Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies

Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies or The Crypt Keeper

A/N: IF you dont not remember a character. Please go back and re-read a section-they're most likely important. IF you do not know a phrase or word please look it up.

 Off to the sides are Jeremy and Peter at the top and the bottom is Reylor and Cj.

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."-Maya Angelou

December’s Pov.(Not edited)

The month passed by rapidly with no signs of Ryan and that scared me. Halloween was approaching too and I wondered what Anna had planned for it. She was the type that we always had something to do for Halloween and she always picked out our outfits and what we were going as. Last year we didn’t dress up as much just as simple witches and gave out candy to the children at the shelter.

This year I think we would be going trick-or-treating with our friends—Hunter, Tristan, Jeremy, and Peter. They were like big children so they would definitely try to go get candy.

Right now Hunter and I were walking home from school; he was casually bumping my hip with his body. And me being a smaller person, I moved more than a normal person. I glared up at him and he only smiled.

Over these couple weeks Hunter has been a little more protective if anything. He managed to trick me into giving him my number—well he got it from Anna, who I’m sure was more than happy to give it to him.

When we were in front of my house, I noticed Hunter kept walking. “What are you doing?” He pretty much came in my house everyday no matter how much I told him to go home, so it was odd to see him keep going without telling me.

“Come on, I have some people for you to meet.” He gestured his head in the direction of his house.

“I’m pretty sure I met all your family members and indirectly one.” I rolled my eyes. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of his house. It was a bright and sunny day despite it being the end of October, but this is Southern California so it’s expected.

Hunter never let go of my hand and I kind of forgot about it until we reached his house. And when I noticed, I ripped my hand from his grip. Hunter paid no mind like usual and casually walked to his garage.

Even though we were in a garage I felt the vibe the home gave away and I basked in it for a couple of seconds. How could a house so comforting be a home to someone who was a threat to me.

We hopped onto his motorcycle and headed in the direction of Tristan’s house but instead we pulled up to a garage—a place where they worked on cars.

“Where are we?” I enquired my eyes roaming the establishment. Kind of like a Jiffy Lube but a bit bigger.

“Oh, this is where the rest of the gang hangs at.” My steps faltered at that word. Was Hunter in a gang? What kind of things were they into? Something in my mind told me that no matter if Hunter was into that stuff I would still want to be around him. And that scared me.

“Gang—as in friends who chill together, April. I know that brain of yours is over-thinking right now. Now come on.” Hunter wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me in the entrance door and past the cars and into the back room.

My eyes did a scan as quick as they could while Hunter was pulling me. It looked like a typical mechanic’s shop and it smelled of oil. It was relatively clean from oil spots thought. There were a couple here and there but it was cleaner than most shops like these. Either they were super sanitary or didn’t get much business but I’m going with the first one. The back walls were a gray color and the floors were too, although it didn’t feel like cement necessarily.