Summer Falls in Love

By julialove

Summer Falls got asked out at the start of Summer and dumped at the end of fall. Irony was practically her mi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 6

3.1K 64 7
By julialove

Chapter 6

Dress casually. That’s what Jake had told Summer. Dress casually. She had been stuck on what to wear for about an hour now. And yet, she was still standing in the middle of her walk-in-wardrobe, hands on her hips, frustrated with what to wear. She turned 360 degrees and scanned her wardrobe yet again.

She was going to meet his friends today. Just for fun. Jake had wanted her to get to know some of his close real friends. Well Jake, he was famous, and he had friends who were fake. These guys, Jake had said, were his friends for life.

Summer finally settled on a pair of dark skinny jeans that she bought a few weeks ago, before all this. What about her top? She rummaged her closet further. Finally, she narrowed it down to a flare orange tank top or a purple long sleeved crop top. She finally decided on the purple long sleeved crop top, which matched her skinny jeans better.

Then, she applied some lip gloss on her lips, which made her lips look shiny and kissable. She also lined her eyes with black eyeliner, making them pop, plus a little bit of black eye shadow that created a smoky kind of effect. Then, she curled her already wavy hair into more obvious waves. Finally, when she was done, she grabbed a matching purse and went on her way to Jake’s penthouse.

Summer reached Jake’s penthouse and rang the doorbell. Jake’s eyes brightened when he saw her. He led her in and out to the outdoor balcony. The balcony didn’t jut out of the side of the building. It was more like a sky garden. It was less scary because it didn’t jut out; it was a cozy wood-floored balcony kind of thing. Summer loved it immediately.

On the balcony there was a table and chairs around it with cushions. Summer could tell everyone was already there because there were only two empty seats left at the table; for her and Jake. There were 2 guys and 2 girls sat at the table.

  “Oh hey,” One of the girls said, noticing me and Jake coming. She had gorgeous wavy blonde hair and eye-lined blue eyes, not to mention her model-like body.

  “Hey guys,” Jake greeted back as he and Summer took a seat at the table.

  “At last, we meet Summer,” One of the guys said. He had dark brown hair and sky blue eyes. One word came to Summer’s mind. Hot. “I am Cameron, but you can call me Cam,” Summer smiled at him, careful not to melt.

  “Hi,” Summer said politely.

  “Jake talks about you non-stop,” The other guy said, he had short blondish-brown hair. He was cute. Why were all of Jake’s guy friends hot? Summer thought immediately. She blushed at his comment. “I am Zach, nice to meet you, Summer,”

  “Same to you, Zach,” She smiled back at him. Their hotness was making her melt but she kept her cool.

  “Hey!” Jake cried. “I do not!”

  “Someone’s just in denial,” The other girl scoffed and said. She was a brunette with a pretty face. Summer instantly felt her insecurities rise by a million. These people were incredibly hot and gorgeous. “I am Danielle,” She smiled at me, “Cam’s sister.”

  “And I am Havana,” The gorgeous blonde girl said.

  “Nice to meet you,” Summer smiled politely at them.

  The food came and the dinner was simple yet nice. Western food on a cool balcony, lighted up with candles and mini LED lights, with city lights in the background and a warm atmosphere. Summer felt very cozy.

  “So,” Havana spoke up, “are you guys a couple?”

  Summer tensed up next to Jake, “Yes and no,” Jake replied very casually. Summer felt mixed emotions. And as though reading her thoughts, Jake leaned into Summer and whispered in her ear, “They know about our…fake situation.” Summer relaxed instantly.

  “You guys would make a cute couple though,” Danielle commented, eating a fry.

  “Just admit it already Jake,” Cameron teased, “You like her!”

  “I don’t!” Jake said, but it was more like he was convincing himself, “Summer and I are just best friends.”

  “We’ll see,” Zach smirked, “Won’t we, guys?”

  They all smirked.

  “Alright, alright,” Jake said and the topic dropped.

  They ate and conversed happily with each other. Summer got along with them fairly well.

  “Wait,” Havana said, “How did you guys meet again?”

  Summer’s mind travelled to that night. “Do you, um, really want to know?” Summer bit her lip. Havana grinned.

  “Of course,” Havana laughed melodiously.

  “We were drunk,” Summer said bluntly. Cameron and Zach nearly choked on their drinks.

  “W-What?” Cameron spluttered.

  “You guys met at a club?!” Zach said in disbelief.

  “Cloud 9,” Jake said.

  “Wait so…” Cameron put the pieces together, “Did you guys…sleep with each other?”

  Summer and Jake turned red, “Maybe…” Summer dragged.

  “Oh my gosh!” Zach widened his eyes. Havana laughed at his reaction.

  “Seems pretty normal,” Havana shrugged. Summer sent her a thankful look. “People go to clubs for all sorts of reasons,”

  “Mm yeah,” Jake turned to Summer, “Why were you at the club anyway?”

  “The typical reason,” Summer shrugged, twirling the straw in her drink, her eyes not meeting anyone’s, “A bad breakup,”

  “What happened?” Jake scrunched his eyebrows. Twirling straws suddenly became very interesting to Summer.

  “Well um,” She glanced upwards and found all eyes on her. She couldn’t back out now, “I know this is going to sound completely ironic but this guy, called Aaron, dated me at the start of summer and dumped me at the end of fall.”

  “Wow that is…” Cameron was the first to speak, “Really really ironic, Summer.”

  “He sounds like a douche,” Zach said bluntly. Summer couldn’t help but let a laugh escape from her lips.

  “He doesn’t deserve you at all,” Danielle said furiously.

  “Well, that’s all in the past now,” Summer smiled thankfully.

Later that night, they decided they wanted to watch a movie. And they settled on The Vow. The boys tried to push their luck for a horror movie but we all know that didn’t work.

  “I don’t care,” Havana said sternly, “We’re watching The Vow.”

  “But…but…this horror movie just came out!” Cameron argued.

  “Cammy!” Danielle looked at him sternly, “I’ll tell Mom you slept with Angie’s daughter! And you know how much Mom hates Angie!”

  “Alright, alright,” Cam surrendered, leaving 3 girls against 2. And it wasn’t hard to tell who won. Summer had laughed at Danielle and Cam’s bickering. They seemed like little kids.

Havana put the DVD in the DVD player and sat on the floor, where there were duvets, pillows and all sorts of things that made it comfortable. Summer sat on the sofa, next to Jake. Cam, Zach, Havana and Danielle preferred to sit on the floor, where it was comfy. Summer was aware that only she and Jake were on the sofa, right next to each other.

The movie started and all the girls watched the movie intently. Eventually, even the boys started to watch the movie with interest. But Summer felt her eyelids becoming heavier and heavier by the minute. She kept rubbing at her eyes. Jake noticed her discomfort.

  “Hey,” He said gently, huskily. He moved closer to her, “Are you tired?”

  Summer nodded meekly, a yawn escaping from her pink lips. Jake smiled and opened up his arms. She grinned at him, despite her sleepiness. She snuggled up into his chest and Jake took a blanket and placed it over her. He then put one arm around her waist.

Slowly, Summer’s eyelids fell shut and she was fast asleep by the time it was almost the end of the movie. Havana glanced at them, and then did a double take. Danielle was fast asleep on her brother’s shoulder. Danielle and Summer were the only ones fast asleep, but that didn’t mean the others weren’t tired either. A big fat smirk emerged on Havana’s face.

  “You look cute together,” Havana mouthed at Jake. Jake pursed his lips.

  “We are not together,” He mouthed back. Thank God for the darkness of the room, if not, Havana would’ve seen the slight blush that appeared on Jake’s cheeks, much to his annoyance.

  “Whatever you say,” Havana mouthed back with a sickly sweet innocent expression.

Jake’s gaze then travelled to the sleeping beauty cuddled up in his chest. She looked so peaceful, he thought. She took in slow deep breaths, her body rising and falling slowly. Her eyelashes were long and thick and her lips were pink and kissable. Wait, what? Jake shook the thoughts away. What was he thinking?

Summer was just his best friend. They were just a fake couple. Fake. The words echoed throughout Jake’s head like foreigners. He couldn’t be developing feelings for her, could he?

Little did he know, maybe, just maybe, Summer could just be feeling the exact same thing.

~*~

Hey there guys!

So we have new characters in this story :) Hope you like them! they're all of Jake's friends so they're pretty glamorous, I could say :p

Please comment! I love it when you guys have feedback!

Julia :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 463 42
You meet your new best friend Josh, and his annoying brother Jake. Constantly butting heads, you would have never given him a second glance. But, as...
65.2K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
776K 8K 46
Emily usually turns down dates with boys but now her friend Faye has made her promise that for the next 2 weeks she will go on a date with whoever as...
3.8K 256 45
Everything was perfect until... it wasn't. Winter has gone out of her way to make sure her family friends and school friends never met. Her friends s...