Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations

Chapter 29: Paths Along The Constellations or No Sugar Before Dinner

"He and I collided, like two predestined stars—and in that brief exchange, I felt what it was like to be immortal."-Lang Leav 

Look at the picture and the quote! Too beautiful. I own both of her poetry books. Please more than 350 comments before next update! Can it get as much love as Chapter 27 cuz wow! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! Those are my motivation trust me!

 December’s Pov.(Not edited) Kinda a filler

The thing those people had in common were that they all wanted to hurt Hunter in some way, even himself. The snake and bunny. I finally know what that meant now. Hunter has told me plenty of times that people saw him as the evil; the snake, that is tempting innocence but I didn’t think so.

The snake was Hunter and I was the bunny. Although phantasmagoric, the bunny symbolizes innocence but in my dream why would it kill the snake usually it would be the other way around. Now I know that I’m not some type of psychic but was this omen that I was somehow going to be the one to hurt Hunter?

I shook the thought out of my head and looked back at the boy who was now standing right in front of my face and sliding his hand on my hip.

“Is that what you want?” He whispered leaning closer with his eyes completely open. He liked me? Truly I knew the answer, I just didn’t want to accept the fact that he’s actually into me.

“I—” my words were caught in my throat by his question. Did I? Why even lie to myself and him, of course I did.

“Yes,” I spoke making it official I guess.

“Then you’re mine, there’s no denying it.” He smiled and before I even had a chance to smile back his lips attacked mine. His other arm slipped around my waist lifting me up because I was super short compared to him. His lips were soft and dry like they always were and they tasted like he had been eating chocolate chip cookies.

But my mind drifted back to Ryan’s words to me. He said ‘Why would I kill my most prized possession.’ He talked as if Hunter was an inanimate object to do with what he wanted. As if he could control Hunter. I understand that he was his most prized thief, but why would he refer to his brother as a possession? That didn’t sit right with me. Why did Ryan want Hunter so bad? Why couldn’t he just train Kalian or Isabella? Or some other innocent kid?

And he kept insinuating that Hunter loved me. Didn’t he know that he actually succeeded in compelling his brother into not believing in love? But I do know that Hunter likes me a lot and I feel the same about him. I knew that I was a little late to be thinking about these things seeing how its been weeks since I was taken by Ryan. But the group never gave me a chance to think about it.

Ryan vilified his brother. He tried to hurt me by telling me to mistrust Hunter but I don’t think I have it in me. If he lied it would hurt, but I’m sure he has a good reason for it.

“December?” I heard Hunter call out when I finally broke from my reverie. When my eyes focused on him I realized that his lips were no longer on mine and he was staring at me with an eyebrow raised.

“Huh?” I muttered unintelligently, blinked up rapidly, my arms sliding down from around his neck to my sides.

“Your lips kind of stopped moving and you were staring into space with an adorable frown.” He placed a couple of his fingers under my chin to lift it up to look at him. “What’s up?”

I took for granted how attentive Hunter was about how I was feeling until now. I never realized how much he cared about what I was thinking.

“Oh nothing, I—just—why does Ryan consider you a possession?” I know this was a terrible moment to bring up something so hard to talk about for Hunter, but it was wracking my brain. I ruined an intimate moment, but with Hunter’s prurient mindset there will be plenty more; especially now that he’s my boyfriend. Still a weird thought.