Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay

Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay or Disease Ridden Rat

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."-Michael Jordan

December's Pov. (Not edited)

I woke up with dried tears on my face and a little girl and a dog lying on my legs. Reylor and Anna were sprawled on the floor in various places and I was wondering how Muse got in here?

When she yawned and opened her big hazel eyes at me, I stared into the light brown that reminded me of her brother. "I'm hungry, Cember."

My eyes started to water at the nickname. Okay, okay. Get a grip December. It's not like he's dead. I breathed out and nodded at her. She got up, making Toto shoot up and become alert. The old dog immediately stretched and hopped off the bed waiting for his owner to move. She jumped off the bed, making Reylor groan and get up. I walked over to Anna shaking her awake.

After making Muse a bowl of cereal and having her and Toto plop in front of the television, Reylor and Anna left to go change.

I was at a state of perdition. Once I told Hunter's mom, she was going to hate me. But it was all my fault and it needed to be done.

At about 10 o'clock my door bell rang and Reylor went to go get it thinking it was Hunter's mom.

"What are you doing here?"

"Protecting my friend from her weird ass overbearing Uncle, that's what." She replied with her arms crossed on her chest in a 'try me' stance.

"Whatever, get out of my face." My uncle pushed past Reylor and towards me. He looked down at the little girl and dog in the living room with a question glint in his eyes.

When she noticed his presence she looked up at him and recognition passed through his eyes. "You got this close to this boy?! Obviously I'm doing the right thing."

"Rey, Anna, take her and Toto upstairs." I was going to say what was on mind no holding back. They quickly did as I said and my Uncle has a curioius look on his face. I couldn't believe he actually thought what he was doing was the right thing.

"You're fucking evil." I spat at him looking at him in utter distaste.

"I'm evil for doing the right thing?"

"You're putting an innoccent boy in jail you fucking creep! You say you're looking out for me, but I know the truth. You're looking out for yourself. This is my life! Mine. Hunter was a part of MY life. If he would be my downfall then that's what he would be. I would have learned that way. But he did nothing but open my eyes. He didn't fight at all! He did nothing." My breathing was rapid from that revelation.

"I can't believe he brainwashed my niece. You're disrespecting me now? Your parents would be ashamed."

"Are you serious? You're obsession with him is borderline creepy-no, it is creepy. Like it's weird. You need to get a life and leave this boy alone."

"He's a bad seed December, whether you see it or not. He comes from a long line of them. Bet you he didn't tell you about his junkie of a father, or his gang member of a brother."

"I know about both of them. He told me everything. Even what he went to jail for, which you would never tell me."

"I was looking out for you!" His face was practically pulling against the skin that's how much he was yelling. He pointed at me strongly.