MCSM One Shots (2018-2019)

By FanfictionalWarrior

Check out my newest one shot book for more recently written one shots! A bunch of short stories based on the... More

Information Before Starting the Book
No Regrets
Invisible
Nothing
The Road to Redemption
Irreplaceable
Fallen Hero
By Your Side
She Who Fears None (Extract)
The Truth Hurts
Adventure
Sweet Chaos
Weakness
A Test of Trust
Never Leaving You Again
Suffering
Painful Sacrifice
Bacon Ban
When One Story Ends, Another One Begins
The Blind Date
Awkward Introductions
"It'll Be OK"
Cliffhanger
Friends First
New Addiction
Promise
Loyal Companion
Intruder
Painful Reminder
Hero
Furious
Catastrophe
Under a Starry Sky
The Admin's Curse
Powerful
Together
A Friendship's Beginning
Fear
2 AM Isn't Get-Up-and-Go Time
4 AM Isn't Get-Up-and-Go Time Either
A Truthful Christmas Eve
Attacked on Christmas Day
Game of Life
A Birthday to Remember
Lending a Paw
Reassurance
A New Face
Tiny Friend
Between Two Friends
At War
New Friends
Golden Glow

Another Holiday Come and Gone

444 18 21
By FanfictionalWarrior

Lukas sighed as he sunk down into an arm chair, resting his chin in his hand. He twisted his wrist slightly, tired blue eyes glancing down to check the time.

00:30 AM

Lukas sighed, pulling a hand through his blonde hair. Past midnight, it wasn't even Christmas any more – but they were still going.

Hearing another excited, drunken cheer, Lukas glanced up again.

He could just about spot the familiar leather jacket and mob of brown hair from Aiden, among the crowds of people. At that moment, Lukas really really felt like giving his friend a well deserved slap through the face.

It felt like the other three ocelots took ever single opportunity that presented itself, to throw large, crazy parties that tended to get completely out of hand. It always meant a night where Lukas would mostly hang around at the back, watching as everybody around him steadily became more drunk and more illogical by the minute.

Lukas couldn't remember the last Christmas he was actually able to spend by a gentle fireplace, quietly reading a good book.

Sighing, the blonde checked his watch again, internally groaning at the fact that five minutes hadn't even passed. How much longer was the party meant to go on for? He just wanted to go to sleep.

On the bright side, he'd have most of the next day to himself while Aiden, Maya and Gill were passed out drunk all around the house.

Lukas sighed once again, sinking down in the chair. He'd do anything for some peace and quiet at that moment... maybe he should go for a walk outside?

Not needing to think about it twice, Lukas got up from the chair. He quietly slipped past the drunken crowds, avoiding his three friends as much as possible.

Grabbing a thick hoodie from beside the door, Lukas pulled it over his black leather jacket for some extra warmth, before stepping out into the cold night air. He inhaled slowly, relishing in the sudden peace and silence.

It was rather peaceful outside. The snow that had been falling earlier had settled, leaving the dark blue sky clear and a fresh coating of icy white powder draped over the landscape.

Lukas shoved his hands into his pockets and began walking down the deserted street. Christmas lights flickered on some of the houses he passed, a Christmas carol playing softly somewhere in the distance.

He looked down at the ground in front of him, his shoulders slumping slightly. Christmas, a holiday he used to loved. Every year he'd look forward to it, counting the days that lead up to Christmas.

But the last few years simply hadn't been the same. Ever since the other ocelots decided there was a better way to spend Christmas than opening presents and drinking eggnog, the holiday had really lost its touch for Lukas. The large parties just weren't his thing.

Lukas stopped, his eyes resting on the dark woods. As long as he stuck close to town, there shouldn't be any monsters. So, letting his thoughts continue to wander, Lukas walked out into snowing forest.

Somewhere an owl was letting out the occasional hoot, the trees rustling in the gentle breeze. Pogonip glinted in the moonlight.

Lukas loved how peaceful winter nights were. The others were always just complaining that it was cold, snow was annoying to shovel, they hated wearing heavy warm clothing. What happened to spending cold days in front of a fire or building snowmen? Was it that hard to look at the positive side of things.

Lukas stopped, a smile finding its way onto his lips at the sight of the frozen creek in front of him. Exactly the place he had been looking for.

The creek was one of Lukas's favourite places to visit, in both summer and winter. Something about it was so peaceful and calm. Even though the town was just on the other wise of the trees, the area felt like it was miles away from any civilisation.

Lukas closed his eyes, breathing in the icy air. The peacefulness was very quickly interrupted however, by the sound of a twig cracking beneath a person or animal's weight.

Lukas turned around on the spot, his eye searching the darkness for the intruder. He froze to the spot, hearing a bowstring being pulled back. His heart was beating crazily in his chest as he slowly turned his head in the direction the sound had come from.

Standing in between the trees in the dark, was a person. They were completely blanketed in the shadows, their appearance hidden. Lukas could barely make out their eyes shining in the dark.

"Oh." The person breathed, sounding almost relieved when Lukas looked at them. "It's just you."

They lowed the power, resting it over there shoulder while remaining in the dark. "I'm sorry Lukas, at first glance I thought you were a monster." They – who Lukas had concluded to be female by then – let out a slight chuckle at the end of their sentence. "Petra just taught me to shoot a bow a few days ago, guess I'm a little eager to use it."

Lukas gave a hesitant nod, slightly uncomfortable with the fact that this person was acting so casually. "Uh, who are you?" He asked.

The person was quiet for a second before their shadow moved as they seemed to place their hands on their hips. "Oh I see how it is, you think you're so much better than we are, you can't even make an effort to remember my name." Despite the shadows on her face, Lukas could make out a visible scowl.

He shook his head, holding up his hand and beckoning for them to come closer. "Just, step into the light."

The person's anger quickly melted away as they realised that Lukas could in fact not see them from where he was standing. Silently doing as he asked and taking a step forward.

"Jesse?" Lukas asked in surprise, recognising the two shining brown eyes and slightly wild mob of dark chestnut hair. Despite the strange hour of night it was to be out in the woods, her expression seemed to be full of life.

"What are you doing out here?" Lukas asked her.

"I could ask you the same thing." Jesse said with a shrug, taking another step closer so she was standing beside Lukas. She looked up at him, her gaze still somewhat hostile. "Are you the only one out here, or are your buddies around as well?"

"Just me." Lukas responded, Jesse's form visibly relaxing.

"Good." She responded. "You're tolerable, at least."

Lukas had to refrain from chuckling at her words. He didn't really blame her for what she said, considering the other three members of his team had a habit of treating Jesse and her friends like crap.

"Are you out here alone?" Lukas asked her after a moment of silence. "Where's Axel and Olivia? And that little pig of yours?"

"Reuben." Jesse quickly responded. "They're back at the tree house."

Lukas nodded thoughtfully, turning his gaze back to the creek. It was silent between the two of them again. Although his curiosity was starting to overcome him, so he soon turned his head to face Jesse again.

"Why are you here alone? Did something happen between the three of you?"

Jesse frowned slightly, glancing over at him. "What? No nothing happened." She almost sounded offended. "I just like to come here, I don't need to have fought with my friends to leave the house." Rolling her eyes, she turned to face forwards again.

Lukas nodded slowly, turning to face forwards again.

"Since your so curious about my motives for taking a midnight stroll, what brought you out here?" Jesse asked, not turning to face Lukas as she spoke. "Did one of the other ocelots draw their claws?"

Lukas chuckled at Jesse's choice of words, causing her to crack a smile as well.

"We didn't fight." He finally said, leaning back against a tree. "We just prefer to spend Christmas very... differently."

"Oh?" Jesse asked curiously, giving Lukas an expectant look.

While Lukas normally wouldn't tell these sort of things to somebody who was technically meant to be one of his rivals, something made him want to talk to Jesse. Tell her about his frustrations, and how he wished he could spend the holiday differently. It felt good to talk to somebody about it.

"Dang." Jesse mumbled, leaning with her shoulder against another tee. There was a frown resting on her face. "That's sucky."

"Yup." Lukas just responded softly, keeping his gaze locked on the creek.

"Why don't you talk to them?" Jesse asked him, cocking her head to the side. "Axel, Olivia and I don't always see eye to eye either, in fact our opinions differ quite a lot. But we also find a way through a disagreement, together."

"I wish it was that easy." Lukas responded with a sigh. "But it's easier for me to really just... shut up."

Jesse snorted, causing Lukas to glance over at her. "If you feel like you have to shut up, and not be truthful with your friends, how can you call them your friends?" She asked him.

Lukas didn't respond, turning back to the creek again.

"Look, it's not my business." Jesse said, her voice softening. "But friendship isn't something you should take this lightly. Don't let the the other three use you, Lukas."

It was quiet between the two of them again. It was on the tip of Lukas's tongue to tell Jesse to bug off and mind her own business. But he stopped himself, realising the only reason her words bothered him, was because they were true.

Jesse, Axel and Olivia looked like a bunch of misfits, never seeming to know on which path they were heading. But Lukas was starting to realise that the small dysfunctional group had a bond he would probably never have with his own friends.

"Thanks." He said after a few more minutes of silence, not looking over at Jesse.

"The ocelot thanking the loser, never thought this day would come." Jesse responded, causing Lukas to laugh again.

He glanced in Jesse's direction, seeing her smile back at him. The hostility in her eyes from earlier, long gone. It was almost strange... she really was a different person, when Aiden's shadow wasn't cast over her.

"I should head back." Jesse finally said with a sigh, pushing herself off the tree she was leaning on. "Especially Olivia gets worried if I disappear for long periods of time."

Picking up her bow, Jesse began turning away. But then she looked back over at Lukas and smiled.

"You're not so bad, you know that?" She said softly. "You're a good guy, just... hanging out with the wrong people."

Jesse's words came as such a surprise to Lukas, he didn't really know how to respond. Seemingly to realise he wasn't going to give a reply, Jesse's shoulders sagged a little. But she still smiled.

"See you 'round, Lukas."

With those words, Jesse walked off into the distance, her shape soon disappearing into the trees. For a short while, Lukas just stared in the direction Jesse had headed off to, his head buzzing with her words.

Then he just sighed, turning back in the direction of town. What did it even matter? By the time they saw each other again, their teams will have gone back to simply being rivals and she'll just be looking at him with disgust in her eyes again.

But as Lukas began to walk back home, Jesse's words and advice still stayed with him.

___

I was starting to slightly run out of festive ideas here, so I figured we'd go deep again XD
I've had this idea for a while, so I decided to convert it into the final Christmas one shot. Not what I originally planned on going for, but I like it!

I am sadly all dried up with holiday inspiration now, but ideas for the non-christmassy stuff is still booming! So it shouldn't be too long until you have another one shot to read!

For now though, time for me to heavily focus on Fallen and Final days again xD

I hope you all enjoyed this little holiday one shot spam! And I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 517 32
This is a challenge I will be doing, starting the 1st of July. I have to write a MCSM Oneshot every day, using generated prompt of that day. Feel fre...
177K 3.9K 37
[This book is old and i mean old. I haven't thought of updating it at all. But I've decided to publicise it again just for the memories :) ] I Kin To...
29.1K 259 34
This is Book 2 of MCSM Lemons since the first one got full! WARNING: Contains sexuality. If you are easily offended by any sexuality then DO NOT READ!
1.5K 47 11
(Description in progress..) ⚠️VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS!!!⚠️ ‼️If you have read this, or any other of my books for that matter on Teenfic.net...