The Fire Angel (ATLA Fanfic)

By Darkninja7

Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were fi... More

Book 1 - The Beginning
Training 101
Following Orders
Grandpa Ping
Friendship
Visited By Royalty
The Prince and Angel
Goodbye or See you Later?
You've still got a friend in me!
General for the Crew?
Patience
Shadow Snake
Packing up!
The Open Ocean
Beneath the Scars
Time, friend or foe?
Lillian AN
Shattered Glass
Nenrei
Sibling Salute!
The Thorn in my side
The Avatar
The Harbor
Island of Kyoshi
Blast from the Past.
Choices
The Necklace
Winter Solstice Part 1
The Winter Solstice Part 2
The Scroll
Crystal Nightmare Part 1
Crystal Nightmare Part 2
The Storm
The Blue Spirit
Why Me?
Lillian Alone
Confessions
The Siege of the North
Book 2
The Path of three flames
Royal Pain
Iroh & Lilly's Journey
The Chase
Bitter Work
The Desert
New Beginning
The Freedom Fighter's
Walls, Walls and Tea!
The tales of Lillian in Ba sing Sai
Authors Note
Lake Laogai Part 1
Lake Laogai Part 2
Healing
The Earth King
The Jasmine Dragon
Author Note
The Crossroads of Destiny
Book 3 - Operation "Extinguish Fire"
The Awakening
Arty stuff
The Headband
Trapped
Memories
The Beach Part 1
The Beach - Part 2
I Got Tagged
Lillian's healing.
Rise again
Nightmares & Daydreams
Day of Black sun: Part 1: The Invasion Part 1
Day of black sun: Part 1 The Invasion Part 2
The day of black sun Part 2: The eclipse.
A Crazy Escape
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Master's Part 1
The Firebending Master's Part 2
The Boiling Rock: Part 1
The Boiling Rock: Part 2
Manly Arts... (Special chapter)
The Southern Raiders
Why didn't We Listen?
The Sky Temple Part 1: You're Dead!
The Sky Temple: Part 2 What you didn't know
Hidden in Plain Sight
The Ember Island Players
Sozin's comet Part 1
Sozins comet Part 2
Sozin's comet Part 3
The Prophecy (Teaser for Part 4)
Sozin's Comet Part 4
Dying in Agony
Rebirth
A Time for Peace
Priority
The Sequel is OUT

Finale

1.8K 28 16
By Darkninja7

A/N Please note that this chapter has spoilers from the after story comics.

The gang sat together in the jasmine dragon. Sokka sat at the end of the room painting as the others relaxed. Lillian sat beside Iroh and admired him as he played the tsungi horn. Katara and Suki were playing pai sho. Aang fed momo and Kasai litchi nuts and Toph laid back with her legs up. Lillian smiled when Zuko placed down their tea and helped him hand out to all their friends. "Zuko, Lillian! Stop moving! I'm trying to capture the moment." Sokka said dramatically gaining everyone's attention, "Aww that's so sweet of you Sokka, wait a minute, why do I have momo's ears?" Katara gasped. Lillian raised a brow, "Those are your hair loopies." Lillian giggled but choked when she noticed Sokka had given her lightning bolts as wings, "What are those?" Lillian growled, "It's your flaming wings of death." Sokka gestured, "Well at least you don't look like a porcupine!" Zuko complained, "Well, I think you all look great!" Toph exclaimed. The whole room erupted with laughter, "Sure pebble, thanks for that." Lillian ruffled Toph's hair, "Hey!"

Zuko's eyes fell soft as he met Lillian's relaxed crimson eyes. Lillian winked at him before walking over to the kitchen, "Hey Zuko! Can we have some more tea?" Sokka called, "I've got it!" Lillian said slipping behind the counter to the back, "I'll help!!" Zuko rushed quickly. Iroh shook his head, "The tea may be a while..." Iroh smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian stood on her toes as she reached for the jasmine leaves. Zuko wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest, "Zuko!" Lillian giggled. Zuko rested his chin on Lillian's shoulder and flutter kissed up towards her ear, "Glad we can finally be alone." Zuko growled. Lillian rolled her eyes, "We were alone this morning when you rushed out late for your meeting with Captain Lee." Lillian smirked. Zuko snuggled into her long hair, "mmm, but your leaving for the temple tomorrow." Zuko spun Lillian around to face him, "Who knows when we'll see each other again." Zuko's voice softened. Lillian became silent, "But, I'm sure I'll see you for your birthday." Zuko added, "It's a date. Are you sure you want to come to the temple? I mean I could- hmmf!" Zuko silence Lillian with a hungry kiss, "I am coming to the temple, besides, I haven't been to a prober ball since I was 10, so it may be enjoyable." Lillian nodded, "and you can bet you're wings on the fact that we will all be there too!" Sokka burst through the door, "Yeah, I want to dress up and attend a ball too!" Suki cheered, "Guys! C'mon, the fireworks are going to start soon!" Shane called from the shops entrance. Aang ran outside, "What better way to see fireworks than in the sky?!" Aang hopped onto Appa, "Uh... no thanks..." The three tenshi's cowered back into the shop. Zuko gave Lillian stern look, "Um, flying and fire doesn't go well together." Lillian said, "Don't care, your coming!" Zuko grabbed Lillian at her waist and Toph bent them onto Appa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was lit with the flames from the fireworks, "wow, it's beautiful..." Lillian sighed as she leaned against Zuko, "Yes, you are." Whispered Zuko pulling Lillian closer, "What's wrong?" Lillian noticed that Zuko was off but she didn't want to pry knowing that he would come to her if something was bothering him, "I, uhm... I need to speak with Aang..." Lillian was worried, whatever Zuko needed to discuss with Aang was bothering him.

"Aang... I need to ask you a favour." Zuko shifted away from Lillian, "Anything Zuko!" Aang smiled as still watched the display, "I went to see my father in prison..." Lillian's eyes widened, "What? When!" Lillian gasped, "If anything happens... and you see me becoming my father, I want you to end me..." Zuko said sternly. Aang gulped and looked over to Lillian pleading for help, but she was just as shocked as he was, "Zuko, you are not Ozai..." Aang began, "I know, but his blood runs through my veins, I need to know that if ever anything happens to me that there will be a safety net to carry out the actions to heal this world. I need you to be that safety net." Zuko's eyes gleamed, "I uh..." Aang looked over to Katara who nodded, "Yes, I promise." Aang whispered. Lillian placed her hand on Zuko's, "I'll be there too... No matter what" Lillian whispered placing a sweet kiss on Zuko's lips. Zuko blushed slightly, "Thank you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you don't want to spend the night? You're room is exactly as you left it." Iroh pleaded. Lillian pleaded to Zuko, "Please my love," Zuko rolled his eyes, "Lillian, we have to go." Zuko growled and winked, "oh..." Lillian's face flushed, "Well, bye Uncle! I'll see you in a few weeks!" Lillian called pulling Zuko aside. Small white flames escaped at Lillian's feet as she released her wings, "You seem to be enjoying the flying more." Lillian whispered as Zuko took her waist and she pulled him close, "j-just... don't drop me." Zuko pleaded. Lillian rolled her eyes, "Wouldn't dream of it". Iroh waved as the couple flew off towards the fire nation capital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian sat at her dresser and brushed her long blonde hair, Zuko leaned against the door way admiring Lillian, "What are you looking at?" Lillian hummed as she braided her hair, "Just thinking about how empty its going to be here without you." Zuko sighed, Lillian stood and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Don't worry, time will pass by faster than we think." Lillian placed a longing kiss on his lips, "I'm closer than you think." Lillian winked, Zuko pulled Lillian close and placed his forehead against hers, "I know.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian laid peacefully in Zuko's arms as the cool night breeze crept into the room. Zuko's breathing was soft and relaxed allowing Lillian to admire his still face. Placing her hand gently on his scar and moving a few strands of hair. Lillian snuggled closer and smiled at the thought of this being the rest of her life, she didn't mind it....

Lillian felt a sudden chill run down her spine.... Something wasn't right.... Without a second thought, Lillian released her wings and shielded Zuko from a painful attack, "DOWN WITH THE FIRE LORD!" chanted the group of attackers, "Lillian!" Zuko gasped.

Lillian spun her wings out and shot the blades back at their attackers, "KASAI!" Lillian Yelled, "DOWN WITH THE FIRE DEMON!" Yelled another attacker as he tried to attack Lillian, "Well that's just mean!" Lillian growled as she blocked the attack and shoved him against the wall. Zuko blocked the flames and stood back to back with Lillian, "How did they get in?" Zuko hissed disappointed, "I don't care! But they wont leave unscathed!" Lillian placed her fingers at her mouth and whistled, "What are you doing?!" Zuko ducked as kick swung his way, "Feeding my pets!" Lillian growled back as she knocked over three men. The room fell silent as the men stared at one another as a loud thundering noise filled the room, "I'd run if I were you, he likes to play!" Lillian grinned. Kasai burst through the doors baring his fangs and hunger slobber, "Kasai, Kogeki!" Lillian ordered. Kasai suddenly unleashed hell and began clawing at the intruders, "I can make him stop if you surrender!" Lillian called out with a psycho smile, "That's so hot..." Zuko mumbled causing Lillian to blush.

"WE SURRENDER!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care that they are locked up! How did they get into the palace?!" Zuko yelled at his soldiers, "My lord, they drugged our eel hounds and snuck up on our men!" Defended the head guard, "I don't care what they-" Zuko felt a hand on his shoulder, "Zuko, calm down, Lets talk about this." Lillian said softly, "Thank you Sargent for your help, I shall come to call on you once I have spoken to the Firelord to take further actions and precautions." Lillian stated calmly, "Of course general Lillian." The man bowed and made his way out. Zuko was furious, how could they have gotten in? They could have hurt Lillian, or worse, "My love, you need to remember to have a level head." Lillian stated calmly but Zuko kept pacing around in the throne room. "A level head??? There was an attempt on my life, what if they succeded and got us?" Zuko growled. Lillian rolled her eyes, "but they failed and I doubt they'll bump their head on the same pillar twice." Lillian giggled. Zuko blew steam from his nose, "how you find this funny is beyond me...." Zuko rolled his eyes.

Lillian walked towards the large window that allowed the bright light from the sunrise to fill the room, "Its so beautiful,  I'm going to miss this place." Lillian crossed her arms over her chest, Zuko stood beside her with a sad expression,  "You will be back before you know it..." Zuko whispered. Lillian closed her eyes and smiled, "I know, this is home, and home is where my heart is."Lillian whispered.
"We have a long road ahead of us. Aang and I will be meeting with the earth king about the firenation colonies and Sokka and Katara will be helping on behalf of the watertribe. Toph, I don't know about her, she said somethig about staying around, but I know that we will all be seeing you soon, I mean we can't miss your ball?" Zuko gave Lillian a reassuring smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gang stood in the garden near the turtleduck pond waiting to greet their friend. Lillian stood in Katara's embrace as the younger girl crushed her with a long farewell hug, "You'll write to us?" Katara asked as she wiped some small tears away, "of course! Every week!" Lillian giggled, "Well if we still had Hawky then we could save money but Nooooo Katara gave him away!" Sokka whined, "I'm sure that Zuko will let you have one of his war hawks Sokka." Lillian stated nervously. Toph was next to tackle Lillian,  "Don't leave me with these people! Take me with you!" Lillian giggles while ruffling Toph's hair, "I wish I could but I need to do this." Lillian felt her eyes sting knowing that she would be leaving her new family behind, "I'll see you guys soon?" Lillian pouted at Aang and Sokka who grinned, "Are you kidding? We won't miss a fancy ball for anything in this world!?" Sokka cheered along with Suki who nodded reassuring Lillian even more.

The gang stood together watching Lillian, "A new adventure starts with a single breath... something my mom always used to say." Lillian smiled. Zuko stared at the ground until Lillian stood before him with a sly smirk, "what are you looking at?" Zuko backed up slightly only to be pulled forward harshly by Lillian, "Get over here and kiss me dammit!" Lillian hissed causing Zuko to grin, "of course Princess!" Zuko circles his arms around Lillian's waist and placed a sweet but hungry kiss on her lips, "eeeeuw!!! Ooogy!!!" Sokka creeped away but smiled at his friends. Lillian pulled back and placed her hand on Zuko's scar, "See you soon my love" Zuko too Lillian's hand and kissed her palm, "I'll write to you." Lillian nodded as tears began to streak her face, "don't forget me" Lillian whispered.

"Never" Zuko stood beside his friends as the smiled up at Lillian, "We'll see you soon"

Lillian turned her head to the sky and allowed the white flames to creep up along her body, her wings shot out and encased her body. Lillian took a deep breath before she ascended into the sky. Momo flew up beside her and soon enough so did Appa. Lillian smiled at the the animals before looping around and taking off to the sky temple.
" I promise, I will return and not only belong to the sky temple. I'll belong to the fire nation too, I'll become... The Fire Angel"

————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys

Wow I am finally done with the fire angel. I'm sure it's been like almost 3 years I've been busy?

I'm sorry that I've taken so long to update, I've been touring New Zealand since the middle of Jan and haven't had time to sit down and write until now.

I just want to say thank you all for your support, the funny and amazing comments and the votes.

Please remember to follow me so that when I publish the sequel you will get notified.

I need to go back on this story and make sure I don't leave any details out for the sequel.

Thank you for everything!

Lots of love Dark ninja !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 89 10
If there was ever to be one thing that were true, it would be that Umeko was not meant to exist. Umeko was an Air-Bender, born a century after the ex...
647K 19.9K 52
Kai is a disgraced outcast from the Earth Kingdom. Scarred and banished as a child when she wasn't ready to complete the mission that she was born an...
958 49 8
Water Earth Fire Air My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes...
755K 19.2K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...