๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ญ๏ธฑr...

By bottledcosmos

โ€• ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’š๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’‚๐’•. โ i knew i was in trouble when i first heard her laugh a... More

synopsis
soundtrack
graphics
introduction
act one ;;
i. sun
ii. chancellor of earth
iii. whatever the hell we want
iv. survivors
v. brave princess
vi. payback
vii. lost cause
viii. kindness
ix. sunrise
x. sunset
xi. justice
xii. protected
xiii. leadership
xiv. like the bird
xv. the good book
xvi. missing sister
xvii. surrounded
xviii. who are we
xix. out of the woods
xx. our mess
xxi. a trip
xxii. always
xxiii. the first shot
xxiv. casualty
xxv. destroyer of worlds
xxvi. like a family
xxvii. it's personal
xxviii. our ground
xxix. fight and die
xxx. rocket's blow
act two ;;
xxxi. sky girl
xxxii. fun
xxxiii. clarke's fight
xxxiv. loose cannons
xxxvi. it changed him
xxxvii. a way in
xxxviii. leave or die
xxxix. rescue
xl. blood for blood
xli. yu gonplei ste odon
xlii. didn't hesitate
xliii. endure
xliv. monster
xlv. the mountain
xlvi. april jaha
xlvii. the cure
xlviii. beginning of a rebellion
xlix. ultimate sacrifice
l. submerged
book 2 ;;

xxxv. sweet sorrow

6.1K 277 77
By bottledcosmos

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ALTHOUGH JUNE WAS PANICKING INTERNALLY ABOUT BELLAMY'S SAFETY, SHE HELPS IN LOWERING BELLAMY ON THE ROPE THEY HAD MADE OUT OF SCRAP AND SEAT BELTS. She had the red strap wrapped around her right arm, feeling it burn as it rubbed at her skin, but managing to keep it steady as she slowly allowed him to be brought further down the other side of the cliff. June wasn't going to let him fall to his death as Sterling had. This time, the group was ready, even Murphy, who was the closest to the edge. She could hear Mel's cries grow louder as Bellamy got closer, encouraging her in promises that he wouldn't drop her to hold onto him.

When the new weight at the end of the rope hangs, June grits her teeth. Her muscles in her arm are straining, struggling to keep her clutch tight enough. "I got her!" Bellamy's shout echoed up to them. "Pull us up!" Digging her boots into the ground, June kept herself from skidding as she pulled the rope back.

"Don't you worry, Bellamy," Murphy called down to him. June was sure he was grinning by the smugness in his voice, despite the tension. "I won't drop you." She rolled her eyes.

"Just pull, Murphy!" Finn exclaimed in agitation as he heaved the rope back.

The feeling of the rope tightening from weaving on June's arm was painful, but she was able to keep more of a grip in doing so. She ignored the scream in her muscles, pulling hard with each step back she took, only able to picture Sterling fall to his death and not wanting Bellamy to suffer the same fate. It was much more difficult to heave Bellamy and Mel up than it was to just drop him down, but no one on the rope paused. June wasn't sure how far up they were yet, if they were getting any closer to the edge, but she didn't have a minute to dwell on it when everything went wrong.

Suddenly, the clip between Murphy and Finn broke and split in two. Murphy grunts as June lets out a shout of surprise, the impact sending her falling back and sprawling on her butt. The rope she was holding was useless, she realized when she shot back up to see Murphy was struggling to hold both sides, his feet sliding with the weight hanging off the cliff. "A little help!" He shouted in strain.

Shaking off the force, June pulls herself up and races to grab the short end Murphy was fighting to keep a hold of. She slid back, dust flying from her boots skidding down. Finn was the next one there, grabbing it quickly and wincing as he tugged it back, Monroe right behind him. Once the four are back on the rope, Murphy releases the useless one that's tied to the stump. "What the hell is happening up there?!" Bellamy demanded from where he hung.

"A party!" June shouted back through gritted teeth sarcastically. "Just hang on!"

June nearly jumps out of her skin, feeling the belt slide against her skin as an arrow lodges in the ground only centimeters from her right leg. More follow in suit, whistling sounds in the air as they land, flying over June's head or landing around her. She struggled to hold on, her heart racing in her chest and her blood pumping with adrenaline so loud, the sound blowing in her ears.

"Grounders!" Monroe screams.

Finn, without letting go with one hand, swiped up a rifle near him and tossed it over to Monroe. "Cover, go!" He demanded. The red-haired girl rises, releasing the rope, causing June to tighten her grip, her arms weakening as the three of them struggle to miss arrows and pull the rope without the other.

"How many are there?" Bellamy calls up to them.

"We can't see them!" Finn hollered in response as Monroe loaded the gun. "In the trees! Aim for the trees!" June hears Monroe shoots wildly, the bullets flying to the woods behind them, causing the arrows flying their way cease. Another whipping sound rips through the air and Finn gasps, letting go of the rope to roll over. June makes a noise of surprise, watching as a spear lands where he had once been. He quickly comes back, grabbing the belt, and resuming the pulling again.

From behind June, Monroe cries out loudly in pain, dropping the firearm. June takes a quick look, shocked to see an arrow sticking out of her upper thigh, making her realize how they were fighting a battle they couldn't win. Grounders were still out there, and the three of them were sliding closer to the edge, unable to pull them up on their own. "We're gonna need to cut her loose. We can't do this," Murphy mumbled before shouting. "Bellamy, you got to cut her loose!"

"No way!" Bellamy protested like June expected him to, but she wasn't sure anymore. It wasn't getting any easier for them. Her arms were falling loose, sweat was coating her forehead and her lungs were tightening as she attempted to breathe easier.

"Cut her loose!" Murphy demanded louder.

As it turned out, the two dangling for their lives and grounders attacking were the least of their problems. The horn that is heard in the woods is piercing, it causes June to almost freeze, recognizing it immediately as the sound they heard minutes before the acid fog appeared. Unable to believe their incredibly bad luck, June shouts; "Oh, fantastic!"

"Monroe, get back on the rope!" Finn ordered. Despite her injury, Monroe seems capable to do so and hurries to help.

They have no choice but to use whatever strength they have left. Every yank aches June's muscles, but she doesn't stop, holding her breath and making her lungs feel like they're on fire as she aids her friends in refusing to give up. The sight of Bellamy and Mel's heads peeking over the top sends a wave relief over her, and with one last tug, they're close enough to the rocks to pull themselves the rest of the way back. June falls back, her head thudding against the ground as her numb arms lay slack at her side.

Mel is whispering soft thank you's, and June wants to smile, but she's too exhausted to even look up. "We have to take cover from the fog," Finn reminds them through pants. June groans at the idea of having to move, but she sits up, wincing.

"Bellamy?"

The new voice calling out has June's eyebrows pinching together, rolling over until she's turned around to see the source of it. Her eyes widened when her gaze landed on Octavia, emerging from the trees, a horn clutched in her hand. Love filled Bellamy's features as he slowly said; "No, we don't," already rushing to her.

"She blew the horn," Murphy deadpanned. June grinned to herself, pushing on her knees to stand up as she watched the sibling's embrace tightly. She remembered the last time they saw each other - back at the dropship, when she had an arrow in her leg and Lincoln had to take her away to save her. June wondered where the grounder was, but she didn't ask, watching as Octavia released her brother and approached her next.

"It's so good to see you," June whispered, throwing her arms over Octavia's shoulders and squeezing her tightly.

Octavia smiled, settling her chin over June's shoulder as she weaved her arms over her hips. "You too."

Nearly all of them are injured. June's still weak from working on the rope, her old arrow wound aching at her side from all the straining. Mel's arm was either broken or sprained, and it's a wonder she managed to hang for so long. Bellamy gently ties a sling around her arm from spare cloth, while June and Octavia tend to the arrow in Monroe's arm. Octavia was ripping a piece of her maroon tank top off as June positioned one hand on the stick of the arrow and the other pressed firmly on Monroe's leg. "You ready?" She questioned.

At the hesitant nod, Monroe braced herself as June yanked her hand back, efficiently taking the arrow out. Monroe shouted in pain, hand flying up to grip her shoulder, squeezing it so tightly it could have left a bruise. "Sorry, sorry!" She apologized, visibly wincing as she imagined the pain that Monroe was in. "Bellamy and Finn took mine out while I was unconscious."

"Lucky you," Octavia replied with a warm smile. "I had mine cauterized." She crouched to tie the torn clothing around Monroe's leg, tight enough to keep the bleeding under control.

"Thank God you came when you did," Monroe told her between short groans.

"I was going back to camp when I heard shouts," Octavia explained shortly.

Just as Octavia finished covering the injury, Murphy came up behind the three. "Nice foghorn." He leaned down, picking up the horn hanging from Octavia's belt. "What happened to your boyfriend?"

Gaze sharpening into a dagger, Octavia snatched the object out of Murphy's hand. "He's gone," she stated coldly. June frowned sympathetically as her head fell, wisps of brown hair falling out of her braid. Murphy sensed the tension and held his hands up, backing away to give her space.

"Hey," Bellamy greeted, voice soft as he approached. He crouched until his knees were bent and they were eye level. "I'm sorry, O."

Octavia only nodded, brushing it aside. She stood before either Bellamy or June can comfort her further, hair swinging back as she swung the strap of her bag onto her shoulder. "The grounders will be back," she announced, no sign of sorrow in her tone. "So we need to go. Now."

"Yes, we do." Finn was calling out to them. June rose, head turning in his direction, seeing he was standing from where he had been studying the map drawn for them. She had just noticed him, but now, she could sense how eager he was to leave.

"The arrow might be poisoned," Bellamy informed him. June nodded, remembering the grounder who forced the cure in her mouth. "I have to take them home."

Sighing, Finn held out a piece of paper to Bellamy. "I know." Bellamy accepted it, unfolding it, and June leaned over to see that it was a small map with directions and lands from the way they had came, including the location of the village the grounder told them about.

"I'll meet you as soon as I can," Bellamy promised, tucking the folded paper into his jacket's pocket.

Finn held the gun June had been carried in her direction. "June? You coming?" He asked.

After briefly thinking it over, June shook her head, taking the firearm from his hand and swinging the strap holding it onto her shoulder. "Can't. So many of us are hurt and..." She paused before shaking her head, remembering the screams when she was locked up. "I have to see if Raven's alright." Finn nodded in understanding, picking up his bag and beginning to jog in the other direction.

June couldn't lie and say she was stunned to see Murphy follow. He held out his arms in mockery towards them, smirking. "Parting, such a sweet sorrow, right?" He drawled out sarcastically.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Bellamy called out in question.

"Sh," June hushed him, holding up a hand. "Don't give him time to change his mind."

Cocking his head, Murphy gave the pair a crude look that matched his features. "Come on," he urged. "You know if I go with you, they'll just lock me up again."

It's quiet as the group realizes Murphy's right. He was only following Finn to save himself but knew he didn't want to be locked up again. Even though he likely deserved it, Bellamy picked a gun up and gestured it in Murphy's direction before tossing it. Murphy gladly caught it, admiring the firearm as he loaded it in awe. June was surprised by the action, as was Octavia, who questioned; "Really?"

"Watch his back," Bellamy requested with a nod, referring to Finn.

June watched as both males took off, disappearing in a run between the trees. For a moment, she wished she had followed, but she had to see Raven. All June could do was hope that they'd find their friends and deliver them safely home.

━━━━━━━━

The sight of Camp Jaha is as comforting for June as it was when she saw the dropship. Despite its faults, The Ark was her home, and now, it was on the ground. She smiled widely at the sight, helping Octavia haul Monroe to the gate that was swung open at the sight of the approaching group. She had the injured girl's left arm over her shoulders while Octavia had her right arm around her. Monroe didn't have to use her bad leg, but she still winced a few times, even as it brushed against the ground. Mel leaned on Bellamy, her hurt arm still cradled against her chest in the old sling.

A male guard approached them, hand outstretched. "Need your weapons," he requested sternly. Bellamy frowned, pulling his handgun out and passing it over. Monroe lifted her arm off June, allowing her to take off the weapon hanging on her shoulder and hand it to him as well. The guard backed down, allowing them to walk further into Camp Jaha.

Abby came up next, her eyes landing on Mel. She tenderly cupped the girl's chin, studying her closely. "I know you. Factory Station," she noted. "Where are the others?"

"There are no others," Mel answered, quiet and sad.

"Found her a day from here," Bellamy spoke to Abby. "No survivors. Lots of supplies."

Understanding, Abby nodded to one of the guards. "Get her to medical," she instructed. Mel was guided as was Monroe, a guard taking the relief of her weight off Octavia and helping her to medical as well, Abby following them both.

As soon as Abby is gone, there's a sudden flash of someone with blonde hair launching themselves at Bellamy. June stumbled to the side at the initial impact, seeing arms flying over his shoulders and a head burying into his neck. Her heartbeat ceases to a slower beat, not able to see the face shoved into Bellamy, but knowing immediately who it was. June would recognize her anywhere, even as her vision starts to blur when her eyes become glossy with tears.

"Clarke?" June's voice breaks. Clarke's here, and she's alive. Clarke is smiling when Bellamy hugs her back, squeezing him tightly against her chest.

"Now, there's something I thought I'd never see," Octavia jokes fondly.

June lets out a choked laugh. When Clarke and Bellamy finish, she's suddenly jumping to June, hugging her the way she did Bellamy. Tears from her stain Clarke's neck as she embraced her tightly, arms around Clarke's waist, remembering the last time she saw Clarke. She was screaming, watching as June was tackled by a grounder before retrieving into the dropship to shut the door and save everyone before disappearing. She can't find the words to explain her relief but tearfully lets Clarke go after a minute.

"I'm glad you're okay," Octavia murmurs as Clarke hugs her next, quicker than the other two she shared.

"You too," Clarke responds with a wide smile.

A figure limping behind Clarke catches June's eye. Her jaw drops at the view as they get closer before she's crying out; "Raven!" And gasping as she darts forward with her arms open.

If June hadn't hugged her so tightly, Raven might have fallen over, but the mechanic laughs as she hugs her back with one arm, the other, leaning on a makeshift crutch. "Are you okay?" June asks, receiving her own answer when she slowly pulls away, still gripping Raven's arm, looking down to see a brace wrapped around a leg. Her breath hitched in her throat. "Oh, Raven... I'm..."

"It's alright," Raven cut her off confidently. "Just an outcome." From Murphy shooting her in the back, June senses she wants to finish with, but she can see Raven is dealing with it. She stays by her side as she staggers to hug Octavia in greeting, wide smiles from everyone's reunion.

"How many are with you?" Bellamy faces Clarke hopefully.

The smile turns faint as Clarke shakes her head. "None," she says softly before looking around and seeing the one they were missing. "Where's Finn?"

Finn's name hit June hard. She suddenly remembered where Finn and Murphy had gone, on search for her and the rest of the delinquents. She shares a knowing look with Bellamy who swallows thickly before saying; "Looking for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.2K 21
"๐ข ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ข'๐ฆ '๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐จ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข'๐ฆ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง." [๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐ค๐ž ๏ฟฝ...
2.3K 113 18
๐š’๐š—๐š๐š’๐š๐š˜ ๐šœ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐š ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š™๐šž๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š”๐šข๐š‹๐š˜๐šก ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐šŠ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š˜๐š—... ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š๐š—'๐š ๐šŠ๐š๐š–๐š’๐š ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š’...
2.2K 133 20
you slowly realise you weren't meant to save the world. you were meant to destroy it. the 100 ( season 1 - tba ) fem!oc ๐’™ bellamy blake fem!oc...