Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel

Chapter 37:Like a Damsel or Pushing That Bitch Out the Window

"How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?"― Dr. Seuss

PLEASE SHARE! Oh and the more comments on this chapter and on my two new stories(Consorting Jordan and The Businessman's Surrogate) I get, I will update the next chapter super quick. Yall might want to listen, cuz I'm going out of town Wednesday. So if you guys do this for me, I'll update before I leave!!! :D

3rd Person's Pov.(Not edited)

Hunter felt bad for lying to December. He didn't want to. It was something he felt was never needed, but he wanted to protect her. He knew at the end of the day that it was either him or her, and he much rather it be him.

He loved her. Loves.

Even after all the pressure from his brother to get her out of his mind, that love wasn't real, that he was being stupid; he still managed to fall in love with her. Or maybe he always was, but that wasn't the point.

The exact words Ryan said replayed through his mind like it was stuck on repeat. "It's simple. You either rot in here with a long sentence once I 'comply' with the police. Or you ditch December, and join back." He chose his words carefully because he knew that we were being watched in this heavily monitored room. Hunter didn't have a lot of time to think about it because December came in immediately after his brother.

But now that he did see her he knew what he had to do. It was better for the welfare of everyone. He wouldn't lose his scholarship—one he didn't tell anyone about because he didn't really see it as that big of a deal. His mom was the one who made him accept it anyway. It was a great opportunity and he didn't want to disappoint anyone by wasting it, not even himself.

After a couple of hours he was finally free on bail. He would go to court in a couple of weeks to see if he would get sentenced with whatever bullshit charges that he was sure the officer would stick him with.

Hunter emerged from the room to face his little sister whose huge, similar hazel eyes were glistening with unshed tears. She ran over to him as soon as she saw him and wrapped her arms around him. December, Anna, and Reylor stood near the door and just watched. Officer Smith walked over with the only cheerful disposition in the whole precinct, and only one willing to un-cuff Hunter.

His mom rolled her eyes and walked out the door knowing that the teens would follow her out. Hunter didn't speak and that nerve-wracked December. She wanted to hit him for lying, kiss him because she wanted to, and cry because she wanted this to just be all over.

"So how was jail this time around, Hunt?" Reylor asked finally breaking the silence, she threw her lengthy black hair over her shoulder, her dark brown eyes focused on him.

"Ahn, it was the same. Rick said hey and to stay out of trouble." His demeanor was calm and level-headed while December was panicking over the sheer fact that he could be charged in a little bit with a crime he didn't commit. That irritated her that he was so calm about it.

Once they got back to Hunter's house the rest of the gang was there sitting at the steps. Hunter pulled December close and she didn't have it in her to push him away right now. The resistance that she had at the beginning of their friendship was way past gone.

After Hunter staying quiet while the gang talked he made sure to be super affectionate. Like she meant he wouldn't keep his hands off her and this was more than usual. It seemed like he was reverting back to before they were dating Hunter--like he didn't remember she was his girlfriend.