i ?
forty : nothing changes
forty one : sex & regrets
forty two : not since I met you
forty three : cruel
forty four : caring fella
forty five : twins
forty six : perfectly wrong
forty seven : friendzoned
forty eight : bond, james bond
forty nine : proposal
fifty : wolves
fifty one : but i do
fifty two : unexpected
fifty three : little one
fifty four : plot twist
fifty five : alive
{bridge} frazier
{bridge} promise
{bridge} new page
[pre] 1 : Match & Gasoline
[pre] 2: The Nerd's Secret
[pre] 3: First Kiss
[pre] perfection is illusion
[pre] promise me no promises
[pre] strangers
[pre] dodge a bullet
[pre] Fake Love
[pre] Careful What You Wish For
[pre] Call Me, Clark Kent
[pre] Villain X
[pre] Shame On Me
[pre] A Kissing Frog
[pre] won't go home without you
Forever Frazier

thirty eight : late

4.7K 212 170
By agatharoza

If you think you have read this, well, you have but not this version. I just added 2K more words so you better read this version in order not to get confused when you read the next chapter! agatha x

Now, let's stop running from love
Running from love
Let's stop, my baby
Let's stop running from us
Running from us
Let's stop, my baby
— Troye Sivan, My My My

I waited impatiently, repeatedly tapping my forefinger on my left thigh, as the lift brought me to the rooftop. But once I heard the ding elevator sound, informing me that I had arrived, a sudden knot of panic kicked up the beat of my heart and tightened my stomach.

"Shït!" I groaned in frustration as I realized I had no idea what to say. To be frank, I didn't know why I rushed here either. There was no logical explanation. I simply had to see her.

I clenched my fists, telling my heart to calm down. A few ideas popped into my head. Maybe I should ask her about Steven. It was a safe topic. Yet I was reminded of the fact that I'd seen Steven in the lobby earlier talking to a brunette girl with glasses.

Damn. What should I say? What should I do so I could hear her voice one more time?

I blamed Flynn for causing a scene earlier. If I wasn't distracted, I would've seen Autumn. "Flynn!" I nearly shouted. Yes, I should tell her about the existence of my long-lost twin brother and apologize on his behalf for what he'd done to Steven.

I nodded to myself, determined to have a conversation with Flynn as the appetizer.

Though a few seconds later, none of it seemed to matter. The sight of Autumn wrapped in another guy's arms welcomed me like a kick in the stomach. I staggered backward until my back hit the mirror on the back of the lift. Once the doors slid closed, obstructing my line of sight, I slumped to the floor and stayed that way until the lift brought me back to the ground level.

"Good lord! Ty, what happened?!"

* * *

"So," Faith started and I knew what was coming. It surprised me that it had taken this long before she started asking questions. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I grab the neck of a Hennessy and tilted it as I drank the content. "It's too late, Faith."

"What do you mean it's too late?"

I was about to drink again but her hand grabbed the bottle and took it away from me. Faith took a drink, pretending like it was nothing although I knew she was helping me finish my drink so I would not drink as much. I was not an alcoholic but even I could tell that I was close to becoming one.

"I saw her with him." Closing my eyes, the image of Autumn with another guy slid into my head again and the pain it caused was too unbearable so I forced my eyes open. "They're in each other's arms. Both were in the pool." My head suddenly hurt and I used my thumb and middle finger to massage my temples, hoping each pressure would lessen the throbbing pain.

"Maybe they're just swimming." Faith shrugged one shoulder. "Maybe he was teaching her how to swim."

Shaking my head, I let out a deep sigh. "Autumn can swim. She's a brilliant swimmer."

Faith put one hand on my shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Then maybe she was teaching him how to swim."

"Faith." I turned and looked at her in the eye. "I know what I saw. They looked at each other like, like..." I paused, trying to shake off the pain I felt in my chest. I hadn't been able to see how that guy looked at her but I had seen how she looked at him.

"Like what?"

"Like they were about to kiss," I finally said it. Faith was about to open her mouth but I lifted one hand to prompt her. "I couldn't see him but I saw her. I know that look on her face. Fuck! She used to look at me that way, Faith."

"Oh, Ty." Faith put her arms around me and gave me a hug as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"And it hurt. It hurt so badly." It really did. It felt like I just lost an arm; like there was a part of me that cracked open and would never heal. It felt like I just lost my soulmate. Autumn and I had fought before but never like this. This time it felt like I lost her forever and the worst thing was there was nothing I could do about it. Not when I was still tied with this Italian mafia.

"You know what sucks?" I didn't wait for Faith to reply as I continued, "I could not blame her because it's all on me. I pushed her away and I pushed her too far."

"No, Ty. Don't blame yourself. You did this to protect her." Faith sighed. "And I'm sure she will understand. Not right now, of course, but after this is all over."

"What if there's no 'after'?" I ran my hand through my hair frustratedly. "What if I'm losing her forever?"

Faith gave a small smile. "You won't."

I tilted my head up, locking my eyes with hers as I desperately needed her reassurance. "Why not?"

"Because if she loves you, if she really does love you, she would take you back."

A part of me wanted to believe that but a bigger part told me that this was bullshit. Nonetheless, I kept my mouth shut because I knew at this point, there was no point to argue with a friend. Especially when that friend had just reunited with her love not long ago. Someone who had a miracle happened in their lives would always be optimistic but just because it happened to them did not mean that it would happen to me. Just like always, I let this thought consume me.

SUMMERS

I didn't know how it had happened. One minute I was flaunting my arms, trying my best not to fall into the swimming pool, but the next minute I was wrapped in his arms as we both broke the water's surface, splashing water everywhere. Standing right in the pool with water drenching both of our clothes, our eyes locked and I knew. I just knew that the inevitable was going to happen no matter how hard I tried not to let it get to me, no matter how hard I told myself that he was just a friend. He looked at me like he was going to kiss me. His eyes fixated on my mouth as he leaned forward, slowly and painfully closing the gap between our lips. Yet on the last second when our lips were a thread way, he threw himself backward and grinned.

"I can't believe you got me inside the pool!" Frazier shook his head, pretending everything that had happened in the last two minutes was nothing.

I returned his smile. "Yeah. Being clumsy and all. I really hate wearing high heels. It's a pain and now I'm wet!"

His smile turned mischievous. "You're wet, huh?"

Despite everything else, I blushed. I could feel the warmth in my cheeks and nearly cursed myself. I had heard at least a dozen innuendos before and I usually was able to give a proper comeback without a sweat but here I was, blushing and gaping like a fish out of the water.

"Come on. Let's get inside before we freeze ourselves to death." Frazier took my hand and helped me get out of the pool.

The second my body was out of the water, I felt the chills all over my skin. We managed to get to the elevator and he pressed the call button. "We can't go back to the party like this." Frazier took off his blazer, squeezed the water from it then draped it over my shoulders.

I was going to agree with him but I remembered my most important duty here. "No. I have to go back to the rehearsal. I am one of the bridesmaids." Looking down at my dress, I knew I did not have to find a mirror to realize how horrible I must have looked. "Maybe we can go back to my house, get a change, then come back here."

"Where's your house?" The elevator door slid open and he motioned me to get inside. I stepped into the elevator and told him the address. He shook his head. "That's too far. By the time you come back, the rehearsal will be over."

He was right. Damn it! But what other choice did I have?

"You know what," he fished his phone, which was surprisingly still alive, out and dialed a set of numbers, "why don't we check into one of the rooms here? We can send the clothes for laundry and wait. Once they send our clothes back, we can get dressed and then rejoin the party. I am sure it will not take more time than if we were to go back to your house."

It made sense. "Okay." I gave him a nod.

"Hi," Frazier talked to someone on the phone. "This is Frazier Ronan. I need to borrow a room. Yeah, a suite will be fine. No, don't trouble yourself. I am already on my way downstairs, I'll get the key from the front desk. Thank you."

"What's wrong?" I asked once he ended the call and shoved his phone into his front pocket.

"Uh, they want to send the key but I told them we'll pick it up." Frazier turned to face me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay? Are you feeling cold?" His hands slid down to my arm, rubbing up and down to make some warmth. "Maybe I should've told them to send the key."

"No, it's fine." I was still feeling a little overwhelmed by the fact that we had almost kissed. Not once but twice today. I knew I cared for him. How could I not? He had been so kind and helped me ever since Tyler bailed. I also knew that he used to have a crush on me and I was not sure whether he had it or not but my heart told me I should not lead him on so I faked a cough and took a step backward. He seemed to notice it as he did the same and leaned his back on the wall of the elevator. "They told you they're going to send the keys to you? Wow, I didn't know this hotel has great service. I thought people usually have to go to the front desk and sign the documents or something."

Frazier did not say anything but answered me with a smile.

* * *

© All Rights Reserved 2018 AgathaRoza

a/n: phew~! finally, I managed to complete this chapter! I know not everyone likes it - especially those who ship Ty and Autumn, but I cannot make everyone happy. There will always people who like it and there some who don't. What I can tell you is that this is chapter 32, not 40. There are eight more chapters before this second book is finally completed. Some of you who talked to me on Twitter/here but through PM probably know that I plan on making Book Three, but for now, with so many books I have to finish, I will focus on completing this first before thinking about future plans/books.

What I really want is to finish this one and re-write BAD CROWN BOYS (you know, the story about the five hottest guys of Carlton High, Autumn & Ty's juniors, remember?) That book will be written in a slightly different style as I will treat it as a "TV series" instead of a novel. It will be more of a script. I know I am a noob writer but I am trying to explore. Who knows one day I can be a TV producer (dream on, IKR) XD

have a great week, my angels! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Make sure you vote if you like this chapter and also lemme know your thoughts in the comments! You know how many comments booze me to write and update asap ;) loads of pizza, agatha x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.9K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
179K 6.8K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
21.9K 630 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
317K 11.7K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...