Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People

76.1K 2.4K 436
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People or Is Your Refrigerator Running?

Decemeber's room. Although its not that color and the bed is bigger.

Give December a break; she doesn’t know Hunter’s intentions even though you all think you do. No cautious person would give in so easily. She’s not being vain, or conceited, or stuck up because she’s not so “easy” with Hunter. She’s scared, confused, and unsure of who this boy is and what he wants. Just thought I would put that out there, after all the comments about the non-kiss last chapter.

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."-Dr. Seuss

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."-Dr. Seuss

COMMENT AND VOTE!

December’s Pov.(Not edited)

Hunter turned to walk back towards the car but I yelled his name to stop him. “Hunter wait!” I yelled out my window and he looked up towards the house. I snatched off my heels and ran down the stairs out the front door leaving it stretched wide open.

“Hunter, thank you.” I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. He froze for a second before looking at me with a small smile. The moon was shining brightly above us and illuminating our forms. I peeked at Tristan to see he was typing into his iPhone again. His face contorted in heavy concentration his eyebrows nearly tapping each other.

“For what?” He asked his eyebrows furling. Although Hunter was a nuisance and I didn't want to tell him; I had to admit that he was pretty adorable when he was confused. The shine was hitting his face the right way and he looked somehow different in the lighting.

I was never truly afraid of Hunter as a person, more of what he was capable of. To someone who wasn't aware of his devious acts; people would probably assume he was just the out-going, goofy, fun-loving type. But I knew better. There were things about Hunter that were more dangerous than just the school pranks and fights. Something that lied with him and his brother, something that I had a feeling was going to change my life.

I blinked at him taking myself away from my roaming mind. The crescent moon was a beautiful way for the night to irradiate the setting. If I were any other girl or in a movie this would be the scene were there would be a sweet and romantic kiss; or the scene that makes up for the awkward almost kiss earlier. But this was me and that was Hunter. It wasn't going to happen.

I just smiled at him lowly and walked back into my house. I closed the front door behind me and I peeped through the small window on the wooden frame to see Hunter get back in the car with Tristan and drive off. I wondered where they were going and if they really did know that Ryan was there, but just didn't want to worry me.

I slid off the dress I was wearing for homecoming and into a tank top and pj bottoms and got into bed. It was only 10:30 and it was a Saturday, so I wasn’t really sleepy.

Ten minutes later there was a knock at my window. Now with Ryan being on the loose and obviously out to scare the living shit out of me for no apparent reason, I was cautious. I backed off of my bed and near the door and looked out the window, so that if I saw someone I didn’t know I could get a head start run out of there. When I saw that it was that annoying bad boy at my window I marched over there and opened if for him.

“Is there really a purpose for this lock?” He asked glaring at it while he walked all the way into my room. Hell yeah when a brother like yours is on the loose. But I merely rolled my eyes, shrugged, and headed back to my bed.

“So, I’m here to take you out to a party.” Hunter told me carelessly not even bothering to look at my expression. Instead he was already in my pulling out stuff for me to wear. “Here wear this, and throw on that eye-stuff you girls wear or whatever.” Then he shot me a smile over his shoulder “Though I personally like your natural look.”

“Hunter you didn’t even ask if I was going. Besides, there was something I needed to talk to you about.” I whined before begrudgingly getting up and sitting in front of the small vanity I had, applying a little bit of eyeliner. I didn’t use much makeup, only eyeliner, mascara, and sometimes eye-shadow.

I directed my gaze onto the bed where he threw the clothes to see a pair of my jeans that were on the super tight side. I think my mom bought them for me while she was on a trip and got the wrong size. The shirt was a simple tube top that was a lengthy and flowy.

***

The party that Hunter’s taking me to was just a couple blocks away, so we were just going to walk there. When we stepped out of my house Tristan was there though with Hunter’s phone in his hand. He was in the jeep—which to be honest, I didn’t know if it was Hunter’s or Tristan’s.

“You forgot your phone dumbass.” He rolled down the window and threw it at Hunter, but with Hunter’s reflexes he caught it with ease.

He directed his attention to me and said “Don’t drink and park. Accidents cause people. I’m telling you because you’re the more responsible one.”

My mouth gaped open and I stuttered for an answer “I—you—that’s not happening, Tristan!”

He put his hands up and shrugged, "Just saying, kids in the backseats cause accidents, accidents in the backseats cause kids." I knew it was somewhat of a joke, but his face was utterly serious.

“We’re walking idiot.” Hunter chuckled trying to fight a small smile that threatening to break through.

“Just make sure you two are being safe.” He beamed before rolling up his window and driving off down the street. Well at least he was a better driver than Hunter.

It was a little humid outside and my hair was beginning to frizz. I kept moving but my tight skinny jeans were snug everywhere. He definitely picked this out on purpose.

Hunter looked as good as ever but this time he'd decided to be the stereotype looking bad boy. He has the jeans, white shirt, and black Nike's. He had his leather jacket and a small smile on the corner of his face. Typical look; and Lana Del Rey described him perfectly except he wasn’t a James Dean look alike.

"So about that kiss?" Hunter hinted and I brushed it off casually bumping him with my shoulder.

"It was on the cheek Hunter don’t overreact." I swear I rolled my eyes so much when I was with him. Like 25 times a day.

His smiled widened and opened his mouth "But—” But nothing. I wasn’t going to discuss this.

"Drop it" I warned and he did. We walked in silence a bit before he opened his mouth again.

"So you had something to tell me?" The content smile I had on my face melted off instantly.

“Hunter, I saw your brother at the dance and that note I thought you wrote, but you didn’t. It had to be from him and its scaring me.” Hunter just watched my mouth the entire time I spoke. I think he was trying to analyze the situation before doing anything crass or reckless. His posture was stiff and although I’m not one of those ‘I can see it in his eyes’ people, he looked a little angry.

"He's gone for now” Hunter sighed, his shoulders sagging a bit.

"What do you mean for now?" I asked nervously. I mean I didn’t want Hunter to have injured him or anything that bad because then he would come back with a vengeance. He gave me a dry look and ran a hand down his smooth face.

"I didn't kill him if that’s what you're thinking. He just left again. He shouldn’t be back for a while." He lifted a hand and ran it through his hair, looking a bit frustrated. His hand was no longer wrapped so I knew that whatever injury he had on Thursday wasn’t very deep. I didn’t want him to go fighting Ryan again.

I didn’t know what to do or say to take his mind off of it. I didn’t even know how deep this problem ran. It could’ve been just a bit of sibling rivalry and Ryan got enjoyment from eliciting fear in people Hunter knew. The house came into view before I needed to say anything, and my fear came up.

"I'm not sure about this Hunter." The butterflies in my stomach were kicking in and I was feeling a bit queasy. I think I would’ve been better off back at home.

He grabbed my hand and gave a reassuring squeeze. "You'll be fine. I'll be by your side the whole time. I won’t even leave if you have to use the restroom. I'll be standing right beside the sink."

He knew what to do to take my mind off my nervousness. "Shut up." He smiled at me and we were approaching the madness that was a high school party.

The house was average and it looked like the typical house party. Music blasting from it, drunken teens in the lawn, some were just talking. It wasn't out-of-hand crazy, but it was enough people to be called wild. Hunter led me in the immediate smell of sweat and heavy perfumes overwhelming me.

We moved pass the couples making out and the other that were grinding on the dance floor and into the living room where we stood near the couch. My throat was dry and I was getting a little anxious being here. I wasn’t the type to enjoy these things, but Hunter just wanted me to at least try it. I know that if I told him I was uncomfortable he would be fine with leaving.

"I'm gonna go get a drink!" I yelled to Hunter over the music and other loudly talking people.

"Get me one too. Avoid bowls unless marked!" Hunter didn’t get too far in my personal space so I wasn’t entirely sure what he actually said. I caught the first part but the other sounded weird. It sounded like 'Don't get lost in the dark'. Didn't make sense but I went with it. I nodded heading into the kitchen. I searched the fridge finding no bottles of water or any cans of something to drink.

I asked a girl who looked friendly enough where some were. She was wearing a red crop top with a pair of high waisted shorts.  "Oh well you should go for this blue bowl, that’s the non alcoholic beverages and the other in the red bowl is." She giggled removing her brown hair from near her mouth and walking away with a slight sway. I shrugged and grabbed two cups filling them.

I brought them out to Hunter who was leaning against the frame leading into the living room of the house. He smiled, grabbed the cup, and raised an eyebrow. "No cans? You sure this isn’t liquor?" I sniffed the drink and it didn’t have a strong odor. It smelled like fruit punch to me with a slight spice.

"Yeah a girl told me these were the non alcoholic drinks." I replied and he shrugged, slurping it down and I did the same. I didn't expect the slight burn from the liquid and for some reason everything from that point seem to slow down. The drink itself was pretty good and Hunter and I couldn’t stop getting more and more.

“Definitely alcohol but I can handle it,” Hunter nodded taking another sip. I don’t think he expected it to be as strong as it was. I thought I could handle one cup of the stuff but I was not ready at all.

The alcohol was running through out systems causing Hunter and I to laugh at everything someone said and saying stuff to each other that barely made any types of sense. We joked, we talked to other people about non-sense, and stumbled.

One minute I was laughing at something someone said and the next I was dancing with Hunter; not wildly more like intimately. His hands were on my back and mine were around his ribs, my head buried in his chest. When the song ended Hunter and I laughed clapping loudly to the nonexistent DJ.

"Wanna go get some air?" He whispered and I hiccupped nodding my head giggling. We walked—well swayed out of the heavy party and into the fresh air outside. We stumbled pass a couple of people who glared or sneered at us for coming to close or walking on their feet, to a tree near the house.

"I think we're drunk Cemberrr." Hunter smiled chuckling a bit.

"Nooo those were non alcoholic drinks rememberrrr." I laughed pushing him slightly, my words slurring. I honestly didn't remember.

"I'm gonna call Tristan!" Hunter laughed, fumbling to bring out his phone from his pocket.

"Yeah pranks him...” I garbled cheering him on. I raised my arms to pump it in the air only to lose balance, even though I was sitting.

"Hello Tristaaaan. Is your refrigerator running? Come catch it." He managed to get out between hiccups and laughs. I laughed clutching my stomach and he had a fit trying to keep in his laugh. Hunter had the phone on speaker so I could hear his confused friend.

"Didn't I tell you two not to drink! I'll be there in 10." He sighed frustrated and hung up the phone. I laughed lying back in the grass and Hunter lay next to me.

When Tristan finally showed up Hunter and I were playing with pieces of grass and each other's fingers. Tristan honked the horn from the front and Hunter and I were making heavy eye contact.

"You're really cute yoou know that?" Hunter beamed hiccuping.

"I like you around,"' I replied.

He leaned in and I made no moves to stop him in my drunken state. Tristan honked again causing Hunter to miss my mouth and kiss the side of my cheek barely even grazing the corner of my lips. I laughed and he laughed and I fell on top of him. Not in a sexual way, but in a drunken and dizzy way.

I jumped up abruptly, losing my balance to where Hunter caught me. Even drunk he was fast with his reflexes.

I guess we took entirely too long because Tristan made his way out of the car and was storming toward us. "How much did he drink? It takes a lot for Hunter to get drunk like this."

"I lost count after the third cup." I giggled bouncing a bit. Tristan rolled his eyes and let out a breath of air before helping Hunter and I to the car.

"They're gonna feel this in the morning." I heard Tristan mutter before I passed out.

***

When I awoke, I was in a warm bed, felt a warm presence near me, and something whining below the bed. Something—I’m guessing another blanket was tightly wrapped around my thigh and pressed up against my backside.

My head felt like there were mini men in there hitting at my skull with sledge hammers. My stomach was clenching and my ears were ringing. I groaned keeping my eyes closed to soak in the comfort the dark gave, even if it was only brief. I grabbed my head rubbing a little, as if that would soothe the pain away. I opened my eyes blinking a bit, but I didn’t get a full glance of the surroundings before I closed my eyes again.

I sat up slightly, a little too quickly causing me to get an even worse headache. I was resting my weight on my elbows, eyes in slits, barely opened. I grabbed it and moaned "Ow.” I finally opened my eyes, casting them downward towards the end of the bed to see Hunter with tight bear hug on my leg, his head set firmly on thigh. “Hunter why are you in my bed?"

"Go away mom." He groaned flipping around and settling into my leg even more.

Before I had a chance to wipe the sleep out of my eyes and open them wider and access where I was the door opened. Tristan came bounding in saying “Wake up you two” and that’s when I could tell this wasn’t my room. I was at Hunter's house and his bed.

Got me spinning like a ballerina feeling gangsta every time I see ya. You're the king and baby I'm the queen of disaster, disaster Got me spinning like a ballerina You're the bad boy that I always dreamed of.-Lana Del Rey, Queen Of Disaster

Damn, this girl, can't find nobody like her. She is everything I want and I'd do anything for her. I'd beg, beg, and beg, make me believe that there is no one else I need.  When you satisfy me. I'll take you home We can be alone And let my body show you lovin' like its never ever know I wanna take ya home tonight, alone. Take you places you've never known. Keep you coming right back for more-Sleeping With Sirens, Your Nickel Ain't Worth My Dime

Oh and I keep getting asked this. There will NOT be an Anna/Tristan spin-off. IF, anything happens between them it will be in this story. They are not the main characters so therefore, they’re not as important.

How do you think December is going to react to being in “bed” with Hunter? Do you guys still dislike Tristan (even tho he’s a pretty good friend)?  The almost kiss? The drunken cheek kiss? COMMENT AND VOTE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 84K 36
Tutoring the Bad Boy. ~~ He smirked. "Whoops! Look who has read 50 Shades of Grey. Trust me getting kinky is almost every guys dream. I knew you had...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
54.8K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
327K 10.9K 35
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...