Ghosts

By Think_Dream_Inspire

Marney Ables has a secret. You know how some people may have an STD or are secretly adopted? Something NORMA... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
A/N
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 Part 1
**CONTEST!!**
Chapter 39 Part 2
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 Part 1
Chapter 44 Part 2
Guess Who's Back?!
MAJOR APOLOGIES!!!

Chapter 34

533 30 5
By Think_Dream_Inspire

I automatically freeze as I see him standing at the door with my mother and Tori who's in a wheelchair.

What is he doing here?

"Hey, Mar." Max smiles.

"What the hell are you doing here, Max? I think you should go." I snap.

My mom gives me a look. "He just wants to talk to you, Marney. Give him a chance."

Since when is mom on his side?

Max awkwardly clears his throat. "Could we talk somewhere in private."

"Not with you." I say.

"Marney Tessa Ables!" My mom yells.

Tori laughs. Oh, the side effects of drugs. She stumbles over to the couch and flops down. "Marney's in trouble." She laughs.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. What a great time for you to show up." I say and lead him to the back yard.

"I wanted to talk to you." He says, his eyes staring into mine.

"About what exactly?" I sigh. "I'm kind of busy with my sister's problems than I am with you."

"God, why are you so rude all of a sudden? You were calling me a couple times after the situation and now you're being a bitch to me." Max says.

"A bitch? You just called me a bitch?" I ask. I clench my fists.

I thank god that we're outside and not inside. My brothers would be going crazy with what's going on.

"That's what you're acting like." Max says simply, and shrugs.

What the hell? "First, you come to my house for something that you have yet to bring up, next you call me a bitch?!"

He shrugs. "I'm being honest."

That's it. I take my hand back and get ready to smack him, but when it's just inches from his face, he catches my hand and pulls it away. He holds it firmly in his hand, not letting go, even though I'm pulling, trying to get my hand out of his. I grab his hand with my other hand and try to make him let go. "Let go of my hand!" I yell. He grabs my other hand and pulls me towards him.

Next thing I know, he's kissing me. I let him kiss me, until I realize it's not Luke and quickly turn my face away from him. He continues to kiss my cheek, lightly. I try to pull my arms free and kick him when pulling doesn't seem to work.

"I said let go!" I yell as he stumbles to the ground, letting my hands go. I scoff, "You're just a pig. You're just looking for girls to play with. You want to make them love you, fall for you, and then once they realize what you're trying to do, you're forcing stuff on them. What type of guy does that? How did I get myself into this mess with you? How was I stupid enough to not realize it right away?" I start to break down in tears. He just watches me from the ground. "You don't even care what I'm going through at the moment. I can't believe you!" I scream. "Leave me alone. I hope you someday realize how disgusting and cruel you always have been with me and how you played me."

I turn away from him, not letting him see me cry any longer and then run inside, making sure not to slip on ice on my porch.

I hate Max. He can die for all I care. As long as I don't have to see his ghost.

~

"I'm gonna kill him." Luke announces.

"No." I say flatly. Luke has me in his arms as we sit on his bed.

"Well, he shouldn't have kissed you. Does he not realize how wrong on so many levels that is?" Luke almost yells.

"Of course he doesn't realize. Or, at least, he doesn't care. He's heartless." I sigh into Luke's chest.

I listen to Luke's steady heart beat, which surprisingly calms me down.

"You know I'd never do that to you, right?" Luke asks after a couple moments of silence.

I nod. "Of course."

He strokes my hair and kisses the top of my head. "Good."

"Let's do something." I say after another couple minutes of silence. I pull away from Luke and look at him.

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

"I don't know. Just something." I smile. "What do you think?"

He thinks for a minute. His face lights up once he gets an idea. "Let's make cookies."

I nod. "If that's what you want to do." I laugh as he pulls me by my hand to his kitchen.

I grab everything we need to bake the cookies, Luke just stands by the counter. "I have no idea how to make cookies." He sighs. I look at him to make sure he's telling the truth.

"Seriously?" I raise an eyebrow.

How can he not know how to make cookies? Did he not have an easy-bake oven?

Oh wait, that's mainly for girls.

"Seriously. My mom never had the time to teach me, and I don't have the talent like you do that just would allow me to teach myself to make the perfect cookie." Luke says honestly.

"You've been deprived. That's all I'm going to say."

"That's true." He nods.

I start to make the cookie dough, Luke following my instructions carefully. Once we've finished making the cookie dough, I put them on the cookie sheets. I finish these parts quickly.

I begin to walk away to grab a towel to wipe my hands off when Luke stops me. "Let me get that for you." He says sort of seductively. He grabs my hand and begins to lick off the cookie dough. He replaces the licks, shortly, by small kisses. I laugh a little.

It's just a little cheesy. Yet, I do enjoy it. I pull his face towards mine, and I kiss him. He quickly kisses me back.

We continue to make out until we are interrupted by the beeping of the oven signaling the cookies being done.

Luke kisses me once more before I go to get the cookies from the oven.

"Just so you know, the dough was delicious." He smiles.

I smile back. "Good."

I slowly take the cookies out of the oven and place them on the stove to cool on the cookie sheet before I take them off and put them in a cookie jar. I wish I had one of those old time cookie jars like Luke does. But, I don't think we'd actually even use it.

"I'll have one." Luke smiles at me before he snakes his hand in the jar and grabs himself a cookie. He groans as he takes a bite and his eyes close in what must be satisfaction. "They're good like all your other food, Mar." He says.

I laugh. "Glad you like them."

"Like them? I don't like them. I love them." He smiles. "I mean, you try them. You could enter a contest."

"They're not that good." I say seriously.

"Oh they are." He kisses my cheek. "And I think I know what I'm talking about." He smirks.

"You do? I thought you were a crazy guy." I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, I am." Luke says seriously.

"What makes you crazy?" I laugh.

"I see dead people." He laughs back.

I freeze for a couple seconds before laughing.

He notices, though. "Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" He asks.

"No, no. You're fine." I smile like nothing bothered me.

"No, there was something. What was it?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

"Marney, you know you can tell me everything, right? I won't judge you for anything." He smiles and sits on the counter.

I frown. I can't tell him. There's something about him that makes me afraid to tell him, even though I shouldn't be.

"Mar?" Luke looks at me, waiting for a response.

"You will call me crazy, I guarantee it." I sigh, not looking him in the eyes.

"What? You see dead people?" He asks, half joking. I don't answer, just look away. He hops off of the counter. "Wait. Do you?" He walks over to me, his hand lightly on my arm.

"Um... I do. I promise you I'm not schizophrenic. Nothing can hurt me. If I was, you would have noticed. I promise you I won't do anything to you and this won't do anything to harm you at all. You just can't see what I can." I look away.

Luke surprises me as he pulls me into him. "I like you just the same." He whispers. "Nothing can change that."

I smile weakly.

"And you being honest with me is so good. I want you to be completely honest with me. I'll be completely honest with you, too." Luke says.

"You really don't find me crazy? Normal people would." I say.

"I don't... I think it's because I..." He trails off. I look up at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing.... I'm sorry." His eyes are staring into mine. I can't help but nod and stare back into his blue-green eyes.

Still, though, what was it he was going to say?

Luke leans down and kisses me lightly. I kiss him back. It begins slow, and then gradually get's harder, faster and messier. He carries me to his room, which is all that I notice. In what feels like a couple seconds, I'm on his bed, Luke on top of me.

This has happened so many times I've lost count.

"I'm sorry that you probably think I'm crazy." I say in between his kisses.

"You're my crazy girlfriend. I can live with it." He jokes and I pull him to me once again and kiss him harder.

~Author's Note~

I think (I hope) this is a longer chapter.

I'm beginning to hate Max to death and I'm the writer! I can tell you all that I have so much fun writing and reading this story.

I love all the good feedback I get and all the recent votes. It's just so amazing.

Thank you all for 2.5K reads and 250 votes!! I love you all for that! I never thought I'd get this far (it's not that far, but for me, that's amazing!).

Please comment what you think! Anything I need to change, etc, please tell me!

Also, don't forget to ***VOTE***!

Thank you all so much for reading! I love you all!!

-Izzy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 1.8K 50
Book one in the Bloodsworn trilogy So here's how life used to go: We'd go to school, study, have fun, fight the occasional hunter or two, an...
1.4K 113 53
I hate secrets. And I hate drama. But somehow, I stumbled into relationships with two girls, each one hiding something big from me. Bree is beautifu...
13.4K 201 21
(there's a weird plot to this) So, reader is normal or so it would seem, not soon after revealing a secret to one of the slashers she seems to have h...
1.4K 51 28
Kacey is no ordinary teenage girl. Years after waking up in a hospital, finding out she has no memories, and almost getting murdered twice, she is of...