Impossible To Resist (z.m au)...

By rosieee95

Curiosity was my weakness, and he knew that. I just didn't think things would get this messy. I ended up goin... More

Impossible To Resist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 ;)
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100!
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120 / The end
The Tale Of Louis and Niall
my stories
HELLO!!

Chapter 72

3.5K 127 14
By rosieee95

Chapter 72_

"Where's Zayn?" I asked Camille later that day. "These papers were just faxed in and he needs to sign them," I explained to her, waving the three white sheets lightly. I had looked in his office and around as well as checking my schedule to see if he maybe had a meeting somewhere but he was no where to be found and he didn't answer when I called him.

Camille looked up at me, and for the first time I noticed little wrinkles that had settled around her eyes and around her lips. 

"He left while you were at lunch," she replied. 

"Why? Do you know where he went?" I questioned her. Zayn had priorities today just like any other and since he's been here he's never really skipped out on anything unless he had a reason... A reason which he usually let someone know.

"No Miss Soderstrom," Camille said, shaking her head. Earlier her lips were striking in a bold red lipstick, but as the day went by it faded a bit with every hour. It was around 3:00 in the afternoon and her lips were now a muted shade of a tinted rose. 

I stood there, ignoring the demanding papers in my hand and racked my brain for a logical explanation for Zayn's absence. 

"Thank you... Let me know if you hear anything," I smiled politely and Camille nodded in return.

When I got back to my desk I had decided that something was obviously wrong. Maybe it wasn't a big deal, whatever the reason was, but Zayn was still gone and with no explanation or clue as to where he could be. 

I looked at my agenda for the day and realized that besides these papers that needed signing, I had nothing else that had to be done right away so I quickly slipped the papers into the proper bin that was specially marked for times like this, and then clicked into my computer system.

I looked around the screen, searching for icon that would let me into the phone services of our floor. More specifically, Zayn's. 

For other scenarios, including legal related ones, all calls were linked to our computer so we could track things with ease and could review caller ID's and things like that. 

Usually the head assistant (which would be Aimee) has access to all the phone records, but thanks to me being her assistant, I now am also granted the luxury of reviewing the calling records. 

I clicked around until I found the line linking to Zayn's office. 

This was a long shot, but I had nothing else to go on. I guess if Zayn did receive a phone call they could have contacted him on his mobile phone, but I quickly erased that thought since almost everyone contacted each other via landlines. If someone had Zayn's phone number they must have been pretty dang important because as far as I know, the only people Zayn speaks to is Camille, Aimee, myself, Louis, and maybe a select others. 

Harry and Niall aren't even contacted through his cell phone, usually I am the one to call them on mine or someone uses a landline. 

I sat and slowly began to sift through his phone records. Camille mentioned that it was during my lunch break which was about 12:40-2:00 so I needed to look for those times. 

I rattled off the random, non familiar numbers and names that were set on a list. 

But then I came across one that fit the bill exactly; he had received a call from Aimee. 

This confirmed my suspicions on something being off. Why would he leave after a call from Aimee? 

I suddenly remembered him telling me that Aimee needed to speak to him and that she would call him back. I guess she finally did. 

Quickly paging Camille, I waited for her to click on her receiver. 

"Yes Miss Soderstrom," she said. 

"Hi Camille," I replied informally. "Did Zayn tell you he was expected a call from Aimee over the past few days?"

"Yes, he mentioned it."

"Ok... Do you happen to know why? Like, what was it about?"

"No, miss. Why?"

"Nothing... No matter," I said quickly. "Thank you."

After hanging up I muttered 'stupid girl' to myself as I realized that I could just call Aimee instead of asking someone else.

Praying that she was still awake over there in America, I anxiously listened to the annoying electronic ring of a phone as I held the receiver to my ear.

"Hello," her familiar voice said, sounding rather tired. 

"Hey! It's Mia, is this a bad time?"

"No, not at all," she replied, but I could clearly hear the unenthusiastic sarcasm of her tone. Typical Aimee. 

"You called Zayn earlier, right?"

"Yes... Why?" she pressed, her voice going a bit lower. 

"He's um..." I stalled, trying to decide whether or not I should tell her that he was gone. I then decided against it. "What did you guys talk about?"

"He didn't tell you?" she asked, sounding a bit surprised. 

"No, he didn't."

"Mia... His father... Carlisle's awake."

***

"Well what else did she say?" Louis voiced said.

My cell phone was slipping from my ear so I held it up with a bit more strength. 

"Nothing... She just said that Carlisle's awake... Louis, he woke up from his coma," I explained to him, picking up a random pen off my desk and clicking the top of it multiple times.

"Damn... So like... Can he move around? Is he walking?"

"No, he still has brain damage so he's basically incoherent but his eyes are open and they are managing to feed him a little bit of food."

"When do you think he'll be back in office?"

"Not for a while, by the sounds of it. Parts of his brain are still swollen so they are struggling to take tests. They are just going to observe him for now but he is barely strong enough to sit up or tell someone he wants a glass of water. I have a feeling he's not going to be back for a while, and even if he does get better it's still a long ways away until the doctors will let him on a plane."

"I see..." Louis said quietly, mumbling barely audible words to himself. 

"So you don't have any idea where he could be?" I asked him.

"No, have you called the house?"

"Yes. Charles said that he isn't there... And then I called again about 5 minutes later just in case and still the same answer... And he's still not answering his phone... Do you think he's ok?" I said to Louis, hoping that he would give the reassuring answer I wanted and expected to hear. 

"Honestly... Your probably right.... You know, trying to find him. I've been friends with Zayn a long time and it's no secret that he isn't the best at expressing his feelings and emotions... And that's why I'm nervous about all of this."

I nodded, even though Louis couldn't see me. I felt exactly the same about the situation right now, I knew that Zayn didn't express himself very well so whatever he was doing to whatever emotion or feeling he was having... I could count on him to do the wrong thing. 

Suddenly something popped into my mind. Sure, Louis has been friends with Zayn for a long time, but there is one other person who has been there since the beginning. 

"Louis... I'll call you back if I find him," I said, getting ready to hang up.

He quickly said that he would do the same and then we both exchanged goodbyes. 

After that was done I quickly dialed Harry's phone number.

"Hello Mia."

"Hi," I said and I could hear him clear his throat on the other end.

"Are you ok?" he asked, taking me a bit more seriously.

"I just heard some news that is a little... I don't know if it's good or bad to be honest—"

"What is it?"

"Carlisle just woke up from his coma."

"Is Zayn ok?" Harry questioned me, allowing the concern to show in his voice. 

"That's just it... I can't find him. He left a couple hours ago and no one knows where he is... I was hoping that somehow maybe you would know where he could have gone, or something like that."

He was silent on the other end aside from his steady breathing. 

Finally I straightened up and was ready to grab my purse when he broke the silence. 

"I have an idea... I'll pick you up around the front. See you soon."

***

Harry and I had been driving around to various places, four to be exact, and Zayn was still no where to be found.

"Where could he be?!" I muttered angrily to myself, really anxious by now. 

Harry was in the drivers seat besides me, his intense green eyes abnormally blank as he continued to scan his brain.

My hands flew to the areas around me as struggled to stabilize myself from a sudden jerk of the car. 

"What the hell, Harry?!" I shouted at him as he does an illegal turn and starts driving the opposite way, faster than normal. 

We pulled into a parking lot as the sun was just about to set. Of course London is a big black hole of dark clouds so it was pretty much already dark. 

"What are we doing?" I asked but Harry didn't reply. He had already gotten out of the car.

I stumbled after him, tripping over my own clumsy self as he sprinted into some sort of pub looking thing just outside of the main city. 

When I reached the front door, all out of breath because my unfit body is not used to any sort of cardio, I was surprised to see that Harry hadn't gone inside. He was simply standing there, peering in.

He heard my footsteps and turned, his berry colored lips were closed and his facial expression concerned as he studied me. 

I took a spot next to him and looked in as well. 

To my surprise I saw Zayn... Sitting on a bar stood and looking up at a brightly lit giant TV that hung above his head. 

"You found him," I breathed before a big smile of relief washed over me. 

Harry stiffened a smile and backed away so I could step inside. 

I looked back at him, mentally giving him the green light to join me but he refused, shaking his head and taking yet another small step back. 

Turning my focus back on Zayn I began walking towards him.

The bartender had caught sight on me and his big hair arm was held pointed in my direction. 

"You," he said, his voice deep and gravelly. "Are you with this guy?" 

I nodded.

"Thank God," he breathed before turning to continue wiping down the counters.

I was a bit confused at first but didn't say anything.

I gradually inched my way closer to Zayn before putting my hand on his shoulder. 

He reeked of alcohol... So much that I felt light headed for a second. 

"Mia!" he slurred, a big goofy smile spreading across his face. 

I chuckled before rushing to keep him upright as he almost lost his balance on the stool. 

He was obviously drunk. 

"Can I order a coffee, please?" I asked the man behind the counter and he gave me a thumbs up. 

"Yes," Zayn agreed, "And two more glasses of scotch, please."

"Zayn!" I exclaimed and he pursed his lip before correcting himself. 

"Fine... One glass of scotch."

I chuckled, shaking my head, hoping that the bartender wouldn't listen to him. I had no problem knowing that he wouldn't. 

I turned my head to see if Harry was still there, and he was. Observing from afar with a dimpled grin. 

"Can I tell you something?" Zayn whispered. "You have this little... beauty mark on your hipbone... It's just like a little... Dot. A dot. That's a funny word isn't it? Dot. Dot."

"Ok then?"

"Oh no! No! No! No!" he said shaking his head widely. "I like it. I like it a lot."

I coughed uncomfortably because the bartender was near, and he and I both knew there was only one way for Zayn to have seen my hipbone. 

"And do you know what else I like about your body—" Zayn began to speak but I quickly shut him up.

"That's enough," I said before turning to the man. "On second thought I'll just have the tab. Thanks."

"I like it when you tell me to be quiet," Zayn said with a smile. "You being demanding the hottest thing in the world."

"Hurry, please!" I shouted, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. 

I grew even more embarrassed by the second as I saw that even the bartender was chuckling.

I felt Zayn's hands on my hips as he tried to pull me closer to him. "You smell nice," he mumbled into my skin.

I was more than relieved to feel him being gently tugged away as Harry appeared by my side.

"I'll take care of the tab, Mia. You take him home," he said before grabbing Zayn's keys which were conveniently located on the counter next to his cell phone and some empty glasses. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go!" he demanded, pointing towards the door.

I gave him a thankful look and put my arm around Zayn, helping him walk. 

His car wasn't hard to spot in the parking lot. Other than Harry's, his was the only other sports car.

As I struggled to settle him into the seat, he seemed to already be drifting off to sleep. It's a good thing Harry found him when he did. 

I leaned over his body, attempting to fasten his safety belt. 

"I like it when you touch me," he chuckled and I quickly pulled myself away from his hungry hands which wanted to travel. 

"Yes, you seem to like a lot of things," I mumbled before getting into the drivers seat.

I stuck the key into the ignition and revved up the engine, praying to God that I wouldn't crash his car. The fanciest thing I had ever driven was my aunt's new sedan.

By the time I was pulling out of the parking lot, Zayn's intoxication had already put him in a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 5.6K 35
She painted his life with color and he infused her soul with passion.
601K 13.5K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
251K 6.7K 56
All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do was escape from his past. What happens w...
1.6M 32.5K 58
When it was myself and thirty other students, he was Mr. Mendes. When it was just him and I, he was Shawn.