Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child

Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child or Brought Something Pyrophoric

“Love is the bridge that leads from the I sense to the We, and there is a paradox about personal love. Love of another individual opens a new relation between the personality and the world. The lover responds in a new way to nature and may even write poetry. Love is affirmation; it motivates the yes responses and the sense of wider communication. Love casts out fear, and in the security of this togetherness we find contentment, courage. We no longer fear the age-old haunting questions: "Who am I?" "Why am I?" "Where am I going?" - and having cast out fear, we can be honest and charitable.”-Carson McCullers

Although I didnt make it to my goal :/ I thought you guys deserved it who did. Thanks. COMMENT AND VOTE! Sorry its kinda Melancholic and Reflective.

3rd Person's Pov.(Mainly Hunter's ;)

December was both a sore subject and a helpless infatuation to Hunter. More than he'd rather talk about it, she was something to him. Of course with the title his of girlfriend (which still amazed him), but she gave him emotions.

Ryan trying to boss and force his way between him and December was enough to not only irritate him, but bother him with the fact that it was working in a mentally driving way. Hunter would do anything to make sure that December would be okay, and he meant anything.

Love. It was not on his agenda and as for Hunter he still had no belief in it. 

Then what was December? He let the thought fade as soon as it popped up.

He didn't believe in love and although December gave him feelings and he liked her a lot—he could never be in love. His parents and even his brother ruined that for him. He barely saw it for other people; he didn't think it was possible for himself.

His dad being addicted to heroin didn't give him a complex or daddy issues. It just made him more careful. He loved his mom but he didn't think it was smart to continuously let him in and out of their lives. If that was love then Hunter was sure he didn't want it. Muse barely if any at all, has really met or knows their father. At five it is easy to forget.

His mom constantly reassured him that love was real and that when he found it he would be willing to do the things he thought impossible. But in his other ear was his older brother Ryan, who understood the situation way more than he did. Ryan was almost three and a half years older than Hunter and he looked up to him at a point in time. He understood at the time what was going on with their parents and built up a hard interior and exterior for emotions. He didn't allow things to get to him anymore. He wasn't the same person he used to be.

And that he tried rubbing off on Hunter as much as possible. And in some way he got to him.

December was his want. Simple. And from his adolescence to now he has always wanted her. Other girls may have been in the picture but they were a pastime because he was always forced to believe that he couldn't have her.

Ryan always taunted him with these words whenever he was caught looking at her. He used them until he finally left the gang and those were his last words to him then. "She's too good for someone like you. Come on Hunter. You're an addict's kid, always in trouble, really short, funny looking hair, and you have a mean big brother. Look kid, she's innocent, a good girl, happy-go-lucky, and cute. That's an incompatible match. She doesn't belong with us. Why taint the good with the bad? She wouldn't even look your way."

And he listened. He grew out of the hair grew almost a foot and a half and became more handsome but he heard that phrase almost every day because every time he thought he'd come close to her, his brother always appeared telling him what was true.