Experiment Zero

By dangeroustoken

There's more out there than you think. Ashley Cartwright works on a secluded island for her father as a... More

1. New Arrival
2. Confrontation
3. Into the Lion Den
4. Man Child
5. Patient Zero
6. Eat My Dust
7. Woah, Superman
8. Anger On A New Level
9. A Goodbye Gone Wrong
10. Sleepover
Character Interveiw
11. Midnight Scare
12. Queen Of Tasers
13. Caught Sylvia-Handed
14. I Hate Dresses
15. Crashing The Party
16. A Water Bottle, Anyone?
17. Explanations And Spilt Coffee
18. Fartherly Issues
19. Anger That's Not My Own
20. A Syringe Too Many
21. A Very Stupid Plan
5k Views!
22. A Hindrance And A Tragic Departure
23. A Strange Stranger
24. Sleeping Assassin
25. Sudden Escape
10k Views!!!!
Bonus Character Interview
26. The Wildside
27. Merchant Sons and Fainting
50k views!!!!!!!
28. Darklings, Death, and Drinks
29. Lager
30. Highclere, The Furnace House
31. Queen of Whips
32. A Dark Lightling
33. Dark Pasts and Zero's Confession
34. Interruptions and Staring Contests
35. Peter And The Big Reveal
36. The Big Reveal Continues....And Oh Yeah There's Peter
200k Views Lager's POV
37. And The Plot Developes
Halloween Bonus!
38. My Annoying Shadow
39. Let's Make A Trade
Christmas With A Cripple
Christmas Bonus
40. The Ultimate Showdown
41. The Core
42. A Resolution?
43. Goodbye For Now
Q And A
Bonus Character Interview 3
Epilogue/ Different Character P.O.V.
Sequel

Bonus Character Interview 2

20.2K 475 166
By dangeroustoken

"Hello! I'm back!" Dangeroustoken waves excitedly at the "camera". "It was such a hard decision to make on what to do for the bonus part, but I eventually decided on options 3 and a mix of 2 and 1 with the help of you guys! So first we have the character interview, in which I ask even more wacky questions to the characters, and then coming soon I have another character's p.o.v. chapter coming out. Before we begin the Interview, I would like to introduce you to my temporary camera man, Jack!"

The redhead steps out from behind camera and waves, flashing a dazzlingly smile and making Dangeroustoken fan her face jokingly.

"Now, if you don't remember Jack, he's from the beginning of the story. He was one of Ashley's friends who was hired to try and get Zero to adapt to their culture and language, not knowing that he already knew plenty of it. You may also recognize Jack and Ashley's friend Shy, but I couldn't bring her in today, she had seriously bad allergies. Now, I know you're wondering why Jack's my camera man instead of Peter, but that's because Peter one, betrayed Ashley, and two, is currently on a cruise ship right now sipping martini's and trying to forget his sad, puppy love crush who he betrayed and left on an island."

Jack goes back behind the camera after giving a thumbs up, positioning it on Dangeroustoken, who now has a tower of tissue boxes stacked besides her.

Dangeroustoken pats the tower, before looking at the camera. "Okay, I'm set. Let's bring in the first person. She kills people in her sleep, had her name once confused with banana, and may or may not be falling for an electric blue monkey, introducing......Becky!"

Becky, complete in her usual outfit of a t-shirt and jeans, storms  in looking increasingly grumpy with an electric blue scarf wrapped around her shoulders and neck. She plops down into the seat across  From Dangeroustoken, glowering.

"Becky! You've changed outfits since I last saw you at the Q and A. That looks like an....interesting scarf."

"It's not a scarf." She snarls, crossing her arms and glaring down at it.

Suddenly, there's a bright flash of light, blinding everyone in the room for a second.

"Aw, Banana! You blew my cover!"  A boy's voice whines playfully.

Dangeroustoken's face goes white, and she immediately twists in her seat to grab the camera from Jack and block it's view. 

"Don't look! Max, you better get some clothes on right this instant or I'm kicking you out of the interview!" Dangeroustoken warns.

There's a scuffling noise, and then Max calls out that it's fine to look. Relieved she gets out of the camera's way and turns to see Becky, looking horrified like she's seen a ghost, and Max lounging in a chair he pulled up, pants on but completely shirtless with one of his arms lazily wound around the back of Becky's chair.

"Becky, sweetie, what's wrong?" Dangerosutoken questions, looking concerned.

"I saw it." Becky whispers, and Dangerosutoken barely manages to catch the words.

"Saw what?"

"The weenie!" Becky snaps, face flushing a bright red as she turns away, covering her face in her hands.

Max bursts out laughing, and he realizes he made the mistake too late before Becky looks up, red with anger now instead of embarrassment and pushes him out of his chair. There's a thump as he lands harshly on the ground, whining as he rubs his backside.

"Hey! That hurt, woman!" He exclaims, getting up and seating himself carefully back down.

"Don't 'woman' me." Becky scowls, turning away from him and crossing her arms over her chest again with an angry huff.

"As much as I hate to disturb what's going on here, we really need to get started on this interview." Dangeroustoken says, glancing at a watch that doesn't exist on her wrist.

"Just go ahead and ask your stupid questions." Becky sighs, waving her hand in the air and still upset from her scuffle with Max.

"First question, this one for Becky. What are your thoughts on dating an animal?"

Max perks up, straightening in his seat and turning his body slightly towards hers, curiosity lighting up his eyes.

"Not interested." Becky says flatly, and Max's shoulders slump. "Next question."

"Okay then. This one is for both of you. Who in the cast of characters do you dis-like the most?"

"Sylvia." Becky says immediately, so Dangeroustoken turns to Max, awaiting his answer.

"Hmm, this is a hard one." Max muses, running  a hand through his mop of blonde curls while he thinks for a second. " I mean, I've only run into Sylvia and Mrs. Clark a few times, and they seem like wretched people, and then there's also Zero. He seemed pretty chill at first, but I don't know what to think about that man now. Based on what I've heard about her, I'll have to go with Mrs. Clark."

"Good choice." Dangeroustoken smiles, nodding. "Now this is a questions I'm asking all of our characters, and unfortunately the last one for you guys. I had more, but your little argument put us behind schedule, so I have to rush. What has been your favorite part out of the whole book?"

"Oh! I know!" Max suddenly says excitedly, raising his hand like a child in school. "It would have to be when the group first ran into me in the cave, and I was a wolf."

"Why is that your favorite part?"

"Because it's the first time I laid eyes on a certain someone who's stolen my heart ever since." He sighs happily, glancing over at Becky with new hope in his eyes, but she just scoffs and rolls her eyes. He looks away, frowning, and only then does she allow a small smile onto her face.

"My turn. My favorite part would have to be when I was able to finally hit that Lyncher, Zero, straight in the chest with one of my spheres." She says proudly, eyes gleaming with gleeful maliciousness, and making Dangeroustoken shiver.

"Okay, well that's all the questions I can afford with you two, but don't worry people, I promise you'll be seeing a lot more of this cute couple in the future."

"We are not a couple!" Becky grounds out through gritted teeth, while Max just flashes Dangeroustoken an impish smile with a thumbs-up.

"Yeah yeah, could you please tell the next character to head in here on your way out?" Dangeroustoken asks, looking down at her computer and typing a few things.

"Ugh." Becky groans, grabbing Max's wrist and dragging him out the door.

Dangeroustoken counts down the seconds before a new person appears.

"Zero, right on time." Dangeroustoken says cheerily, trying to make the tense situation light as he lumbers into the room and heavily sits his muscled frame down into the seat in front of her.

Zero grunts in greeting, and waits patiently.

Dangeroustoken clears her throat nervously, before beginning. "I know it must pain you to be here, when Ashley is in the nearby vicinity, but thanks for coming anyway. Now onto the first question. Everyone mostly hates your guts right now, how does that make you feel?"

Zero thinks for a moment, looking down at the ground for a second with his brows furrowing, before he looks up, silver eyes gleaming under the light in the room.

"I've never been good at explaining my emotions, only the Core knows how much I've screwed up many things in the past because of my inability to communicate with the people I care about and say the right things, but I'm going to try right now and say that I don't like it. I know what I did was bad, and that I probably deserve it, but it still hurts you know?"

Dangeroustoken nods understandingly, eyes softening with sympathy for the large man who acts like a big softie most times.

"Good answer." She says gently, before looking down and reading the next question. "What would your perfect vacation entail?"

"Truthfully?" He asks, and Dangeroustoken nods. "Ashley. Ashley and somewhere peaceful without any.....interruptions."

"You mean Lager?" Dangeroustoken smiles, and Zero nods, a growl rumbling in his chest. "Now I'm curious to see what your answer to  this was. What was your favorite scene from the book?"

Zero takes a moment to think, before suddenly a light bulb seems to go off.

"Although I was trapped, locked up, and tested on back in Braun labs, I still had Ashley all to myself, so I would have to say there, but then again, there was also that time she.....put her lips on mine...." A faint red creeps up his neck, "...but that was before everything went downhill. I doubt she will do it again" His shoulder slump.

"Hmm," Dangeroustoken says, studying him. "Well you never know."

Dangeroustoken motions to Jack who rushes forward and brings her a mug that has the words "You are dangerously close to being killed off in my novel" written on it. Inside the mug is lemonade which she sips like coffee, sighing in relief at her daily fix.

"This stuff is heaven-sent." She groans, and Zero looks at her in confusion, while she waves him off. "I'm done with your questions, now off with you."

He shakes his head, rolling his eyes, but gets up without a word and leaves. Dangeroustoken stares after him, a thoughtful look on her face.

"What are you scheming?"  Jack speaks up, and her eyes dart to his.

"You don't get to ask questions, Mister. Who's the next person I'm interviewing?"

Jack opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by a woman's soft voice.

"I'm here."

Dangeroustoken swivels in her chair to see Ashley approaching, sitting down across form her in the assigned seat and smiling softly.

"Ashley!" Dangeroustoken exclaims dramatically, setting down her cup  and smiling brightly.

"How are you, Dangeroustoken?" Ashley asks politely, her smile growing.

"Oh I am quite fine, thank you, but I will be better once we get this interview done and I can go to sleep." 

"I know the feeling." Ashley nods, yawning, which then makes Dangeroustoken yawn.

"Alright then, let's get this done. Your first question is this: What do you plan to do in Highclere while waiting for the sequel to begin?"

"I have a feeling Lager will keep me busy." Ashley laughs, shaking her head. "Although he may be busy with High Commander duties, so I thought I might get to know his sibling, Kay I believe her name was, better. She seems like a really sweet girl."

"That's very nice." Dangeroustoken smiles. "Next question: What easy thing do you most often screw up?"

"I know the answer to that." She pipes up, looking slightly embarrassed. "Talking. I never say the things I really want to say, and always end up saying the wrong thing instead. I guess you could say this is something Zero and I can connect over."

"I recall Zero saying something like that just a few moments ago." Dangeroustoken nods, and Ashley's eyes dart around like she might find his still lurking in the room. "He's gone now though." She continues softly, and Ashley's shoulders slump slightly.

"Onto the next question, what are your favorite things about Zero and Lager?"

Ashley shifts nervously, biting her lip. "Your'e not making the questions easy for me, are you?" She laughs awkwardly, before clearing her throat. " I would have to say I really like the nickname Zero calls me, Ashie. It's adorable, and although Zero looks like a huge beast that could crush you in your sleep, sometimes the only word I find in my head that I can use to describe him is 'cute'. "

"And Lager?" Dangeroustoken prods.

"Lager is something else." Ashley chuckles, shaking her head fondly. "He acts all dark and mysterious one minute, but then soft and sweet the next. Oh gosh this is sounding so cliche too, but I don't know how else to describe him. No matter how much of a bad mood I am in, he always lifts my spirits, not matter what. His smirk is infuriating, yet so endearing, and he thinks it's the most hilarious thing in the world to tease me, that jerk."  Ashley's smile grows the more she talks, her eyes staring off into the distance as if recalling moments.

"You seem to have a lot to say about Lager." Dangeroutoken muses, and Ashley flushes red, scowling.

"Yeah well....whatever." Is all she can respond with.

"Now I've asked this to all the characters I've interviewed so far, but would like to know your choice.What is your favorite part from this book?"

"Ugh, that's another hard one." Ashley groans, squeezing her eyes shut before opening them and blinking. "I would have to say my whole time on Dalton has been one huge adventure, although there are a majority of parts I would like to leave out, like my father's kidnapping and Zero's betrayal...oh yeah don't forget the part where we were chased by a Lyncher, that was terrifying. Still I managed to make new friends, see new things I never thought I would, and also have the best time of my life. This whole book has been a roller coaster, and I usually don't like to ride them, but riding this one was worth it."

"Wow that was poetic." Dangeroustoken says in awe, shaking her head. "Now let's leave this conversation at that on a good note. Jack will show you out and you two can catch up while I interview this last person."

Ashley's eyes light up and she stands, smiling at Jack and walking off while talking animatedly about all that's happened to her while Jack laughs along at the right moments and listens carefully. 

The door shuts behind them and Dangeroustoken lets out a sigh of relief, banging her head against the desk as she lays it on the cool surface.

"Tired?" An amused, deep voice chuckles, and Dangeroustoken lazily lifts her head up, resting her chin on the table to stare at the Darkling High Commander who lounges in not the chair that everyone has been using so far, but a black cushioned, comfortable looking couch that he must have conjured.

"You've been in here for all of Ashley's interview, haven't you?" Dangeroustoken asks flatly, straightening in her seat.

Lager nods, a small smile growing on his face. "You are correct."

"I suspected as much." Dangeroustoken sighs, and then shuffles her papers. "Let's get this last interview over with so I can go to sleep."

"We will, but first I just have to gloat about the fact that Ashley said more about her likes for me than Zero. This is the happiest I've felt in a long time."  He says dreamily, golden eyes softening like they never have before.

Dangeroustoken rolls her eyes, too tired for his love-sick rants.

  "Just remember Lager that the tides can turn very quickly." Dangeroustoken warns, and Lager's eyes flash, a snarl rumbling from his chest.

"You wouldn't dare."

"What I do and don't dare is not up to you." Dangeroustoken snaps.

Lager frowns, shifting in his seat and leaning closer.

"What's wrong, Dangeroustoken? You usually like me and enjoy my semantics." 

"Sorry." She says, guilt flooding her. "It's New Years and I usually never stay up late. This is new to me."

Lager laughs, shaking his head. "Hang in there. I'll help you out and answer all your questions as efficiently as I can."

Dangeroustoken brightens up, straightening her back and shuffling her papers into order.

"Great! Now for the first question!  This one is a favorite and many people are dying to know. How deeply do your feelings run for Ashley?"

"Very deeply." Lager says softly, one of his hands rising up, as if to touch his chest, but then pausing and lowering.

"Hmm, short answer, but I'll take it. Here's a fun, easy question. What would you name your boat if you had one?"

Lager scoffs, rolling his eyes and relaxing back into his chair. "Please, I have a whole fleet of boats, able to be conjured at my will. Although I have not named any of them. If I were to name my own personal ship, I would have to go with 'The Almighty Darkling'."

"Wow, you don't sound vain at all." Dangeroustoken says sarcastically, and Lager sticks his tongue out at her in a totally non-threatening way. "Okay, next question, Which of the characters from the cast are your favorite and least favorite?"

"Well one of my favorites is obviously Ashley," He replies unabashedly. "And then I also think of Becky as family. She seems to like the monkey-boy so I put up with him. My least favorites would have to be Sylvia and Zero, for obvious reasons. Sylvia's brat and Zero is an idiot."

"Doesn't Sylvia obey your every command and praise the very ground you walk on?"

"She still acts wretched to Ashley and Becky, and that is not okay."

"Good enough answer. Who is End to you?"

"A very good acquaintance." He says smoothly with a straight face.

"Now for your last question, one I have asked everyone on the cast so far. What is your favorite part from the book?"

"It would have to be the walk through the orchards with Ashley." He says, getting that far-away look in his eyes again and making Dangeroustoken groan.

"You know you make single people who are probably reading this right now want to barf with all your lovey-dovey talk, right?"

Lager actually looks offended, and Dangeroustoken rubs her head. "Sorry, again."

"No, you are right. I just wish that I didn't have to talk so much about what I wish would happen, and that it would actually happen. I guess it's too early to hope for that much, is it?" He asks, sadly, and Dangeroustoken sits there, not knowing what to say.

For a minute they both sit there, contemplating their lives, before Lager stand stretching.

"Well thank you for the lovely evening, but I need to get back to Highclere and make sure Ashley is sleeping  alright. Ever since her father left she's been having fitful nights."

"And how would you know this? Do you pull an Edward Cullen and watch her in her sleep?" Dangeroustoken teases, some of her humor returning.

"Maybe," He smirks right back, winking, before melting into shadows and dissapearing.

Dangeroustoken sighs when he's gone, leaving her in the room by herself.  She goes back on her laptop which had shut off while she was talking to Lager and starts to type the ending to the interview.

Dear readers, I'm really sorry for the terrible ending of this character interview. I really wanted the whole thing to be filled with humor, but as you read I'm terrible at staying up late (I need my beauty sleep) and also I found out that even though part of the reason I needed a whole box of tissues was because of all of your sweet comments that brought me to tears, the other part is that I have a cold and during these dark times tissues are my only savior. I hope your New Year is fantastic, and I look forward to responding to your comments on this very chapter next year! XD lol. Vote, comment, and tell the classic 'I haven't taken a shower since last year' joke tomorrow. Lots of love,

Dangeroustoken.

P.S.  I will also have another bonus chapter out soon and this one will be a mix between options two and three. It's interesting, so I hope you'll like it when I get around to writing and publishing it. In the meantime, I'll just bury myself alive with tissues and hoep to not die, although that's a little too dramatic. XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.8K 48
Sarah wants to save Jake. The admiral wants the power she possesses... Sarah Lawson was enslaved by the government because she's immortal. Put to wo...
134K 5.2K 34
Kidnapped by members of Mercile Industries, the pharmaceutical company that was shut down six years ago for their illegal experiments on New Species...
28 5 10
In the year 2150, emotions are a forgotten language. Feelings, outlawed. Humanity, reduced to an unfeeling, cold existence under the iron rule of The...
412K 21.3K 28
Laura had always known her parents were strange. They had a laboratory filled with strange animals, serums, experiments. But she never imagined that...